Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
May 25, 2016 2:01 AM
Aug 2013
I just finished it. Reading through the comments it seems people either like the first half more or the second half. I kinda prefer the story in the first half more the way it built up to the Mikado's revelation and Celty's head, but I like that the second half moved along faster, but at the expense of some characters getting less attention.

I like how oddly prophetic the Dollars social network was (thats basically all it was right?). I know this anime was made in 2010, but it says on Wikipedia the light novels started in 2004, meaning it predated facebook. I know myspace was around and stuff like live journal, but social media didn't have the same status then as it does now. Of course its not the first media to predict social networks, Orson Scott Cards Enders game featured kids influencing the world in a similar way. Also Gatchaman Crowds took this idea and made a whole show out of heroes who fight with the power of social networks.

But ultimately I find the show flawed, in that it zooms out so we see all sides of the story, yet never really feel too invested in all but a few of the characters. Some characters are just there to keep the show feeling busy rather than interesting (I'm mostly thinking about Dotachins friends here).

Why did the show need a headless biker to tell a story about gang wars? Why did the show needs a gang war to tell a story about a dulluhan searching for her head in Tokyo? Why did the show need any of that to tell the story about a guy who just wants to hit people with large objects? I think the writer of this series just wanted to take all of his toys out of the toy box and play with them at the same time. So what we end up with is a story that is like a food court, full of burritos, and butter chicken, and kebabs, all in one convenient location. You may not like butter chicken, but you like burritos, right? So Durarara is basically like that. The burritos were good, but the kebab meat was a bit off. 7/10
May 27, 2016 11:14 PM

Feb 2016
Love this anime 10/10 for sure
Jul 20, 2016 3:19 AM

Mar 2015
Thats it? Shizu-chan should punch Horada to death.

Damn Izaya deserved that black eye, haha 8D

Lot of revelation in this episode.

Celty would look hot if there is head but headless turns me off.

Im glad Masaomi stays truly to his gf. Hooray to Saki!

3.8/5

Overall: 6/10
Oct 19, 2016 3:40 AM

May 2014
I watched Baccano before watching this and I must say that the "mess suddenly makes sense"-ness in both is actually a pretty good concept.

So what's so good about Durara?
I think it's the characters that you slowly grow to like as you find out more about them in each episode. The nice feeling of seeing all the messed up puzzle pieces fit so well together is also a plus point. And, of course, the awesome ost.
Nov 16, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2015

I'll say it now. This what I've been thinking since early episodes.
Durarara!! is a masterpiece. 10/10. No doubts.

I'll even write a review but... I need to rest a little bit xD this was so awesome!
There's those moments in which you just know it's a 10/10. You know it's a story you wish to experience as the first time once again.

But there's more! There's the Episode 25 and then Durarara!!x2 so, the ride continues! IT DOES CONTINUE!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Celty is finally seducing Shinra!! Shinra is finally your chance! (I thought they had already) Do it! Be our hero!

• Kida don't go!! We'll miss you. Plz, come back!

• There was a girl with dark blue hair, like Izaya, in both the OP and in the ED but I never saw her in the anime =/
Nov 23, 2016 11:59 PM

Sep 2013
Shizuo beating up the car was classic

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 24, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2016
Not bad anime about gang life and some super natural stuff like puppet master mother or insane power barman or shadow bike'horse' rider headless princess. Pretty interesting and music is in fact cool. Liked the parts where barman was kicking black hair dude every greeting. On the way to next seasons I suppose. Wonder where will it lead.
HucuChillNov 24, 2016 12:22 PM
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 2, 2016 9:03 PM

May 2012
Interesting end to the arc. The three schoolkids were right at the centre of this arc, and I found them not at all engaging in anyway. They were boring when they were introduced and boring even after each of their deepest secrets were revealed, oh wells. However, what this series does well is give ample screentime to the most interesting characters; Shizuo, Celty, izaya etc. who played mostly side/supporting roles this arc.

I really dislike the 3 main schoolkids (indecisive MC, oppai, and womanizer) but that might just be my own hatred for the oversaturation of school aged kids in anime doing adult things (freaking gang wars man). However, as said before all the other characters were really interesting and engaging throughout the series.

Even with that (kind of significant) flaw, I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Bonus points for having two banger OPs (some of the best I've seen in a while). 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2013
Haha I died when the traffic police arrested the main Blue Square members. I especially died when I saw Celty putting her hands together in thanks. What a good end.
Jul 24, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2016
Holy crap. That episode is oh my god. My Izaya and Shizuo, and Celty being badasses in one episode. I missed this. Hahaha. Holy crap I really wasn't expecting I'm going to love this show so much despite the fact that I put in ON HOLD for months. Jeez. The regrets I'm feeling right now. Heck, a very good decision I gave it a go. Daaaaamn!

What a great way to end an episode.

My poor Izaya got punched in his beautiful face by Simon. Hahaha.

