Forum Settings
Forums

if you could tell your past self advice or anything what would it be?

New
Nov 1, 2023 12:28 PM
Apr 2023
i would tell my past self to take things slow, love myself more than anything and i deserved much more
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2023 12:32 PM
Nov 2021
Id tell my past self how to avoid all mistakes, and tell my past self all the winning lotto numbers.
Nov 1, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
If I had not been in such a hurry to watch Evangelion back in 2007, my life would probably have turned out completely differently. Oh, anyway, I would also ask my past self to be much more serious and passionate about all of my hobbies, which I was clearly much better at then than I am now.
Nov 1, 2023 12:34 PM

Sep 2018
Never go to college, and take student loans. Just immediately join the workforce after highschool.
Nov 1, 2023 12:37 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Tighnnari
Id tell my past self how to avoid all mistakes, and tell my past self all the winning lotto numbers.
@AdamBirch and what would you have done with all the money ?
Nov 1, 2023 12:37 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
If I had not been in such a hurry to watch Evangelion back in 2007, my life would probably have turned out completely differently. Oh, anyway, I would also ask my past self to be much more serious and passionate about all of my hobbies, which I was clearly much better at then than I am now.
@RobertBobert like what hobbies if you don't mind me asking ?
Nov 1, 2023 12:38 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to rohan121
Never go to college, and take student loans. Just immediately join the workforce after highschool.
@rohan121 what major did you chose ? and if you were to do that what career would you have chosen right after highschool
Nov 1, 2023 12:39 PM
Nov 2021
@deadcowwalking I'd enjoy it, and invest in successful business endeavor like Elon Musk.
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to sussybakagirl420
@RobertBobert like what hobbies if you don't mind me asking ?
@deadcowwalking Playing guitar and bass guitar, work out, writing stories, drawing, participation in a number of anime/J-Music fandom projects and wushu at different periods of my life were a natural result of my interests in media. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, most of them were either abandoned or frozen by now.
Nov 1, 2023 12:43 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Tighnnari
@deadcowwalking I'd enjoy it, and invest in successful business endeavor like Elon Musk.
@AdamBirch ahh yes investing dont forget the wonders of bitcoin
Nov 1, 2023 12:44 PM

