Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 3, 2023 3:22 PM
May 2023
The voice acting goes incredibly crazy
Sep 3, 2023 3:25 PM
Aug 2022
Why can´t I rate this episode more than 5 stars?
Why can´t I rate MT more than 10 points?

Masterpiece
Sep 3, 2023 3:27 PM
Dec 2017
I Love this series so much. These weekly episodes have time and time again, been the light at the end of the tunnel. And this episode was once again, Amazing!
Sep 3, 2023 3:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wasn’t expecting such a plot intensive episode this week after the goofy and fun stuff we’ve been seeing, that’s partly why it really hurt to see Rudeus freaking out because of his PTSD upon seeing Nanahoshi, and then later with Sylphie’s pure rage once Nanahoshi dropped the ball that she may have caused the mass teleportation, and I can’t blame either of them for their reactions. Nanahoshi has made things quite interesting tho, the fact she was teleported to this world instead of being reincarnated and that she wants to return to her world as opposed to Rudeus, and we all know why Rudeus doesn’t want to go back.

Felt bad for Sylphie during Rudeus and Nanahoshi’s conversation too since she couldn’t understand a lick of it, this has me wondering if Rudeus will ever tell anyone that he’s reincarnated or not. But after all that wild stuff, the goal now is to help Nanahoshi with her experiments in return for information, looking forward to seeing how that goes, as well as the issue with Sylphie not revealing her identity which was touched on at the beginning of the episode, I figured her reasoning for not telling Rudeus was something like that, and as I’ve said before I don’t mind her not telling him because their current relationship is fun but I can’t deny that I’d like to see her reveal it eventually lol.
Sep 3, 2023 3:49 PM
Dec 2018
Fiquei surpreso em ver esse episodio, espero ansiosamente pelo proximo!
Sep 3, 2023 3:49 PM
Nov 2019
Rudy meeting someone from the real world is super interesting. Her goal is to go back to Japan, while Rudy even after everything he's been through has no desire to go back. Also I like how she had to put the rings on before saying she probably caused the teleportation because Sylphie might attack her.
Sep 3, 2023 3:51 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn that episode was great!! Lots of key plot points and some intense moments.
Sep 3, 2023 4:05 PM

Feb 2012
Okay. 10/10, 5 stars, love this episode's world/lore building; it made this season/series rise even higher than it already has in the ranks of top isekai anime OF ALL TIME.
Sep 3, 2023 4:09 PM

Feb 2017
Is one of the best episode of the season, when rudeus get a panic attack for seeing the masked girl and when Fitzz get furious and angry for knowing who do the massive accident was epic edge seinen scene.

When the mask girl put the rings of magic like a casual thing, knowing what she will say later will provoke, it was a good wink,
speak in a foreign language It is something very original that they should use more often.
(The other anime that they talk in a foreing language oftenly that i know is Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam,
because some enemies speak in Russian, and is soo cool.)

it is very good to know in advance that this excellent anime continues next year :).

Henceforth_WhiteSep 3, 2023 4:14 PM
Sep 3, 2023 4:32 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Sep 3, 2023 4:37 PM

Dec 2016
This is probably one of the better episodes this season, with the amount of lore being dumped.
Sep 3, 2023 4:37 PM
Jul 2022
Poor Rudy getting flashbacks, even Sylphie almost Broke character with how mad she was too. At least they're closer to finding out what happened now. The language transition was pretty good, reminded me of how they did it in The Red October.
Sep 3, 2023 4:57 PM
Jul 2023
It's a nice episode, i'm still waiting for Sylphie reveal
Sep 3, 2023 4:58 PM

Dec 2015
Imma be honest I completely forgot about the girl with the mask, but I find it awesome that she is also somebody from the real world and that there seems to be others as well! A lot of isekai these days only ever focus on 1 person getting isekaied. Mushoku Tensei really has it all covered, no wonder it's considered the isekai of all isekai xD

Also never thought Sylphie could get that angry :O Rudeus better remember her when she reveals her true identity to him, otherwise he might just have another moment that will give him PTSD xD
Sep 3, 2023 5:02 PM
May 2020
bombshells left, right and centre this episode
Sep 3, 2023 5:02 PM

Dec 2019
What an episode filled with tension from start to finish, this was needed after the previous calm SoL eps

I'm such a fan of MT's world-building concept, not overly complex yet there's still a lot to be unrevealed without being pretentious, truly pEaK iSEkai. This season's OP/ED has also really grown on me both visuals and song choice <3
Sep 3, 2023 5:16 PM
Jun 2019
as per usual, peak fiction
Sep 3, 2023 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
i havent liked this season so far but this was a good episode, back then i thought this girl also got Isekai d an i didnt got the point of the mask though
Sep 3, 2023 5:24 PM

Mar 2020
The identity of Nanahoshi revealed, as the girl Rudeus saved in his previous life. This was a lot to take in...

