Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
The way eyeballs pop out in this show is so cartoony LOL

Tokiyuki made an incredible shot with his skills and an impressive run in that challenge. Genba is also kinda interesting as a character with that mask and mysterious personality. But yeah, Tokiyuki just continues to demonstrate his potential and I can see nothing but growth for his character.
Aug 3, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Keep pushing Tokiyuki.

I didn't expect to be learning history and chemistry at the same time while watching this. But what I took away from it is that Tokiyuki just took out the guy with a no-scope lol. No scope aside, we get this thief dude who negotiated with Tokiyuki pretty well. I mean if he only cares about the money, that means paying for his services just got a lot harder.

He really chose getting money over land though. He's a thief through and through for sure. Gott say though, Sadamune’s got some pretty interesting people on his team. I mean there's him himself with big ass eyes, and then that guy at the end with big ass ears... lol.

Let the attack begin!

Aug 3, 9:12 AM

Feb 2019
Weekly dose of my twink bf Tokiyuki 😋

Another fun episode! The Parthian shot to take Sadamune down in the dog chase competition was dope, but of course that’s not the last we see of him. Still love the reverse psychology to put Tokiyuki right in front of him. It’s so obvious that it messes up his internal radar and throws him off lol.

Coming back with an imperial order to seize part of the Suwa family’s land is rough, but that order is only as good as the paper it’s written on. No proof, no land seizure. Recruiting Genba to break in and steal the letter is cool, but man him getting finessed out of accepting a province for payment was hilarious. He thought he was getting over on Tokiyuki with the money when that’s just play money for the Suwa family 😂 always ask what they’re willing to pay first. Took his master’s advice of only trust money too far, could’ve had that as consistent income as owner of a province lmao.

Got a bad feeling about them sneaking into Sadamune’s spot. You got a dude with super hearing and super sight + a battalion of dudes vs 2 kids. Guess we’ll see if Genba worth all the hype and money

Still can’t get over him breaking in, putting roaches in and peeing in that lady’s rice cause she didn’t pay him lmaoo
Marinate1016Aug 3, 9:35 AM
Aug 3, 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
Thought this was better than the previous episode. The animation in the competition at the start and the CG involved were still nowhere near the standards set by the series earlier and looked ugly at times but at least Tokiyuki got to showcase his skills and get the job done with winning over Sadamune in his way. Kind of shifts to a different gear after Genba is introduced, think he's definitely the standout character in the cast so far, especially in comparison to the other Elusive warriors and retainers for Tokiyuki. Once the series moved away from horses after the start (do understand the difficulty there), rest of the episode looked good. Doesn't stand out or go berserk visually but competent and consistent showcasing a solid level to maintain for the long run if possible. Was a bit boring at the start and parts in the middle but it did improve towards the end. For all the complaints I have had about the comedy (and rightfully so), I did like the scene with Genba being stunned during the negotiations with Tokiyuki there and being generous with only accepting money and not a damn province. Definitely felt like what I would actually expect from the guy that wrote Assassination Classroom with that kind of scene and making it work.
Aug 3, 9:31 AM

Jul 2017
Sadamune thinks that he has inched up against Tokiyuki with a 4-point lead, though Yorishige's advice did just enough for him to regain his spatial awareness., earning him a reverse shot to knock back on Sadamune for a 2-point earn, and then another Parthian shot for a 3-point earn, thereby giving him the victory. Too bad for Sadamune, it's just not his lucky day dealing with a Hojo clan.

Too bad for Tokiyuki, he must still continue his antics as Chojumaru, and Sadamune is back with another Imperial Command, this time to desert the Suwa clan out of its home territory. And Yorishige doesn't desert the kids, because he has a new recruit: the thief known as Genba Kazama, to discreetly steal that same Emperor's Imperial Command. It's also as a way to test his abilities.

Oh welp, the villagers hearing Genba's name all flee in fear, even the rooster for hilarious reasons, though he wants money for negotiation as well, no matter how royal Tokiyuki may be. But the audacity of Tokiyuki bolstering him with a province of land, it's definitely more than what he was trying to swindle them out of with Kojiro and Ayako's bidding, and Genba agrees on the condition that Tokiyuki goes with him, regardless of his antics in the past being used. Still, Genba's intention is still not clear as he can morph into people, and Shinano's vice governor Ichikawa Sukefusa has to catch them in the act.

