Re Zero s3 censorship confirmed on 2 characters

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 28, 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to -Shurit-
@RobertBobert
RobertBobert said:
This is ReZero, a franchise so devoid of ecchi and fanservice that their fanservice

Sure, the series lacks any kind of explicit, typical fanservice. Still, Re Zero is your typical escapist isekai like any other LN of the same kind, except it was able to gaslight people into believing the series is some kind of mature and interesting narrative just because the MC suffers a little bit.
At the end of the day Re Zero is all about selling cute characters as waifus to male otakus, so it's totally undestandable why such kind of audience was gathered by and why they have such perception over the show.

@Kenzolo-folk
Kenzolo-folk said:
Drawings imitate life, its still fucked.

That's your personal perspective. People don't connect with fiction the same you way as you do, so don't be surprised when they aren't able to see lolis as literal children when they actually are nothing but a fictional archetype with no connection to real children whatsoever.
@-Shurit- Maybe if you weren't talking about people who criticized the supposed fanservice portrayal of characters rather than defending it. Also, the fact that ReZero criticizes escapism does not contradict their sale of cute characters. Because the title criticizes escapist thinking, not escapist fantasies in general per se. This isn't Gundam, which was turned into a gunpla commercial after originally being created to present a smart and serious mecha show that wasn't a mindless toy commercial.
Mar 28, 12:56 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Kenzolo-folk I'm afraid that any our further conversation here is useless. Your desire to see the sexualization of children in any depiction of female characters other than that of a mature curvy women, or the seemingly sincere belief that Japanese culture is inherently perverted, are apparently too important to you for me to argue with. I just don't want to refute the same arguments over and over again that keep coming up no matter how much I or others debunk prejudices like "cute design or petite body type means the character is a child" (apparently MaoMao should also have been assumed to be a child with this logic).
@RobertBobert
Again, I dont think not having curves/being mature makes you a prebubescent child looking loli.
For example Kobeni from chainsawman is a 20 year old character whos petite/has no boobs, is very childish, yet I dont think shes a character meant to imitate a child. Look at a character like her and then look at this loli from re:zero, theres an obvious difference in intentions here.

Inherently perverted? No, but sometimes. There is a famous japanese legend told to children about a guy who raises the child form of his wife, and they get together in the end. Im not saying this legend makes its listeners pedos, but it certainly says a lot about what some freaks in japan and showrunners deem as normal behavior. japan isnt some perfect kawaii place dude

im sorry youve been made to believe that a show calling a character 30 years old somehow erases from their child design
youre right that this conversation is getting useless, i just hope even tho u act like a creepy fucking pedo you dont end up hurting some kid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 1:12 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@RobertBobert
Again, I dont think not having curves/being mature makes you a prebubescent child looking loli.
For example Kobeni from chainsawman is a 20 year old character whos petite/has no boobs, is very childish, yet I dont think shes a character meant to imitate a child. Look at a character like her and then look at this loli from re:zero, theres an obvious difference in intentions here.

Inherently perverted? No, but sometimes. There is a famous japanese legend told to children about a guy who raises the child form of his wife, and they get together in the end. Im not saying this legend makes its listeners pedos, but it certainly says a lot about what some freaks in japan and showrunners deem as normal behavior. japan isnt some perfect kawaii place dude

im sorry youve been made to believe that a show calling a character 30 years old somehow erases from their child design
youre right that this conversation is getting useless, i just hope even tho u act like a creepy fucking pedo you dont end up hurting some kid.
@Kenzolo-folk Kobeni is an adult woman who works for a government agency and always wears a formal suit. I would also draw a line between working inexperience and childishness, especially in the context of the trials the character goes through. Obviously, comparing her to fantasy characters with overtly cartoonish designs is rather questionable. I'm interested in your opinion about MaoMao, who is quite a petite woman with a cute design and a "childish appearance". Especially considering how the show portrays women her age and older. Was she meant to be a child?

Now you have already begun to suspect that I am a pedophile because I questioned your moral panic. Do you really not realize what it looks like from the outside? Also, if you are going to continue to spread such prejudices about Japanese culture, then you clearly need to refresh your memory about Western, especially some ancient myths and concepts of education. If you are referring to the Tale of Genji, then such a motif is not a Japanese invention, not to mention that this chronicle was written by a noble woman as a wish fulfillment of women of that time about the ideal caring man. You should definitely increase your awareness of Japanese culture before spreading such prejudices.
RobertBobertMar 28, 1:18 PM
Mar 28, 1:49 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Kenzolo-folk Kobeni is an adult woman who works for a government agency and always wears a formal suit. I would also draw a line between working inexperience and childishness, especially in the context of the trials the character goes through. Obviously, comparing her to fantasy characters with overtly cartoonish designs is rather questionable. I'm interested in your opinion about MaoMao, who is quite a petite woman with a cute design and a "childish appearance". Especially considering how the show portrays women her age and older. Was she meant to be a child?

