Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Episode serves as another reminder how much pressure idols have to deal with in the industry. All the pressure aside, I'm glad to see Chika and Yumiko on the same page.

What I do hope to see if their fanbase grow more. They need to further expand their brand. Episode had its mix of tense emotions but also light humor.
May 22, 6:12 AM

Mar 2021
Really amazing episode Loved how united Yumiko and Chika are to remain Voice actresses and to continue to do what they love.
May 22, 6:12 AM
May 2022
Damn this episode shows that anime fanbases are so god damn toxic.
May 22, 8:36 AM

Jan 2023
Yubisaki had a completely unexpected side and that was absolutely hilarious.
On the other hand, the ending was very very tense, but beautiful, I'm glad they were able to make it through.
May 22, 8:54 AM
Nov 2018
ajw215799 said:

Any fan base for anything is toxic. You say the wrong thing about something people like, and they will defend it. It's not just anime this works on.
May 22, 10:11 AM

Mar 2023
After watching this show, I'm pretty sure I couldn't make it as a voice actress. Granted, I am a bit too old to start if these two are still in high school, but I definitely couldn't take all the pressure from both fans and coworkers.
May 22, 10:23 AM
Dec 2020
this was so bad it actually made me cry. painful to watch
i know this is fiction, but cmon...her own mom doxxing them.. casual assault happening in every direction..

also i'm kinda curious what the voice actrasses think of playing voice actresses who's lives are so simple and whose conflicts are so easily resolved
May 22, 10:24 AM
Aug 2022
Ngl seeing Yubusaki’s real persona that’s she’s just a super fan made her a lot more of a lovable character imo.

And I love the dynamic she brought up with how chika and Yumiko are leaving behind there old fans that liked there old persona’s.

Cause I mean there’s plenty of idol’s which have fake persona’s and with Chika and Yumiko being revealed to their fans to have fake persona’s it’s natural a lot of fans would be angry and stop supporting them. But then there’s the portion who don’t care about the fake persona’s and still support them, then there’s the other portion who like their real persona.

And it’s like how do you appeal to both sides of your fan base which didn’t stop supporting you. And given what we saw at the end I suppose there gonna attempt to put on both persona’s.

But I’m curious if there gonna blend both personalities together or keep their real persona and idol persona separate and alternate between them each episode they do on the radio.

This was another great episode. I adore the hell out of this show.

Little side note: I found it funny that tons of people were watching the video Chika and Yumiko made casually out and about in public. Like I’m from the UK and if you done that here your getting your phone robbed 😭😭😭😭

But hey I guess that’s Japan for you.
May 22, 11:07 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to ajw215799
@ajw215799 Guess you've never seen the Star Wars fanbase, or Star Trek fanbase, or Undertale fanbase, or Rick and Morty fanbase, or Steven Universe fanbase, or MLP fanbase, or-

Any and every fanbase are going to have toxic people, it's inevitable. Hell, given any group of people there's going to be toxic ones.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
May 22, 11:25 AM
Apr 2024
I don't know, this episode was pretty ridiculous, bordering on a bit cringey.

But like, really? I know the mom will probably reluctantly give in, since the story needs to continue, but she completely won that bet, no question. The whole point of it was to see if there'd be people who came to harass them against their wishes, and there definitely were. Just because the supportive fans stopped them from literally talking to them, they still showed up to harass them and put them in danger. What, are the supportive fans going to protect them from every bad actor? This whole thing started with one of them doxing Chika; they're still going to keep trying to dox her and ruin her life, which was the whole point of the hiatus to begin with.

Also, those harassers just gave up realllly quickly. All they had to do was say "hi", but because some random person stepped in front of them, they became mute.

