Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Ai got that target on her back and honestly, this episode got dark with the amount of spirits.

Obviously, Keitarou can't be at peace either since he's involved with Ai. Despite all this, I suppose Keitarou is trying to stay sane. The spirit God this episode was truly gruesome imo.
Sep 3, 2023 9:33 AM

Dec 2021
Damn, I'd say this is the creepiest episode yet.

As we learned last episode, Ai is destined to die as the 'Bride of God'. The curse is heavy as Yayoi explained, and the god whom Yayoi should have captured returned to Ai's body. The spirits attracted by the power of the resurrected god attack Keitaro and go for his brain stem. Luckily thanks to Yayoi's doll he's safe for now.

This time, the spirit's power is as the spirit, or the god as Yayoi calls it, possessing Ai plays with the ghosts and turns them onto someone else, and in this situation of course, its Keitaro. Ai's emotions and expression this episode were powerful. Although she's only known him for less than a day, she blames this on herself, as her entire family raised her into thinking anything misfortunate that happens is her fault, and just when her brother reaches out to her he dies. I feel bad for her man, That whole elevator scene gave me creeps man sheesh.

Then once everything looks bright and shiny, once they got home it clear as day that Ai's "god" isn't playing around. She's the real fucking deal. How will they overcome this hurdle?

Sep 3, 2023 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
For anyone wondering, yes, this is the part most fans agree to be where the story actually starts for good and get further interesting very quickly.
That's the end of a prologue of a sort for the plot, that some mentioned in the previous episode discussions.

It's also where the story starts trying harder with the horror elements,. I can't wait to see the next entities, this God is the first one to be significantly more menacing than the others, and he won't be the last by a long shot.

Sep 3, 2023 10:32 AM
Dec 2013
oh boy, THAT scene.

that poor girl got murdered in the most insane way, a form of
, crazy.
Sep 3, 2023 10:32 AM

Feb 2021
3:04 What is he doing here? I get that he probably doesn't want to take off the gloves even when washing his hands, but what is that plastic thing?
This is legit horrifying holy
Excited for more. This is getting better.
Sep 3, 2023 10:34 AM
Sep 2021
Keitarou with yayoi defeat the ghost and now it's a declaration of war against the god made by yayoi and keitarou.
Sep 3, 2023 10:39 AM
Dec 2013
Reply to Embient
3:04 What is he doing here? I get that he probably doesn't want to take off the gloves even when washing his hands, but what is that plastic thing?
This is legit horrifying holy
Excited for more. This is getting better.
@Embient remember that those are nerve endings, imagine having your nerves completely exposed to the enviroment
Sep 3, 2023 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
Yo Yayaoi legit just called this god a pedo and a groomer. I am rooting for this girl even more now. Let's fucking go! Also this got extra creepy when we saw the brains.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 3, 2023 10:53 AM

Jul 2011
One day, decades in the future, an adult Yayoi knocks on the new tenant's door and demands letting her in so she can exorcise that evil spirit.
Sep 3, 2023 11:09 AM

Mar 2021
The banter between a 500+ year old God and a 12 or so year old girl was legit fire!!! and if you were to ask me, Yayoi roasted the God's ass to a crisp!! And that torture scene of the girl in the elevator was seriously disturbing af!!! Not to mention the Brain Obake's crucifixion. Although it was satisfying to some extent, but viscerally disgusting to the most extent!!!!
V1P3R0PSep 3, 2023 9:33 PM
Sep 3, 2023 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode, the best yet?

Horror aspect didn't take its time, backroom like interiors, elevator from hell and that last scene

Ok this is actually getting interesting, glad i came back from dropping this.
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 3, 2023 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
Shit just got real, that was one messed up ghost. Though yet again Yayoi showed who's the boss, this loli is dangerous. She even went ahead and challenged the god and called him a lolicon lmao.
Sep 3, 2023 11:35 AM

Feb 2019
Genuinely horrifying episode, arguably the scariest episode so far. It feels like the prologue of the story is over and this is where shit is really gonna get crazy. We’re not just making extermination house calls, now we’re up against actual gods.