Now you have already begun to suspect that I am a pedophile because I questioned your moral panic. Do you really not realize what it looks like from the outside? Also, if you are going to continue to spread such prejudices about Japanese culture, then you clearly need to refresh your memory about Western, especially some ancient myths and concepts of education. If you are referring to the Tale of Genji, then such a motif is not a Japanese invention, not to mention that this chronicle was written by a noble woman as a wish fulfillment of women of that time about the ideal caring man. You should definitely increase your awareness of Japanese culture before spreading such prejudices.
@RobertBobert
If Tatsuki Fujimoto (chainsawman) wanted to make a loli character, he could and it would make sense within his art style. His artstyle is not as cartoonish as Re:zeros, but its still cartoonish/very anime nontheless.
I dont understand your first point- kobeni works at a government agency so I cant compare her to lolis because shes inherently mature for having a job and wearing formal attire? There are tons of lolis with very, very mature roles in their stories that look like children. Re-explain this point if you can.

MaoMao according to her wiki is 17, so I dont expect her to resemble an adult, even though 17 is quite grown. She's still technically a teenager so her petite-ness and childish appearance is not that out of the ordinary. If anything shes a rare case where a character actually looks her age.

i am well aware of how fucked western, and pretty much every countrys historic background is. I never implied japanese people are the only ones. However, japan is an example that has an industry with very outdated perspectives that western media has already mostly grown out of. They are STILL making loli content, having weird age gaps, and sexualizing characters to the extreme.

Not a japanese invention? I dont understand. The author is named Murasaki Shikibu, a Japanese novelist. I also never said woman do not also create and enjoy these weird loli characters. Im talking about japan in general.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2:26 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@RobertBobert
If Tatsuki Fujimoto (chainsawman) wanted to make a loli character, he could and it would make sense within his art style. His artstyle is not as cartoonish as Re:zeros, but its still cartoonish/very anime nontheless.
I dont understand your first point- kobeni works at a government agency so I cant compare her to lolis because shes inherently mature for having a job and wearing formal attire? There are tons of lolis with very, very mature roles in their stories that look like children. Re-explain this point if you can.

MaoMao according to her wiki is 17, so I dont expect her to resemble an adult, even though 17 is quite grown. She's still technically a teenager so her petite-ness and childish appearance is not that out of the ordinary. If anything shes a rare case where a character actually looks her age.

i am well aware of how fucked western, and pretty much every countrys historic background is. I never implied japanese people are the only ones. However, japan is an example that has an industry with very outdated perspectives that western media has already mostly grown out of. They are STILL making loli content, having weird age gaps, and sexualizing characters to the extreme.

Not a japanese invention? I dont understand. The author is named Murasaki Shikibu, a Japanese novelist. I also never said woman do not also create and enjoy these weird loli characters. Im talking about japan in general.
@Kenzolo-folk I won't even try to explain how small the age difference is between a 17-year-old girl and a 22-year-old girl, or how weird it is to call The Tale of Genji a "loli fantasy" that for some reason should be taken as the source of modern Japanese worldviews. Or why you can't compare a urban fantassy 22-year-old government-employed woman to a fantasy 22-year-old oriental dancer in a JRPG-inspired show I'll just really stop here, because as I suggested earlier, your point of view is much more important to you than any search for truth in an argument with me.
Mar 28, 2:29 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Kenzolo-folk I won't even try to explain how small the age difference is between a 17-year-old girl and a 22-year-old girl, or how weird it is to call The Tale of Genji a "loli fantasy" that for some reason should be taken as the source of modern Japanese worldviews. Or why you can't compare a urban fantassy 22-year-old government-employed woman to a fantasy 22-year-old oriental dancer in a JRPG-inspired show I'll just really stop here, because as I suggested earlier, your point of view is much more important to you than any search for truth in an argument with me.
@RobertBobert

@RobertBobert
@RobertBobert
A loli character isnt exclusively a fantasy character design. I understand what you mean by that the characters they are trying to achieve are much different aesthetically, but again its not like Lolis cannot exist in fujimotos world, he just chooses not to draw them. In Re:zero there are lots of petite female characters as well that are adults, yet they arent trying to imitate children.

This character in specific IS a loli, and yes lolis are not just petite women with a childlike body. Just like its male counterpart; a male with a prepubescent boy body. these categories exist for creeps. They just have a different name than outright "child-looking grownups" or "pedo-bait" so as to not be stigmatized. The term loli derives from the lolita book, which by definition is a young girl that arouses men through the image of PRECOCIOUS femininity. Precocious is a term for children with adult minds. Lolis are ALL OVER your favorites.