Danger in the enemy territory, being Elusive Warriors...?
Aug 3, 9:41 AM

Mar 2021
Another fun episode, Genba is absolutely crazy can't believe he went so far as to put piss and roaches in someone's rice just because they didn't pay him.
Aug 3, 10:11 AM

Jan 2016
This will be a 12 episode season though feels like it should be 25 or whatever.
I remember last episode people complaining about the horses, so paid attention and seemed pretty good this episode.

The reverse shot seemed like common sense to me, however the proper name / history they added to it was nice. Sore loser needs to gather the dragon balls to wish for his eyes to be fixed. Daaaaamn those people are fast. MC making the charge seem like a low price LOL. That morphing has a pretty major flaw with the cat ears, but otherwise really damn good.

5/5, expecting next episode to be better since those 2 are in a lion's den.

Aug 3, 10:55 AM

Jul 2021
Genba seems like a fun edition. That eyes guy is still annoying, though, but it was a nice episode.
I've had a lot of problems with the comedy of previous episodes, but that scene where all the villagers ran away was actually funny.
Aug 3, 11:04 AM
May 2024
Good episode. The CGI didn't get worse, it's "acceptable", and Tokiyuki's strategy, the way the game unfolded was fun to follow.

Genba is an interesting and useful character, he follows his father's teachings, where what matters most in those feudal times is precisely money. I liked it, we'll see how it goes but as a whole, the episode was fun.
Aug 3, 11:14 AM

Jan 2009
i like genba already he use deception as his main power
Aug 3, 11:20 AM

Jul 2024
Ah a new weirdo to add to this bunch of psychos.
Aug 3, 11:43 AM

Oct 2017
More cg usage but looked fine. Tokiyuki won and even humiliated him. His new retainer guy is kind of dumb lol. The enemies so far are full of freaks with weird super powers.
Aug 3, 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
That was some crazy body control Tokiyuki needed to get himself in a position to land that neck shot on Sadamune. Glad he handed that creep the L.

The part where they asked about Genba and all of the villagers ran and hid was funny, even the chicken got scared 😭 Genba is pretty cool with his tricks and deception but of course, what comes along with that is him coming off as an untrustworthy person. I'm glad that he's not just immediately buddy-buddy with Tokiyuki just because he was offered a province lol. Looks like some shit is about to go down next episode. Of course this stealth mission wasn't going to be a piece of cake.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 3, 12:00 PM

May 2019
I thought this was a great episode with the introduction of a new character in Genba. Genba thought he could throw off Tokiyuki by asking for large sums of money for his skills but instead he got thrown off by Tokiyuki saying how unselfish he was by not asking for land lol.

It's suspenseful with both of them sneaking into Sadamune's village and Tokiyuki realizing he may be putting too much trust in Genba...
Aug 3, 12:14 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to Stark700
The way eyeballs pop out in this show is so cartoony LOL

Tokiyuki made an incredible shot with his skills and an impressive run in that challenge. Genba is also kinda interesting as a character with that mask and mysterious personality. But yeah, Tokiyuki just continues to demonstrate his potential and I can see nothing but growth for his character.
@Stark700 This guy is freaking me out though. It's like he is on Meth & has a thyroid condition too. Too freaky. Not to mention he is just annoying as a villain.
Aug 3, 12:19 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Genba is a crafty little bastard, no wonder people fear him when hear his name. Can Tokiyuki trust Genba as his new retainer to steal the Imperial Command without turning against him. Seems like Sadamune has someone that has good ears to know that there are intruders at the fortress.
Aug 3, 12:35 PM
Feb 2021
Is it still bad cgi fight?
Aug 3, 2:30 PM
Oct 2016
Tokiyuki prevails in the dog shooting competition! Overcoming the point deficit from Sadamune. Knocking the old man off his horse and hitting him twice with arrows to defeat him. Naturally this doesn't stop the corrupt official from still coming by so he's already not agreeing to the terms of the competition. That's backstabbing people for you, when they lose they don't do it gracefully. Sadamune immediately coming by looking for Hojo rebels not realizing still take Tokiyuki is one himself. This imperial order he's gotten from the emperor is the real issue, allowing Sadamune to act with impunity. Yorishige saying they should recruit A very skilled their names Genba. Whom after hearing his father's dying words that only money is a good payment for acts rendered has a twisted sense of what he should be doing. Tokiyuki fully embracing Genba was funny. I loved the scene of Tokiyuki being surprised that Genba didn't want a full province as payment and just some money. Genba and Tokiyuki make a great duo since one is jaded but still looking for loyalty and the other is hurt by the world but still looking for good people. Genba skills are very good and help Tokiyuki already. Bending his own face to trick his a valuable skill to have, same with picking tough locks. They've just been discovered so we'll see how they get out of this with the imperial order!
Aug 3, 3:04 PM
Oct 2022
Tokiyuki finally defeated Sadamune in that dog-shooting competition, even though he had the lowest chances of winning. He used the Piartha Kingdom’s technique.