The spirit that haunted Ai’s apartment tearing out people’s brain stems is ridiculous holy shit that is dark. I mean the one girl was half alive while he was doing it as well wtf. The punishment of eternal suffering from the people he killed that he’ll get is well deserved.

“You called me your little senpai right? So come with us”

Just as Ai was looking toward the future and thinking things were turning around, the god makes another appearance. Seeing Yayoi’s room covered in blood was terrifying. Even she knows it won’t be easy to take down this god, but she’s not backing down in fear. I love the banter she had with him, even calling him a lolicon lmao. I’m looking forward to seeing her “graduated” spirits and how they play to fight him.
Marinate1016Sep 3, 2023 11:42 AM
Sep 3, 2023 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
Goosebumps at the end. 10/10 episode yet again. Yayoi being a savage yet again.
Sep 3, 2023 11:52 AM
Dec 2013
Reply to Marinate1016
Genuinely horrifying episode, arguably the scariest episode so far. It feels like the prologue of the story is over and this is where shit is really gonna get crazy. We’re not just making extermination house calls, now we’re up against actual gods.

The spirit that haunted Ai’s apartment tearing out people’s brain stems is ridiculous holy shit that is dark. I mean the one girl was half alive while he was doing it as well wtf. The punishment of eternal suffering from the people he killed that he’ll get is well deserved.

“You called me your little senpai right? So come with us”

Just as Ai was looking toward the future and thinking things were turning around, the god makes another appearance. Seeing Yayoi’s room covered in blood was terrifying. Even she knows it won’t be easy to take down this god, but she’s not backing down in fear. I love the banter she had with him, even calling him a lolicon lmao. I’m looking forward to seeing her “graduated” spirits and how they play to fight him.
Marinate1016 said:
I love the banter she had with him, even calling him a lolicon lmao.

the fact that the God was actively trying to kill her as she was talking made it 10 times better.

and yes, it was trying to kill her, because the dolls take any damage she suffers. She was being strangled and headcrushed by this thing.
Sep 3, 2023 12:26 PM

Jun 2017
Yaoi be like "fuck you pedo god, you will make a fine pokemon" lmaooo. This is so wild, it's been such a long time since I was this excited for weekly anime.
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Jun 2015
The speed little senpai run up that pole to the third floor was next lvl shit
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 3, 2023 12:36 PM

May 2020
People weren't lying when they said this'd get even more dark. Now two scenes from this episode would remain at the back of my mind for atleast a day now.. damn fucking unsettling.
Sep 3, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to Softhenic03
People weren't lying when they said this'd get even more dark. Now two scenes from this episode would remain at the back of my mind for atleast a day now.. damn fucking unsettling.
@Softhenic03 We're still in the "light" parts, gets more grotesque.
Sep 3, 2023 12:49 PM
Jul 2021
Finally got some goosebumps … creepy, weird fun!
Sep 3, 2023 12:51 PM
May 2022
Reply to BlichoBoy
One day, decades in the future, an adult Yayoi knocks on the new tenant's door and demands letting her in so she can exorcise that evil spirit.
@BlichoBoy I hope she´s still the same size too.
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
That evil spirit got what he deserved.

Shits getting serious.
Sep 3, 2023 1:18 PM
Jul 2023
This episode adaption felt more unsettling in the anime. One thing I love about manga receiving anime adaptions is this.
Sep 3, 2023 2:06 PM

Oct 2022
Oh great now hardcore anime fans are gonna start calling Yayoi an anime tourist it's so over.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Sep 3, 2023 2:28 PM

Nov 2019
Very Nice Episode
Sep 3, 2023 2:33 PM
Jul 2021
I thought ghosts likes souls but bro went straight for the brain tho 😂

Yayoi has big brass ones! And Keitarou brass ones finally dropped down!