Where did I say that a 22-year-old cannot wear an oriental dancers outfit?? IF you are talking about the loli in re:zero, the age they tell you is completely irrelevant. I believe it when an author tells me a character like kobeni is 22 because she looks like a 22 year old. And the re:zero adults look like their age as well. this loli is proportioned to be a child. So no, she cant wear a traditional oriental outfit if its showing that much and has the clear intention of being lewd, cuz thats creepy as fuck.

Again, you missed my point that even tho both japan and the western world have creepy legends, Japan is the one that is still showcasing this creepy shit in their modern entertainment. Where it would be extremely weird and unusual for a modern western film to come out today about a character representing as a child (even animated) having relations with an older man, that is the norm in todays Japanese animation.

Sure you can blame european culture for the harassment in sleeping beauty, it learned from its creepy norms back then and media like that is not normalized. Today in japan an anime featuring a loli being touched inappropiately by grown men would not be unusual.
Mar 28, 2:53 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to APolygons2
LSSJ_Gaming said:
Genuinely why does anyone care about this?

Personally, I think at least for me, I just despise the idea of ANY limiters being put on fiction for ANY reason.

Cause everyone draws the line of what is ACCEPTABLE at different places, and the more we give room for those lines, the more of them will be drawn. until we get shit like the west thinking removing characters arcs from a kids cartoon is justified because a character starting sexist, and learning to not be sexist anymore is too "iffy". (I'm talking about the new avatar live action)

So, again, at least for me, that's why it's bad.

If this was the original design, I wouldn't complain, the complain is at the act of censorship itself, not the specific thing.
@APolygons2

the issue with an absolutist approach like that is that stuff like these designs are actively meant to titilate pedophiles
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 28, 2:57 PM
Dec 2020
after seeing the original designs, can't really say i care about the one on the left but the one on the right, the original is 10x better
Mar 28, 3:14 PM

Sep 2009
@DreamingBeats
More then obviously you're not caring about the result of this poll.

Most Adults are against censorship. The difference is even more significant then the one between Female and Male. Try to guess who actually has the money to buy things and you'll answer yourself.

I'm Neutral to the designs (maybe OG fit the personality of the characters a little better given one represents "Lust" and one represents a Bard who likes "deviating from the norm", but the new design are good nonetheless), and people will hardly stop supporting or buying things for this.
But censoring is a slippery slope that companies enter and just will continue slipping inside of.
There's example of companies just stepping up the censoring already (e.g. Patreon banning every "non-consnsual nsfw art" and "requesting to demonstrate (fictional) consent" after banning "lolicon")
Mar 28, 3:29 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to DigiCat
@KittenCuddler LMAO are you talking about gamergate??
@DigiCat Gamergate would be an example, but I'm talking about pretty much everything. It was translators last month. The bums come up with some stupid stuff to fake outrage over every month, and pretty much every time the targets of their outrage are women and members of minority groups.

@-Ryu I have never seen one of their videos, but just from looking at the thumbnail I feel confident that I 100% agree with you.
Mar 28, 3:52 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Female/anti-censorship/over 18

Censorship makes zero sense to me since the problematic content is gonna be there, regardless. You can censor for instance, rape/murder scenes, but it still happened in the series regardless.
Mar 28, 3:54 PM

May 2021
Reply to KittenCuddler
@DigiCat Gamergate would be an example, but I'm talking about pretty much everything. It was translators last month. The bums come up with some stupid stuff to fake outrage over every month, and pretty much every time the targets of their outrage are women and members of minority groups.

@-Ryu I have never seen one of their videos, but just from looking at the thumbnail I feel confident that I 100% agree with you.
@KittenCuddler Translators changing the meaning of things while adapting stories is not a valid reason to critisise them??

That has nothing to do with if the translators are women or minorities, it has to do with them not doing their job properly

There is a difference between locolization and completely changing the original meaning of something
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 28, 3:54 PM

May 2014
I don't really care what clothes they put on the drawings. If I had to choose I'd want them to keep things as they are though.
Mar 28, 3:56 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@APolygons2

the issue with an absolutist approach like that is that stuff like these designs are actively meant to titilate pedophiles
@LSSJ_Gaming

1. I don't think someone who is attracted to lolis in anime is necessarily a pedo, the same way not everyone wants to bang their siblings despite incest being the most popular nsfw tag.