Kazama Genba is set to steal the Emperor’s Imperial Command in order to not give Suwa’s territories to Sadamune. Just imagine how many people would lose their homes is Sadamune Ogasawara got all of that regions? Tokiyuki would not let this happen.

I absolutely love the ED theme, it’s giving me old Japanese kingdom vibes, it’s just too awesome! The animation, plot, Japanese history, characters are well-made. Can’t wait to find out more about how the situation will go on, I hope Kazama and Tokiyuki would not be discovered, otherwise they will be beheaded.

Aug 3, 4:58 PM

Jun 2023
“Reverse shot”

Okay bro
Aug 3, 11:51 PM
Feb 2021
Better than last episode, pretty decent, looking forward to see how they’ll escape Sadamune’s mansion.
Visually it was also a bit better than last episode, but I think we can’t expect the quality of the first 3 episodes in these remaining 7
Aug 3, 11:51 PM
Feb 2021
lingojk said:
“Reverse shot”

Okay bro

Yorishige is freaky one indeed
Aug 4, 1:09 AM

Feb 2017
I hope the overuse of CGI was only in these last two episodes. The negotiation scene between Tokiyuki and Genba was funny and added to the story. The episode was entertaining despite a few boring moments.

ㅤㅤ I love Nao Tomori ♡
ㅤㅤ友利奈緒のことが大好きです ♥

let's feel good
レッツ フィールグッドします
Aug 4, 3:40 AM

Jul 2023
I didn't expect a new character in Genba, but with someone with similar angts to Killua, he is a good addition.
Aug 4, 4:25 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Cestlavie_
Genba seems like a fun edition. That eyes guy is still annoying, though, but it was a nice episode.
I've had a lot of problems with the comedy of previous episodes, but that scene where all the villagers ran away was actually funny.
@Cestlavie_

Continuing to add oddballs to his group.

The classic hero needing talented losers to help regain his crown trope but a funny one.
Aug 4, 6:36 AM
Mar 2018
Another great episode! Loved the resolution to the archery duel; that was some nice action.

The whole Genba introduction was awesome, too! I'm pretty sure he's become my instant favorite; his design, his abilities, and his personality are very cool. I also love how many laughs we got thanks to him.
Aug 4, 6:52 AM
Aug 2021
why has the animation quality dropped compared to the first 2 episodes?
Aug 4, 6:54 AM
Dec 2023
another decent episode.

it's an easy anime to get into if you are bored.
Aug 4, 7:13 AM

Aug 2011
I was so satisfied with the horse-thing ending. Sadamune honestly made me laugh so hard when he showed up the next day with a "Yo~" and blush. LOL
Tokiyuki's love for danger is such a charm. Genba doing what he did to really show how serious things were, were really interesting. (I've read the manga, so I knew... But still lol.)
Looking SOOOO MUCH forward to the next episode. AAARGH~ Such an upgrade from last episode.

The rope-pulling and Tokiyuki's heavy exciting breathing is still my favorite moment in the whole series up until now. Absolutely adorable!
Life is too short for looking at the past. Enjoy your 'now' and just prepare a bit for the future~
Aug 4, 12:55 PM

Apr 2009
The horse archery contest was a little ugly looking but otherwise I thought the strategy was solid and the defeat of Bug Eyes was extremely satisfying after everything he's pulled so far.

But the episode really took off when Genba showed up. For a show that left me cold to most of the comedy I was not prepared for how much I was going to laugh. Tokiyuki and his retainers messing with him over his reward was hilarious. I also loved the exchange with the guards when he was impersonating Bug Eyes. "It snuck up on me like a night ambush." So good. Comedy aside I love the design of the mask, so detailed and with a vivid red. It's a bit threatening at times despite the ears and for being kind of a goofball he was a little sinister imitating Tokiyuki. A nice edge mixed in with all the laughs.

