Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Manga Freezing Announced [Confirmed Aug 13]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 27, 2010 3:47 PM

Sep 2007
I said back in February that I'd kind of like to see this adapted, so I'll be looking forward to it. So long as it doesn't end up like Rosario+Vampire did, anyway.
Jul 27, 2010 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
SageShinigami said:
kindergraph said:

speak for yourself. i'm pretty sure you couldn't be more wrong on this point.

'Cause the rule is the stuff nobody likes comes out the most. Right.

I haven't read Freezing in ages, but last I checked it was pretty fucking epic. How many people here even READ the shit? Or are you all just reading the MAL description and coming here to trash it?

This x2
Most people just came to troll about it.
Jul 27, 2010 4:00 PM

Aug 2009
CodeSaint said:
SageShinigami said:
kindergraph said:

speak for yourself. i'm pretty sure you couldn't be more wrong on this point.

'Cause the rule is the stuff nobody likes comes out the most. Right.

I haven't read Freezing in ages, but last I checked it was pretty fucking epic. How many people here even READ the shit? Or are you all just reading the MAL description and coming here to trash it?

This x2
Most people just came to troll about it.

TOO MANY BOOBS=EVIL! :P
Jul 27, 2010 4:10 PM

Oct 2008
The manhwa is alright, people are overacting a bit... Sure Aflame Inferno, The Legend of the Maian and Unbalance X Unbalance are better. But give it a chance.
KhalidJul 27, 2010 4:37 PM
Jul 27, 2010 4:47 PM

Sep 2007
garfield15 said:

TOO MANY BOOBS=EVIL! :P

I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT !
... ... ...
Look at Queen's Blade ! That was so good !
... ... ...
Remember Seikon no Qwaser ?
... ... ...
Ok, i say nothing. XD

(And yes, i want Freezing animated.)
For the melodrama and other things, it's that what was so good ... Liked, comedy, action and drama ... Violinist of Hameln, Kurohimé !
Jul 27, 2010 5:00 PM

Sep 2007
Choosing this over UnbalancexUnbalance? What?
Jul 27, 2010 5:02 PM

Dec 2007
Khalid said:
The manhwa is alright, people are overacting a bit... Sure Aflame Inferno, The Legend of the Maian and Unbalance X Unbalance are better. But give it a chance.

I reject this. I read Unbalance x Unbalance for nine volumes waiting for the relationship to progress, she still only maybe might have liked him.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jul 27, 2010 5:50 PM
Jan 2008
i liked the manga at first, but it deviated away from the main characters far too much.... its like claymore in the sense that this drags it down
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Jul 27, 2010 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
I read some of UnbalanceXUnbalance. It was good but not like "I NEED THIS TO BE ANIMATED NAO!" good.

Why are we comparing the two anyway? Cause they're both manhwa?
Jul 27, 2010 5:57 PM

Jun 2007
garfield15 said:

That, and they're both done by the same author/artist team.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jul 27, 2010 6:04 PM

Feb 2008
loli_slayer said:
sayami said:
Why does it have to be another ecchi manga?

It prints money?

boobs=gold
Jul 27, 2010 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
Torisunanohokori said:
garfield15 said:

That, and they're both done by the same author/artist team.

Ah. That would explain things.
Jul 27, 2010 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
woo
Jul 27, 2010 7:38 PM

Mar 2008
Westlo said:
Would've preferred Unbalance X Unbalance or Aflame Inferno but as long as this doesn't get get butchered like Black God than its cool.

ditto
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2010 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Torisunanohokori said:
SageShinigami said:

I'm current on it, and feel pretty confident still declaring that it is a tad interesting at first, but it eventually descends to and stays at a horrible level of melodrama and disjointedness. Fanservice is far from the reason why I'm disappointed in this anime announcement.