2. Even If It did cater towards pedos..... who gives a shit? it's a drawing, it's not like it's actually hurting anyone. the reason paedophilia is bad is because it can lead to children being hurt, so even if I did agree with something like this being for them, which I don't, I still wouldn't give a crap. cause it's not real, nor is it hurting anyone.

unless your argument is that lolis CREATE pedos, in which case that is so stupid to say that I won't even entertain you.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Mar 28, 3:56 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Reply to DigiCat
Looking up the characters... what i find even weirder is that they shrunk Liliana's (blond one) already small boobs making her look even more like a kid when she is in fact a 22 year old adult
@DigiCat Seems like western people scared with bikini so no wonder if they replace all bikini with strapless bh like this one lollll

Mar 28, 3:59 PM

May 2021
I mean, if it's portraited as author intended, then I don't see a problem. But if they just decide to censor an anime "for the audience", than it's BS.
Mar 28, 4:04 PM

Jan 2019
WHY THIS THREAD IS POPULAR NOBODY CARES!

PROOF OF NOBODY CARES:
https://twitter.com/Okeanix1/status/1773318059048001835

Omg. Why people who aren't even read Re:Zero complains stuff? Author is part of anime staff, supervising everything. Author doesn't care, why you do?

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Mar 28, 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
ITT: Anime fans losing their shit because the majority of the western world thinks sexualized children is pedophilic.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 28, 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Okeanix
WHY THIS THREAD IS POPULAR NOBODY CARES!

PROOF OF NOBODY CARES:
https://twitter.com/Okeanix1/status/1773318059048001835

Omg. Why people who aren't even read Re:Zero complains stuff? Author is part of anime staff, supervising everything. Author doesn't care, why you do?
@Okeanix Do you seriously believe that the fact that the trailer did not receive the same negative reaction as the trailer of the disastrous Megamind 2 means that fans do not care about this issue at all? Who do you take ReZero fans to be? Do you really believe that the design changes for two minor characters are either no one's concern or a matter of the level of appreciation for the entire show for us? For a fanboy who clearly loves this show, you have very strange views on our fandom.

And why couldn't you post the screenshots here? Were you trying to get attention on your Twitter account this way lmao? And yes, the fact that the author apparently agreed with this, arpiori means that these changes were correct and you cannot criticize them?
RobertBobertMar 28, 4:30 PM
Mar 28, 4:29 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to RobertBobert
@Okeanix Do you seriously believe that the fact that the trailer did not receive the same negative reaction as the trailer of the disastrous Megamind 2 means that fans do not care about this issue at all? Who do you take ReZero fans to be? Do you really believe that the design changes for two minor characters are either no one's concern or a matter of the level of appreciation for the entire show for us? For a fanboy who clearly loves this show, you have very strange views on our fandom.

And why couldn't you post the screenshots here? Were you trying to get attention on your Twitter account this way lmao? And yes, the fact that the author apparently agreed with this, arpiori means that these changes were correct and you cannot criticize them?
@RobertBobert People who think Tappei cares about any character design don't know Tappei at all. The man didn't even know Emilia's appearance until Otsuka (the LN artist) drew her for him.

If the author doesn't care, nobody should care. Tappei wants Re:Zero to be a worldwide story and wants everyone to experience it. That's why he posted it on Webnovel for FREE in the first place. He doesn't even force people to buy the LNs.

Yes, complaints about censorship—which isn't even censorship since these characters have never appeared in the anime before—are not important and are made by an anti-censorship cult that doesn't care about Re:Zero at all.

Mar 28, 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Okeanix
@RobertBobert People who think Tappei cares about any character design don't know Tappei at all. The man didn't even know Emilia's appearance until Otsuka (the LN artist) drew her for him.

If the author doesn't care, nobody should care. Tappei wants Re:Zero to be a worldwide story and wants everyone to experience it. That's why he posted it on Webnovel for FREE in the first place. He doesn't even force people to buy the LNs.

Yes, complaints about censorship—which isn't even censorship since these characters have never appeared in the anime before—are not important and are made by an anti-censorship cult that doesn't care about Re:Zero at all.

@Okeanix So, you literally want to tell me now that the author can prohibit fans from having certain opinions about the content? Or even not the author himself, but you on his behalf? Lol, I really understated your relationship with the show when I called you just a fanboy. What if I told you that silencing inconvenient opinions is the worst way to protect your loved work?