Genba's easily my favorite retainer already and I'm excited about what's been set up for the next episode.

As an aside, I would love an anime about a professional thief in feudal Japan.
Aug 4, 6:10 PM
Oct 2019
Wow Tokiyuki fcking did it!

Here comes Genba the thief voice by the one and only Aoi Yuuki.
Aug 5, 1:22 AM

Sep 2009
you're looking for historical accuracy in this series? where the main villain of the series is actually considered a hero in real life and all the main characters are considered villains? Come on.
Aug 5, 3:57 AM

Aug 2011
Reply to komic
you're looking for historical accuracy in this series? where the main villain of the series is actually considered a hero in real life and all the main characters are considered villains? Come on.
Have you watched series where you see the stuff from the 'villain's perspective? It's pretty often that stories always have 2 sides.
Takauji stopped a revolt that could have ended badly. So of course he is seen as the villain. He is only the villain to the main cast, because of what he did to Tokiyuki's family and home. Even if the man did something right, he still took the lives of some innocent people. Tokiyuki was innocent in all of this. He was just a child. Think about it. This is not about Hero and Villain. it's about survival and revenge. Not as simple as something like MHA and that stuff.
Life is too short for looking at the past. Enjoy your 'now' and just prepare a bit for the future~
Aug 5, 1:24 PM
Jul 2024
I laughed a lot this episode. My favorite part was when the new character was being bugeye-dude, and the subordinate asked why he was wearing fox ears. I'm cracking up again just remembering the scene.
Aug 5, 3:24 PM

Jan 2020
Genba seems like an interesting kid to add to the mix. Better episode than last one
Aug 6, 6:44 AM
Apr 2014
this show is unhinged, and I love the weirdness, but this episode 6 better make up for that garbage horse cgi big time
Aug 8, 3:38 AM

Aug 2019
Genba is something else
Aug 11, 7:18 PM

Apr 2008
"Why do you have those ears? I want people to think i'm cute!" This show is so extra 😂
Aug 14, 2:11 PM
Feb 2019
Where did all the "spectacularity" and beauty of the first 3 episodes go? I feel like I have no reason to keep watching this anime, the visuals were my main reason. I hope it improves and regains its initial charm.
Aug 16, 2:04 PM
Apr 2021
Finally we get to meet Genba that dude who’s in the first few seconds of the opening, I love how all the villagers BOLTED like the flash when they mentioned his name that shit had me thinking why did the show repeat Shizuku saying his name 3 times and their reactions showed me why, they do NOT like Genba😭🤣

I hope they make it out in the next episode it seems to me like this world has supernatural abilities/powers and I hope that’s the case bc these ppls powers are so cool🤩 that and bc I know DAMN well Yorishige has powers and can see into the future and I mean like OUR current modern time😭😭😭😭
Aug 23, 6:59 AM
Jan 2022
genba got potential to be a badass side character in my opinion I don't know what will be become in the future for the best....
Aug 31, 9:38 AM
Sep 2021
Genba & Tokiyuki are trying to steal the imperial command, will they be successful & also will Tokiyuki win Genba's trust. Quite interested to see what's next.
Aug 31, 11:00 PM

Jun 2024
Great archery win there for Tokiyuki.
No surprises Sadamune is a sore loser.
Genba seems like a useful person to be around with.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 3, 7:11 AM

Nov 2018
An 8yo kid with no experience beat a master archer. It's like a elementary pupil beating Kevin Durant in a 1v1 basketball game
Sep 6, 7:16 AM

Jun 2019
The infiltration has been a success but it looks like they've found about us as well in the end.
Sep 14, 7:43 AM

May 2020
Well I mean I'm glad that clown lost, but him coming back immediately and still being relevant wasn't something I was hoping to see. Though thief kid is more than a thief. Makes sense about his reputation if you know he has that kind of power.

Still that GPS power in the end just shows the variety of characters this series has xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

50 by aReviewer »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Spirelord - Aug 17

54 by JustMysterios »»
Yesterday, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10

78 by biuberry »»
Yesterday, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27

91 by biuberry »»
Yesterday, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13

118 by Seabury »»
Sep 14, 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.