Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Character rivalry on a murder case.

However, it seems this this Omito guy is very experienced with a reputation so he serves a legit competitor to Ron. Plus, he has that sort of no-nonsense mentality while Ron goofs around. The case itself dealt with murders although I wish it tried something a bit different.
Oct 30, 2023 8:08 AM
Sep 2021
Nice case solved by ron, it was pretty expected to know who was the culprit this time.
Oct 30, 2023 8:16 AM
Apr 2023
do you guys know who the girl is in the outro? Is she a future character in the series? or something else 🤔please help
Oct 30, 2023 8:26 AM

Mar 2011
Oh boy. For some reason this case made me feel uncomfortable. There's also the issue with that it's kind of pointless from start to finish (and I don't mean the serial killer itself but what follows after this). Yamane's reason for his actions are a little far fetched but even if they weren't I don't see the point in him hiding this since it was clear. They had the culprit and even if they lost him because he escaped and he committed suicide it wasn't their fault (like I said, cutting off his hands was so pointless and creepy). Also some things just don't really add up and make a seemingly interesting case bland and uninteresting (that being said, I still enjoyed this episode).

Kawasemi is so extra. But not as much as Ron :D. And he's officially one of my favorite characters now. Loved the hand puppets (and even Kawasemi's analogy was nice).

Since I've started to read the manga I'm no longer able to speculate when it comes to the anime but now I can look forward to the next cases :) <3
Wildflower3Oct 30, 2023 8:35 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 30, 2023 8:29 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Lavanyadhande
do you guys know who the girl is in the outro? Is she a future character in the series? or something else 🤔please help
@Lavanyadhande It's kind of a mild spoiler but if you really want to know

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 30, 2023 8:30 AM
Apr 2023
Wildflower3 said:

thank you very much the anxiety was eating me for last few weeks 😭 thank you. 😊
Oct 30, 2023 8:34 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Lavanyadhande
Wildflower3 said:

thank you very much the anxiety was eating me for last few weeks 😭 thank you. 😊
@Lavanyadhande You're welcome :). It's one of the reasons I started reading the manga.

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 30, 2023 8:46 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
Watching this anime is just a major Azakami fanboy moment for me, haha. I could hardly believe it when Ron pulled out the talking hand puppets?? From a deranged detective to a goofy, fluffy platypus – this man's range can truly do it all!
Oct 30, 2023 9:48 AM

Jan 2019
What a bizarre solution, the guy couldn't just take the W and had to mutilate the body and stage a crime scene because he lost his handcuffs?

Oct 30, 2023 10:33 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode, funny and interesting

when you have too much pressure, you can sometimes do stupid things...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 30, 2023 10:39 AM

Dec 2018
another great episode; loved the puppets.
Oct 30, 2023 11:27 AM

Oct 2009
So suddenly there are two alphas prettyboy prodigies to Toto's omega clumsy dork. Hooo boy. xD Please don't squirt all over one's hair, kids, have some decency, yeah? xD

The case itself was kinda murky, BUT! I'm sure there's a a lot to be said about the underlying(/unintended?) critique of Japan's work ethics in general, and the stress it can lead to. Some unexpected depth there, actually.
Oct 30, 2023 12:29 PM
Dec 2022
why does Omito look the same as Ron?? like they look exactly the same as Ron was in his detective academy?

im curious nobody talked about it???

the only hint was that Ron had a grumpy face like that of a competitor, are they brothers? or Omito guy secretly admires to be like Ron so he copies his looks and tried to beat him and failed in their academy days..

i need someone to spoil me on that
Oct 30, 2023 12:37 PM

Dec 2021
Lmao. What is Ron wearing.

For the joint investigation of a series of serial killings, the highly skilled detective, Omito Kawasemi, arrives at the Investigation Division. Amamiya, who competes with Omito, deliberately assigns the seemingly useless Toto, but Toto's presence didn't even register in Omito's field of vision. Ron, who appears as a consultant at the new crime scene discovery, sparks a rivalry with the sharp-witted Omito.

That was seriously unsettling. Are they just going to brush it off? Yeah, he didn't take anyone's life, but severing a man's hands... what the heck? I don't get how the detective, who's also his boss, reacted so casually. Even if he's anxious, it doesn't justify it. Am I overlooking something? Well, aside from that, it was a well-written episode.

I'm thoroughly enjoying how the mystery is unfolding. This is becoming quite engaging.
IzanaSolosOct 30, 2023 1:53 PM

Oct 30, 2023 1:56 PM

Dec 2017
An excellent twist in the story....!!!!
Oct 30, 2023 2:53 PM

Feb 2019
Ron wearing a witch outfit is perfect for a Halloween episode lol. I thought this case was a little underwhelming compared to the onsen case, but it was still some really good experience for Toto.

