Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion

Apr 16, 2016 10:56 PM

I actually didn't think I was
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin

Apr 16, 2016 10:58 PM

I actually didn't think I would like this show because honestly I didn't think the first few episodes were very good. I was watching like one episode every two days. It wasn't something that I felt like I wanted to watch. But the last half was so good. I liked it a lot. Especially the last few episodes I loved. It's hard to rate this series since I didn't enjoy the start but really enjoyed the last half. I think I'll stick with a 8/10. I actually felt sad to see it ends which is a sign that I liked it haha.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin

May 25, 2016 2:01 AM
I just finished it. Reading through the comments it seems people either like the first half more or the second half. I kinda prefer the story in the first half more the way it built up to the Mikado's revelation and Celty's head, but I like that the second half moved along faster, but at the expense of some characters getting less attention.

I like how oddly prophetic the Dollars social network was (thats basically all it was right?). I know this anime was made in 2010, but it says on Wikipedia the light novels started in 2004, meaning it predated facebook. I know myspace was around and stuff like live journal, but social media didn't have the same status then as it does now. Of course its not the first media to predict social networks, Orson Scott Cards Enders game featured kids influencing the world in a similar way. Also Gatchaman Crowds took this idea and made a whole show out of heroes who fight with the power of social networks.

But ultimately I find the show flawed, in that it zooms out so we see all sides of the story, yet never really feel too invested in all but a few of the characters. Some characters are just there to keep the show feeling busy rather than interesting (I'm mostly thinking about Dotachins friends here).

Why did the show need a headless biker to tell a story about gang wars? Why did the show needs a gang war to tell a story about a dulluhan searching for her head in Tokyo? Why did the show need any of that to tell the story about a guy who just wants to hit people with large objects? I think the writer of this series just wanted to take all of his toys out of the toy box and play with them at the same time. So what we end up with is a story that is like a food court, full of burritos, and butter chicken, and kebabs, all in one convenient location. You may not like butter chicken, but you like burritos, right? So Durarara is basically like that. The burritos were good, but the kebab meat was a bit off. 7/10

May 27, 2016 11:14 PM

Love this anime 10/10 for sure

Jul 20, 2016 3:19 AM

Thats it? Shizu-chan should punch Horada to death.

Damn Izaya deserved that black eye, haha 8D

Lot of revelation in this episode.

Celty would look hot if there is head but headless turns me off.

Im glad Masaomi stays truly to his gf. Hooray to Saki!

3.8/5

Overall: 6/10

Oct 19, 2016 3:40 AM

I watched Baccano before watching this and I must say that the "mess suddenly makes sense"-ness in both is actually a pretty good concept.

So what's so good about Durara?
I think it's the characters that you slowly grow to like as you find out more about them in each episode. The nice feeling of seeing all the messed up puzzle pieces fit so well together is also a plus point. And, of course, the awesome ost.

Nov 16, 2016 3:46 PM

I'll say it now. This what I've been thinking since early episodes.
Durarara!! is a masterpiece. 10/10. No doubts.

I'll even write a review but... I need to rest a little bit xD this was so awesome!
There's those moments in which you just know it's a 10/10. You know it's a story you wish to experience as the first time once again.

But there's more! There's the Episode 25 and then Durarara!!x2 so, the ride continues! IT DOES CONTINUE!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Celty is finally seducing Shinra!! Shinra is finally your chance! (I thought they had already) Do it! Be our hero!

• Kida don't go!! We'll miss you. Plz, come back!

• There was a girl with dark blue hair, like Izaya, in both the OP and in the ED but I never saw her in the anime =/

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Nov 23, 2016 11:59 PM

Shizuo beating up the car was classic

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 24, 2016 12:16 PM

Not bad anime about gang life and some super natural stuff like puppet master mother or insane power barman or shadow bike'horse' rider headless princess. Pretty interesting and music is in fact cool. Liked the parts where barman was kicking black hair dude every greeting. On the way to next seasons I suppose. Wonder where will it lead.
Modified by HucuChill, Nov 24, 2016 12:22 PM
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Dec 2, 2016 9:03 PM

Interesting end to the arc. The three schoolkids were right at the centre of this arc, and I found them not at all engaging in anyway. They were boring when they were introduced and boring even after each of their deepest secrets were revealed, oh wells. However, what this series does well is give ample screentime to the most interesting characters; Shizuo, Celty, izaya etc. who played mostly side/supporting roles this arc.