P.S. Your attempts to imply that those criticizing the changes are not "real fans" is quite funny (although the unironic use of "fake fans" is funny in itself), considering how many people in this thread who genuinely don't like ReZero and therefore defending changes to annoy the fans.
Mar 28, 4:43 PM
Feb 2024
To be honest, only the first season is worth watching. So I'm not really surprised they're using the third season as an attempt to milk the franchise like that. In any case, an important fact we must remember is that we watch anime because of its particular characteristics. Because it is made in Japan, by japanese creators. There are many things as small as they might be that make anime different from other types of animation. Trying to appeal to "an international audience" by stripping anime of its particular characteristics is a grave misunderstanding. Anime has developed such a wide and international audience because of the characteristics they're trying to censor, and that goes way beyond sexy outfits.
Mar 28, 4:46 PM

Apr 2012
@Okeanix Ahaha. Did you seriously think that insulting my favorite character and her fans in general would actually show you in a favorable light, and not devalue your position on this issue even more? It's like you're trying to hit bingo of the aggressive fanboy stereotypes. Not that the ReZero fandom wasn't notorious for the toxicity of anything waifus related...
Mar 28, 4:48 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to RobertBobert
@Okeanix Ahaha. Did you seriously think that insulting my favorite character and her fans in general would actually show you in a favorable light, and not devalue your position on this issue even more? It's like you're trying to hit bingo of the aggressive fanboy stereotypes. Not that the ReZero fandom wasn't notorious for the toxicity of anything waifus related...
@RobertBobert Being Rem fan already proves you don't understand Re:Zero. I'm confused as the Author on this topic.

Mar 28, 4:50 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to 0063873192871
To be honest, only the first season is worth watching. So I'm not really surprised they're using the third season as an attempt to milk the franchise like that. In any case, an important fact we must remember is that we watch anime because of its particular characteristics. Because it is made in Japan, by japanese creators. There are many things as small as they might be that make anime different from other types of animation. Trying to appeal to "an international audience" by stripping anime of its particular characteristics is a grave misunderstanding. Anime has developed such a wide and international audience because of the characteristics they're trying to censor, and that goes way beyond sexy outfits.
@0063873192871 Re:Zero is written to be as 12 Arcs (200+ episodes)

What do you even mean?

Also Re:Zero Season 2 is much better than Season 1.

"MILKING", shows you don't understand anything about the series.

Mar 28, 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Okeanix
@RobertBobert Being Rem fan already proves you don't understand Re:Zero. I'm confused as the Author on this topic.
@Okeanix I don’t even know what to answer, because considering what you are now writing here and on my wall, any answer I have can be perceived as bait.
Mar 28, 4:54 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Okeanix
@0063873192871 Re:Zero is written to be as 12 Arcs (200+ episodes)

What do you even mean?

Also Re:Zero Season 2 is much better than Season 1.

"MILKING", shows you don't understand anything about the series.
@Okeanix And? Ever heard of personal opinions? I find the first season to be the only interesting one. By the second season it has already gotten formulaic and repetitive. The fact it is written to have 200+ episodes only reiterates the fact that most of it is pointless milking.

Anyhow, that part of my comment is almost irrelevant. Read the rest of it, that's the important part.
Mar 28, 4:54 PM

Sep 2009
Kinda funny how the "pro-censorship" camp has been the worst in actual harassment here
Mar 28, 4:57 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to 0063873192871
@Okeanix And? Ever heard of personal opinions? I find the first season to be the only interesting one. By the second season it has already gotten formulaic and repetitive. The fact it is written to have 200+ episodes only reiterates the fact that most of it is pointless milking.

Anyhow, that part of my comment is almost irrelevant. Read the rest of it, that's the important part.
@0063873192871 How can you say Season 2 is repetitive and formulaic when it's completely different from Season 1? That's primarily why you didn't like it—because it's different. Laughing my ass off.

If a story is written to span over 200+ episodes, it's the opposite of milking. It has a vast world, rich lore, and a story that needs to be fleshed out over 10 seasons.

Mar 28, 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to HakuNoKaemi
Kinda funny how the "pro-censorship" camp has been the worst in actual harassment here
@HakuNoKaemi
It's always like this. Pro-censorship, pro-localization (vandalism), dub watchers and pro-cultural swap clowns are always the most toxic, the most xenophobic, racist, the most ignorant and the most illogical beings in existence.

I am surprised by the result of this poll. The vast majority (what they call the vocal minority - how ironic) are (thankfully) still against both censorship and cultural appropriation/colonialism.
rsc-plMar 28, 5:16 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 28, 5:13 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert You shouldn't bother discussing with ragebaiters like Kenzolo and LSSJ. No one should, in fact. They're the chimeric abominations born out of the weird moralism that formed in twitter and reddit over the past 10 or so years. Assuming they're actually saying what they think, of course. Prolly just pointless ragebait as I've said. In case they are for real, damn, they should really get a job and start watching old black and white cinema that only had 50 year old looking people and absolutely not a single glimpse of a woman's underwear (nor of a pretty woman), instead of obsessing over lolis while trying to get kids to cut off their genitals and making political campaign in favor of old men in pedo rings. That (sticking to old, sterile cinema) doesn't happen, of course, because you had not many crossdresser characters in those movies, which these people like to identify with in order to make long twitter rants about how a character is in fact trans instead of just feminine. Which is funny, because the original purpose of such characters was almost always just fanservice from the start. Anyway... you get the idea.
Mar 28, 5:15 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to rsc-pl
@HakuNoKaemi
It's always like this. Pro-censorship, pro-localization (vandalism), dub watchers and pro-cultural swap clowns are always the most toxic, the most xenophobic, racist, the most ignorant and the most illogical beings in existence.

