Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2023 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
The teaching of magic, and thank God for Rae, because Claire's magic level is similar to hers. Being taught by one of the pioneers of magic through Professor Torrid, he has the foundation of the basic elements to teach the students on how to master their magic with different elements. The Academy Knights, which Rae has done the playthrough of that and found it to be nothing special, if it has Claire in it, she will do it.

But one magic misfire awakens a monster slime in lurking, and Rae assists Torrid since she also knows that this has been dealt in her playthrough before. Serving as good practices for everyone, it initially looked like an open-and-shut case, but to Rae, it'll set a flag where it'll raise either one of the prince's affection points, so calling Claire for help (which will trigger Prince Thane's affection) raises both villainess and prince to work together and defeat the monster. It's kid though was just being protected, and the slime was given the Ralaire name and forged a familiar pact with Rae. Too bad she ruined both Claire and Prince Thane's moment, but at least they're safe and sound.

Good job maintaining and setting off those flags, Rae.
Oct 23, 2023 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
ngl, Ralaire was very cute and adorable. We need to protect this cute little water slime.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 23, 2023 9:58 AM

Feb 2020
That armor suits Claire so well.

Ralaire is as cute as Sui from Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Mesh. ^_^

SerafosOct 23, 2023 10:59 AM
Oct 23, 2023 10:05 AM

Mar 2021
Ralaire is just adorable I hope we see more of the little cutie
Oct 23, 2023 10:05 AM
Sep 2015
The action scene is minimal but well-produced.
Oct 23, 2023 11:25 AM

Jun 2022
Rae named the baby water slime after her and Claire's ship name that is so cute

I don't post on forums that much but hello!!
Oct 23, 2023 11:59 AM
Mar 2021
rae is op its nuts heh.

cute seeing Claire being worried over Rae's physical condition
Oct 23, 2023 12:04 PM

Dec 2021
The Prince is just casually observing the chaos she stirs up while attempting to woo the villainess.

Magic is considered cutting-edge technology in this world, and countries compete with each other in how to best utilize its power. In the Bauer Kingdom, Tri-Caster, the only holder of three attributes, is said to have laid the foundation for the kingdom's magical technology. Under the guidance of Professor Trid, magic classes were conducted in the outdoor training grounds. During one such practical training session, a magic projectile launched by an academy student veered into the forest, leading to the appearance of a water slime, a magical creature, in front of the students.

I can't believe this whole "born with aptitude and attribute" thing. Show me someone who earned an attribute and increased their aptitude through sheer determination. Or by discovering some alternative method or something, I don't know. Give me that low-class warrior surpassing the elite shit. But, of course, that's not the main focus of this yuri story anyway (or any of these otome isekais). It seems that Rei has captured Claire's heart.

Her consistent display of affection and devotion towards Claire has not gone unnoticed.

Oct 23, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2023
Ralaire is cute but nothing beats Sui
Oct 23, 2023 1:09 PM

Jan 2011
The way they are building their relationship is so effective.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 23, 2023 1:12 PM

Jun 2023
Action scene in this episode was mid but Raelare saved Everything!
Oct 23, 2023 1:21 PM

Jul 2022
was definitely fun seeing some more high stakes conflict this episode

hopefully that one freak from last week isn't gonna spam the forums with hate this time lmao
Oct 23, 2023 1:59 PM

Nov 2016
Claire's affection keeps growing with each week. Marriage is getting closer. And Ralaire is the child eh I mean cute pet which will add some extra cuteness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2023 2:31 PM
Jan 2022
mutatedmilk said:
Rae named the baby water slime after her and Claire's ship name that is so cute

Oh, I didn't even notice that.
That's so adorable.
Oct 23, 2023 3:05 PM

Dec 2013
That was quite an enjoyable action packed episode and it does a lot of sense the fact that Thane's magic is wind, he is always in the shadows of his brothers and Wind is not really an element to have the spotlight but to support others.
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 PM

Sep 2018
Oh man, cute slime mascot characters are my weakness... So far Ralaire isn't quite as high on the adorableness scale as some others, but it's a welcome addition to the cast for sure!
Oct 23, 2023 3:24 PM

Aug 2023
Wow! Absolutely love Claires character development this episode. She finally shows kindness and love towards Rae. I can see their love blossoming. The display of their magic skills this episode was also quite fun, I am excited to learn more about these skills. Claire took down that monster like a pro! Love her! ROD on the other hand needs to back off, he keeps butting in at the wrong moments and in my opinion it hurts the scene.
Oct 23, 2023 3:29 PM

Apr 2021
Yayyyy this episode was so cute!! I think the knight exams will be fun and afterwords we will probably get more action/fight scenes.
Oct 23, 2023 3:45 PM

Jul 2016
Lowkey disappointed Rae ruined that Claire x Thane moment.