Speaking as someone who enjoys about a third of the ecchi I watch, bashing ecchi based on minimal information is to be expected, as the vast majority of it (with some notable exceptions) is pretty crap in the romance and story department. It does sell, though, primarily thanks to those "silent majority gentlemen" who buy uncensored DVDs at a rate of 80$ per two episodes.

I'm read it dude and after 30ch or so this shite is unreadable
Jul 27, 2010 10:30 PM

Oct 2007
sayami said:

Like other said its for the money at least guy's (and some girls) money. But what about for the other girls?They have money as well. :
Its very sad but at least the girls can save more money. But still can girls at least get some little more good anime?
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jul 27, 2010 11:27 PM

Sep 2008
KuroTsuki14 said:
sayami said:

Like other said its for the money at least guy's (and some girls) money. But what about for the other girls?They have money as well. :
Its very sad but at least the girls can save more money. But still can girls at least get some little more good anime?

are you sherious ?
there more anime for you girls (anime that have chara which can appeal fujoushi, shoujo, etc etc) rather echii (not in sub-context)anime these days
Hell even if compared to slice of life anime, echii title (not in sub-context) seems rare...
Jul 28, 2010 12:11 AM

Jan 2009
fertygo said:
are you sherious ?
there more anime for you girls (anime that have chara which can appeal fujoushi, shoujo, etc etc) rather echii (not in sub-context)anime these days
Hell even if compared to slice of life anime, echii title (not in sub-context) seems rare...

ha ha! you make funny joke.

there's nothing wrong with ecchi anime (i enjoy quite a bit of it) but you can't deny that it dominates the market, and to say that that position is held by female-oriented series is just stupid.
Jul 28, 2010 12:29 AM

Oct 2007
fertygo said:
KuroTsuki14 said:
sayami said:

are you sherious ?

Well what i'm seeing there like 2 or 3 new animes with lot girls and with or with out ecchi in it every months, also this summer animes is like 15/14 anime with alot girls + fanservice in it and only couple of good anime for both gender there like 5 that girls are willing to watch since doesn't have much girls or fanservice.

I give up my hopes on seeing what new anime in the news discussion forum, heck I even make guess what's in the new anime and I all was right about to many girls or fanservice it.
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jul 28, 2010 12:30 AM

Oct 2007
kindergraph said:
so this is by the same guys who did kurokami? that shit was unwatchable.

Yeah it was, but its Sunrise's fault for that since its nothing like the manga.
Jul 28, 2010 12:34 AM

Sep 2008
kindergraph said:
fertygo said:
are you sherious ?

ha ha! you make funny joke.

there's nothing wrong with ecchi anime (i enjoy quite a bit of it) but you can't deny that it dominates the market, and to say that that position is held by female-oriented series is just stupid.

Yes that what the recent trend moving
Unless you wanna tag every show that has boobs is echii show (that what I call "not in sub-context) in previous post. Seriously ookami-san is echii ?
For me show that stand in echii-genre on this season:

Sekirei PE
Strike Witches
Asobi ni Ikuyo
Campanella maybe ?

Yes there a lot anime with echii content and fanservice but call that all title stand in echii genre is silly...

Maybe what I said before is exaggerating, but the number that has a female as main fandom in keep increasing (Drrr, Kuroshitsuji, Uraboku , Hakuouki Noitamina show) and add one or two shoujo anime that aired in every season and we know "no anime for women" is only myth.
fertygoJul 28, 2010 12:48 AM
Jul 28, 2010 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
ha ha oh wow, i have no right to be getting as angry over this as i am.

fertygo said:
Unless you want tag every show that has boobs is echii show (that what I call "not in sub-context) in previous post. Seriously ookami-san is echii ?