Yayoi calling that "god" wannabe a lolicon caught me off guard, but him replying with his preference was funnier 😂
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 3, 2023 2:54 PM
Jul 2023
pretty good episode. not too scary
Sep 3, 2023 3:37 PM

Apr 2016
HOOOOOOOLY so much things happened, this episode gives me the creeps. Such a good episode.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 3, 2023 3:39 PM
Mar 2015
They punished the brain stealer with eternal death Now the god will wait till Yayoi grows up
Sep 3, 2023 3:46 PM

May 2019
Yeah things are definitely picking up with this one being the most disturbing episode so far. Brain stems huh, that evil spirit has a weird fetish and those kids in the elevator suffered some serious torture.

I've said this before and that is Yayoi is so mature for her age that I wonder if she's reincarnated. Anyways, I don't doubt she'll somehow overcome this menacing god but I'm sure it won't be easy.
Sep 3, 2023 3:48 PM
Jan 2023
Things only pick up from here, so get ready lol. One thing the anime changed was that Yayoi doesn't stick her thumbs down in the manga, she gives the god the finger.
Sep 3, 2023 3:57 PM
Jun 2014
I don't think i've ever seen someone/something delicately grasp the brain stem like that. I cant imagine how bad that would be to go out like that. Glad he will be getting the ultimate torture treatment until it is time to collect. We Really are getting into more of the world now as things don't completely wrap up like usual. I wonder how Deep the rabbit hole will go since we will have 16 more eps of content left. I'm sure there be plenty of God like beings that scale crazy in power from here on out.
Sep 3, 2023 4:05 PM
Aug 2020
this was a great episode

i really love this anime, it gives a different vibe

it's scary in a good way...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 3, 2023 4:43 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That ghost really used those girls’ brains like balloons lol, quite the gross stuff, especially when it showed that one girl dying in the past, definitely metal af too lol. But it was nice seeing Yayoi give that ghost a taste of his own medicine, being tortured until his victims are satisfied which could be years from now seemed very fitting, a ghost scarecrow is also very metal lol, a ghostcrow if you will.

And the end where they pretty much declared war on the god was really cool, this god is definitely akin to a legendary Pokémon if we’re still comparing this to Pokémon so I can’t wait to see how they deal with him, and I’m also excited to see Yayoi’s “graduate” ghosts. I was also happy to see that Ai finally has a place she can be around others thanks to Keitaro and Yayoi, they ain’t afraid of no ghosts so she’s in good hands lol. A banger episode this was indeed, the spooky vibe was definitely hitting.
Sep 3, 2023 5:23 PM

Nov 2008
Ai was lucky that she hugged Yayoi in thanks instead of Keitaro or Eiko would have made the Evil God look like a powder puff.
Sep 3, 2023 5:48 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
In this anime the loli protects you... Russian reversal..
The subbers must think that we are all oblivious and unfamiliar with the japanese language and don't understand it..
Yayoi clearly said the God is a lolicon, pedo God. But they changed it to "problematic God."

You can't fool me, I'm familiar with Japanese language and understand plenty of things..

Come on Yayoi Chan, eradicate that pedo God...
Yayoi-Chan is powerful enough to kill a god..
Are you?

Sep 3, 2023 5:50 PM
Aug 2022
God so far I’ve been mainly invested in kei and eiko’s growing relationship. It may be subtle and technically not the main focus but I still enjoy it non the less.

But god dam the horror in this episode was something else. The whole thing with the ghost touching kei’s brain stem and then seeing that women getting her brain stem pulled at was so creepy. He got what he deserved in the end.

I just know that eiko is loving every bit of this.

Seeing the god actually communicate to yayoi and kei was surprising but very cool to see and from the way yayoi was speaking she might have more captured ghosts that are stronger hidden somewhere.

Definitely the creepiest episode so far and I’m loving it. This episode surprised me a lot.