I am surprised by the result of this poll. The vast majority (what they call the vocal minority - how ironic) are (thankfully) still against both censorship and cultural appropriation/colonialism.
@rsc-pl True. Read my last post. These people are a disease.
Mar 28, 5:29 PM

Nov 2015
Why bother changing it? Who exactly is benefiting from the altered design? And it’s covering up a few more square inches of exposed skin than the original so I don’t see how that’s really any better for people who have a problem with these types of characters.
and i guess

that i just don't know
Mar 28, 5:42 PM

Oct 2022
WOW. That escalated quickly!

I see the be4 and aft from what people posted, and just judging from the character designs themselves and NOT the motivation for the changes (what ever they are) I don't mind the changes. Looks okay. And in any case all I care about in ReZero is FELIX and neither of those girls is him so, don't care.
Mar 28, 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to HakuNoKaemi
@HakuNoKaemi It's always like this, buzzwords galore (especially calling peopled pedo over and over) and shit talking those who have actual arguments.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 28, 8:34 PM
Oct 2019
Male, over 18, generally against censorship,but it's case-by-case.

I'm unfamiliar with the original designs, but I think these "censored" versions look fine.
Mar 28, 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
female under 18 against censorship

even tho I am against censorship, in this case I really dont see the problem. She looks like a child yet shes wearing a really revealing outfit and it emphasizes her boobs. Of course the original intention was to make this character appear hot, and thats kinda odd when she looks like a literal child

its still so crazy to me how children in anime is sexualized yet everybody glosses over it because theyre drawings? it makes no sense to me.
@Kenzolo-folk Why can't anime sexualize children?

I agree that it's fetish-y, and shouldn't be a completely "normal" aspect of a show, but in a more "adult" context, what's the problem? Sure, the gut reaction of the average person would likely be disgust, but that's not related to the objective reality of lolicon as a hentai fetish, it's a reaction related to the real harm and CSA of the most vulnerable minority. There's a massive, cavernous gulf, between these two concepts, and yet they're inevitably lumped together. There's also a massive amount of misinformation in regards to pedophilia itself, paranoia is rampant.

Of course, I completely understand why the outfits were altered, and crying "censorship" feels overly dramatic.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 28, 9:05 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
@Kenzolo-folk Why can't anime sexualize children?

I agree that it's fetish-y, and shouldn't be a completely "normal" aspect of a show, but in a more "adult" context, what's the problem? Sure, the gut reaction of the average person would likely be disgust, but that's not related to the objective reality of lolicon as a hentai fetish, it's a reaction related to the real harm and CSA of the most vulnerable minority. There's a massive, cavernous gulf, between these two concepts, and yet they're inevitably lumped together. There's also a massive amount of misinformation in regards to pedophilia itself, paranoia is rampant.

Of course, I completely understand why the outfits were altered, and crying "censorship" feels overly dramatic.
@LostSpectre
just admit youre a pedophile dude, you dont need to say this extra crap. hopefully you get some help
Mar 28, 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@LostSpectre
just admit youre a pedophile dude, you dont need to say this extra crap. hopefully you get some help
@Kenzolo-folk Ah. A very thought provoking and nuanced take.
Mar 28, 9:15 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to 0063873192871
@RobertBobert You shouldn't bother discussing with ragebaiters like Kenzolo and LSSJ. No one should, in fact. They're the chimeric abominations born out of the weird moralism that formed in twitter and reddit over the past 10 or so years. Assuming they're actually saying what they think, of course. Prolly just pointless ragebait as I've said. In case they are for real, damn, they should really get a job and start watching old black and white cinema that only had 50 year old looking people and absolutely not a single glimpse of a woman's underwear (nor of a pretty woman), instead of obsessing over lolis while trying to get kids to cut off their genitals and making political campaign in favor of old men in pedo rings. That (sticking to old, sterile cinema) doesn't happen, of course, because you had not many crossdresser characters in those movies, which these people like to identify with in order to make long twitter rants about how a character is in fact trans instead of just feminine. Which is funny, because the original purpose of such characters was almost always just fanservice from the start. Anyway... you get the idea.
@0063873192871
I dislike the entire culture of twitter and cancel culture in general. I dont think minors should be cutting off their genitals, or that cultural appropiation is hardly a real thing.
I just find it disturbing that drawings imitating children are meant to be sexual. Unsurpisingly, 30+ year old men who do nothing with their lives except watch anime and porn all day are convincing me into thinking somehow this mindset is wrong, or im ragebaiting?