Celty *cough* *cough* seducing *cough* *cough* Shinra is so cuteeee. I'm gonna miss this show so much. <3

10 for Izaya, Shizuo, Celty, Simon, Shinra, and Kadota's group. <3

Overall 9/10 though because it has a lot of downsides, and I sincerely can't stand the 3 students.
TheDoggoneGirlJul 24, 2017 8:36 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 22, 2017 9:26 PM
Sep 2016
This Anime was great It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time it had so much mystery and shadowing behind it.
Nov 11, 2017 6:01 AM

Sep 2016
Simon got a nice punch on Izaya
Kida x Saki damn
They ran away
and reuniting in chatroom, Kida joining the Dollars.
Great end.
Jan 9, 2018 10:51 AM

Oct 2008
Second time watching it,completely forgot how much it loves to meander about and just accomplish nothing.

Cant believe it eventually got the green-light for 3 more seasons.
Mar 4, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
Similar style to Baccano and I gotta say despite having my doubts at the start of both show, it developed quite well.
You just really come to care for all the characters the more we learn.
Not much else to say, it's a really good show for what it does.

9/10
Nov 22, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2017
kinda anticlimatic. also sad to see Kida leaving, as he became a fav of mine by the end. oh well, gonna find another one then :P
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 13, 2018 3:33 AM
Dec 2018
That izaya creep needs to die . Absolutely horrible person .
Dec 16, 2018 4:14 PM
Aug 2018
Sonofsparda90 said:
That izaya creep needs to die . Absolutely horrible person .

Izaya is the best character and he have his own novels now (:
Dec 29, 2018 1:20 AM

Jun 2015
i ended up liking this anime overall, despite being bored in most of the episodes during the first half. but it developed super well on that part, and i can actually find a likable trait in all of the characters. a lot of people dont seem to like the students, but i dont mind them actually.
i don't get the hype for izaya completely, dude just seems like a manipulative asshole so far.. but i'll probably check out the other seasons to see how this is meant to progress forward.
8/10 from me.
Jan 14, 2019 11:58 AM

Nov 2018
The rest of it was very boring but the first half was good.
Jan 22, 2019 3:32 AM

Nov 2018
Twist after twist, suspense after suspense and finally reaching to the end where their hidden secrets are unveiled. I enjoyed it very much especially when the story doesn't just focus on one person but in each and every one of the characters, relating them with an invisible string.

That's a great ending for Kida though, especially the final reunion.
Apr 5, 2019 9:07 PM

Mar 2019
Ahh it was all worth it in the end just to see Simon send Izaya flying into that love sign xD about time he got a bit of what was coming to him.
May 3, 2019 9:46 AM
Dec 2014
Pretty average anime 6/10.THere's some cool idea but most of it was slow.They didn't even show Izaya reason of acting like he do that's make he's plain.
Sep 17, 2019 5:30 PM

May 2016
The warehouse scene was pretty anticlimactic compared to what I have expected because Mikado and Anri were too busy dragging Masaomi away from the scene instead of fighting together with the undercover Dollars. Horada getting his just desserts from Shizuo and the Traffic Cops with a bit of intimidation from Celty was a lot more satisfying.

The most satisfying moment in the episode aside from Celty seducing Shinra was actually seeing Simon get a punch on Izaya's smug mug after he had successfully gotten away from the Slasher unscathed~

It's sad to see Kida go but at least he's with his girl and he'll keep in touch using the chatrooms from now on. The ending to this anime's first season didn't feel like an ending at all and they even showed the preview of the next episode lmao

Apr 23, 2020 11:29 PM

Feb 2018
Celty is so sexy, final score 6/10
May 14, 2020 2:30 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
Good ending but it could be a little better. Tbh, it was love from the firts sight. The characters, music, humour, so goood! Perfect couple Shinra (a little bit mad guy) and cute moe Celty. (The last scene at the patio was sooo good, lucky Shinra ;))

Overall 9/10, Russian guy FTW
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

May 17, 2020 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
A wild Shizuo appeared out of nowhere. Not sure why Kida had to leave, but at least I approve him being together with Saki, so that Mikado can hang out with Anri.

Unusual for an anime this one started out meh and stayed meh just to end with a big "Eeeeeh whatever" for me. The stupidity of a lot of characters annoyed me, especially Shizuo and Kida. But I suppose that's one way to make Izaya's plans look smart. Can't understand why Izaya and Shizuo and such popular characters tbh. 5/10
Sep 1, 2020 10:45 AM
Jul 2020
the episode was really good and funny and while it did feel like the end of this chapter of the story it also lacked something... i wish there’d been more of a plot twist or an emotionally gripping end to this season

the entire anime is also pretty enjoyable, the story doesn’t always make sense and sometimes the characters’ motives are unclear but if you overlook that and just try to have fun it’s really not bad, a 7 or 8/10 from me personally

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiDec 16, 2020 3:52 AM
Sep 20, 2020 12:00 PM

Sep 2017
Nice theme song in the ending
خ
Dec 16, 2020 3:44 AM

May 2016
Idk why this show sky rocketed to Million so fast, there are a lot of other shows that
are way better than this. 6/10

Celty>Simon>Shizou
Jul 5, 2021 10:57 PM

May 2020
That punch on Izaya face is funny. But glad Kida and her gf back to the normal lovey dovey. I just disappointed with Dollars owner, he can do nothing. But finally he re-opened Dollars, story will be still going.
Oct 3, 2021 12:19 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't expect Kida and her girlfriend to leave the city if you ask me but it was the best for them.

