Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
That OP song is very flashy and stylistic. I like it. Haruka looks like a badass this episode and the animation looked smooth as advertised. They still threw in goofy moments especially between him and Kotoha.

Of course there would be some trouble on the streets as Haruka faces off against some other guys. A lot of degenerates in this episode and Haruka is here not to be looked down by anyone. This first episode had a good deal of emotions imo. Excited for more.

Apr 4, 8:55 AM

Dec 2021
The Delinquent genre hasn't had the best reputation lately, especially after Tokyo Revengers. But now, Nii Satoru's Wind Breaker is here, with a competent studio behind it and an intriguing premise to boot

Natori's OP not only boasts incredible visuals but also stands out as my OP of the season so far. Meanwhile, Young Kee's ED is slow and calm, making for an amazing OST overall.

In Furin High School, where fights are fierce and average scores are low, anyone who brings pain, destruction, or evil will be purged by Bofurin without exception. Haruka Sakura, a first-year student from outside the city, has come to climb to the top. He has no interest in weaklings; he seeks only the strongest. As a student of Furin High School, known for its brawling strength, Haruka aims to become the hero his town needs in the midst of territorial disputes. However, Furin High School is now under the protection of a group called the "Chime of the Wind Breaker" – Bofurin. And so begins the heroic legend of high school delinquent Sakura.

Alright, that's quite unique. Usually, it's the MC going into some random place and becoming the top dog, making everyone their ally and all that. But here, they've already got a solid group of good guys accepted by everyone, lol. How are they gonna handle this? But yeah, this shounen is really doing its shounen thing. The show seems to be shaping up pretty well, except for those really awkward tsundere scenes. But it feels more like a one-shot than a series; I'm not sure where the manga intends to take the main character from here. It feels like his character arc got wrapped up in just one episode. Also, these kids taking their delinquency so seriously really reminds me of Tokyo Revengers, lol. I'll laugh my ass off if they start talking about putting their lives on the line for what they believe in or killing each other.

A strong premise, and despite my major leanings towards anything delinquent-esque, I'm quite intrigued. I'm all in!

Apr 4, 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
The TRUE Bucchigiri!? delinquent "Tokyo Revengers" story has come in the form of mangaka Satoru Nii's Wind Breaker, NOT the Korean manhwa. Heralded by none other than CloverWorks, alongside in-house director Toshifumi Akai of Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia fame.

Natori's OP song debut (especially the visuals) and Young Kee's ED is great.

The panda-haired Haruka Sakura is quite the delinquent of Furin High School, saving Kotoha Tachibana who's a waitress at a cafe, despite him being a foreigner who's out of town, and someone who wants to take the top spot at the infamous delinquent school. But Kotoha knows the outset of the town in general, which faces delinquents from time to time, which Haruka is not prepared to face.

Haruka encountering a group of gangsters, and within his sense of finding himself as a certified fighter, CloverWorks bringing in the sakuga with the fluent rotoscoping fights, it's great to see. But it soon becomes clear that Haruka can't survive on his own, and this where Matsumoto Kajiyanagi comes in as a fellow Furin student, alongside his band of Hiragi friends Matsumoto, Kaji and Yanagida, who protect the town with their school's badge on it: Bofurin - the Wind Breaker, the delinquent gang of guardians helping out the folk for good. This to Haruka is foreign, since he has always been alone, and the town's remodeling of his life will prove vital as he becomes a hero for the good.

The tale of a shunned boy, who's worth lies in violence, he who will become the hero of the town, Haruka will have his life changed from the inside out.