Sep 2018
@rohan121 what major did you chose ? and if you were to do that what career would you have chosen right after highschool
@deadcowwalking
I was a fool planning to go to med school with a biology major. Little was I aware of the actual price of med school (I never went fortunately), and I loath biology. I work retail now for 14/hour. On my 4th year of paying back my loans.
Nov 1, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@deadcowwalking Playing guitar and bass guitar, work out, writing stories, drawing, participation in a number of anime/J-Music fandom projects and wushu at different periods of my life were a natural result of my interests in media. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, most of them were either abandoned or frozen by now.
@RobertBobert never too late to unfrost and clean abandoned hobbies :) i hope one day you can try revising them
Nov 1, 2023 12:47 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to rohan121
@deadcowwalking
I was a fool planning to go to med school with a biology major. Little was I aware of the actual price of med school (I never went fortunately), and I loath biology. I work retail now for 14/hour. On my 4th year of paying back my loans.
@rohan121 ah well that just gave me a taste of reality im sorry that happened i truly hope in the end everything aligns with you :)
Nov 1, 2023 12:47 PM
Nov 2021
@deadcowwalking You're so right, Bitcoin is a solid investment with lots of money I could buy a lot of it, and my investment would grow exponentially.
Nov 1, 2023 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
@RobertBobert never too late to unfrost and clean abandoned hobbies :) i hope one day you can try revising them
@deadcowwalking Thanks, me too :D. But at my age, sometimes even the thought of returning to some hobbies only makes me depressed.
Nov 1, 2023 12:52 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Tighnnari
@deadcowwalking You're so right, Bitcoin is a solid investment with lots of money I could buy a lot of it, and my investment would grow exponentially.
@AdamBirch yeah a lot of people regret buying it when it was so low . but i hope in a different reality you were able to get all the lottery numbers :D
Nov 1, 2023 12:54 PM
Nov 2021
@deadcowwalking Thank you, oh so much, I hope all your dreams come true as well.
Nov 1, 2023 12:55 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@deadcowwalking Thanks, me too :D. But at my age, sometimes even the thought of returning to some hobbies only makes me depressed.
@RobertBobert thats the thing though how do you know if you haven't tried ? it's not that your lazy but your scared for the possibility of something that might or might not happen :D it's our egos that get in the way and think we are so low of ourselves when we should be thinking so mighty and beyond ! i believe you can as long as you believe in yourself as well . but i truly do hope you can find yourself revisiting or picking up more hobbies along the way
Nov 1, 2023 12:57 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Tighnnari
@deadcowwalking Thank you, oh so much, I hope all your dreams come true as well.
@AdamBirch of course :D ! and thank you very much, the same goes for you. i hope everything in your future aligns within yourself :)
Nov 1, 2023 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
@RobertBobert thats the thing though how do you know if you haven't tried ? it's not that your lazy but your scared for the possibility of something that might or might not happen :D it's our egos that get in the way and think we are so low of ourselves when we should be thinking so mighty and beyond ! i believe you can as long as you believe in yourself as well . but i truly do hope you can find yourself revisiting or picking up more hobbies along the way
@deadcowwalking Well, if at 17 years old refusing to go to music school because of shyness seemed like a normal choice, then at 25 it feels like regretting something missed on your deathbed. I mean, music isn't something that you NEED to have a degree in, but it could solve a lot of problems that seem very intrusive when you just learn music with a teacher.
Nov 1, 2023 1:08 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@deadcowwalking Well, if at 17 years old refusing to go to music school because of shyness seemed like a normal choice, then at 25 it feels like regretting something missed on your deathbed. I mean, music isn't something that you NEED to have a degree in, but it could solve a lot of problems that seem very intrusive when you just learn music with a teacher.
@RobertBobert i suppose but maybe at 25 you could be making it up for yourself at 17 .. i don't know you but you seem hard on yourself you should be happy with all the goals you have achieved :D how are you supposed to be happy when your still beating yourself up and i'm no teacher matter as a fact i'm a high school student lol but to me it seems you just have to let it go its okay you regret things but lets focus on the new chapter in hand ! what are things you want to do as a new hobbie or something that makes you happy to pursue it for yourself :)
Nov 1, 2023 1:15 PM

Apr 2012
@RobertBobert i suppose but maybe at 25 you could be making it up for yourself at 17 .. i don't know you but you seem hard on yourself you should be happy with all the goals you have achieved :D how are you supposed to be happy when your still beating yourself up and i'm no teacher matter as a fact i'm a high school student lol but to me it seems you just have to let it go its okay you regret things but lets focus on the new chapter in hand ! what are things you want to do as a new hobbie or something that makes you happy to pursue it for yourself :)
@deadcowwalking You may not be a teacher, but you would make a great motivational speaker :D. Yes you are right. I simply belong to the type of person who likes to feel sorry for himself, thereby instinctively avoiding responsibility or the risk of failure. For example, when a couple of years ago my hair quality deteriorated and my long hair began to look like a mop, I spent a couple of months agnsty thinking about gonk short hair (This hairstyle doesn't suit me very well due to my face shape) instead of cutting my hair short and starting to grow my hair again, but now with more care.
Nov 1, 2023 1:26 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@deadcowwalking You may not be a teacher, but you would make a great motivational speaker :D. Yes you are right. I simply belong to the type of person who likes to feel sorry for himself, thereby instinctively avoiding responsibility or the risk of failure. For example, when a couple of years ago my hair quality deteriorated and my long hair began to look like a mop, I spent a couple of months agnsty thinking about gonk short hair (This hairstyle doesn't suit me very well due to my face shape) instead of cutting my hair short and starting to grow my hair again, but now with more care.
@RobertBobert awe my heart thank you for that .. but i think you just need to break your cycle it's never too old or too young to break your own surrounding habits i believe you have a lot to give to YOURSELF .. but i think you need to see it as i do :)
Nov 1, 2023 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
@RobertBobert awe my heart thank you for that .. but i think you just need to break your cycle it's never too old or too young to break your own surrounding habits i believe you have a lot to give to YOURSELF .. but i think you need to see it as i do :)
@deadcowwalking Thanks again :). Well, yes, in the age of the Internet and high technology, I have already thought about this. I hope it doesn't take me too long before my age allows me to abuse the "trend grandpa" gimmick.
Nov 1, 2023 1:36 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@deadcowwalking Thanks again :). Well, yes, in the age of the Internet and high technology, I have already thought about this. I hope it doesn't take me too long before my age allows me to abuse the "trend grandpa" gimmick.
@RobertBobert haha tech will just get more advanced overtime which is scary but also exciting !
Nov 1, 2023 1:46 PM

