Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 4, 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, this anime has a lot of the same fantasy tropes from isekai packaged into one such as being summoned to another world, getting skills, the hero gimimck, etc.

Oh and it involves a classroom of students and "Godess" so nothing new there either. Not really expecting out of this but hey, they stayed honest with their premise.
Jul 4, 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
Novelist Kaoru Shinozaki's series sure is a lazily thought-out Isekai/fantasy work, combining just about EACH AND EVERY notable shows that we've seen for the last few years, combining the likes of Sokushi Cheat with the bus and class school trip vibes, Arifureta with the premise and Tsukimichi for its goddess theme.

Combine all the Isekai and fantasy tropes you can think of, and that sums up MC Touka Mimori being the Average Joe in a class that's summoned by the Goddess Vicius of the Kingdom of Alion to help do their demon defeating job. As expected, everyone gets their powers assessed, but Touka is clearly the easily ignored one out of the many, which is what Vicius chooses to deal with first to get rid of the dead weight.

Having Touka be Vicius's first victim since he's the weakest to be sent to the Ruins of Disposal by only having status ailment spells, she deems him to be useless. And the entire class along the same trend being filled with their ego from their ranks, also wants the E-rank trash hero out of their sights, which Touka vows to get his revenge on her, and go ahead to the Ruins of Disposal to face CGI monsters that are ranks above him. And it turns out that Touka's skills...are not exactly trash, and with the low level of MP, he will survive in any way he can.

Basically, Failure Frame is Arifureta 2.0...I can concede that the latter series IS actually good, but this show is already the same edgelord of a trainwreck. I'm not expecting this show to be good, but let's see.
KANLen09Yesterday, 5:49 AM
Jul 4, 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
Episode and the show itself feels creatively bankrupt. Reminds me way too heavily with Arifureta with the whole 'being betrayed by the classroom and ending up in the middle of nowhere', and Tsukimichi with the 'betrayed by the goddess and wanting to get revenge on her at some point' gimmicks. This is not an episode that screams massive potential for the rest of the show to put it extremely politely.
Jul 4, 10:39 AM
Mar 2021
Hmmm?

It has many isekai tropes that are overused but for me enjoyment is the most important and I enjoyed it very much hopefully my enjoyment won't vice versa
Jul 4, 10:47 AM

Apr 2020
What I like about this isekai among the 'other generic ones' is that there is a good reason for the MC to behave a bit edgy and stuff in another world. The Goddess is genuinely despicable and even for viewers like me, who aren't into edginess or "I want my MC to be evil!", can enjoy the premise of the show/story.

Maybe down the line some people will instead say "he's too soft." Or maybe he's rather 'relatively reasonable' .

I also like the world building of the story before the anime adaptation. The anime itself has nice visuals style. I'd say it does a decent job at establishing the context before the isekai. And, especially the relationships the MC has with his classmates, and the classmates with each other. They aren't just one or two groups of people, but a bit more variety. Now, how far will it go?
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jul 4, 10:55 AM
Sep 2015
Trying to figure out what influence abnormal skill's successive rate. Is it only work against demon? Is it only work in a certain place (abandoned ruin)? Is it only work in a certain time? Or is his attack against goddess a "0.000001%" failure outcome? Which would mean that goddess is very lucky this time.
Jul 4, 10:57 AM
Jul 2023
Not sure about this one and the animation add to the doubt…

Let’s see where it goes.
Jul 4, 11:26 AM
Oct 2022
What makes this one so good is the epic love story that run alongside the main plot. I’m really curious to see how those of you who have rated this one so low but haven’t read the LN’s or the manga will be rating it by the end of the season. Volume 8 of the manga drops next month and this mc is by far one of my favs in the past few years. He’s not a baby, he’s not afraid of intimacy with his SO and he can be a merciless killer when the situation calls for it. For those of you always complaining about harems this one should be right up your alley as there’s only one love interest and how they come together, protect, and love each other is really great. I hope this one is more than 12-13 episodes but I’m sure it won’t be. Either way, I’ve glad this is finally here.
Jul 4, 11:35 AM
Jun 2022
This gotta be the most mid garbage thing i have seen
Jul 4, 11:42 AM
Feb 2024
There have been an abundance of Isekai lately, but this one looks like it might stray from the normal overused plotlines, so I’m looking forward to seeing how the story progresses

The quiet kid getting the darkest powers checks out 😂
I like that it immediately launched into the story instead of gradually introducing the darkness- that’s pretty neat! Looks like the lines between good guys and bad guys is blurred in this world, I can’t wait to see how Mimori handles this!

