Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Impressive, Ciel with his determination and talent takes his team to the cricket finals. I love how Ciel played mind games with his opponents. Episode even decided to throw in some animal motifts. This competition was both a physical and mental battle between both teams. Well played Ciel.

Meanwhile, Sebastian took care of his own business.
May 25, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
Oh, Lau always has such exciting methods.

With Sebastian gone, the members of the Blue House are forced to fight on their own. Meanwhile, Sebastian discovers that the headmaster has disappeared from the spot where he was reportedly seen. To his surprise, he finds him at a considerable distance away. Although reluctant, Ciel introduces another strategy that Sebastian had devised some nights before. Sebastian had revealed his plan, which involved Lau, and admitted that while it wasn't a very sophisticated method, it would captivate the boys who had been sheltered from the outside world.

The last I heard, throwing the ball like Bluer did is against the rules and would be ruled a no ball. In other words, Blue House should have lost. I mean, can you actually throw a ball straight up in that manner? (His arm was pointing down). Also, Lizzy being confused about whether to be happy or sad at Edward vs. Ciel xD Oh Ciel, your acting skills are truly top-notch lmao. To think he would let that happen to his face, he really wants to win. Well, that's Ciel for you.

Now that Blue House has finally won, it's time to uncover the secret of what exactly the principal is.

May 25, 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
14:49
Most people: *put on glasses to see better*
Mey-Rin: *takes off glasses to see better*

Love the soundtrack near the end with leitmotifs from the OP
This little cricket mini-arc seriously got me so invested, like a sports anime. I was really happy when Blue House won (even though it's partially thanks to Ciel's tricks. Like that hit and blood at the end, it was 100% fake).
May 25, 10:14 AM

Nov 2017
Superb finale! I don't remember having such an epic finale in the manga and scan.
May 25, 12:01 PM
Feb 2024
I never once thought I’d ever be this invested in a cricket match ๐Ÿ˜‚ it’s so dramatic that it’s actually interesting. “Defend and you die. Attack and you die. There’s nowhere to run. I call these… cliff-edge tactics.” Ciel is playing 4D chess in a cricket game (I’ve never seen a cricket game played like this before though) and that’s absolutely fascinating.
What a crazy game.
May 25, 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
Awww Ciel's smile T-T Great episode, what an entertaining cricket match. This show is so much more comedic than I'd remembered. Blue House used every tactic in their arsenal and won. Ciel at the end there, getting deliberately hit with the bat in order to take down Greenhill and end the game...quite an intense moment. Blue House deserved the win.

This really makes me want to see a spinoff of Vincent's time at the school, I'm so curious what kind of underhanded tactics he'd used to win lol.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 25, 4:44 PM

Mar 2007
Holy hell, that was a FABULOUS episode. I've never seen cricket in anime before this episode and now ... I can't believe this turned into a sports anime with all the usual tropes.
* the underdog vs. the top dogs
* the underdogs employing questionable tactics
* Sexy distraction like ... in The Replacements
* the strong ones fighting back
* the drama of the injured Ciel crawling towards the ball and throwing it slow motion towards the wicket ...

Then Victory!

That was so sweet, they must have been so happy. Loved this episode.
May 25, 5:02 PM

Feb 2019
i knew something was gonna happen during that lasts bowl, but i wasn't expecting ciel to upset the champs by literally putting his head to it lol
May 25, 5:46 PM

Apr 2016
The plot thickens with the Headmaster, and Ciel wins the game with one last trick, it was pretty cool to see the ways they were able to beat Green House basically without using strength at all
May 25, 6:48 PM

Aug 2019

Ciel and the Blue house did an incredible job! I’m so proud of all of them. Despite being the less athletic house, they were able to win! The hit must've hurt, Ciel took it like a champ. Just like his father before him, Ciel was able to win with the Blue House.
May 25, 7:52 PM
Jun 2017
wow!! what a great match that is... love this one
May 25, 10:26 PM

Jan 2021
Crazy... Ciel's strategies and tactics are beyond reason, beyond the expectations of all of them xD the cricket match made him battered lol, didn't expect Ciel to hurt himself at all. That's really Ciel's style. Please don't ever change Ciel~

And omg. The principal suddenly disappeared? What....

But the highlight of this episode was how the students of the Green House blushed seeing Lau and his harem xD that was really funny

May 26, 1:35 AM
Jan 2011
Great episode! All these « techniques » being named like Excalibur or Hunter in the dark is so camp and funny lmao congrats to the blue house for winning while cheating! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I was a little bit skeptical at first with the change of tone on this arc but I really love it now. Can’t wait to watch next episode! It’s already over in 4 weeks… ๐Ÿฅฒ
May 26, 4:22 AM

Jan 2017
You and all your dirty tricks, Ciel ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ–ค
(Sebastian looked so proud)
May 26, 7:30 AM
Jul 2013
The blue miracle repeats.