I really dislike the 3 main schoolkids (indecisive MC, oppai, and womanizer) but that might just be my own hatred for the oversaturation of school aged kids in anime doing adult things (freaking gang wars man). However, as said before all the other characters were really interesting and engaging throughout the series.

Even with that (kind of significant) flaw, I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Bonus points for having two banger OPs (some of the best I've seen in a while). 9/10

Dec 13, 2016 11:46 AM

Haha I died when the traffic police arrested the main Blue Square members. I especially died when I saw Celty putting her hands together in thanks. What a good end.

Jul 24, 2017 8:24 AM

Holy crap. That episode is oh my god. My Izaya and Shizuo, and Celty being badasses in one episode. I missed this. Hahaha. Holy crap I really wasn't expecting I'm going to love this show so much despite the fact that I put in ON HOLD for months. Jeez. The regrets I'm feeling right now. Heck, a very good decision I gave it a go. Daaaaamn!

What a great way to end an episode.

My poor Izaya got punched in his beautiful face by Simon. Hahaha.

Celty *cough* *cough* seducing *cough* *cough* Shinra is so cuteeee. I'm gonna miss this show so much. <3

10 for Izaya, Shizuo, Celty, Simon, Shinra, and Kadota's group. <3

Overall 9/10 though because it has a lot of downsides, and I sincerely can't stand the 3 students.
Modified by TheDoggoneGirl, Jul 24, 2017 8:36 AM
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Sep 22, 2017 9:26 PM
This Anime was great It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time it had so much mystery and shadowing behind it.

Nov 11, 2017 6:01 AM

Simon got a nice punch on Izaya
Kida x Saki damn
They ran away
and reuniting in chatroom, Kida joining the Dollars.
Great end.

Jan 9, 2018 10:51 AM

Second time watching it,completely forgot how much it loves to meander about and just accomplish nothing.

Cant believe it eventually got the green-light for 3 more seasons.

Mar 4, 2018 8:44 AM

Similar style to Baccano and I gotta say despite having my doubts at the start of both show, it developed quite well.
You just really come to care for all the characters the more we learn.
Not much else to say, it's a really good show for what it does.

9/10

Nov 22, 2018 10:05 PM

kinda anticlimatic. also sad to see Kida leaving, as he became a fav of mine by the end. oh well, gonna find another one then :P
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)

Dec 13, 2018 3:33 AM
That izaya creep needs to die . Absolutely horrible person .

Dec 16, 2018 4:14 PM
Sonofsparda90 said:
That izaya creep needs to die . Absolutely horrible person .

Izaya is the best character and he have his own novels now (:

Dec 29, 2018 1:20 AM

i ended up liking this anime overall, despite being bored in most of the episodes during the first half. but it developed super well on that part, and i can actually find a likable trait in all of the characters. a lot of people dont seem to like the students, but i dont mind them actually.
i don't get the hype for izaya completely, dude just seems like a manipulative asshole so far.. but i'll probably check out the other seasons to see how this is meant to progress forward.
8/10 from me.

Jan 14, 11:58 AM

The rest of it was very boring but the first half was good.

Jan 22, 3:32 AM

Twist after twist, suspense after suspense and finally reaching to the end where their hidden secrets are unveiled. I enjoyed it very much especially when the story doesn't just focus on one person but in each and every one of the characters, relating them with an invisible string.

That's a great ending for Kida though, especially the final reunion.

Apr 5, 9:07 PM

Ahh it was all worth it in the end just to see Simon send Izaya flying into that love sign xD about time he got a bit of what was coming to him.

May 3, 9:46 AM
Pretty average anime 6/10.THere's some cool idea but most of it was slow.They didn't even show Izaya reason of acting like he do that's make he's plain.

Sep 17, 5:30 PM

The warehouse scene was pretty anticlimactic compared to what I have expected because Mikado and Anri were too busy dragging Masaomi away from the scene instead of fighting together with the undercover Dollars. Horada getting his just desserts from Shizuo and the Traffic Cops with a bit of intimidation from Celty was a lot more satisfying.

The most satisfying moment in the episode aside from Celty seducing Shinra was actually seeing Simon get a punch on Izaya's smug mug after he had successfully gotten away from the Slasher unscathed~

It's sad to see Kida go but at least he's with his girl and he'll keep in touch using the chatrooms from now on. The ending to this anime's first season didn't feel like an ending at all and they even showed the preview of the next episode lmao

Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]