Also, the culprit’s motivations say a lot about the work culture here in Japan.
Oct 30, 2023 3:51 PM
Feb 2023
Lavanyadhande said:

yes she’ll be in the next episode
Oct 30, 2023 3:52 PM

Mar 2021
When Kawasemi first appeared I thought Ron had gone back in time to his Blue Academy days XD

That assistant is def creepy, I don't get why Kawasemi would want him back after that :/
Oct 30, 2023 3:52 PM
Feb 2023
Lavanyadhande said:

Oct 30, 2023 4:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m ngl, at first glance I thought Kawasemi was Ron pretending to be someone else lol but after seeing them next to each other they do look a bit different, he’s another interesting detective to add to the mix, and this guy’s a perfectionist lol. It was also nice of Ron to dress up for Halloween, at least his outfit this time was fitting for it lol.

And the case this time had a resolution I wasn’t expecting, I had a feeling Yamane was the culprit but the reason he was the culprit threw me for a loop, and really I think the logic is a little backwards because I’d think fucking with the case would get you in hot water more so than losing your handcuffs lol. It did however have a nice ending with Kawasemi promising Yamane a spot by his side again, definitely liked that, and Kawasemi also realized the power combo that is Toto and Ron there as well, hoping we see more of him at some point.
Oct 30, 2023 5:00 PM

Aug 2021
great episode slowly might become my top 10 anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2023 5:06 PM

May 2019
That new guy Omito does kind of look like Ron but maybe it's due to just having a similar character design (or perhaps they are related??). Anyways, I, and Omito, did not suspect that his assistant was behind the serial killer having his hands cut off. It's crazy what some people do to appear to keep a certain standard for others.
Oct 30, 2023 6:38 PM

Apr 2022
ron really got in that halloween spirit. literally thought the new guy is ron, cleaned up.
Oct 30, 2023 7:05 PM

Dec 2015
Probably wasn't on purpose but I love the word play at the beginning. M.O. = 手口 where the 手 kanji can mean hand XD.

Love the disguises Ron comes up with. Also liked how he used one of Sherlock's tricks to get an answer. Speaking of Ron, this new guy Kawasemi kind of looks like him. Could've been his brother or something. The guy is quirky but he's cool.

I feel kind of bad for his assistant though. Taking OCD to the extreme there.

On another note, I'm curious how the body stayed in that position. Did his assistant stay there and hold him in that position till rigor mortis kicked in?
Oct 30, 2023 8:09 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to ForeverTraitor
What a bizarre solution, the guy couldn't just take the W and had to mutilate the body and stage a crime scene because he lost his handcuffs?
@ForeverTraitor SAME my thoughts exactly! My head was full of question marks when Yamane owned up to cutting off the hands just so he can retrieve his handcuffs. I mean, his choice is probably classified as psychopathic. I believe any sane detective/officer would wait for the forensics team to arrive etc. then get his handcuffs back.

Also the story didn't reveal any custom design on his handcuff that would show his emotional attachment to THAT pair of cuffs. Surely handcuffs are replaceable
Oct 30, 2023 8:39 PM

Oct 2015
wow we covered 2 chaptersi n 1 ep?
damn
maybe well really cover more than 1 chap an ep and not end at chap 13
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Oct 30, 2023 9:36 PM

Mar 2007
That "top" detective isn't just a title, the guy actually figured things out between Toto and Ron, the "puppet" master. Interesting.
Oct 31, 2023 12:39 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to curiouscat3030
Lavanyadhande said:

@curiouscat3030 thank you very much
Oct 31, 2023 12:43 AM
Apr 2020
I really felt like this crime was pointless...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 31, 2023 3:17 AM

Jan 2017
Kinda predictable since I already knew the assistant has something to do with the corpse, though I couldn't tell that the Hand Collector did kill himself
Oct 31, 2023 4:02 AM
Dec 2022
Wildflower3 said:
Oh boy. For some reason this case made me feel uncomfortable. There's also the issue with that it's kind of pointless from start to finish (and I don't mean the serial killer itself but what follows after this). Yamane's reason for his actions are a little far fetched but even if they weren't I don't see the point in him hiding this since it was clear. They had the culprit and even if they lost him because he escaped and he committed suicide it wasn't their fault (like I said, cutting off his hands was so pointless and creepy). Also some things just don't really add up and make a seemingly interesting case bland and uninteresting (that being said, I still enjoyed this episode).

Kawasemi is so extra. But not as much as Ron :D. And he's officially one of my favorite characters now. Loved the hand puppets (and even Kawasemi's analogy was nice).