Apr 2012
@RobertBobert haha tech will just get more advanced overtime which is scary but also exciting !
@deadcowwalking I had an idea to combine my interest in literature with my interest in music and write some meta otaku songs using Vocaloid, but I need more education for this.
Nov 1, 2023 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
Don't be an actor because you're ugly
Nov 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Oct 2022
Funnily enough I would tell my past self the opposite of what you said. To love the ones around me more and that they deserved so much more. Would have also probably gave advice to myself on not being so politically radicalized and ways of dealing with my gender dysphoria better, although going through those struggles make me who I am today so maybe better to just leave those be.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Nov 1, 2023 1:56 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Scavendgarr
@Scavendgarr was this advice for yourself ? why so harsh on yourself ?
Nov 1, 2023 1:57 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@deadcowwalking I had an idea to combine my interest in literature with my interest in music and write some meta otaku songs using Vocaloid, but I need more education for this.
@RobertBobert that sounds very cool !
Nov 1, 2023 2:01 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to WaffleMaster89
Funnily enough I would tell my past self the opposite of what you said. To love the ones around me more and that they deserved so much more. Would have also probably gave advice to myself on not being so politically radicalized and ways of dealing with my gender dysphoria better, although going through those struggles make me who I am today so maybe better to just leave those be.
@WaffleMaster89 well when i was younger i would follow people and let them walk over me and as i got older i would be a fake person and just do what people wanted if that makes sense i never stopped and cherished myself or once gave myself a shoulder to cry on until lately but thats very interesting way of thinking i suppose there are many other ways that could have happened with you learning and becoming stronger over time .
Nov 1, 2023 2:37 PM

Jun 2019
Stop caring about the opinion of your parents, and start working out daily now!

Scavendgarr said:

Weird remark, Depardieu and De Niro are not especially good-looking...
Nov 1, 2023 2:49 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Meusnier

Scavendgarr said:

@Meusnier im on the same boat with you lol also chihayafuru was a really good anime love your pfp :D
Nov 1, 2023 3:00 PM

Jun 2019
deadcowwalking said:
@Meusnier im on the same boat with you lol also chihayafuru was a really good anime love your pfp :D

Saint-Just wanted to make it illegal for parents to interfere in the career of their children. I think that he was unto something. Thanks! (The profile set had been made by a friend who had sadly deleted her account) One of the few anime that I have rewatched twice; everything is lovely about it, and it is strangely motivating! "Don't give up before you bet your youth on it!" It is good to hear this kind of advice (from Harada-sensei if you remember) in more realistic anime. Now "Chihayafuru Main Theme" must be playing in your head. I have heard that a manga sequel was in preparing, but I am rather waiting for S4.

Is Paradise Kiss as good as Nana by the way? Not sure that I want to get hurt again though...
Nov 1, 2023 3:14 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Meusnier
deadcowwalking said:

Saint-Just wanted to make it illegal for parents to interfere in the career of their children. I think that he was unto something. Thanks! (The profile set had been made by a friend who had sadly deleted her account) One of the few anime that I have rewatched twice; everything is lovely about it, and it is strangely motivating! "Don't give up before you bet your youth on it!" It is good to hear this kind of advice (from Harada-sensei if you remember) in more realistic anime. Now "Chihayafuru Main Theme" must be playing in your head. I have heard that a manga sequel was in preparing, but I am rather waiting for S4.

Is Paradise Kiss as good as Nana by the way? Not sure that I want to get hurt again though...
@Meusnier oh my god nana had me sobbing my all time favorite anime and ... if you dont wanna get your feelings hurt paradise kiss isnt for you its so good... if i could rewatch them both for the first time i would take the chance !
Nov 1, 2023 3:31 PM

Jun 2019
deadcowwalking said:
@Meusnier oh my god nana had me sobbing my all time favorite anime and ... if you dont wanna get your feelings hurt paradise kiss isnt for you its so good... if i could rewatch them both for the first time i would take the chance !