The status changing the whole dynamic of the class immediately was interesting. The quiet kid getting the darkest powers checks out 😂
I like that it immediately launched into the story instead of gradually introducing the darkness- that’s pretty neat! Looks like the lines between good guys and bad guys is pretty blurred in this world, I can’t wait to see how Mimori handles this!
Jul 4, 11:42 AM
Dec 2016
Feel like another Ifureta
Jul 4, 11:44 AM
May 2014
damn, this is kinda trash
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 11:55 AM
Dec 2008
Just a copy cat anime of others
Jul 4, 12:03 PM

Dec 2018
The episode had its moments but I didn't like how rushed it seemed nor the way it dropped off at the end.
Jul 4, 12:20 PM

Oct 2017
Gotta have one of those isekai/fantasy revenge story every season not that I mind and it's actually kind of fun to see the mc get revenge. The MC just needs to be merciless and have his revenge. The character designs are nice for this one and the elf girl is beautiful. Monsters though.
Jul 4, 12:24 PM

Oct 2016
??? That's literally my reaction after watching the first episode, and not in a good way.
Jul 4, 12:26 PM
Sep 2021
I didnt know they made a adaptation of this one
i actually read some of the light novel and i quite enjoyed it
For its genre some people will se it as just another one, could see people finding it mid but for its genre its something i like to watch, i am defenitly gonna keep watching this.
i also just like isekai genres as long they are not total ass goofie only

Since it was already teased in episode one:
Jul 4, 12:37 PM
Apr 2023
bruhh wtf did I just saw nvm my popcorn was better than this piece of shit 💀🤡🤡🤡
Jul 4, 12:45 PM
Apr 2021
Look, we all know it's bad. Nothing new or original to offer, cheap animation and cgi. Lazy story we've seen time and time again with no original though. Mc will probarbly get OP real quick.

That being said, I know I'll watch for the primal need for revenge and payback. A dumb show for when my dumb brain just wants some slop.
Jul 4, 12:48 PM

Apr 2022
well, it's shit. There's potential for it to at least be satisfying if it picks up pace and he starts killing his classmates
Jul 4, 12:52 PM

Feb 2019
Yea well this ain’t gonna win over anyone who doesn’t like power fantasy stories or isekai that’s for sure. First episode as generic as they come for edgy revenge fantasy stories, but I’m in luck because that’s just what I like.

As someone who’s been wanting to read failure frame for two years now because of the first volume’s art on the cover, this was the exact type of edgy shit I wanted. Feels like Arifureta with better character art and CGI that’s just as ass 💀 Seven Arcs ruined Mato seihei with it and it looks like it’s happening here, but the story set up was cool for me and I love the standard art style, it’s got a really shiny texture that’s appealing to me.

First of all, everyone in this story besides Sogou and the MC can die. Even who I assume was his mother from the flashback scene. Like imagine sitting on the couch while someone beats your son and you do nothing but watch tv. Then he can’t even escape the shit at school because of assholes there and even in a fantasy world where losers get harems and OP abilities, he’s made into a de facto cour jester and mocked by everyone.