Sekirei PE
Strike Witches
Asobi ni Ikuyo
Campanella maybe ?

ookami-san had a naked shower scene (one, that i saw. probably more fanservice that i haven't.)

fertygo said:
Maybe what I said is exaggerating, but the number that has a female as main fandom in keep increasing (Drrr, Kuroshitsuji, Uraboku , Hakuouki Noitamina show) and add one or two shoujo anime that aired in every season and we know "no anime for women" is only myth.

so shows with female nudity (for no plot purpose, mind you) don't count as fanservice/"ecchi" but durarara, a show with little to no male fanservice and cross gender appeal, is "for women" because it has female fans?

i enjoy sekirei, i guess that's a non-ecchi anime for women too!

e: if you like, classify ookami-san as "moe" - it won't change the fact that there are only two shoujo series this season, and one of them is an oav. hardly a force in the in the industry.
kindergraphJul 28, 2010 12:58 AM
Jul 28, 2010 1:23 AM

Sep 2008
kindergraph said:
ha ha oh wow, i have no right to be getting as angry over this as i am.

fertygo said:
Unless you want tag every show that has boobs is echii show (that what I call "not in sub-context) in previous post. Seriously ookami-san is echii ?

Sekirei PE
Strike Witches
Asobi ni Ikuyo
Campanella maybe ?

ookami-san had a naked shower scene (one, that i saw. probably more fanservice that i haven't.)

fertygo said:
Maybe what I said is exaggerating, but the number that has a female as main fandom in keep increasing (Drrr, Kuroshitsuji, Uraboku , Hakuouki Noitamina show) and add one or two shoujo anime that aired in every season and we know "no anime for women" is only myth.

so shows with female nudity (for no plot purpose, mind you) don't count as fanservice/"ecchi" but durarara, a show with little to no male fanservice and cross gender appeal, is "for women" because it has female fans?

i enjoy sekirei, i guess that's a non-ecchi anime for women too!

what ?
I said why you think some title with some fanservice stand as echii show ?
So Railgun is echii just like DRRR b'c just some shower / swimsuit scene? pffttt
in sub-context maybe yes, but as primary genre hell no
Show that can be called as echii is show that promised nudity/sexiness/erotic stuff or whatever can be called from the start like Ikkitousen or Sekirei and Freezing (how the hell I forgot HSoD in previous post list), not show that add some fanservice here and there periodly , that what I meant if want to be fair show that have "echii" as primary genre not that much in every season like most of you claim and arguably have fair share with show which appeal female as watcher. Unless you wanna count harem show (mostly harem is echii though), show that have meronpan chara, show that have shower or swimsuit scene is echii title.

tl; dr, I just want to state show that stand on echii as primary genre not make show that-appeal-female become less, in fact the recent trend prove show like that increasingly in number...

Far from "much more" like I'm said before though lol, sorry for that. But I'll be damned if some people can claim female can't watch anime these day...
Jul 29, 2010 6:08 AM

May 2010
UMMM ~
BOOBS ,, !! Gonna skip this one
Jul 29, 2010 3:01 PM

Dec 2007
*looks at pic*

NO, EYE BLEACH OMG
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Aug 4, 2010 7:47 PM

Jul 2009
It seems that almost everybody is welcoming Freezing with a lot of hate.
Have you guys even read the manga. Yeah there is some ecchi stuff, but there's also a DEVELOPING STORY. Something that a lot of manga seems to lack pretty recently. I mean, you have your usual ecchi cliché in there, but it's also very dark when it comes down to it. Of course they need comedy and fan-service, but if you're just judging this series for that, then your opinion holds no value whatsoever. I'm not saying that you should ABSOLUTELY love this manga, but from what I have heard from you guys, you don't seem to have read a lot of this manga. And just because it's ecchi, doesn't mean you should hate on it. I'm no big fan of ecchi stuff, far from it, except some rare exception, but you guys should wait to see how this turns out. I wasn't big fan of Kurokami and I think it wasn't that great (mind you, I never finished the show), but I think we shall all wait and see how this turns out. And I will be the first one to admit if the anime sucks ballz, because to me, one of the biggest insult you can do to a manga, it's to give it a bad anime adaptation (believe me, the anime Rosario+Vampire was total garbage, when the manga is pretty decent enough).
So let's just wait and see. Crap or good stuff will come out for sure...
'Til then, Duskrados out
DuskradosAug 4, 2010 7:54 PM
Aug 6, 2010 3:29 AM

Aug 2009
lol eechi debate.

