Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 2008 3:28 AM

Oct 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Blah.. I definitely don't like how they're deviating from the manga regarding Rokujo's character. They're making him week and fragile while he himself claims he's the exact oposite in the manga

Anyway, apart from that it was a pretty good episode. "Mr. Badass Finger" finally made his appearance =P... (though I almost didn't recognize Mitsuki Saiga in his voice o_o). The battle sequences were good though I was expecting a bit more after seeing the ones at episode 1.
Apr 21, 2008 6:59 AM

Nov 2007
again, Miharu-kun's smile FTW :P

oooooh and yes that "Mr. Badass Finger" was frickin scary.
Good thing that the guy (...) appeared at the end for rescue...
or otherwise Nabari would have become a bloody tragic story from EP3 O_o

lol

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 21, 2008 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
Quite a good episode. found myself gripping the edge of my chair when kumohira was about to be killed by yoite. was a bit disappointed that miharu did not activate his shinraibanshou towards the end, well, i guess that's probably not in the manga then. looking forward to some kotarou action next week xD

Apr 22, 2008 4:52 PM
Nov 2007
i was expecting miharu to use his shinrabanshou and save everyone...
Apr 22, 2008 4:58 PM

Aug 2007
I actually liked the episode. Even though it deviated from the manga a bit, it was still good.

It's getting more interesting now.
Apr 22, 2008 7:39 PM

May 2007
Kayrhandros said:
Blah.. I definitely don't like how they're deviating from the manga regarding Rokujo's character. They're making him week and fragile while he himself claims he's the exact oposite in the manga

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was thinking the same thing.

But again, fights were animated really well in this episode. And the character models are growing on me by the episode.
Apr 22, 2008 7:49 PM

Nov 2006
WHOOOO GIANT NINJA CAT.
Apr 22, 2008 8:02 PM

Sep 2007
Finally, real antagonists! I'm glad to see the plot is finally getting off the ground. The show keeps getting better!
Apr 22, 2008 9:25 PM

May 2007
m1zzsandra said:
i was expecting miharu to use his shinrabanshou and save everyone...

Heh, so was I. And I'm super-glad that didn't happen. One, Fuuma-dono (I assume that was him at the end) was badass. Two, it would have been less enjoyable if it was going to turn into one of those shows where the protagonist is magically unbeatable every time he gets emotional. And three, why are all the men oh so pretty?!? Not that I'm complaining one bit, mind you. ;D That finger guy was creepy, but I liked how he was dressed. ;)
Apr 22, 2008 9:59 PM

Jul 2007
lol @ Miharu's smiling-jutsu technique, he's such a slut XD

Anyways I really liked the episode, the fights were nice and that new character with the hat is awesome, I'm really enjoying this series^^,

Apr 22, 2008 11:45 PM

Jun 2007
Triethanolamine said:
lol @ Miharu's smiling-jutsu technique, he's such a slut XD

haha "Welcome home! *opens arms*" that reminds me so much of Naruto's sexy jutsu.
Apr 23, 2008 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
this was done real well, i enjoyed the whole twisting of bodies. and i am so glad that he didn't activate his shinrabanshou to save everyone, that would just make it cliche.

Apr 23, 2008 1:28 AM
Jun 2007
This took a dive head first into fucking magma.

Someone with a sword beating someone with a gun?
Flying?
Giant Shurikens being pulled out of hammer space?
Magic Powers?

This is exactly Naruto. I'll keep watching just so I can fairly give it <=4 when it finishes.

Apr 23, 2008 4:43 AM

Nov 2004
I was disappointed how Rokujou is so weak in the anime and can't fight at all. T.T I decided to read a bit of the manga and like it so much more there... Yoite is awesome though (creeepy but awesome). Hmm. Reading the manga took out all the intensity for me in this episode though.
Apr 23, 2008 5:02 AM

Nov 2007
loved the episode
Apr 23, 2008 5:51 AM

Nov 2007
AnimusNathan said:

Flying?
Magic Powers?

This is exactly Naruto. I'll keep watching just so I can fairly give it <=4 when it finishes.

she didn't really beat him, he just gave up bc he had no interest in continuing.
noone flew. if they could they wouldn't worry about falling down. that guy just jumped really far, it was to show how advanced he was. to give the persona that he was a monster.
giant shurikens, they are ninjas you know.
who used magic powers, the guy used an advanced technique using chi.

by what you are saying it seems a lil fantasy bothers you.
Apr 23, 2008 7:12 AM

Mar 2008
crazy_eights said:
AnimusNathan said:

Flying?
Magic Powers?

she didn't really beat him, he just gave up bc he had no interest in continuing.
noone flew. if they could they wouldn't worry about falling down. that guy just jumped really far, it was to show how advanced he was. to give the persona that he was a monster.
giant shurikens, they are ninjas you know.
who used magic powers, the guy used an advanced technique using chi.

by what you are saying it seems a lil fantasy bothers you.