I’m glad to have dark gathering fill the void of not getting a second season of Mieruko-chan.

Mieruko-chan gets so good after we’re the first season ends. It’s not necessarily as creepy as dark gathering. But it’s still got a very good and rich story.
Sep 3, 2023 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
Brain stem tearing not cool, man. Keep it in your pockets.
Sep 3, 2023 7:46 PM
May 2023
I think I overloaded on scary stuff after falling in love with Horror when I watched Paranormal Activity when I was a kid. I still like horror, it just doesn't scare me you know. I actually got creeped out this episode for the first time in a while.
Sep 3, 2023 8:07 PM

Oct 2022
It's the first time seeing Yayoi-chan bit her lips. She's definitely pissed. What's even more scary here is that, the ones in her room are preschoolers!? Then where the hell is she keeping her graduates!?

And which chapter should I start from here?
Sep 3, 2023 8:30 PM

Jun 2021
Yayoi doesn't get scared, does she? She even challenged the God. But I can feel that this won't be easy unlike before..
Sep 3, 2023 8:34 PM

Nov 2022
Damn if I saw that while going down an elevator like that I would be like nope, no more elevators for me. Stairs only from now on.
Sep 3, 2023 9:19 PM
Jan 2023
That became very dark very quickly. An evil spirit that rips out brains from those who it kills, and then uses that to torture them more as spirits. Now that is horrifying. Seems Ai would have been in quite a lot of trouble if it wasn't for Yayoi and Keitarou being there.

Interesting to note that one of the victims, Keitarou seemed to know who she was. That wasn't really elaborated on though, I'd be interested to see if that's significant to the story in any way.

The way that spirit was at every floor there was honestly terrifying, if that happened to me, that would be no more elevator and just stairs for the rest of time. Using that spirit as a scarecrow was honestly brilliant, got what it deserved, the pain and suffering that it had been inflicting on others is now being returned to them.

Seems the battle against the god begins, and the spirits already seem to want to kill it. Yayoi will probably come up with some crazy plan to take it down. Oh and the age gap between the god and Ai, not cool.

Next week's episode is gonna be a good one judging by the preview. Can't wait!
Sep 3, 2023 9:25 PM
Jan 2016
The only thing that I hope they answer is why we aren't seeing more benevolent entities? Do you have to be a POS to ghostify unless attacked?
You'd think we'd see at least one positive entity that specifically targets evil spirits/people to consume.

Especially when we see a portion of people who are spirits while retaining some humanity or entities like the "god" they've introduced which seems to be able to talk normally and reason at least semi-normally.
Sep 3, 2023 9:26 PM

Mar 2019
This opening song reminds me of those visual kei bands from the early 2000's, very good!
By the way, did you see that Good Smile released a Yayoi plush? how cute! 🧸

Sep 3, 2023 9:28 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to basskiller
Damn if I saw that while going down an elevator like that I would be like nope, no more elevators for me. Stairs only from now on.
@basskiller
Lmao bro fr. The moment they stepped into the elevator I went "Come on guys, you know that in a horror story you're not supposed to use the elevator..."
UndefeatedBahamut
Sep 3, 2023 9:31 PM

Oct 2022
They pulled an uno reverse card on that ghost. I hope the mc understands that running away isn't always the best option. I hope he learns to fight as well, even just for self-defense.
UndefeatedBahamut
Sep 3, 2023 9:37 PM

Dec 2022
WTF he's treating those brains like balloons.
Sep 3, 2023 9:39 PM

Oct 2022
I loved it when she called that god a lolicon. So its only 500 years old, she probably has spirits that are older than that. He will make a fine addition to her collection.

Sep 3, 2023 9:40 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to lazypanda666
WTF he's treating those brains like balloons.
@lazypanda666 He's a true murderclown...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

66 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

94 by Magicmist »»
May 12, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

63 by Magicmist »»
May 5, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

107 by red1130 »»
May 2, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

76 by Magicmist »»
Apr 28, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.