I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner, having such a ridiculous bet with no chance of winning, yet they have to in order for the story to continue. Like yeah I get it, it's the type of show that you're not supposed to think too much, but man did that last scene feel so damn corny.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
May 22, 11:59 AM
Feb 2021
ajw215799 said:

Surely it shows the opposite? 98% of fans are pretty cool but a small minority can be assholes
May 22, 1:41 PM

Aug 2019
that was honestly pretty stupid. i still dont understand why they had to do that and why yuhi's mom is being such an ass hole but i guess our girls now really know that people still care about them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2:34 PM

Feb 2019
Love the show and the girls to bits but this was the first episode where I couldn’t help but think how stupid it was. Just a lot of nonsensical stuff from so many people.

First of all, Yubisaki being a massive Yasu stan in reality, but hiding it and being an asshole to her professionally just blows my mind. Extremely toxic behaviour and it doesn’t make any sense to want to upset your oshi/idol like that. Yasu did what was best for she and Yuhi and as a fan you should respect that and be happy that your faves are happy. It’s a win win for everyone.

The other mind-boggling thing to me is this challenge from Yuhi’s mom. It’s such a dumb idea and idk why she’d wanna subject her daughter to the risk. Luckily, the girls took a gamble on their fan base having more good people than bad and it paid off. The two dudes who wanted to confront Yasu are so weird though. I just will never understand this Parasocial idea that other people exist purely for you. Feel bad for any idol that has to go thru this.

Yubisaki did redeem herself at the end by stopping the one dude who was going after the girls, so I’ll give her a pass for all the toxic stuff earlier. But Yuhi mom is without a doubt the most annoying person in the story
Marinate1016May 22, 3:06 PM
May 22, 2:35 PM
Nov 2023
I like the characters but really the plot doesn’t hang together
May 22, 2:49 PM

Sep 2018
And to think some fans are as unhinged and pure cringe in real life as well. What a dumb little bit of writing though, this last couple of episodes or so.
May 22, 3:39 PM

Aug 2017
MeguSae38 said:
Yubisaki had a completely unexpected side and that was absolutely hilarious.
Yubusaki is literally me, in my mind when I'm standing in line for my favorite voice actors. (although I immediately forget everything I want to say when I'm actually standing in front of them😅).
Didn't see her character development coming - I thought it was a really nice surprise.😄

Stark700 said:
Episode serves as another reminder how much pressure idols have to deal with in the industry.
I always find it really interesting how meta this series can be. I know that the whole thing is actually a light novel, but hearing the whole thing again in a series of seiyuu gives the whole thing an additional touch. Honne and Tatemae (the ability to distinguish between “public face” and “real self”) is generally very pronounced in show business and when you watch this series, you inevitably ask yourself how many celebrities, that you know, may also have a completely different side that they don't want to / aren't allowed to / can't show. Just as Yūhi's and Yasumi's fans doubt how many celebrities show their true side, the same can be extended to the viewer of the series itself.

Gavinmercer said:
Surely it shows the opposite? 98% of fans are pretty cool but a small minority can be assholes
Yeah I think the same. There are haters everywhere - often it's the small percent who make the loudest noise - and are therefore the most noticeable. Therefore, attention is often directed towards hate. Even if not everyone thinks that way. There are still a huge number of fans who stand behind it and continue to cheer on their idols.

People often come online when they have something to complain about. The silent majority that does not direct hate towards anyone is perishing. This sometimes creates a distorted image - as if the entire fan base were toxic.
That's why I, when I read some - in my opinion - unjustified hate comments in the internet, always try to counteract with a positive comment.

Since Steven Universe and Rick Morty are mentioned here - yeah, in some forums you have to have a thick skin. But I also think back to beautiful, exciting and cheerful discussions that I wouldn't want to miss.

Then the most exciting path to the train of the season. Although we "only" see Yūhi and Yasumi running to the train, I sat on the edge of the chair.
Even though they probably wouldn't have gotten off so lightly in real life and the whole thing would most likely have ended in a mass event, it was really nice to see that everything turned out well for them.
Now I'm curious to see what direction the title will take in the upcoming weeks.
Never thought Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote would be the title I'm looking most forward to on Wednesday (the same day KonoSuba and Date A Live are airing)
May 22, 4:38 PM

Jan 2015
Yubisaki MVP in this episode

May 22, 4:39 PM

Dec 2021
It's not all that shocking that Mekuru was sneaking into their events, but I'm genuinely surprised by her level of fandom for both of them, especially considering her disdain for their mistake.

