Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2010 9:22 PM
Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice side story what do you think?
Aug 2, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2011
Great OST as usual. So I guess this episode focuses on the girls more...

I'm fine with that and I see that Mako isn't going down without a fight in this race. Not bad.
Nov 21, 2013 1:43 AM

Apr 2012
Aaaww yeah, Mako unexpectedly winning was perfect. I know, she wasn't up against either the number one or two of the Emperors, but still.

Also I spotted one new and very cool beat, great to see there's always room for improvement in that department.
Jan 17, 2015 1:53 AM

Aug 2014
Well the fan service caught me by surprise. That EVO guy was a pushover though.
Sep 18, 2015 11:32 PM
Dec 2009
After watching season five where the girls show up towards the end I came back to rewatch this. I like Mako and Sayuki better than any of Takumi's girlfriends, haha.
May 22, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely side story and fan service! I wonder if the second episode is a bit more about the romance part!
Oct 2, 2016 8:38 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
They sure like doing shower scenes of Mako. >_>

Cool race btw.
Dec 22, 2017 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
Been a while since I watched the series... lol I couldn't remember who the girls were talking about by name.

Intense race as expected from this series.
Sep 5, 2018 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
An extra with Mako as the main character? Sign me up! I loved it.

But Iketani truly was the worst, making her wait for more than three hours, and not even having the courage to call her, she waited for him, and it even affected her driving too. But well, Sayuki is a great friend, and when it comes to teaching a conceited misogynist that a girl can race better than him, they are the best. A pity it wasn't one of those two main guys from the team, but it certainly explains why they didn't go to Usui, their lackeys kept the existence of the 'Impact Blue' to themselves. At least the fact that they crushed a "superior" car or whatever, with no trouble at all remains, Mako is the real deal, and I love her.

A pity Sayuki's childhood friend is Shingo though, maybe he was decent when he was a kid, and not a person that sent others to the hospital or tried to make them crash or something, but poor her. Nakazato was bewitched though. lol Their faces when they heard that they had won against that lan-evo was priceless too.
Jun 23, 2019 8:55 AM
Apr 2016
Ah, it's nice to see an OVA that revolves around those two girls. The bath scene though, damn. Seems like it's going to be a rather heated up race.
Jan 3, 2020 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
I'm glad they won against that sexist pig. Mako is indeed a genius, even more with Sayuki's aid.
Jun 17, 2020 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
Cool side story. I liked the way that race was presented. It's visuals were decent and more slightly more detailed than in Second Stage. As always, the music was great - I really liked the track picked up as for the theme of Impact Blue racing with LanEvo guy.

I liked also subtle, yet very pleasant to watch fanervice scenes, I won't deny it. ;pp
Dec 9, 2020 8:19 AM
Nov 2020
Whats the song name in the first episode where mako and sato approach and challenge the lan evo guys (around 17:30 minutes in the first episode)... talking about funimation version...

Overall great OVA and as usual amazing OST...
Oct 30, 2021 12:53 PM

May 2020
Pretty cool, it was nice seeing more focus on side characters rather than everything always being about Takumi.
Jan 31, 2022 10:38 AM

Jul 2021
I was trying to fight sleeping in the second half of the episode.

The fan-service came out of nowhere, it wasn't present in the main series, why here? Why would you suddenly add boob shots in a perfectly family friendly anime? I'm rating this episode 6/10 just coz of that unecessary fan-service. Also the race was boring, I was sleeping half the time.

Expected something better, disappointed.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 30, 2022 11:41 AM

Feb 2012
Team Emperor members who went a head for Kyoichi got too cocky.

Mako and Sayuki show them girls can be good racers, too. It's good to see racers learning from their experience after racing against Takumi and his AE86.

Seeing Iketani make the biggest mistake of his life again was painful.
Fortress_MaximusApr 30, 2022 1:41 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 17, 2022 6:24 PM

Oct 2015
Never thought this was a fanservice anime in general, I was totally taken back too...

Mako/Sayuki duet is still kicking ass, that emperor douche kinda deserved it with his chauvinist remarks. I bet he will remember that loss a lot more. I see Mako has gotten over Iketani, I'm really glad she did, the guy sucks anyways.

I see Takeshi likes Sayuki.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 24, 2023 11:13 PM

Apr 2022
woah uncensored fanservice? unexpected but thank you very much.
music was fire as always, cgi improved and the sileieghty looked good as usual too.
Dec 8, 2023 12:01 PM

Oct 2022
The animation is simply evolving as episodes pass, it's just so tremendous. The ost has craved a name for itself in the Initial D series no doubt, It's good.

I guess it's the arc focusing on the SilEighty duo, especially Mako. Well, I must profess she deserved the win against that unsightly bloke IMO.

I'm satisfied with the complementary stage. Not bad.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Jan 1, 5:22 PM

Apr 2021
wow, this girl runs really well, it's incredible how she handles curves.

It was good she ran, I couldn't bear that humiliation.

This novel... is very cold.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Initial D Extra Stage Episode 2 Discussion

Bertorb28 - Aug 5, 2010

23 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 1, 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.