Yeah the whole Chi thing was a bit, hmm. But it's a Kinjutsu, and it's called "Kira" the actual Kanji for Kira makes little to no sense, though Kira in itself does mean "Killer". 気羅 That's the Kanji. The first one is "Ki" what we know as "Chi" or "Qi". The second is "Ra" which on it own would mean "Light-weight Fabric" or "thin silk" but would be pronounced "usumono"

That Kanji combination really has no meaning other than it's sound. The Manga didn't really explain it either besides using it as a name.
Apr 23, 2008 7:41 AM
Feb 2008
Wow, what an Episode.
I hope its not getting brutal like a Splatter :)
But very nice Action.
Apr 23, 2008 8:04 AM

Feb 2008
Really enjoyed this episode, things seem to be getting really interesting now.
Also, loved the fighting scenes :)
Apr 23, 2008 12:51 PM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
that reminds me so much of Naruto's sexy jutsu.
AnimusNathan said:

Remember Kids! Naruto invented Ramen, Kyuubi and Ninjas!

-.-

Apr 23, 2008 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
finaly? haha well that was interesting. haha naruto invented ramen...funny.
Apr 23, 2008 2:55 PM

Jun 2007
lol Mr. Badass finger xD
He's so pretty... >_> like all the other male characters in this anime.
Well so far so good. I'm liking it.

Apr 23, 2008 2:56 PM

Aug 2007
This episode wasn't half bad.

But what Koite did to that ninja was messed up.
Apr 23, 2008 4:20 PM

Oct 2007
Different from the manga but still a good episode. (I did want to see Miharu NOT just standing around...)
I don't think I'll read any more of the manga for a while.

Yoite/Mr. Badass finger is quite pretty. lol. With or without his sweet hat on.
IcephoenixApr 23, 2008 4:37 PM
Apr 23, 2008 4:27 PM

Sep 2007
Kayrhandros said:
"Mr. Badass Finger" finally made his appearance =P... (though I almost didn't recognize Mitsuki Saiga in his voice o_o).

What. I didn't recognize Mitsuki Saiga. *rewinds* Ohhh. Now I recognize her =P

Felt a bit slow in the beginning but it picked up in the middle with this Yoite person. I also don't like how Miharu's just standing there. I was hoping he'd do something and save everyone but he didn't :< *picks up the manga*
Apr 23, 2008 6:38 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty good episode, I'm really liking this series. However, I was kinda disappointed with the fight scenes in this ep.

Apr 23, 2008 7:19 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Crystal said:
I was disappointed how Rokujou is so weak in the anime and can't fight at all. T.T I decided to read a bit of the manga and like it so much more there... Yoite is awesome though (creeepy but awesome). Hmm. Reading the manga took out all the intensity for me in this episode though.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Perfect to a T. I was kind of like, "hmmm... okay... when am I going to start feel like there's action going on here...?" Interrupting all the fight scenes with long conversations wasn't so good. But it also might have been because I was waiting for them to get back on track with the manga a lot of the time.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to go and read it xD
Apr 23, 2008 8:36 PM
Jun 2007
Trineas said:
DeathfireD said:
that reminds me so much of Naruto's sexy jutsu.
AnimusNathan said:

Remember Kids! Naruto invented Ramen, Kyuubi and Ninjas!

-.-

I don't like Naruto.

Kyu/ku is just nine. Kitsune is the fox spirit, so it should be Kyubi Kitsune. Though I'm not great with Japanese I know this.

And I didn't attribute Ninjas=Naruto. I attribute kids in bright color clothing, jumping around with giant shurikens and katanas to Naruto.

Apr 23, 2008 9:14 PM

Oct 2007
Jeezus, Miharu is so unbearably adorable. I just wanna squeeze him! >///<

Yoite seems pretty awesome imo XD
I don't think I've seen someone murdered so brutally since Elfen Lied! But of course, minus the blood :P (Maybe I just need to watch more horror/action...)

I'm really tempted to pick up the manga, but I'm gonna try waiting for it to be published, seeing as it just got licensed (and will be in the company who licensed it's new US manga anthology)...
otakubaybayApr 23, 2008 9:18 PM
Apr 23, 2008 11:55 PM

Dec 2007
As much as people compare this to Naruto... they are nothing alike

Naruto = flashy fights, explosions, loud and emo characters, and fillers
Nabari no Ou concentrates a lot more on the ninja aspect.... the fact that they're silent killers. I don't remember seeing an attack that would gather attention from placed 25 miles away.
Nabari is a lot more "realistic", as such, it's a lot more relatable and gripping. It's a mature action story.

Besides that... best episode so far... Mr. Badass Finger (as everyone is calling him) seems to play the role of the tragic villain... since apparently whenever he uses that attack, he cuts his own life (Bokurano anyone?)

Like Tower of Druaga... I can't wait for the main character to start kicking butt... and as this is a 13 episode anime... looks like it won't be a long wait.
Apr 24, 2008 12:02 AM

Apr 2008
I wouldn't exactly call Nabari "mature" so far (keep in mind that I haven't read the manga so I can only speak from what I've seen in the first three episodes) but it's entertaining and has some nice ideas thrown into the mix.