"Nee, Nana..." I have rewatched it last year, and it was almost better than the first time. Thank you for the recommendation, I am quite intrigued now.
Nov 1, 2023 3:33 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Meusnier
deadcowwalking said:

"Nee, Nana..." I have rewatched it last year, and it was almost better than the first time. Thank you for the recommendation, I am quite intrigued now.
@Meusnier i hope you like it its more spicy than nana when it comes romance but it stings more as well lol and after nana i was craving more so i watched paradise kiss and it sealed it for me
Nov 1, 2023 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
I would tell my 14 year-old self not to buy that ugly-ass Clannad mug... I can't with those fly-eyed people.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Nov 1, 2023 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Meusnier

Scavendgarr said:

@Meusnier the era has change. In my country you can be a fucking bad actor and still land every role as long as you're pretty.
Nov 1, 2023 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Meusnier

Scavendgarr said:

@Meusnier the era has change. In my country you can be a fucking bad actor and still land every role as long as you're pretty.
Nov 1, 2023 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
@Scavendgarr was this advice for yourself ? why so harsh on yourself ?
@deadcowwalking it's not being harsh, it's about learning from mistakes. Almost a decades as a child actor and only land 1 big role. I've dealt a bad cards, that's all.
Nov 1, 2023 6:14 PM

Dec 2013
Don't go to university for architecture and civil engineering
Instead being more diligent practicing classical piano

Nov 1, 2023 6:41 PM

Apr 2019
Read 3% man, HTWFAIP and Marcus Aurelius Meditations everyday until you have completely memorized it

Embrace every pain and mistakes, they will be your greatest teachers

Love & be more understanding of your father, you won't understand it now, but you will in the future

Nov 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Aug 2021
paying atttention more in class ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2023 6:55 PM

Dec 2021
I would tell myself not to train like a meathead dumbass in Jiu-Jitsu. I ended up being chronically injured for 4 years unable being able to any intense exercise during that time while spending thousands of dollars trying to rehabilitate it.
Nov 1, 2023 7:17 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Either don't have a backup plan and put all your energy on what you actually want to do or have a backup plan that actually has a more solid path (like learning a trade that people actually hire you for like plumbing, carpentry, or something). Get more seriously into audio rather than trying to learn languages to be a translator. Should have gone to college for something more useful.
Form better connections with some of the people in your life now. "I'll catch up later!" won't be a thing, because a lot of them will be dead.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 1, 2023 10:30 PM

Jun 2019
Scavendgarr said:

Your assertion does not imply that great actors who do not look very good cannot get a role. You always have the possibility to move to another country to pursue your dream. In the USA, most male actors today are hideous, though no one can beat the ugliness of French actors (both male and female). Also, are we speaking about cinema or theatre? If you are specialised in one of the two, you might benefit putting more efforts in the other.
Nov 2, 2023 12:21 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Meusnier
Scavendgarr said:

Your assertion does not imply that great actors who do not look very good cannot get a role. You always have the possibility to move to another country to pursue your dream. In the USA, most male actors today are hideous, though no one can beat the ugliness of French actors (both male and female). Also, are we speaking about cinema or theatre? If you are specialised in one of the two, you might benefit putting more efforts in the other.
@Meusnier ah yes, the "let them eat cake" And "if you're homeless just buy a house" Reply. Never expect more from weebs tbh. Mf cannot even comprehend that being a child actor almost always means my family is fucking broke that even their 8 yo kids must find a way to find money.
Nov 2, 2023 6:18 AM

Dec 2018
Honestly nothing. It'd sort of defeat the purpose, and to begin with, I've never committed anything so heinous to really regret anything anyway. And I don't regret my career decisions or anything of that sort either.

However, I do dislike the amount of time I used to waste on this site though. Posting over 2k posts is just unacceptable. Pretty sure I also got like 500 posts deleted, so this number is already underestimating my stupidity.
. . .
Nov 2, 2023 6:23 AM

Oct 2018
I wouldn't. I am who I am today because of the choices I've made. Changing that would be like denying who I am.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

28 by _Nette_ »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
8 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 11 hours ago

16 by traed »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.