I knew the goddess was sus with how she was smiling and acting like this wasn’t the first time she’d summoned students/people from earth, but she surpassed my wildest expectations. Can’t wait to see my boy have his Hajime esque arc and come back to get revenge on everyone, including his classmates who when faced with the proposition of one of their own being sent to die in a dungeon, just wanted it down quickly so they could get back on with their lives. 🤢
Marinate1016Jul 4, 1:33 PM
Jul 4, 1:02 PM

Oct 2019
Man, that was some ugly ass demon designs they had. CGi was oof but i think it helped make it look terrifying. This show is packed with the same cliches we see now, classroom sent to another world, all given powers, arguably second lowest person in the class is outed even by the first lowest person now who now has a big head with this power, a sexy goddess who has a bitch personality. Like fr, even had to put on a display of some guy, maybe a criminal or maybe just a nobody, getting eaten by a demon just so she could use her power. And the guy is fed up with the world and will seek revenge. And you know what, it probably will be beat for beat like those other ones and i dont care cuz i still liked it.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 4, 1:03 PM
May 2021
It's hella genric lol, with goddess as villain. The art style of anime is pretty unique but there was horrible CGI in between lol
Jul 4, 1:03 PM

Nov 2012
Wow. Talk about nothing new. Traumatized kid who tries to stay unseen? check Traumatized kid that gets power and goes cray? check. School bus full of kids summoned to another world by a piece of shit goddess who immediately causes a Lord Of the Flies mentality? check, check, and double check. That being said, if it's done well, I will watch it beeeeeeeecause I'm an isekai ho. LOL

That goddess really lived up to her name, Vicious (minus the o). I hope he becomes strong enough to break her little defense bubble. Plus, I think she lied. I don't think there's a way back or the way back isn't what she's told them.
Jul 4, 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
I mean the Goddess' name is Vicious so the way she acted is no surprise to me
Jul 4, 1:10 PM

Nov 2021
disappointed to be honest....
horrible CGI I hope it gets better

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 4, 1:10 PM
Nov 2022
The fact manga readers hyped this up so much just baffles me 😮‍💨
Jul 4, 1:13 PM
Feb 2020
Just seems like Arifureta again, tbh, but with worse classmates and more childhood trauma
Jul 4, 1:19 PM
Jun 2023
Vamos ver se vai continuar do mesmo pique ou vai decai desenvolvimento quando estive as lutas 3D, infelizmente.
Jul 4, 1:22 PM

Nov 2016
"Truly something I haven't seen before" - some guy from 1934.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 1:22 PM
Dec 2022
Is it the greatest show ever...? Nope.... Was I entertained...? Yes.. Giving a show a harshly review for being less than the greatest has never been my style and i do enjoy the trash ... Time will tell if it stays that way...
Jul 4, 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
feel like I've seen the same show before. it also treats the isseki part as in inconvenience, we get an info dump and none of the characters seem to give a toss what's happened to them. Add in some OTT character tropes and it's not a great start
Jul 4, 1:38 PM
Oct 2022
Hitting a lot of the well used tropes and clichés right from the start. Hopefully it will find a way to differentiate itself.
Jul 4, 1:46 PM
Apr 2024
I know we've seen this type of anime before many times, but I'm curious to see how strong he will become and I want him to kill those who wronged him, especially the goddess.
Jul 4, 1:50 PM

Jan 2008
Despite having read its manga, didn't even know it was this series until the end where he used his skill. Character designs look a bit different than what I remember. I mean they don't look bad. Can't say the same about the plot though.

Opening full of CGI, defintely not a good sign. Monsters he fought at the end looked so silly.
Jul 4, 1:55 PM
Mar 2023
Despite the horrible CGi and 3D, I think the story and character designs will make up for the time spent!
Jul 4, 1:59 PM
Dec 2022
Arifureta 2.0. Arifureta is peak, that much is true. But Failure Frame combined differently Isekai tropes and this we have a generic ahh Isekai right here. The animation is decent, I don't hate it. But the CGI is ass. I like the manga so I'm gonna see this through to the end.
Jul 4, 2:28 PM
Sep 2014
Synopsis: "Abruptly catapulted into a fantasy world, Mimori Touka and his classmates have been summoned by the world’s resident goddess to serve as heroes. Luckily, most of the students display amazing skills upon arrival—except for Mimori, whose abilities bottom out at a measly E-rank. With no further use for him, the goddess banishes Mimori to a dungeon from which no one has ever returned alive. Yet, as it turns out, Mimori’s skills aren’t so much worthless as they are abnormal. Abnormally powerful, even. If Mimori can only claw his way back to the surface, nothing will stand in his way from getting revenge."

