Forum Settings
Forums

In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

New
Apr 24, 2:32 PM

Aug 2021
Humanity lives going through battles for love, people from different classes couldn't get married, people from different religions couldn't get married, people from different ethnicities couldn't get married, people from different political beliefs couldn't get married, etc... All this happened in the past, but many people managed to win and today they are with their loved ones.

Now, in the future, new battles for love will happen (theory). When aliens start living with humans, cases of interspecies romance will begin to appear, and there will be people trying to end this love. This means that humans will once again have to fight to stay with their loved ones.

Apr 24, 2:37 PM

Sep 2016
Well, if it's ever going to happen that humans live together with an extraterrestrial species, then after some time interspecies love will most certainly happen, and it will probably be a taboo/forbidden love at the beginning.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 24, 2:38 PM

Dec 2022
You said it. There'd be no shortage of people ready to risk it all for a cute space-elf alienwife.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 24, 2:41 PM

Sep 2018
I do not think human life will ever be able to transcend just Earth so I vote no.
Apr 24, 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
sounds like intergalactic racism ye that may happen especially if a lot of aliens are so different than us humans
Apr 24, 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
Imagine interplanetary Troyan war v2.0, with the belligerents belonging to at least two completely different species that originally came from different planets.
Apr 24, 5:26 PM

Aug 2018
It's an interesting theory.

I guess it will happen no matter what.

In the far future, religious radicals, stubborn conservatives, or even the fearful among common people will oppose it.

But whether it will result in intergalactic battles and wars spanning over thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years, I guess we'll never experience it in our lifetime.
Apr 24, 5:45 PM

Aug 2022
HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Apr 24, 10:18 PM

Jan 2014
Reply to rohan121
I do not think human life will ever be able to transcend just Earth so I vote no.
@rohan121

Really tho? You're underestimating human growth my man. Think just how much our world has changed in the past 100 years. Now imagine 1000 years from now.
Apr 24, 11:24 PM

May 2013
Makes me optimistic.

Maybe someday I can have a spicy romance with Garrus.

And the scenario of it being a forbidden romance makes it more hot. I should play Mass Effect 2 again.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 24, 11:56 PM

Aug 2012
Eh, I dunno. Any alien species is less related to us than any species on Earth. So would anyone even be attracted to them? Would they even think the same way humans do? Fair chance none of them is gonna look even remotely humanoid nor have any similarities to us both physically or mentally.

So I'll vote no.
Apr 25, 12:44 PM

Aug 2008
Reply to DoctorWasabi
@rohan121

Really tho? You're underestimating human growth my man. Think just how much our world has changed in the past 100 years. Now imagine 1000 years from now.
There will be a limit to how far we can venture. The universe is ever expanding so with each day that passes it becomes even harder to travel distances in space. We are essentially going to be confined into our galaxy and neighboring ones.

Extraterrestrial life will not exist, and if it does, it would not happen at the same time as human existence.
Kero Kero

Bonito
Apr 25, 1:02 PM
Jan 2024
I don't believe in love as we know it today is really a thing, smt.
Apr 28, 10:48 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
If intelligent alien life exists and we interact with them, sure. But it may as well be just as incompatible as human/animals relationships and it just exist in the fringes.
Apr 28, 7:03 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Love? No, something so noble as free love is not why the state wages wars, they wage wars because it expands their territorial conquest. If we did come in contact with aliens, I imagine the state would wage war with them just like any other nation.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 28, 7:19 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to DreamWindow
Love? No, something so noble as free love is not why the state wages wars, they wage wars because it expands their territorial conquest. If we did come in contact with aliens, I imagine the state would wage war with them just like any other nation.
@DreamWindow

The wars I speak of will not be caused by the State(even if the State can apply laws such as "interspecies relations with aliens are prohibited, five-year prison sentence for anyone who fails to comply"), the wars will be caused by ordinary people who will attack couples in love because they have prejudice in their hearts. Even if love is noble, that won't stop a person with eyes blinded by prejudice from attacking love.

Apr 28, 7:43 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to Absurdo_N
@DreamWindow

The wars I speak of will not be caused by the State(even if the State can apply laws such as "interspecies relations with aliens are prohibited, five-year prison sentence for anyone who fails to comply"), the wars will be caused by ordinary people who will attack couples in love because they have prejudice in their hearts. Even if love is noble, that won't stop a person with eyes blinded by prejudice from attacking love.
@Absurdo_N

Well, sure, but what I'm thinking, is that, in order to get to the point where aliens and humans are coexisting together, there would have to be some kind of peace agreement with our planet beforehand. In that instance, who is to say that the state won't just blow the shit out of them, like they would any other nation?