Now THIS is how you do a delinquent story, not the way that Bucchigiri!? does.
KANLen09Apr 5, 11:15 PM
Apr 4, 9:14 AM
Aug 2022
A boy who wants to succeed & defeat the stronger enemies.
I like his determination.
& OP Song is really flashy.🤩
Apr 4, 10:29 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty decent first episode.
Apr 4, 10:42 AM
Jan 2023
They pretty much nailed the fighting one!! Just Cloverworks thing.
Pretty good OP and ED, really fitted the vibe of this anime.
Apr 4, 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
A very straightforward and simple premiere for a delinquent-centered shounen anime with a lot of what I would expect present in this episode. I do like Kotoha though and the opening is really good, one of the better ones of the season that I have seen so far. Don't know if there is much to this show but popcorn entertainment but hey, the action looks solid and it is better already than Tokyo Revengers as a delinquent anime so I'll take that for a change. Can imagine this premiere being very forgettable for a lot of people though if the animation wasn't this level so the staff involved do deserve their share of flowers for this one to start off with.
Apr 4, 10:54 AM
Sep 2015
I know immediately from the first frame that this anime is gonna be something difference. I don't want to compare this to Bucchigiri or Tokyo Revengers but can we all agree that the delinquent genre is back? I mean, we even get a gender role-swapping anime like Rokudou no Onna-tachi in last year.
Apr 4, 11:22 AM
Aug 2020
It was better than what i expected as expecting this first ep 🔥🔥🔥
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 4, 11:24 AM
Mar 2022
I really like the design of this anime :)
Apr 4, 11:26 AM
Oct 2016
Sakura has made his way to the most infamous school for delinquents, Furin High School. A great premiere to this actually grounded in reality delinquent story. I really like Sakura as a character, he's instantly relatable and I empathize with his internal struggle. Constantly being rejected by those around you because you're different is a real problem that lots of people deal with everyday. Sakura has come here to try and find his place where he can be on top and people will have to respect him at that point. This town he's entered isn't like a regular city, this place is filled with scoundrels that are trying to assert dominance. Sakura rushing in to wallah on some fools was awesome. Protecting that girl Kotoha, leading to a nice meal at her restaurant where he gets the lowdown on this place. Great animation during all the fights, smooth movement as Sakura tried his best to stop at least two dozen guys by himself after the previous guy came with backup. I loved seeing the protectors of the town come to help Sakura, this group of guys from the school that have vowed to keep the neighborhood safe. Sakura joining them and rising the ranks will be fun to see.
Apr 4, 11:33 AM
Sep 2018
Beautiful start! 9/10
Apr 4, 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
Sakura vs the group of delinquents is one of the best beatdowns I've seen in recent years. Loved the animation and choreography of the fight. Will be watching this weekly
Apr 4, 11:35 AM
Jan 2021
I’ve always read of the manga and planned to read and catch up to it but I haven’t yet then I heard the anime was coming out so I waited, and honestly I loved it, it’s a really good premiere episode and it was fun to watch, it sounds like a simple story of a kid who just wants to be the strongest in the delinquent world, idk if later on it’ll get more serious and have stakes but either way I’m in for the ride, I like how Bofurin is a group of delinquent that are actually good guys and clean up all the other bad delinquent gangs in town it makes this series interesting that they’re actually loved by their hometown and not feared like most delinquent series, Bofurin is literally painting over the graffiti in the opening like damn they really are nice dudes that care for their people and town, the opening and ending slap to like damn CloverWorks didn’t have to cook this hard but I’m glad they did, honestly I wasn’t expecting this anime to be treated with amazing animation cause I mean it’s popular and has a good following with manga readers but is still feel like it’s underrated, but Tokyo Revengers had a really big fanbase and popularity before the anime dropped but the animation was not great like I’ve seen worst so it was better than others I’ve seen but still you’d expect something that was so hyped up to have better animation, and for underrated series you’d expect either bad or okay animation but nah they got CloverWorks to cook for this anime and they went all out, the fights were fun and cool to watch, the soundtrack hits hard, story seems fun, and the animation is just really good and not what I was expecting to come from this anime, but hopefully this anime gives this series the push it needs to get in the mainstream and to a wider audience, I’m so glad this finally got animated I’ve been wanting to check out this series for a long time I want to say it had about 30ish chapters when I first heard about it but like I said I never got around to catching up but if this anime strays good all the way for the next 12 episodes I might have to continue it in the manga
Apr 4, 11:41 AM

Oct 2017
Not that happy about the recent delinquent animes, they should just adapt Crows into an anime but anyway heres to once again hoping it will be good.

The action this episode was pretty good due to the great animation and direction. Sakura seems like a likeable mc but more importantly I really liked Kotoha, sweet onee san. It's hinted she is probably related to the guy at the top of Furin. Now I wonder if that's her brother or maybe love interest? I really hope it's the former.

Gonna keep my expectations low on the story front. If nothing else there should be good action sakuga atleast.
MegamiRemApr 4, 6:06 PM
Apr 4, 11:46 AM

Feb 2021
Good first episode I guess, CloverWorks being a top tier studio yet again.

The MC is maybe a little too distrustful of people, but I wanna know his back-story to understand better.
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

Jul 2020
wow a delinquents show where the mc is not an annoying little bitch? color me intrigued...
Apr 4, 11:51 AM

Oct 2011
Sakura the tsundere 🤩😍😍
Apr 4, 11:58 AM
Sep 2021
Better than Bucchigiri and Tokyo Revengers.
Apr 4, 12:02 PM
Feb 2024
Haruka Sakuras whole personality: *begrudgingly good*
It’s cute how flustered he is when he gets compliments, but at the same time… he must have had it really rough. I love that he tries so hard to be tough but he really just wants a place to belong, it looks like he came to the right place, too. I don’t know much about this anime, but judging from the first episode, between this and Viral Hit, we’re going to have some amazing fighting animes this season! High hopes for this one.