Theme: Isekai

"OoOOH AnoTHEr GeNEriC ISeKAi."

Average IQ shows itself in these threads.
Jul 4, 2:31 PM
Aug 2021
Clearly this doesn’t have the writing and story of FMAB or animation of Violet Evergarden. It’s another classroom isekai like Arifureta, which I enjoyed. So far this is another brain candy revenge isekai, and I’m going to see how it goes. So far this is better than some of the garbage from recent seasons.
Jul 4, 2:33 PM
Aug 2020
It was almost as lame as berserk CG.
Jul 4, 2:52 PM

Jun 2016
The junk food we desperately need every season because we are addicted.
Typical bitch goddess + shit classmates and outcast MC redemption, overpowering and revenge. I liked this shit, intriguing atmosphere and booba erufu, potentially appalling CGI but I've seen worse.
Franz_FurantsuJul 5, 2:48 AM
Jul 4, 3:01 PM
Mar 2020
Not the best, not the worst... Hopefully it will become better later on... or will fail trying... Fingers crossed for the better result.
Jul 4, 3:44 PM
Feb 2019
Not keen on the animation hopefully the fight scenes won't all be CGI and will actually be good visually also if we don't see that goddess on all fours begging for the MC to stop using paralysis on her by the end of the season imma give this a rating of 1.. so tired of animes giving me demon lords and kings as enemies but by the end of the season we've only gotten so far as the gates to the demon lords layer so hopefully this is actually have a good ending because looking at the first episode I'm not optimistic this is gonna receive a second season.
Jul 4, 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Unremarkable garbage plus awful cgi. A losing combo every time.
Jul 4, 4:00 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
outside the CG, Seven Arcs cooked harder with the art/animation than with Slave lol

also, theres some baddies for sure, can't wait to SIMP for the elf knight girl

not to mention that sexy ass villainess goddess
Jul 4, 4:06 PM
Mar 2014
They did a wonderful job at bring the manga to life.

Most of the time the Anime doesn't live up to the manga, but this time, Wow! i'm quite happy at the results, they were able to bring out the fear, the desperation, and animate all the transition parts that you'll simply not see or imagine being done in the manga.

So far so good, they kept everything very close to the manga.
Jul 4, 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
This thing was made by writing isekai tropes in a spinning wheel...
Jul 4, 4:50 PM

May 2021
Seriously? That's the sound they are going to use for monsters? "Rawr"...

As someone else said creatively bankrupt. Come on, at least change magic detecting thingy to be non-orb. How hard can it be. This is like someone was tasked to produce issekai anime and they decided to phone it in, while copying bad tropes of every existing anime out there.

Just average trash. Doubt it will get better.
Jul 4, 4:58 PM
Oct 2022
Kaze1214 said:
The fact manga readers hyped this up so much just baffles me 😮‍💨

Have you read it? Do you think it was just hyped up by all those people to trick you? Man o man you must really be important! 🙄
Jul 4, 5:54 PM
Feb 2021
Utter trash. I wouldn’t waste another second of anyone’s time with this miserable POS. This was the worst opening episode I have seen this year. I’m sure there must have been worse, but this one has got to be near the bottom.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» The 3D is kinda bad

saikyozero - Jul 5

12 by ShinichiMJ »»
4 hours ago

» Just bcs op?

Domulka - Jul 4

8 by Sekuray »»
Yesterday, 12:53 AM

» So basically Arifureta 2.0?

Zakku- - Jun 18

22 by DJKuroinu »»
Jul 5, 12:39 PM

» Damn didnt think this would get adapated so soon, Doesn't look that great.

RiasatSenpai - Jan 22

23 by Eaterofworlds191 »»
Jul 4, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Guessing Game (NO SPOILERS)

amf85 - Jul 2

7 by Rahul230508 »»
Jul 3, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.