Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2023 4:24 AM

Oct 2013
So many threads about voodoo have been appearing on MAL in the recent weeks. They are obivously created by spambots, but hey, it's an interesting topic to talk about.

Do y'all believe in voodoo spells? I don't, by the way.
Nov 4, 2023 5:14 AM

Feb 2020
I do believe in ways to cause misfortune and illnesses (and death) to someone unknowingly from afar as it were, probably mostly used as a control factor. Don't know how it's done though.
My Mother came to hear of some strange happenings when she was trying to get help and treatment for us all, we were up against pretty powerful people who put us in a cover-up and denied many truths about what happened to us.
So yes, totally believe it, just not sure if it's necessarily voodoo though.
Nov 4, 2023 5:16 AM

Jul 2021
Of course I don't. I'm not superstitious.
Nov 4, 2023 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
Nah, everything that just requires belief without even a shred of objective evidence is just superstition to me. Sure, it'd be nice if you could curse someone you really don't like and cause them misfortune, I'm sure we all wished we could do that at one point but that's not really how reality works.
Nov 4, 2023 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
I'm more interested to become a time mage rather than black mage

Nov 4, 2023 11:33 AM

Oct 2018
Yes. Its something that I'll never get involved in, though.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Nov 4, 2023 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
I am not a believer in real life voodoo spells, but I am a fan of seeing voodoo in anime.

Nov 4, 2023 7:48 PM

Dec 2016

Sure, I do. Now, arise chicken arise! ARISE CJICJEN!!!

Nov 4, 2023 9:03 PM

Jul 2022
In my opinion, I don't think this can exist, but it's also not impossible for it not to exist. I don't know if it's selfish of me to say that I believe in God but don't believe in spells, voodoo from other religions, or even some words from the Bible. Well, I believe in a celestial being who may hold the title of 'creator of the universe,' but I don't follow any religion.
> Hi! I'm Levi from Brazil
Nov 9, 2023 2:08 AM
Jul 2021
🤣🤣 Same ppl that believe in this, or say they "practice" it will call every name under the rainbow to anyone that says the same thing of God/Christianity, or like ppl from the left call it "made up sky daddy"🤣🤣

The hypocrisy of the left is one of the main reason why I made my bags and left the left behind and never looked back.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 9, 2023 2:46 AM

Mar 2008
kusairo said:
I am not a believer in real life voodoo spells, but I am a fan of seeing voodoo in anime.

Nope not Voodoo. It's ushi no toki mairi
Nov 9, 2023 3:17 AM

May 2013
My theory is that voodoo is the practice of raising the dead. So, it can be effective. But for most people it's nothing to worry about... you aren't a dead man walking! ;)
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 9, 2023 4:02 AM

Dec 2018
I believe in the paranormal and I know that there are powers and energies in this universe we can't see or understand nor really explain. I don't really like to call it ghost goblins or voodoo magic. Just energy that we don't grasp or can see, the same as black holes ones were, or dark matter

And just to be on the safe side I would NEVER touch a Ouija board mess with black magic or voodoo stuff or dig in a native american burial ground

Maybe nothing would happen but why risk it =P

Nov 9, 2023 4:15 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to Dawizz
🤣🤣 Same ppl that believe in this, or say they "practice" it will call every name under the rainbow to anyone that says the same thing of God/Christianity, or like ppl from the left call it "made up sky daddy"🤣🤣

The hypocrisy of the left is one of the main reason why I made my bags and left the left behind and never looked back.
@Dawizz Not really, only those Christians (or any other believers for that matter) who feel the need to be a piece of shit that hurts others because their God(s) told them so.
Nov 9, 2023 4:17 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to Yuri-Crusader
I believe in the paranormal and I know that there are powers and energies in this universe we can't see or understand nor really explain. I don't really like to call it ghost goblins or voodoo magic. Just energy that we don't grasp or can see, the same as black holes ones were, or dark matter

And just to be on the safe side I would NEVER touch a Ouija board mess with black magic or voodoo stuff or dig in a native american burial ground

Maybe nothing would happen but why risk it =P

Yuri-Crusader said:
Just energy that we don't grasp or can see, the same as black holes ones were, or dark matter
This is my take as well, I wouldn't call it made up bullshit because science still hasn't explained or discovered a lot of things so there's always a possibility but I won't immediately jump the gun either and say it's ghosts or curses or something before looking at it from a logical viewpoint.
Nov 9, 2023 4:58 AM

May 2023
I made a joke about voodoo dolls once around one of my black friends, and he got kind of offended cause his mother was Haitian and told me not to joke about that kind of stuff. So, it actually seems shunned in some cultures to not take this sort of stuff seriously.
>implying we can discuss /a/ Anime & Manga
Nov 9, 2023 5:52 AM

Mar 2008
ghostsamurai said:
I made a joke about voodoo dolls once around one of my black friends, and he got kind of offended cause his mother was Haitian and told me not to joke about that kind of stuff. So, it actually seems shunned in some cultures to not take this sort of stuff seriously.

It could have been more than that. So called "voodoo dolls" dont really particularly have to do with Voudon of Haiti
Nov 9, 2023 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to traed
kusairo said:

Nope not Voodoo. It's ushi no toki mairi
@traed, yep, you are right about that 👌
Nov 9, 2023 10:27 AM
Dec 2017
I think there must be many things science cannot explain yet, including voodoo. It actually scares me lol
Nov 9, 2023 10:49 AM

Jun 2016
Voodoo sounds satanic. Might need an exorcist.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 11, 2023 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to ghostsamurai
@ghostsamurai I mean, it's understandable. Voodoo is an important element of the Haitian culture, after all, and also a religion in which a lot of people believe in. That's why making fun of it can be considered as rude by people to whom it's a part of their own or their ancestors' identity.

I don't believe in it myself, but at the same time I respect people who do. I think it's a wholesome way of interacting with people having different worldviews than your own.

Sadly, in the popular culture, Voodoo is in general presented in an overly simplified way, omitting many basic principles of this system of beliefs, or even going further and describing them in a distorted way.
AdnashNov 12, 2023 5:04 PM
Nov 11, 2023 3:19 PM

Oct 2023
I am personally very cautious about believing in things that have no scientific explanation. That's not to say everything that happens is known by science, but if something that appears "voodoo" occurs I would assume it to be the result of scientific principles that we don't yet understand. I think there will always be some things beyond our comprehension, and since we are quite creative creatures there will always be interesting theories to fill these gaps. The ones that the most rigid I trust the least, I must prefer the people who bring forward a theory but admit they could be wrong.

All this being said these are just the views of one random person on the internet and we're all free to believe what we want, I just enjoy rambling about these things.
Nov 11, 2023 3:23 PM

Aug 2021
i don't really believe in voodoo magic
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2023 8:51 PM

May 2014
no but they can be pretty interesting as a horror element in media if told correctly

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

44 by Rhaelynne »»
4 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

68 by -Jahra »»
50 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.