While I don't forgive Mekuru's behavior towards Yuuhi and Yasumi per say, I can see where she's coming from. And credit where it's due, she really came through when they needed it most.

May 22, 6:30 PM
May 2020
Just too cringe. One of the cringiest things I'd ever seen in my life!
May 22, 8:43 PM
Mar 2015
That was painful to watch
May 22, 9:33 PM

Nov 2021
May 22, 10:16 PM

Aug 2022
- Well it seems like the identity of the mysterious masked girl from Episode 01 was finally revealed. And it turns out to be Mekuru.

- I kind of liked that moment when Yasumi was concerned about seemingly abandoning her existing fanbase when she assumed her current persona. Wish that the owners of some of the biggest entertainment IPs in the world were as sensitive (cough... Disney... cough...)

- Yasumi was visibly shaken when their little walk began. Sensing the discomfort, Yuhi took the initiative to hold Yasumi's hand. If it weren't for the circumstances (or cringe execution, depending on who you ask), this would have been the gayest part of the episode as we got at least 3 minutes of uninterrupted hand holding. 😏

- The last third of the episode felt like a variation of overcoming hardship "through the power of friendship" in a very anime way with all those fans claiming to be talking to themselves 🙃
May 22, 10:18 PM
Jan 2015
I fucking hated all this nonsense about that stupid bet, let's just move on. A pity, as I enjoyed everything else in this show, fortunately, much of this episode was not about that.
May 22, 10:35 PM

Mar 2008
Mekuru's cringe ass personality and the bet. WTF, I don't even....
May 23, 2:35 AM

Apr 2024
this is when you try to overcomplicate something, god damn that walking scene and some random dude show up like they are going to punch the girls,
if it's true then Japanese mindset fans are quite silly when it comes to idol culture.
and the sobby crying scene makes this episode even more cringe
May 23, 3:16 AM

Dec 2016
this was one of the most idiotic challenges I've ever seen, exaggerated as if we were inside a battle shounen, to sum it all up in one word.... CRINGE
May 23, 6:23 AM
Oct 2023
Fun episode, forced drama but quite humorous due to the absurdity of it.
May 23, 7:15 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
Invasion of privacy is obviously a real issue when it comes to celebrities and is usually a topic I like to see being tackled in showbiz themed series, but this arc was just a really poor attempt at drama. The past couple episodes have been nothing but cringe, and I'm not talking about the entertaining "so bad it's good" kind. I'm so glad we're finally moving on.

Weren't the conditions of the bet that if the girls were able to walk from the school to the station without having anyone talk to them, they'd be allowed to continue working but if even one person stops them, it's game over? No matter how you look at it, Chika's mother totally won. The girls got both stopped and directly talked to multiple times. The whole "I'm just talking to myself here, don't mind me!" bit was such a cheap, preposterous excuse to justify the girls' victory – take this from someone who is usually great at excusing asspulls for the sake of advancing the plot...
gyanburubiiMay 23, 7:21 AM
May 23, 8:30 AM

Aug 2022
Satou and Chika can finally get rid of the anxiety they felt.

After apologizing to the fans and confronting the existing fans directly, they finally succeeded. And I'm also glad that Mekuru is the right person for Satou and Chika as their fans. Really great episode.

RafaBryanMay 23, 8:33 AM
May 23, 2:38 PM

Jun 2021
Midway through i was almost thinking this episode was all going to be about Mekuru, who at least now isn't completely hostile to the main couple any more at this point, and the bet would have happened next time. No, it happened and honestly the way it was handled seemed... clumsy. Didn't hate the result, but won't argue with anyone despising it, it's a fair point. It would have seemed worse at least for me if no one recognized or approached them by unbelievable coincidences. Oh, well, let's discover how it will proceed i guess.
May 23, 8:55 PM
Nov 2018
The walk to the station only proved one thing. That Yuuhi and Yasami has a decent amount of potential stalkers that has time on there hands. I was kinda expecting them to use Shimizu the guy that harass Yuuhi to be there, so they can give that some type of ending.
MoppitMay 23, 8:59 PM
May 23, 9:49 PM
Jul 2011
That was actually a hard push, it is more than just a favor. I mean Mekuru of all people who wants Yasumi and Yuuhi to keep doing the Seiyuu work. Yasumi thought one of her workplace seniors who berated her way of work, but to be turned out it actually the opposite.