Since I've started to read the manga I'm no longer able to speculate when it comes to the anime but now I can look forward to the next cases :) <3

I do agree this episode felt like shit. I mean the crime part and other than that every thing was really enjoyable but it's just too far filched really didn't like or expected to write in such a bad way.

and this case was pretty easy I predicted everything with eas. is it just me or it's the same for you all??
Oct 31, 2023 5:40 AM

Mar 2013
Epic episode. The crying was so real.
Then ending the episode with that song? Fantastic!
The empathy, respect, and compassion they all shared were heartwarming.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 31, 2023 6:22 AM
Mar 2023
- Anime is creative in writing characters. For example, Kawasimi’s character is an excellent example of this.

- Although the episode contains a corpse, an amount of blood, and severed hands, I did not feel the atmosphere of brutality and crime. I think they could have presented it better.

- The dark environment, especially the factory scene, was shown in a terrific way.

- How did Yami (the assistant investigator) cut the criminal’s hands without getting his clothes stained with blood? How did he manage the cleaver and how did he hide it in such a short time? Didn't the hawk-eyes investigator feel that his clothes or his behavior were different?
Oct 31, 2023 6:46 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
Wildflower3 said:

I do agree this episode felt like shit. I mean the crime part and other than that every thing was really enjoyable but it's just too far filched really didn't like or expected to write in such a bad way.

and this case was pretty easy I predicted everything with eas. is it just me or it's the same for you all??
@Yeshaiah2015yesh To be fair, I even felt like this when I read this chapter in the manga. Still enjoyable like you said but the case was a let-down compared to the others.

It was easy to predict Yamane had something to do with it at least.

What I appreciated was Kawasemi's sharp eyes and noticing it was Ron who actually solved the case (and making this analogy with a puppeteer - almost reminded me of someone else *cough*).

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 31, 2023 7:00 AM

Nov 2022
Art style is very beautiful, and am quite enjoying the dashing looks of black haired Gojo, but too many red flags with recent cases... so I guess it's a drop
Oct 31, 2023 8:22 AM

Apr 2018
so no geass this episode huh?
Oct 31, 2023 9:11 PM
Mar 2019
I wonder when the mystery of Ron's 'murders' will turn up as a central plot point. Waiting...
Oct 31, 2023 9:17 PM

Sep 2021
THe comedy was better than usual today. Unfortunately, the mystery aspect is still poorly executed and both plot and character development stagnate since the first episode.
Nov 1, 2023 4:40 AM
Apr 2020
it's stupid
why the hell did Yamane STOLE A FREAKING CORPSE over loosing stupid handcuffs ?
who gives a shit
Nov 1, 2023 7:53 PM

Mar 2008
This case was just stupid how it ended up.
Nov 1, 2023 9:14 PM

Mar 2013
This gotta be the most stupid case so far like... are you really going to cut somebody's hands and steal a corpse over some damn lost item? Be serious. It felt kinda pointless to be honest... Also the mystery/crime atmosphere just wasn't there this time.
Nov 2, 2023 5:13 PM

Jan 2023
This episode felt like a filler
Nov 3, 2023 12:24 AM

Apr 2023
Well, the motivation and some proof are disappointing...
Nov 3, 2023 1:18 AM

Nov 2020
i really wanna see ron solve more complex cases waaaaaaaaaaaa
"Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest?"~ Suguru Geto

Nov 5, 2023 3:23 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Such a goofy case, but probably the only one so far that seemed the most straight forward. Wait so are the Hand Collector's own hands in the fridge?
Nov 5, 2023 11:12 PM

Dec 2018
Oh dear, the new character look like Ron in his detective school years... I though it was Ron, but it's someone else...
Now Spitz is going to be one of the main duo teammate eh? hehe

Nov 6, 2023 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
Interesting new character but the culprit was quite obvious this time.
Nov 7, 2023 3:31 AM

Mar 2012
Ron cornering the culprit and his eyes glowing is the stupidest aspect of this anime, it's one of the reasons I'm not liking it so far. He doesn't believe in psychic powers but he seems to have some sort of psychic power to manipulate others with his words and eyes.
Nov 7, 2023 3:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
boring case and outlandish character appears!!!
kekeke
Nov 7, 2023 5:00 AM

Oct 2019
A better episode than usual.

So it was established that Kamonohashi only uses his mesmerizing power on murderers - or, as in the case of the older sister earlier, involuntary manslaughterers acting in self-defence who conceal their deeds.

I thought he had no lowest threshold. But then again he did not hypnotize that husband who killed his wife earlier.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

42 by CutieAnshin »»
Aug 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 31, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2023

78 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 27, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

71 by Limun »»
Jul 25, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.