I dont think sexual content/implication concerning women is all inherently wrong. But when the character looks and acts like a child im obviously going to be disturbed. the hell is wrong with you people..
Mar 28, 9:17 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
@Kenzolo-folk Ah. A very thought provoking and nuanced take.
@LostSpectre

How am I supposed to take what you say seriously when you begin with: "why is sexualizing children in anime wrong"
Because children arent supposed to have anything to do with sex? Its pedophilic. What more do I have to explain?
Mar 28, 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@LostSpectre

How am I supposed to take what you say seriously when you begin with: "why is sexualizing children in anime wrong"
Because children arent supposed to have anything to do with sex? Its pedophilic. What more do I have to explain?
@Kenzolo-folk Sure. If we're talking about real children, then I wholeheartedly agree with you. Yet, surely you're not implying there's no difference here between reality and fiction? A term like "pedophilic" means next to nothing when it's in regard to a fictional, non-human looking cartoon. As I said, the outrage here is only in regard to real CSA, it has virtually nothing to do with a drawing, itself. But hey, if your viewpoint is critical of all "immoral" sexual fantasy, then I can respect that, at least you wouldn't be a hypocrite.
Mar 28, 9:40 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
@Kenzolo-folk Sure. If we're talking about real children, then I wholeheartedly agree with you. Yet, surely you're not implying there's no difference here between reality and fiction? A term like "pedophilic" means next to nothing when it's in regard to a fictional, non-human looking cartoon. As I said, the outrage here is only in regard to real CSA, it has virtually nothing to do with a drawing, itself. But hey, if your viewpoint is critical of all "immoral" sexual fantasy, then I can respect that, at least you wouldn't be a hypocrite.
@LostSpectre

You guys continue to safeguard yourself in this "buts its just fiction.. its not real life" argument like nothing else. I understand its not a real person, but anime characters still look like humans. You prefer seeing hot anime human women over- idfk, a sexualized furry beastar type shit- because it resembles a human and thats what youre attracted to in real life. When anime characters are drawn like a prepubescent child, given childlike personality, voice, and style, it is trying to appeal to a creeps fantasy. Im telling you right now that it is NOT normal to be into these loli people. A normal male would not find these anime women attractive, it would be disturbing.
Mar 28, 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
@kenzolo-folk Also, I should emphasize that lolicon has virtually nothing to do with real children, only anime children. The purpose of lolicon as an art style/movement was to capture "cute eroticism" of specifically, anime style characters. The intention here is not to emulate or sexualize real children, that's simply an extension of anime as it relates to humans in general. I can see where that sounds like cope, but it's an important distinction. lol
Mar 28, 9:48 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
@kenzolo-folk Also, I should emphasize that lolicon has virtually nothing to do with real children, only anime children. The purpose of lolicon as an art style/movement was to capture "cute eroticism" of specifically, anime style characters. The intention here is not to emulate or sexualize real children, that's simply an extension of anime as it relates to humans in general. I can see where that sounds like cope, but it's an important distinction. lol
@LostSpectre

Loli derives from the word lolita of the same name from a book. Lolita by definition is: Very young girl who arouses male desire through the image of precocious femininity.

Keywords: VERY young girl, and precocious
precocious is a word given typically to children that exhibit adult capabilities.
Its another segment of male fantasies where they prefer immature women because they are too dumb to recognize the males incompetence or loser personality.
Mar 28, 9:49 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@LostSpectre

You guys continue to safeguard yourself in this "buts its just fiction.. its not real life" argument like nothing else. I understand its not a real person, but anime characters still look like humans. You prefer seeing hot anime human women over- idfk, a sexualized furry beastar type shit- because it resembles a human and thats what youre attracted to in real life. When anime characters are drawn like a prepubescent child, given childlike personality, voice, and style, it is trying to appeal to a creeps fantasy. Im telling you right now that it is NOT normal to be into these loli people. A normal male would not find these anime women attractive, it would be disturbing.
@Kenzolo-folk Oh, I agree with you that it's disturbing (taboo), even if fictional, we're talking about underage sexualization of smaller, more childlike bodies. Of course, this varies wildly in terms of the body type being depicted, and in the vast majority of cases these characters will be drawn with exaggerated sexual features, as they are still intended to appeal to "normal" heterosexual males, you can see this demonstrated between the two original Re:Zero designs, although Capella could be a petite woman, given a more mature art style. It's unquestionably fetishistic, but it's also completely normal (in terms of brain chemistry) to be aroused by such things.
Mar 28, 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@LostSpectre

Loli derives from the word lolita of the same name from a book. Lolita by definition is: Very young girl who arouses male desire through the image of precocious femininity.