His character design is awesome, honestly. I really love that they make that abnormal inside this anime though. A TOK of anime use bright colors and flashy character designs for just the main characters and everyone just acts like it’s normal, it’s kind of refreshing to see that he actually stands out as an MC but others notice too.
Apr 4, 12:04 PM

Sep 2023
Based on the premise of the anime, I came into this expecting fights and great animation. I wasn't disappointed. It seems like there is some room for this anime to be more than that, and I'm excited to see where it goes.
Apr 4, 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
The mc is actually physically competent unlike some other show. I’m already invested
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 4, 12:22 PM
May 2021
Pretty good, animation was crisp but the end kinda threw me off ngl
Apr 4, 12:29 PM

May 2021
Did they seriously named this show "one who makes farts"? Funny. But so far good.
Apr 4, 12:33 PM
Oct 2022
aaaah very good start, tremendous opening, great quality, I'll give it a chance
Apr 4, 12:38 PM

Jun 2014
This was a pretty solid first episode. Haruka seems to have been shunned and tossed aside all his life so he’s trying to find a place where he can be accepted. With that kind of background I get why he’s so hesitant to trust people, so seeing him overcome that should be nice.

The action is already really good, lots of dope fight choreography especially when Haruka was acting as a one man army. Delinquent anime have been kinda lacking lately so hopefully this turns out to be a good one.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 4, 12:41 PM
May 2023
Good animation and op, but honestly so far it's a bit meh
There isn't much different in this compared to other delinquent anime
Apr 4, 12:46 PM
Mar 2024
So far so good, the fights were awesome. Hopefully it sustain its name.
Apr 4, 12:49 PM
Mar 2022
This is one of top notch delinquents anime going to be .
If you Like Tokyo Revengers give it a try
Apr 4, 12:55 PM
Sep 2022
Oh this one is gonna be good, I love Yuma Uchida MCs. Hopefully it can make up for my immense disappointment in what Bucchigiri turned out to be.
Apr 4, 1:04 PM
Apr 2020
Looks promising for me. The first episode looks pretty good. Looking forward for more.
Apr 4, 1:14 PM
Nov 2023
well I was really expecting a story with no special powers after Tokyo revengers
and I enjoyed the first episode a lot the manga contents were detailed in the whole episode
the execution of the anime and the adaptation of the episode was really good
looking forward to this in this season
Apr 4, 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
Some pretty good fighting scenes; looking good so far.
Apr 4, 1:24 PM
Dec 2018
First time I watch an anime about delinquents (unless Beelzebub counts as one). I wondered if the guys in town would actually call the cops instead of cheering up street fighters but they didn't.

Anyway I guess the worth of that kind of anime is the fight scenes and they were really nice to watch so I will definitely watch some episodes.
Apr 4, 2:02 PM

Mar 2021
Wonderful premiere, looking ripe to be one of Spring's breakout hits. Really curious where the story will go from here, since this episode doesn't really tease any direction in particular. I'm assuming they'll have to introduce a rival group at some point in the future, unless the story is about working/fighting his way up through Furin itself.
Apr 4, 2:02 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that’s some start.

Pretty strong visual representation or imagery of being a societal outcast at the start there. Very stylish Op, I’m in, I’m in. Seeing a lot of hype for this, so definitely curious to see how it’ll go from here.

Furin, a delinquent group needed by a city for a change? That’s some setting! A lot of attention put to the action scenes and Sakura looking up to see faces of acceptance was quite touching. CloverWorks, I’m sold.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 2:04 PM

Jun 2023
It's finally here!!! I like the manga, and I'm so hyped~ Love the OP & ED.. The combat is cool tho. Everything's nice.
Apr 4, 2:13 PM

Nov 2017
It’s an excellent impression for this first episode!
Apr 4, 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
This anime is so edgy lol, good animation and action tho

Apr 4, 2:32 PM

Nov 2016
To me delinquent became anime more popular again post Tokyo Revengers. They were sparse before and since last years it feels like we have one every/every other season. You love to see it in times of isekai overdose.

There's something familiar about this anime that reminds me of Prince of Stride. The only thing I was able to find after a quick search was that both series have the same sound director, and yeah the style of tracks is similar yet there's something else I can't put my finger on. The premise serves it's purpose. A good delinquent anime doesn't need more than bravado, weird hair styles and guys beating the shit out of each other. The fighting scenes here are legit. I would say that's definitely one thing this series has over it's competition.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2:41 PM

Mar 2020
This is amazing, I love it!!!!

The animation, wow so clean, I wonder do they have any real live person references cause the fight scenes are so good.