So Rae named her slime familiar after her and Claire, huh? Wonder if she's gonna start making jokes about it being their love child now.
Oct 23, 2023 3:50 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The magic in this series is interesting sounding, mainly the way you can make use of other types of magic to enhance it, but I’m ngl I was half paying attention to this because I was too busy wondering what goofy shit Rae was gonna do next lol, and she didn’t disappoint with her knight fantasy, I definitely like both versions of it lol.

And things looked dire when a giant slime monster attacked, I was thinking we were in for tentacle hentai but it’s not that type of show sadly lol, so instead we saw the combined effort of the students to stop it and the final blow was dealt by Claire and Thane joining forces which was a very good moment. And Claire almost had a nice moment with Thane, and even if Rae wanted to let it happen she alerted them of her presence and screwed it up lol, I guess the yuri ship is still afloat. And now Rae has a slime pet friend named “Ralaire” which is definitely a combination of her and Claire’s name lol, nice, and I see some folks comparing it to Sui from Campfire Cooking earlier this year, and I gotta say Sui can’t be beat lol, don’t let the passage of time let you forget Sui’s greatness.
TheColonel76Oct 23, 2023 3:54 PM
Oct 23, 2023 4:42 PM

May 2015
Rae really wanted that Claire love route so much that she altered the love event! No matter how much she tries to ship Claire and Thane, it's not like the Rae and Claire ship isn't chugging along too! They even got a slime with its own ship name!
Oct 23, 2023 4:47 PM
Aug 2022
I swear Claire better of not killed Ralaire when she found out that Rae was keeping a pet monster.

I get the feeling we’re gonna be seeing more underlying sad moments of Rae seeing Claire get close to others.
Oct 23, 2023 6:28 PM
Nov 2022
Finally, a battle in this isekai xd

Now my question is: Is Rae really going to let Claire go with the prince or will she fight for her love? ._.
Oct 23, 2023 6:38 PM

Jun 2014
Claire saved Rae, and showed appreciation towards Rae as well! This is some real progress!

That little monster is cute. Claire is quite freaked out by it, though. :P

Oct 23, 2023 7:41 PM

Sep 2021
Another hillarious episode. Water Slime is not immune to Rae creating a hidden route for Claire!

And I can't believe she named that little Slime after her Ship with Claire :D

The best part is the growing relationship between Rae and Claire though. They fit each other so well, bullying one another left and right xD
Oct 23, 2023 7:45 PM

Feb 2023
This episode was ADORABLE!!!
Oct 23, 2023 8:24 PM
Sep 2021
TheColonel76 said:
The magic in this series is interesting sounding, mainly the way you can make use of other types of magic to enhance it, but I’m ngl I was half paying attention to this because I was too busy wondering what goofy shit Rae was gonna do next lol, and she didn’t disappoint with her knight fantasy, I definitely like both versions of it lol.

And things looked dire when a giant slime monster attacked, I was thinking we were in for tentacle hentai but it’s not that type of show sadly lol, so instead we saw the combined effort of the students to stop it and the final blow was dealt by Claire and Thane joining forces which was a very good moment. And Claire almost had a nice moment with Thane, and even if Rae wanted to let it happen she alerted them of her presence and screwed it up lol, I guess the yuri ship is still afloat. And now Rae has a slime pet friend named “Ralaire” which is definitely a combination of her and Claire’s name lol, nice, and I see some folks comparing it to Sui from Campfire Cooking earlier this year, and I gotta say Sui can’t be beat lol, don’t let the passage of time let you forget Sui’s greatness.

Naruto did the exact same thing +10 years ago and it's not even a magic anime lol

" rock > scissors " magic systems are extremely common in fantasy and almost always the exact same generics thing
Oct 23, 2023 8:26 PM
Sep 2021
i like how this anime plays most isekai tropes straight and in a generic manner yet the fans on Twitter act like it's " different " somehow
Oct 23, 2023 9:35 PM
May 2022
Lol anyone else think it was weird that Rae didn’t try and stop the student from firing the fireball into the woods? When she came across Relaire looking so sad and said she’d be her new momma I was like “Rae! Maybe you should’ve tried a bit harder to prevent this!” 😂

I like that this episode explained some more about the magic and it’s nice to see Rae using her knowledge of the game still. I like about her character that she knows so much about the world and the characters from her past life. Also, I liked that Rae showed some inner conflict at seeing Thane and Claire since it was weird that she has been so chill about all of that. Not sure why Claire was suddenly fawning over her at the end though. I really wish they’d have kept up her villain persona more or maybe shown some reason that Rae has become more important to her. The best I can think is just that they’ve been around each other for awhile now so they just naturally became closer. They’ve had some more sentimental moments but we don’t really get Claire’s perspective on it sadly or a meaningful look or something.
Oct 23, 2023 11:35 PM

May 2019
Really enjoying the show so far. The magic system is quite good kind for fantasy genre. The dynamic between Rae and Claire is fun to watch. Surely Claire starts showing affection even more for Rae. Slow burn is good and I hope this one deliver. That Ralaire is a ship name and it's such an adorable name for the slime.