Well, I enjoyed this anime. Full of mysteries and the supernatural stuff doesn't feel over-the-top for the most part. That was my third favourite this season, only topped by Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei and Angel Beats! 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 17, 2021 1:30 AM

Aug 2019
Ah loved the last episode...now to the next season...
Hollow-nowNov 17, 2021 1:34 AM
Dec 19, 2021 3:54 AM

May 2020
Anri meeting up with Izaya, but hey you shouldn't underestimate him at any cost. Have to say he got his own charm too, Izaya.

For now everything's been settled, but Kida leaving the city was somewhat unexpected. Still there were many unexpected things throughout, which is something i genuinely liked about this series. So 8/10 for me.

Gotta continue with the sequels.
Mar 12, 2022 7:12 AM
Feb 2022
This anime is so interesting i want to watch it but no time
Apr 19, 2022 3:37 PM

Sep 2018
That was a thrilling joyride from start to finish, each episode giving you a little bit more information, another piece of the puzzle, so you can finally fill in the blanks at a later stage in the series. Not that hard to understand really, you just gotta pay attention and be patient.

Awesome cast as well to compliment the incredible story that was woven, I guess we gotta think Izaya for most of that lol, the mastermind behind a lot of things. Plenty of suspense and surprises.

Some characters were static like Shuzuo and Simon, others developed more so like the main trio, quite amazing how big the cast was and how much time was spent on most of them. They were well done if you can imagine walking in their shoes... 9/10 show, liked it just as much as Baccano.
Jun 13, 2022 8:49 PM
Nov 2021
Pretty good series to stumble onto, I really enjoyed all the twists and turns. Rushi sushi would be right up my alley lol. 8/10 overall imo
Aug 15, 2022 5:48 AM

May 2018
The Dollars truly were the friends we made along the way. Good thing Masaomi and Saki are reunited. Hopefully he'll stop hitting up random girls now lol. Also damn Celty is bold wow!

7/10
Oct 14, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 2022
This was a great ending. I don't feel like everything was rushed and it finally made sense all the episodes kind of came togheter and can't wait to start the next season
Nov 15, 2022 12:32 AM
Apr 2020
Pretty good episode imo.
Jan 31, 2023 11:17 AM
Mar 2020
Thankfully everything is well. Glad to see the connection between the two love birds to be working out well, Celty and her scientist lover. Don't know what to expect from the second season. Glad Kida's in the group now even though I expected him to be out of the picture for some reason.

For some leaving off thoughts, it's really bothered me how the show seems to have no permanent consequences. Knowing that no one will die, even when shot by a gun like Shizuo, kind of makes the gravity of anything happening go down to zero. I know the characters are mostly comprised of children, but seeing no one die, even when they're on the brink like Kida, kind of makes the weight of the gang violence and politics seem meaningless. Other things that I felt were left unanswered were Celty's head being still in the hands of Izaya, the major battle that was supposed to happen to awaken Celty never occurring, and what Kadota had to take care of. Also, is Saki good or bad? I couldn't really tell at the end. Finally, with all that's occurred, Izaya feels somewhat meaningless in this whole series so far.

I just hope we see more dire consequences in season two.
Mar 11, 2023 8:07 AM
May 2020
kida got himself the happy ending
Mar 26, 2023 3:11 PM

Feb 2018
Mikado and Anri are able to help Masaomi get away from the conflict.
Shizuo won't let some wounds from bullets stop him and manages to pretty much stop the yellow scarfs from running away.
Anri trying to be one step ahead of Izaya ended the way you thought it would.

For a show that was trying to be so unusual it seems like it had quite the normal ending.
Everything seemed to just sort of fit together, then they were able to have their somewhat happy ending.
Mikado and Anri seem to be closer together now.
May 9, 2023 4:27 PM
Mar 2020
Loved how everything was connected and the ending was a culmination of each season
May 27, 2023 12:05 AM
Sep 2022
A good conclusion. I was pretty confused for the most part. But I at least liked many characters. Which means this was definitely worth watching.
Jul 10, 2023 6:28 AM
Jul 2023
The show always feels like its building towards something and eventually, rather than sagging on its growing stories and threads, the build up becomes the story. A large web of characters that are slowly grown alongside each other until everything is spilling into another story.
That said, it did take me three tries to finish this anime and that is for the fact that some threads are never resolved or have very lack luster endings that can sour the potential. But the majority of key points come to a satisfying point apart from one of the leads. I have and will watch this classic again, regardless of how things end.
Aug 5, 2023 9:28 PM

Jan 2016
I first watched this like 6 years ago and I was younger and did not really like this show even though I finished it. Now that I’m older, I can appreciate this anime more. Everything is connected and it takes a while to get the world building in order. Can’t wait for next season, although I’m guessing Izaya’s weird ass twin kissing sisters are gonna make me really annoyed. Overall 8/10.

Sep 13, 2023 2:13 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2011:

Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.