Keywords: VERY young girl, and precocious
precocious is a word given typically to children that exhibit adult capabilities.
Its another segment of male fantasies where they prefer immature women because they are too dumb to recognize the males incompetence or loser personality.
@Kenzolo-folk Sure, lolicon is a portmanteaux of lolita complex, this is well known. That's not what I'm talking about, the point I'm making is that lolicon is essentially an "underage" hentai fetish, it's tangential to real children only by proximity, the focus is on anime, and it relates primarily to anime stylized characters, the intention is not to emulate child porn.
Mar 28, 10:03 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@0063873192871
I dislike the entire culture of twitter and cancel culture in general. I dont think minors should be cutting off their genitals, or that cultural appropiation is hardly a real thing.
I just find it disturbing that drawings imitating children are meant to be sexual. Unsurpisingly, 30+ year old men who do nothing with their lives except watch anime and porn all day are convincing me into thinking somehow this mindset is wrong, or im ragebaiting?

I dont think sexual content/implication concerning women is all inherently wrong. But when the character looks and acts like a child im obviously going to be disturbed. the hell is wrong with you people..
@Kenzolo-folk Whatever you say. If you're bothered with "30+ year old men who do nothing with their lives except watch anime and porn all day" then you shouldn't be here. Not because such statement is true regarding the people on the site, but because if you think that way, then you're pointlessly out of place. Furthermore, you're the one acting like you're a lifeless moron by calling others pedos. Just look at your profile. If you're so bothered by what's part of a huge if not the majority of anime then you're just asking to get mad all the time like the vapid teen drama queen you are. What agency on all of this do you think you have? Clueless 17 year old girls like you should be watching K-Dramas and Josei instead of acting like you have anything relevant to say on this subject.
Mar 28, 10:06 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
@Kenzolo-folk Sure, lolicon is a portmanteaux of lolita complex, this is well known. That's not what I'm talking about, the point I'm making is that lolicon is essentially an "underage" hentai fetish, it's tangential to real children only by proximity, the focus is on anime, and it relates primarily to anime stylized characters, the intention is not to emulate child porn.
@LostSpectre

the "anime style" is meant to emphasize desirable characteristics of humans. Slim bodies, huge pretty eyes, small nose etc,. Theres nothing anime characters have that a regular human doesnt, its just hugely exaggerated. This also extends to "underage hentai fetish" which is just a cope way of saying animated child porn. The loli hentai accentuates whats already desirable of real life children- small bodies, high pitched voices, vulnerability, stupidity, etc,. This stuff is not meant for other children to enjoy (which still would be strange..), its meant for ADULTS. which is still, obviously unusual and creepy.
The intention is to emulate children. And the emulated children in said animated show is doing sexual stuff. Which is still.. animated... child.. porn.
Kenzolo-folkMar 28, 10:10 PM
Mar 28, 10:14 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@LostSpectre

the "anime style" is meant to emphasize desirable characteristics of humans. Slim bodies, huge pretty eyes, small nose etc,. Theres nothing anime characters have that a regular human doesnt, its just hugely exaggerated. This also extends to "underage hentai fetish" which is just a cope way of saying animated child porn. The loli hentai accentuates whats already desirable of real life children- small bodies, high pitched voices, vulnerability, stupidity, etc,. This stuff is not meant for other children to enjoy (which still would be strange..), its meant for ADULTS. which is still, obviously unusual and creepy.
The intention is to emulate children. And the emulated children in said animated show is doing sexual stuff. Which is still.. animated... child.. porn.
@Kenzolo-folk If your only argument is that anime characters are anime stylized depictions of humans, then sure, that's exactly what they are. When I say an "underage" hentai fetish, all I'm trying to say is that it's an extension of "normal" porn itself, there's nothing new about "barely legal" teens in live action porn, this has always been a taboo element. I don't care in the slightest if you say animated child porn, it means nothing, like saying animated murder, and expecting there to be a human corpse. Funny that you talk about what is "desirable" in real children, because I would say many of those attributes apply to normal female characters. Sure, the reasons lolicon is taboo apply tangentially to children, but this just isn't very novel or interesting when it comes to sexual fantasy.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

10 by Theo1899 »»
5 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Apr 25

10 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

51 by luckyrune »»
24 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by Spunkert »»
32 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

27 by Prupel1 »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.