I'm also one of the people who are glad that Miharu didn't save the day (again); thankfully enough, the plot's not that predictable.

(Edited for spelling)
LymsleiaApr 24, 2008 2:19 AM
Apr 24, 2008 1:59 AM
Jun 2007
Tekky99 said:

I don't remember seeing an attack that would gather attention from placed 25 miles away.

It's a mature action story.

Wow. Giant cats and shurikens wouldn't gather attention? Kids using "power of teamwork" to beat adults, that's mature?

You are in denial. This is definitely like Naruto.

Apr 24, 2008 7:00 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Tekky99 said:

I don't remember seeing an attack that would gather attention from placed 25 miles away.

It's a mature action story.

Wow. Giant cats and shurikens wouldn't gather attention? Kids using "power of teamwork" to beat adults, that's mature?

You are in denial. This is definitely like Naruto.

Nabari no Ou has similarities with Naruto because they are both ninja-related anime. What else do you want when you have ninjas using jutsu? Of course it's going to be flashy....

But one major difference is Naruto has a few hundred low-quality episodes full of fillers and purposeless unending battles. Nabari has 13 (or 26 max) episodes. It can't have too much fillers and the battle are much more modest than Naruto believe me. Did you see fireballs? Other than Miharu's power (which is flashy), the others seem to use more modest techniques. Even Kira is not that flashy. And the cat transformation was actually not that bad. (Name one ninja that can transform in Naruto....)

Nabari is far from being excellent but it at least is BETTER than Naruto. Consider it as a series for a slightly older audience.....unlike Naruto....

I am not saying this series is mature, few anime are... but it is BETTER than Naruto no matter how you look at it. You can't deny this.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 24, 2008 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
ouch.. that technique looks so painful it made me cringe >_> but yay for Saiga Mitsuki! Yoite is so cold... (and doesn't he look like Naruto's Sasuke?? xD)
anyway looking forward to see where it's going...
Apr 24, 2008 1:56 PM

Jan 2007
wasn't really too fond with the episode. the battles were really uninspiring.
Apr 24, 2008 2:39 PM

Sep 2007
i don't exactly know why (maybe because I haven't read the manga) but i like this show.

nice episode, definetely looking forward to more.
Apr 24, 2008 2:50 PM
Apr 24, 2008 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was pretty good. I'm really starting to love this anime and I can't wait to see more of.

Hmm, well that sucks that it only has 13 episodes...
Apr 24, 2008 3:59 PM

Sep 2007
Panaru said:
Only 13 episodes? Urgh >_< Damn it all.

It's not known how long this is. Could be 13, could be 26.
Apr 24, 2008 4:21 PM

Mar 2008
Iriya said:
Panaru said:
Only 13 episodes? Urgh >_< Damn it all.

It's not known how long this is. Could be 13, could be 26.

I really doubt it, according the the schedule it's only 13 episodes. :S
Apr 25, 2008 4:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I liked it.

And it's 26 episodes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 25, 2008 5:35 AM

Jan 2008
A very good episode with fights and a wonderful ending with the entrance of Kotarou.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Apr 25, 2008 12:02 PM

Apr 2007
I was hooked he whole episode through! That man with his finger was really bad ass

Apr 25, 2008 2:06 PM

Apr 2008
This is really getting interesting. I liked the art and the bishonen, but I was quite worried about the plot. Now I' m getting hooked. I hope it will go on like this.

I will also wait a bit to read the manga since I don't want to be spoiled...

Apr 25, 2008 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode. I also think it has a little bit more serious and mature touch compared to Naruto.

I watch the 2nd season of Naruto, but it's painfully slow. It's like Dragon Ball Z where they streched 30 episodes into 100. I bear with it, because there are great special effects from time to time.

Nabari no Ou is rather refreshing. Nothing fantastic, but good enough to look forward to the next episode. The animation is really top-notch. One of the best this season.

The entrance of the village chief was awesome! A worthy climax.

ForeverApr 25, 2008 2:33 PM
Apr 25, 2008 4:24 PM
Apr 2008
the Nabari no Ou is beter as naruto

but when episode 4 appear
Apr 26, 2008 4:17 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
I liked it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2008 9:10 AM

Apr 2007
I definitely adore this. Good action, good characters, good plot. I can barely wait till the next episode.

The guy with the forbidden art, I keep having the feeling that he's related to Miharu somehow.
Apr 26, 2008 4:14 PM

Dec 2007
I was expecting Miharu use shinrabanshou and save everyone but nothing. Oh well, I liked it enough, at least. Yoite was creepy but awesome. I will probably reading the manga.
Apr 26, 2008 4:23 PM

Aug 2007
Imho Naruto for Yaoi Fangirls... I will wait to see Miharu get stronger b4 i drop it tho. and less stupid.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.