Oct 23, 2023 11:58 PM
Oct 2023
Did they really just imply the name selection actually showed up irl? That was only supposed to happen in her imagination, wasnt it?

Anyway, im glad Relaire is finally here. One of my big criticisms of the novel is that she barely shows up. She is only really mentioned when important for the plot. But the manga includes her in almost every scene, and thats probably my favourite adaptation change in anything ever. It barely changes anything but still adds so much.

@Felsun Claires perspective is actually its own spin-off novel series. That one also reveals just how hyperfocused on Rae's perspective this story is as there are some things happening that we never get to see or deeper insights on simply because Rae doesnt care about those things.
HadToDoItOct 24, 2023 12:09 AM
Oct 24, 2023 12:23 AM
Aug 2023
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, so many awesome and funny moments. A lot of character development for Rae, Claire, Thane, and others. We also get some world building with magic system being explained.

I really enjoyed Rae being able to break the rails of the Otome game by forcing a fourth love interest option of Claire. Rae and Claire have such great chemistry together, it was kind of heartbreaking when Rae seemed to opt to leave Claire for Thane, but heartwarming to see it caused Claire to perhaps choose Rae over Thane by running up to see if Rae is okay, thereby completely forgetting about Thane. It was also sweet that Thane was going in for a head pat on Claire like in the King game. It was brilliant how on top of all this they worked in the comedy of Claire being tentacled when Rae yelled out to be rescued by her, and Rae stepping on a branch to foil the head pat.

I didn't realize the name Ralaire was the ship name of Rae x Claire, thanks to those pointing that out. That's pretty amusing and fitting.
Oct 24, 2023 12:32 AM
Feb 2020
aaaahhhh i love them also that monster thing is so cutee
Oct 24, 2023 1:25 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to Felsun
Lol anyone else think it was weird that Rae didn’t try and stop the student from firing the fireball into the woods? When she came across Relaire looking so sad and said she’d be her new momma I was like “Rae! Maybe you should’ve tried a bit harder to prevent this!” 😂

I like that this episode explained some more about the magic and it’s nice to see Rae using her knowledge of the game still. I like about her character that she knows so much about the world and the characters from her past life. Also, I liked that Rae showed some inner conflict at seeing Thane and Claire since it was weird that she has been so chill about all of that. Not sure why Claire was suddenly fawning over her at the end though. I really wish they’d have kept up her villain persona more or maybe shown some reason that Rae has become more important to her. The best I can think is just that they’ve been around each other for awhile now so they just naturally became closer. They’ve had some more sentimental moments but we don’t really get Claire’s perspective on it sadly or a meaningful look or something.
@Felsun
My guess is the Otome game didn't make it clear who triggered the slime attack so Rae couldn't stop it. It was just some rando shown actually causing it, the Otome game might have not even shown who did it. Rae was actually determined to defeat the slime monster so she would bypass which prince's affections points were gained, she didn't want any. But it seemed like the Otome game still forced her to be captured anyways, so it's unclear if certain events are fated or it just happened to play out the same. The way Rae had to side-step Claire's fireball attacks on targets behind her seemed like a carryover from the Otome game because it's kind of weird of Claire to be still bullying Rae like that when she' her maid. It seems like Rae was able to go off-script of the Otome game by choosing Claire instead of the princes because Claire got Thane affection points, and then Claire seemed to choose Rae over Thane. So did Rae choosing Claire cause all this to happen, or was it all just a coincidence? Somebody else even pointed out that the love interest selection graphic maybe just in Rae's mind instead of her actually really seeing it, so who knows.

To me Claire fawning over Rae made sense. Claire's underlings were praising Claire like she deserved all the credit, but Claire points out it wasn't all her who did it. Later Claire thanks Thane for helping, but then after the Rae fawning Claire also thanks Rae for holding the monster in place. Claire might have also been looking for Rae right after the attack finished when her underlings were praising her, she was looking around the crowd, although she could have been looking for Thane who just took off at that time also. I find Claire attitude towards Rae has really softened after Rae became her maid, despite Claire still donning the "mean girl" mask and acting like nothing has changed. Rae's character analysis of Claire right from the beginning was "she uses intimidation to hide how fragile she can be", so I think it would be consistent if Claire has started harboring fondness for Rae, but hides it with her mask. From Claire perspective that was a pretty life threatening massive monster attack, so it would make sense for her "mean girl" mask to slip and be genuinely concerned for Rae's well-being.
Oct 24, 2023 4:29 AM

Jan 2021
SouthRzVa said:
Lowkey disappointed Rae ruined that Claire x Thane moment.