It's the moment that Yasumi and Yuuhi sees the best part of their workplace.
May 24, 4:10 AM

Oct 2022
Idk how I feel about this episode, glad that the conflict is over at the very least. Yubisaki being a massive tsundere was the highlight for me though

May 24, 10:46 AM
Aug 2021
There’s some big issue with Japanese people (in the anime) merely consuming their ideal voice actress without considering and respecting they are just one of us human beings, while I believe voice actress’s duty should be acting for the character in anime but not putting on an act irl, their real circumstance often says otherwise.

It’s also ironic while this anime is about the truth behind voice actress yet the story chooses to proceed with an idealistic outcome
May 24, 9:54 PM

May 2015
This is so unrealistic and silly, I wish they had a better way to resolve the conflict, or had no conflict of this sort at all. Through all this back and forth the girls actually seem so annoying, I'm honestly surprised they had this much support.

It's also rather disheartening that Yuuhi's mother acts like a self-righteous shitty parent with no consideration of her daughter's aspirations, but this is all gets accepted just because it comes from a place of worry or something. No, they could have resolved the issue differently without all the melodrama, finding a compromise. But the mother is too selfish and convinced that only her perspective is the right one, she didn't even allow the father to take part in the whole thing, which could be the easiest outcome. She thinks 1,5 years is no big deal for a career hiatus, then how about letting the daughter live with her dad for that same period? But no, put this way, it's suddenly a big deal, which only tells me that she doesn't act in the best interests for Yuuhi, but only for her own sake.

Besides, the whole plan is ridiculous, it proves absolutely nothing. Just because they got support from fans this time, doesn't mean there wouldn't be any individual stalkers later on. All this achieved was pissing off even more fans in a new way. They have to relocate Yuuhi for maximum security asap, even if it means for mother to relocate along with her (how was it never even an option?) instead of playing these stupid wagers and naive games.
TenMay 24, 10:13 PM
May 25, 2:34 AM

Mar 2008
Ah so I guess Yubisaki is not as bad as she seemed though still too harsh in some ways but her enthusiastic fangirling does help make up for it.

This whole wager was so weird and pointless.
May 25, 11:41 AM

Apr 2021
This episode was pretty funny. First of all Mekuru was hating on them for getting crepes on their day off, I was giggling like lmao girl be serious.. Then it turns out she was just hating on them to overcompensate for how much she loves them, and she's like a super fan- I like her a lot more now. I always thought the bet/wager was extremely cheesy and unrealistic, but it worked out better than I thought it would, and ngl I thought it was kinda touching at the end when they said they'll never give up, and cried because of all the support. Yeah it was a little bit cringe, but in my opinion it was def the best episode of the series so far.
May 26, 1:47 AM

Oct 2018
this episode was good to see how some bad / toxic fan could be with the seiyuu (or even between 'fans' of different anime)
if everyone could just appreciate something but not have to be violent for the other things they don't like
May 27, 4:33 PM
Sep 2022
Este capítulo si estuvo buenooo waaaa 😭
May 31, 4:15 PM

Dec 2009
Poor girls, putting them through something like that has got to be traumatizing.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jun 3, 3:43 PM

Aug 2019
Dude I'm sorry but I still seriously hate Yubisaki and Yuhi's mom. They're both awful, especially her mom.
Jun 5, 9:56 PM
Feb 2019
simplesmente sensacional.
Jun 6, 2:44 AM

Dec 2023
Questionable if a hiatus would stop the feds and discord mods but whatever, the extrovert gyaru & anemic introvert Guard is here to slow down the enemy's advance! Against the average goon even a loli is enough to hold them off. Extrovert gyaru's manager looked so done when the FINAL BOSS showed up after they had walked passed the last aggro line trigger. Fortunately, well-endowed tsundere pro whose chest looks taped down when incognito is not one to be trifled with.