How great Ciel plays dirty games Phantomhive.
May 26, 10:26 AM

Feb 2008
Kuroshitsuji is now the best sports anime of the season.
May 26, 12:45 PM

Nov 2012
It took Sebastian too long to realize he was dealing with another supernatural. I was certain he was a vamp until this episode.

Even without Sebastian there the entire time, the owl successfully hunted the lion. Well done. Honestly, I don't know why they didn't use their genius at calculating trajectory, speed, etc. before.
May 26, 1:35 PM

Oct 2020
Ciel's acting out when he got hit with the bat, is so funny.
May 26, 2:46 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi bowled Green over Blue Win Blue Wins
May 26, 5:14 PM

Oct 2022
The fact that Ciel on purpose got hit in the head and spilled blood just to win the cricket match is crazy.

May 26, 6:30 PM

Nov 2022
This whole cricket tournament is so overly dramatic I love it.
May 27, 1:36 PM

Oct 2017
Let's just say that was quite the match and leave it at that. Got invested in it for some reason. Black butler actually giving female fanservice though, wow. Gratz to them for winning. What's up with the principal? Demon?
May 27, 4:39 PM

Oct 2022
Damn this was such an amazing episode it seems like the headmaster tho isn't really human?? he's suspicious tbh.
May 27, 5:34 PM

Dec 2022
The fact that this turned in to a full-on sports anime, right down to having special attacks with names, is hilarious to me.
May 27, 11:35 PM
Apr 2023
That cricket arc was so extra ๐Ÿ˜‚ and loved every Prince of Tennis style move name like "Sword in the Stone", "Sword of Excalibur" or the throw like an owl ๐Ÿ˜‚
May 28, 1:56 AM

Oct 2022
Now that was outstanding, they won maybe only by one point but it's still a win. I am still laughing on this one. Next time!

May 28, 3:14 AM

Dec 2022
I guess win is a win even thou Ciel cheated all this time...
May 29, 7:52 PM

Oct 2022
Ciel took one for the team at the end, he really enjoyed the game, even if it was just a passing event in his investigation! Little or big moments he can still enjoy!
UndefeatedBahamut
May 29, 8:12 PM

Dec 2022
Ciel was ready to put his life on the line for a freaking cricket match lmao... His acting skills could won an award ๐Ÿคฃ

May 30, 6:32 PM

Oct 2022
Sebastian be standing there like; My Bocchan just got hurt, but meh, Imma just smile ๐Ÿ™ƒ
May 30, 10:10 PM

Dec 2022
What happened to Ciel near the end of the episode left me speechless, but I'm sure he had that all planned...
May 31, 9:34 AM

Oct 2022
Ciel being happy, really happy, is a rare sight to behold.
Jun 1, 8:08 AM

Dec 2022
The Headmaster will definitely pick Ciel for the Midnight Tea event, especially after getting hit the way he did just to give Blue House the win!

This was an amazing game, and Bluewer did well in giving the best ball ever. But I feel Ciel jumped in front of the bat on purpose getting hit the way he did!
Jun 1, 5:36 PM

Nov 2022
So much drama over a cricket game I love it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Ciel is a really hard-working boy I'm glad they actually acknowledged that. Another epic episode from an epic anime.
Jun 5, 2:51 AM

May 2016
That was rattiest way to win.
Jun 5, 5:07 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
The blue house won!!!
kekeke
Jun 12, 3:58 AM

Jan 2018
Ciel made cricket watchable, I'm so proud of him
sezbian lex
Jun 13, 5:12 AM
(โ„ โ„โ€ขโ„ฯ‰โ„โ€ขโ„ โ„)
Jan 2015
PLEASE Ciel and the overall cricket match being dramatic was so clown
It's nice seeing him smile genuinely though and his acting skills are out of this world fr
๐˜ช'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ
(´๏ฝก• แต• •๏ฝก`) โ™ก
Jun 27, 4:01 PM
Mar 2019
Cricket never used to be a Blood Sport, until now.
Jul 17, 10:24 AM

May 2020
Guys were getting the flak for bowling bouncers xD

Still, as weird as this cricket match has been, at the very least Ciel's team won. They can't complain about the no-ball(I mean nobody is either way but still) as the last wicket was a run-out anyways lol. Also yeah, headmaster isn't a normal person *surprise*
Jul 29, 1:48 PM

Sep 2017
Lol they played real dirty
ุฎ
Aug 6, 2:56 PM

May 2023
Reply to Embient
14:49
Most people: *put on glasses to see better*
Mey-Rin: *takes off glasses to see better*

Love the soundtrack near the end with leitmotifs from the OP
This little cricket mini-arc seriously got me so invested, like a sports anime. I was really happy when Blue House won (even though it's partially thanks to Ciel's tricks. Like that hit and blood at the end, it was 100% fake).
@Embient Mey-Rin goated in my opinion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

54 by Indonesia »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

39 by Indonesia »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

26 by Indonesia »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

44 by snekkoboi »»
Aug 24, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20

32 by Jobn_Bibblbe »»
Aug 8, 11:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.