@kindergraph: you need to know that some shows like Bakemonogatari is also popular among female viewers not just males, even though it is filled with eechi. Plus, your assumption of 'eechi is only for boyz' is terribly wrong. If you take Ookami-san as an eechi, then Durarara (selty shower scene) is for boys and Higashi no eden will be hentai, eh?
Aug 8, 2010 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
I say, bring on more ecchi, i ran out long ago~ lol

But, I love Freezing, but I would of been happier with a Onihime VS adaptation. Ah well, maybe his stuff will get more popular!
Aug 12, 2010 7:21 PM

Feb 2008
Updated on Aug 13th
The official website announced that the TV anime of Freezing will start next Spring.

Freezing official website
Aug 13, 2010 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
owyeah, good news...
put it on database plz ^.^
Aug 14, 2010 5:11 AM

Sep 2007
Good good !
Aug 14, 2010 5:18 AM

Jun 2009
PV of Freezing from Comiket 78:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx9q2jB38-g

Aug 14, 2010 5:27 AM

Sep 2007
Less breasts and less clothes ?
http://www.weplug.com/images_1/560f925b1704b119b0924583a418b87c20100814121259.jpg

Anyways, look good in art from the PV.
Aug 14, 2010 5:39 AM

Mar 2009
From the picture, I knew instantly it was an ecchi. Well, it kinda reminds me of Queen's Blade, but anyway I might check it out.
Aug 18, 2010 8:00 PM
Feb 2009
Ah man! I this is like dream come true. I'm totally looking forward to this. I'm following the manga and and it is awesome >_< I hope the anime sticks to it.
Aug 19, 2010 1:26 PM

May 2010
I was planning to read the manhwa, but I am glad it gets an anime adaption.
The character design is also beautiful, telling by the picture.
Aug 20, 2010 9:16 AM

Mar 2010
Meh. This doesn't look like it will interest me.

Aug 20, 2010 11:39 AM
Mar 2010
Cool~~
I was actually wishing for it to be animated~
i wonder if it will be in Korean like Winter sonata.
Aug 20, 2010 11:43 AM

Apr 2009
Kind of cool, but another boobies with action anime... I'll try it out.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Aug 23, 2010 5:15 AM

Jun 2008
one of the better boobs + action manhwa out there. kind of like more mature soul eater actually, plus the art is just kind of amazing.
Sep 10, 2010 8:20 PM
Aug 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFXcskd65V4

Looks good!
what boys need? boobs,naked girls, panties...and fight,blood,boobs(again)...

:) well the manga is interesting.
Sep 10, 2010 8:31 PM

Apr 2010
Don't know... but I'll at least watch the first episode after it comes out.

Sep 11, 2010 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
hope its as ecchi as its manga
Sep 23, 2010 9:52 PM

Dec 2009
Well this isn't really a SUPER ECCHI manga and this manga can be really cool especially with the fight scenes :)

And I'm happy to hear that there will be an upcoming anime adaptation to this because the manga almost never got updated :( soo let's hope they don't butcher it.
Sep 24, 2010 2:30 AM

Mar 2008
Looks like they're bigger than her head. Alas tumor boobs for the LOSE.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2010 4:44 PM
Oct 11, 2010 2:14 AM

Sep 2008
I came back because Mamiko Noto was playing a main character.
That automatically makes it a must-watch.
Looks like 2011 is Mamiko Noto year.
Oct 11, 2010 6:09 AM

Mar 2009
seeing the pv makes me said because its obviously not following the manga.....
Oct 25, 2010 12:29 PM

Sep 2007
The others minigames are out. ^^
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
10 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.