Article

Feb 21, 11:12 AM

Feb 2020
Ok. That's definitely something new.

Nom nom.

SerafosFeb 21, 11:18 AM
Feb 21, 11:16 AM

Sep 2016
Will President Trap-kun be the first in line?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 21, 11:20 AM

Jun 2019
I would definitely watch it (at least initially give it a shot) since I watched every episode of and fully enjoyed The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald cartoon series from the late 90s (actually closer to when it first came out, but I've rewatched some of it periodically since).

Anyone interested in this should check that short series out, even if it feels at first like it will just be one giant extended commercial.

Now I just require a Wendy Thomas hentai.
WatchTillTandavaFeb 21, 11:23 AM
Feb 21, 11:21 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
That looks godawful. It's like they tried to design every character with a different, yet somewhat recognizable artstyle. It's like they're trying to rip off as many anime styles in hopes that people will watch it "cuz that character reminds me of the anime XYZ".

Also, since it's officially sponsored by McDonalds, why is it called "WcDonalds"?
Feb 21, 11:22 AM

May 2019
Ah yes finally the minimum wage anime we've all been waiting for.

Feb 21, 11:24 AM

Oct 2016
Who made that commercial from last year?
Feb 21, 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
anime attracts kids and kids are future customers for mcdonalds
Feb 21, 11:27 AM

Nov 2023
Lol. Black Clover and Boruto died for this
Feb 21, 11:30 AM

Dec 2022
I imagine this will make the rounds across the internet for about a week for its inherent cheap brand novelty, only to be promptly forgotten once said novelty wears off. Given its presumed lack of ambition for anything other than referencing itself (or other brands and media), and the differing artstyles for every second character; it's probably going to appeal to people who would usually watch western adult sitcoms. Hopefully they enjoy it, but I'm expecting this to be exactly what you'd assume it would be from a glance.

Shaded Horizon

Feb 21, 11:36 AM

Nov 2020
I wish they would make a full length anime with this family where the mother and daughter had orange hair, it was the cutest McDonald's commercial
Feb 21, 11:52 AM

Jan 2022
is McDonald's even good? never had it but I only hear people talking sh"t about it
Feb 21, 11:58 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to LenRea
is McDonald's even good? never had it but I only hear people talking sh"t about it
@LenRea, usual semi-finished products and fast food, nothing new.
Feb 21, 12:05 PM

Mar 2023
And i who thought that the anime industry could not get any lower.
Feb 21, 1:21 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
That looks godawful. It's like they tried to design every character with a different, yet somewhat recognizable artstyle. It's like they're trying to rip off as many anime styles in hopes that people will watch it "cuz that character reminds me of the anime XYZ".

Also, since it's officially sponsored by McDonalds, why is it called "WcDonalds"?
@BigBoyAdvance I think they're in shorts with each episode going to be a different style. I don't see the problem with that

Feb 21, 1:30 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I call dibz on the pink haired girl in bottom right
Feb 21, 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
we already have anime shorts of McDonald, such as
未来のワタシ from Studio コロリド (Colorido)
or, My future self.

and of course, we also had anime commercials such as

and

so a short anime for McDonald is not something new, really.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 21, 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
I always said the only way I'd eat there again is if it came with a side of anime tiddies. They called my bluff.
Feb 21, 1:38 PM

Nov 2021
I'll watch it. Can't be any worse than the second season of reborn as a slime.
Taiga best girl forever.
Feb 21, 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
Yep, that settles it. Ted Kaczynski was right.
Take care of yourself

Feb 21, 2:44 PM
Jun 2021
>McDonalds wants to sell slop to Japanese kids so they can be as fat as Muricans
Yeah, no, no anime will ever make me eat that trash, let alone get employed there.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Feb 21, 2:46 PM

Dec 2023
Won't watch it, as I'd just get hungry for garbage.
Girls like girls.
Feb 21, 5:42 PM

Dec 2012
Didn't we already get one? It's called The Devil is a Part-timer.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 21, 5:48 PM

Dec 2021
This is going to be so dumb, yet it'll somehow be better than 2/3s of the other anime released alongside it.
Feb 21, 5:52 PM

Mar 2008
This feels like some sneaky attempt to copyright WcDonalds and prevent anime and manga from making fun of their food.
Feb 21, 7:37 PM
Jun 2023
Minimum wage the anime lol
its a joke right? xD
Feb 21, 8:28 PM
Aug 2022
So they're releasing not an actual full fledged anime series, but merely "four episodic shorts"....

Okay. I've seen worse.
Feb 21, 8:34 PM

Dec 2021
Nah fam, we need more Lupin III McDonald's commercials, not this.

Gimme a 3-4 episode (Full length episodes) short series that somehow solely revolves around the Lupin gang and McDonald's, and I'll watch that shit instantly. Seeing everybody break character to shill McDonald's was unusually funny the first time, so it'd probably be just as good the second time. Jigen ordering with a smartphone, Goemon eating something other than traditional Japanese food, I need more of it.
Daviljoe193Feb 21, 8:39 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Feb 21, 8:40 PM

Oct 2022
Why are the designs for the characters so inconsistent?
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Feb 22, 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
If they are making an anime for the real McDonald's then why is the M logo inverted!? Also why is there a robot there!?
Feb 22, 2:34 PM
Jan 2024
iv been waiting to see if this ends up going on mal they even released the characters today
Feb 23, 3:32 AM

Oct 2021
I'm going to watch it if possible. This seems to be interesting, ngl.
Feb 24, 1:19 AM

Jan 2021
I'm not watching it

Commercialization is getting out of hand
Mar 27, 5:49 AM

Jan 2020
Sooo... why isn't it on MAL? Just askin' lol
Mar 27, 6:11 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Pitto_
Sooo... why isn't it on MAL? Just askin' lol
@Pitto_ It used to be, but then it got removed. Not familiar enough with the reasoning given on the MAL anime database rules to know why though.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Mar 27, 12:50 PM

Nov 2017
This cover picture looks extremely ordinary and characters look cartoonish
Also why there is a robot is this a mecha series
Mar 27, 11:49 PM

Jul 2017
I saw a few episodes of the shorts, and they weren't really anything crazy, but I did realize something: the W in WcDonald's is like the W in Wumbo, Wario, and Weeb lol

Their limited edition paper bags were surprisingly quite nice too.

Mar 28, 12:19 AM
May 2018
They can't do that!!! Wcdonald already existed (in Stein's Gate if I rmember correctly, otherwise it's another one, but I KNOW someone had already made Wcdo xD).
Aside from that, the characters look cool.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Mar 28, 12:32 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Dante012
They can't do that!!! Wcdonald already existed (in Stein's Gate if I rmember correctly, otherwise it's another one, but I KNOW someone had already made Wcdo xD).
Aside from that, the characters look cool.
@Dante012 WcDonald's was also in the 2008 OVA It's a Rumic World: 50th Anniversary Weekly★Shonen Sunday...

Though yeah, there's probably something that could've shown up even earlier than that example too.
Mar 29, 7:15 AM

Nov 2019
Aint no way, this shit is going to be immaculate. Cant wait.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

19 by DigiCat »»
30 seconds ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

5 by nishant0 »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

23 by Kurgo »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 6 hours ago

13 by 23feanor »»
22 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

14 by LoveYourEyes »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.