But for the sake of the thread, I'll just say, yes, there would likely be prejudices, if a new species came to this planet. And many of them might be wholly justified since we don't know anything about them. In general it's hard to say exactly what that kind of world would look like, since the alien species is an x factor. But as far as civil rights go -the freedom to associate should generally be upheld, so long as both parties are peaceful.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 28, 7:51 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to DreamWindow
@Absurdo_N

Well, sure, but what I'm thinking, is that, in order to get to the point where aliens and humans are coexisting together, there would have to be some kind of peace agreement with our planet beforehand. In that instance, who is to say that the state won't just blow the shit out of them, like they would any other nation?

But for the sake of the thread, I'll just say, yes, there would likely be prejudices, if a new species came to this planet. And many of them might be wholly justified since we don't know anything about them. In general it's hard to say exactly what that kind of world would look like, since the alien species is an x factor. But as far as civil rights go -the freedom to associate should generally be upheld, so long as both parties are peaceful.
@DreamWindow

Their appearance is an x factor, it makes sense. It makes sense to be afraid of something if that something has a mouth full of sharp teeth(example).

Apr 28, 7:59 PM

Dec 2016
Lol. Depends on the aliens.
Finds a species of primitive kemonomimi. They must be protected at all costs.
Finds a species of bug men. Time to die abominations.
Apr 28, 8:04 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to Absurdo_N
@DreamWindow

Their appearance is an x factor, it makes sense. It makes sense to be afraid of something if that something has a mouth full of sharp teeth(example).
@Absurdo_N

Yeah, exactly, it's hard to say for sure, without knowing exactly what the other party is like. Assuming they have perfected space travel, they likely are intelligent -perhaps more than we are- it could be bad for us. But alternatively, they might want to exist peacefully with us. So depending on the circumstances, it could be an interesting ethics discussion.

Apr 28, 10:21 PM

Mar 2008
Maybe at first though maybe society would be more advanced enough to be open to it
Apr 29, 4:46 AM

Oct 2009
Well romance, and even love would be possible with another species as a lot of romance is about sharing the same goals, values and aspirations. Biggest issue I could see is how things would work on the physical attraction side of things. In terms of other race type discrimination that could be an issue and it could go both ways. We could see them as a threat and so there could be a degree of animosity towards them especially if there is a segment of our population that suffers due to the alien’s presence. For example, just think of a scenario where the aliens are taking our jobs (and how the populist segment would take that). Get those illegal aliens out of my country!

Hard to think humans will see the aliens as inferior though if they clearly have superior technology but what is possible is the alien race could see us as inferior. They may not wish for our extermination but see us the same way we see other intelligent animals like horses, dolphins or monkeys. Whilst those animals are intelligent, we still maintain the sense we are of another level. The aliens that do mix with us maybe seen as eccentric or even social outcasts in their community. Lots of possibilities and opportunities for a good story but how these dynamics play out will largely depend on the difference in intelligence levels and how open minded each species are.
Apr 29, 5:07 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Archean-Return
You said it. There'd be no shortage of people ready to risk it all for a cute space-elf alienwife.

@Archean-Return You know, while I appreciate the shout out to that show, she doesn't actually qualify as an alien.
Apr 29, 5:38 AM

Dec 2022
JaniSIr said:
You know, while I appreciate the shout out to that show, she doesn't actually qualify as an alien.
Maybe not in a literal sense, as the Abh are genetically modified humans (or "bioroids"), but they've long diverged from their human creators in culture, genetics, language and even territory. Their role in the series is more akin to aliens than it is anything else, hence them being treated as alien invaders by the unaltered human factions, such as the United Mankind.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 29, 7:25 AM

Jul 2013
Interplantery travel will never happen, so the scenario described by the OP is impossible to ever happen.
Apr 30, 8:43 AM

Nov 2019
If any of us are alive to see that day then we should all meet at this forum post and discuss what's changed and how our expectations changed. For me personally, I find it very hard to imagine this happening it seems more of an idea of behavioral escapism from reality.

More topics from this board

» Users Browsing Forums ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 28, 2023

87 by DesuMaiden »»
23 minutes ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

14 by Hikinekomori »»
1 hour ago

» fav dish from your culture or country?

BEEKAT - Jun 18, 2021

16 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago

» Question about how demonic some colours are

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Rhae »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about education in your country?

Sad - May 10

20 by LightWorker »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.