The OP/ED is good, the voice acting is amazing, and Haruka gives me the vibe of Chika, well considering these two were voiced by the same VA, Yuuma-san really does fit these types of characters. This anime is filled with my fav seiyuu so I'm really excited, can't wait to see more 🥰
Apr 4, 3:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Ah yes, another anime featuring delinquents after Bucchigiri!? ends this week except this time we have a more capable and likeable protagonist. Haruka Sakura loves to fight after being treated like an outcast and only cares about the strong. He decides to enroll in Fuurin High that is known for having a delinquent student body and aims to be the top fighter in the group. Hakura beat up a couple of guys that were gaining up on Kotoha Tachibana although he was being a real tsundere about it since it was the first time a girl treated him like a normal person. Didn't take much for guys that Haruka beat up on to come back with more guys which lead some awesome fight scene with some sakuga moments from Cloverworks. Hakura was outnumbered and that's where the Fuurin boys came in as the locals cheered them on. This was all strange to Haruka as he came from a place where delinquents like him were frowned upon so it looks like enrolling in Fuurin High was a good fit for him after all.

This was an awesome first episode and the animation was top notch. The soundtrack was pretty good too.
Apr 4, 3:13 PM

Apr 2018
You can never be disappointed with Cloverwork's adaptations. I've always seen this manhwa pop up on sites, but never gave it a chance. Because the name is the same as the cycle one, so I didn't put much thought behind it.
But now, it's going to be one of my favorite this season for sure. I really like Sakura's personality, he is not a weakling and will probably be a pretty good character. The animation and fighting sequences are dope as fuck. OP AND ED both pretty good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 4, 3:30 PM

Jan 2021
woww im in love with the op!!
also great animation and an overall good and interesting first episode :)
feel like im gonna enjoy this show a lot
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Nov 2021
I'm watching this because my favorite VA is here, and I don't have any expectations for this anime. I've watched Tokyo Revengers before, and I hate it. But this one...

This one is actually pretty damn good.
HumanekyApr 4, 3:50 PM
Apr 4, 4:01 PM
Jan 2021
The story is interesting, the fighting animation is good
Apr 4, 4:03 PM

Apr 2022
ayo that was surprisingly good. its been forever since i've seen some good delinquent action, we got one last season but that was trash. i can get behind this one, cloverworks cooked with the animation and the mc is kinda jokes with his personality. looking forward to the rest of this now.
Apr 4, 4:06 PM
Mar 2021
KANLen09 said:
The TRUE Bucchigiri!? delinquent "Tokyo Revengers-ish" story has come in the form of mangaka Satoru Nii's Wind Breaker, NOT the Korean manhwa. Heralded by none other than CloverWorks, alongside in-house director Toshifumi Akai of Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia fame.

Natori's OP song debut and Young Kee's ED is fine.

The panda-haired Haruka Sakura is quite the delinquent of Fuurin Senior High School, saving Kotoha Tachibana who's a waitress at a cafe, whom he's new to the surroundings. And despite Kotoha's wellbeing about Haruka, her giving him a fair warning about the travesty that is Fuurin, he hasn't seen anything yet of the dangeous gangster kind.

Haruka encountering a group of gangsters, and CloverWorks bringing in the sakuga with the fluent rotoscoping fights, it's great to see. But it soon becomes clear that Haruka can't survive on his own, and this where Matsumoto Kajiyanagi comes in as a fellow first-year student, also at Fuurin, alongside his band of friends, who protect the streets with their school's badge on it: the Wind Breakers, the gang of necessities helping out the folk for good. This to Haruka is foreign, since he has always been alone, and the town's remodeling of his life will prove vital as he becomes a hero for the good.

The tale of a shunned boy, who's worth lies in violence, he who will become the hero of the town, Haruka will have his life changed from the inside out.

Now THIS is how you do a delinquent story, not the way that Bucchigiri!? does.

tbf I don't think Bucchigiri was supposed be anything like this

Bucchigiri is just a fun eccentric anime that just happens to have delinquents 😅
Apr 4, 4:08 PM
Mar 2019
Only vasote doesnt like this masterpiece
Apr 4, 4:08 PM
Oct 2016
Really good animation, hopefully it remains the same for all episodes. The fistfight kinda reminded me of "Yakuza" game series. I haven't read the manga, but I'm kinda hoping this show ends up having the same vibe as those goofy Yakuza side quests.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A topic

Ronninn - Yesterday

15 by sanjjjuuu »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2

101 by -PhiL- »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

75 by jessi_phantom »»
7 hours ago

» How will season 1 end?

rektatron - May 17

20 by marlin_772 »»
8 hours ago

» I have to say..

1List2RuleThemAl - May 16

42 by yolfsenpai »»
Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.