Extrovert gyaru's bath isn't the most spacious but I think we can make room for one more.

Speaking of the bath, the hand holding and even them bawling in each other's arms felt more lewd for some reason. I like to think attorney mom formulated the bet in a 100-page contract wherein they found the "I'm just talking to myself" legal loophole to exploit.

M_Rogers_RebornJun 6, 2:52 AM
Jun 7, 4:35 PM

Jun 2022
The challenge didn't make sense and their mothers were stupid, but the episode was still enjoyable.
Jun 12, 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
lmao that walking was the most random scene ever
it would be great if all of them just shut up and let them walk while looking, but ofc there had to be some that wanted to say something lol
with all that was said, they obviously failed the challenge but i guess it's fine :D

oh yeah, Yubisaki part was great, and thanks to her, the duo decided to use her anime voices sometimes
that being said, it's also part of seiyuu job to use their voices in different ways, i mean, there's so many times i can't even notice one of my favorite VA's is the one talking, since they can easily do like 5 different voices
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 13, 8:20 PM

Jul 2017
Given the numerous issues about Chika, them being VAs in a rather fast-changing industry, anything is volatile at this point.

Both girls running into Yubisaki, whom they didn't want to coincidentally meet, it doesn't change things that Chika is close to hitting her limit, but thanks to Sato, she can push herself a bit more. And the restart for them with the collab with Sakuranamiki to hope that things would get better...then there's a masked girl approaching all 3 girls being obtusely passionate about their work and the like...until Sato calmly exposes Yubisaki in secret being both a senior VA and an ardent hardcore fan of theirs. Still, it feels like Yubisaki is building up walls against them, splitting her professional and private life...not so much with her disguise being exposed. The truth about Mekuru Yubisaki, she really cares about both Sato and Chika as both of their personas, but gets shooketh when they dropped their pretense and go as their own personalities.

Both girls wanting to film a video for their fans to clear things up, it's also because of the wager against Chika's mother that gets the fans all "supportive" of surrounding them and making it look like a challenge of sorts. But there's always the point of uneasiness when fans don't perform the way they expect, and as the retaliations come, their long-standing fans stand up to them, creating a rather divisive divide of an issue. Even Yubisaki also participates in the affair, thus making their journey from school to the train station a success, even if by their selfish whims.

Ganbatte, Sato and Chika, the road ahead of you is a tumultuous one.
Jun 28, 1:32 PM
Jan 2023
Holy shit, they really did take it away with this episode, what an excellent job Connect have done here.

We learn the truth about Mekuru, turns out she also happens to be a mega fan and also really cares about the two, but also hates them at the same time.

That part where Yasumi and Yuuhi are walking home, and the crowd straight up defends them, was a beautiful sight to see, and the way they just broke down at the end, that must have been some immense relief.

I didn't exactly have high hopes going into this show to be honest, but I have been proved very wrong, many times over, I absolutely love this show so far, and I really hope that the rest of it will be just as good.
Jul 2, 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't expect Yubisaki to start fangirling like that lmao. That was fucking hilarious, I love how hardcore she is... That scream when Yasumi said one of her character's lines xD. Man, I love Nao Touyama.

The whole bet thing was already ridiculous so of course the solution would end up being cheap and even funny. Like, I don't think the point was that there are good fans and bad fans but what these toxic fans might do but whatever, the faster we get out of this, the better.

Bet aside, I like that they created a segment in their show where they can use their old personas. I think it's nice for the fans.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17

39 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26

48 by TechOtaku »»
Aug 25, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Aug 2, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10

81 by TurnipFan »»
Jul 26, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19

28 by kitoha »»
Jul 21, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.