So Rae named her slime familiar after her and Claire, huh? Wonder if she's gonna start making jokes about it being their love child now.

i agree about "Claire x Thane". it was really disappointing...
Roxy

Oct 24, 2023 5:41 AM

Mar 2008
Yuri and tentacles....oh my

At least in her little resistance to getting any of the guys pinning for her Rae did get Claire closer to her crush, Thane, it seems....unless Claire is bi and doesnt know it. ....i dont even know what I want as a ship here since while I want Rae to not be alone I also like the concept of her just trying to be happy for Claire to get with Thane.
Oct 24, 2023 6:19 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
It was a fun episode, but it also makes me wonder how things will end between Claire and Thane, they're not going to end as a couple that's for sure... so seeing what's gonna happen between those two will be interesting.
Oct 24, 2023 7:01 AM
Feb 2021
I thought this episode was hilarious but it showed me how close minded Rae is, especially towards the kind princes. She slightly makes me sick some of the time despite how funny she is.
Oct 24, 2023 7:37 AM
Sep 2021
The story is slowly moving on, improving the characters, giving their buildups etc.
Oct 24, 2023 8:31 AM

May 2019
I was curious to see what would've happened if Rae hadn't interrupted Thane and Claire's interaction but unfortunately that did not happen. It's clear that Claire is forming feelings for Rae but I'm not convinced its romantic (at least not yet) so I'm interested to see how this develops. It may end up being where Claire decides her route between Thane and Rae.
Oct 24, 2023 8:45 AM
May 2011
That fight scene was terribly unimpressive. If I'm being generous, you could chalk it up to the students all being bad at magic, so it looks like crap when they use it, but even the teacher was completely static in his casting.

Looks like Claire actually cares about Rae, but of course Rae ruins the moment by being extra for the sake of comedy. Kinda wish she would tone it down and we could get more quiet, serious moments
Oct 24, 2023 10:01 AM
Sep 2023
can they make KENN and Aimi sing together idc make it fit the plot I need to hear it more than I need food water shelter
Oct 24, 2023 2:55 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
TheColonel76 said:

Naruto did the exact same thing +10 years ago and it's not even a magic anime lol

" rock > scissors " magic systems are extremely common in fantasy and almost always the exact same generics thing
@Saimatsu_Fan
I meant the aspect that you can combine the different kinds of magic to create different effects, of course the whole rock paper scissors thing is as old as time.
Oct 24, 2023 4:59 PM
Aug 2023
Reply to Fail_Man_X
That fight scene was terribly unimpressive. If I'm being generous, you could chalk it up to the students all being bad at magic, so it looks like crap when they use it, but even the teacher was completely static in his casting.

Looks like Claire actually cares about Rae, but of course Rae ruins the moment by being extra for the sake of comedy. Kinda wish she would tone it down and we could get more quiet, serious moments
@Fail_Man_X
When Claire was talking about the teacher she says that he's a tri-caster but ranked "intermediate" in each element. So I guess the teacher isn't that powerful himself, he's just special because he has access to three elements when normally everybody else has access to only one. When Rae revealed she was a dual-caster, she says the protag is a dual-caster ranked "exceptional" in both. So Rae is more powerful than the teacher, she just lacks the access to the fire element he has.

But yeah, it could be low-budget animation, the teacher's rock throw didn't look that impressive.
Oct 25, 2023 12:16 AM
Sep 2021
TheColonel76 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan
I meant the aspect that you can combine the different kinds of magic to create different effects, of course the whole rock paper scissors thing is as old as time.

" you can combine different elements to do different things "

ah yes that never happened before
Oct 25, 2023 12:29 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
TheColonel76 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan

" you can combine different elements to do different things "

ah yes that never happened before
@Saimatsu_Fan
Well I guess I was wrong to think it was interesting then lol
Oct 25, 2023 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
Rae one of the funniest characters all time we love hopeless lesbian.
Oct 25, 2023 11:25 AM

Oct 2014
that's a nice script.
when the animation is so minimally produce and tbh it still falls into the problems of having a classic "magic wand in battle" problem... yet despite that the battle scene is still so much fun to follow,

that is a nice script.
Oct 25, 2023 7:03 PM

Jan 2022
This episode was so funny lmao. It seems like Claire's hair and dress work against gravity. This anime is so cheesy and predictable 😭 Rae + Claire = Ralaire
This never updates so that's cool
Oct 26, 2023 6:11 AM
Aug 2015
masterpiece
i feel like im watching myself
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

61 by PureElusion »»
May 1, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2023

156 by Muow »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

141 by Muow »»
Apr 27, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 30, 2023

67 by AngelTomori »»
Mar 24, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yuyuichi - Dec 11, 2023

79 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 21, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.