There had to be a reason why Nanahoshi saved Rudeus back when Orsted stabbed him through the heart. It turns out that Nanahoshi was also someone from Rudeus' past setting, but unlike Rudeus, she might have been teleported to this world, whereas Rudeus was reincarnated. The episode was mostly dialogue based, but the lore was so intriguing that it flew by very quickly. Sylphie breaking out of her calm demeanour and attacking Nanahoshi was also a shocker, and it's clear how much she cares about Rudeus. In terms of plot development and intrigue, this was easily the best episode so far this season, and I'm looking forward to more! I do wonder though, if Sylphie will reveal who she is to Rudeus before this cour come to an end. I would certainly hope so.
Sep 3, 2023 5:30 PM
Jul 2023
thus episode is nice
Sep 3, 2023 5:50 PM
Dec 2019
The girl in the white mask is a good contrast to Rudeus. She understands more about the world. She wants to get back because she hates this new world while Rudeus loves it because he gets to start over. She has no magic power Rudeus has crazy magic abilities.
Sep 3, 2023 6:15 PM

Apr 2022
okay, now we're getting somewhere with this episode. masked girl is a victim of truck-kun as well, huh. i feel for fitz who just had to awkwardly sit there while not understanding a word lol but her 'reaction to that bit of information' was fair enough.
Sep 3, 2023 6:25 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to Embient
Nanahoshi! (I was spoiled on her name. Or was it mentioned in the first season? Idk)
Oh, they switched back to this world's language to show how they speak in Japanese. Nice.
9:47 I feel like Rudeus' eyes being covered here symbolizes something.
Bro I feel so bad for Sylphie lmao. Imagine just sitting there while they are talking in a completely unknown language to you and don't even seem to notice you.
Really looking forward to more Nanahoshi. Good stuff.
"Next Time: These Feelings" Sylphie reveals the truth to Rudeus perhaps?
@Embient Nanahoshi was mentioned in Turning Point 2 episode, Eris told Rudeus that Nanahoshi helped convince Orsted to save Rudeus after their battle.
Sep 3, 2023 6:46 PM

Nov 2013
Exposition episode, at least it wasn't set in a cafe. Fun trying to watch the camera try really hard to find new angels. But mostly this episode was very uninteresting visually while very interesting story wise. Which makes it pretty mid overall.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Sep 3, 2023 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe so many revelations happened in a single episode! But we still didn't get one of the main ones, Sylphy confirmed dumb, i knew she couldn't have had any reasonable reason to not tell Rudeus it was her, but this episode we finally confirmed it!
I don't know why but when i saw her and she was the 'teleportation master' i had a feeling that she had to be 'responsible' for the teleportation incident, but knowing that she's the girl from the bus, damn! I remember back in the 1st season i always wondered if she made it like him so that they would meet in the future, and i forgot about her since it took a few years from the 1st season/part.

Finally, we're getting somewhere, and yet Sylphy remains silent, will she drag this out till the last episode?
We'll see i guess :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 3, 2023 8:21 PM
May 2023
FUCKING TELL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2023 8:47 PM

Jan 2020
Best episode of the season hands down. This episode is the most reminiscent of S1 imo
Sep 3, 2023 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
Rudeus... got the very reaction I was hoping for. That panic-attack was seriously realistic. 🫨

I finally get to see Nanahoshi get animated! 🥰🥰🥰
However, she didn't get that mysterious vibe I was hoping for and a close lookup/focus on her beautiful black hair... 😰😑😵‍💫

Sylphy getting jealous... OwO
She should definitely tell Rudeus her true name... soon. >_<
CrazyButNot4USep 3, 2023 8:54 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 3, 2023 8:53 PM

May 2019
lol poor silphy, she got absolutely ignored when asking for them to speak common language.

Btw, Rudeus is completely braindead for still not seeying that Fitz is a girl. But it dont will take too long for change.
Sep 3, 2023 8:58 PM

Apr 2023
Sylphie, Sylphie... You better start spilling the words before Rudeus goes back to getting hard for girls other than you lol

It's okay that Nanahoshi has mentally aged at least 5 years since the uncommitted high school girl she was when she was brought, but the analysis of the customs and morals of the society of that new world that she doesn't like, was so to the point that I would say that she, in our world , would have made a good anthropologist. I just don't know why she put the mask back on after showing herself to Rudeus...
Shaka-bunSep 3, 2023 9:10 PM
Sep 3, 2023 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
i can actually say this was one of the best episodes for this show all season as a big lore drop was like this has to have something big happen i totally didn't even remember she was there when he was killed by that one dude so i was like why is he freaking out so much

i'm sure with MT being the gratherfather isekai blah blah this reveal of other people being brought here would've been more surprising at the time but it's been used so commonly with all the other junk however the biggest factor of it being connected to such a disaster of turning point still leaves a mystery of who and why they summoned Nanahoshi

they at least explained to us she doesn't age so i'll take it ,because i knew there was a time inconsistence with the delay between her being summoned and Rudy being reborn
Sep 3, 2023 9:24 PM

Jul 2016
Finally an interesting episode after nine awfully boring weeks. Good to see this show finally deciding to move the plot forward and stop fooling around with rom-com shenanigans, molestation jokes and sex-related side-plots that nobody gives a shit about.
Sep 3, 2023 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
This was by far the best episode this season. We received an enormous amount of new insights and information. I wouldn't necessarily have guessed that the special student Silent Sevenstar was the same girl who was with Orsted. Given the horrific experience Rudeus had with Orsted, it's no wonder he had such a panic attack and even passed out.

What followed was extremely interesting because it gave the story a whole new dynamic. So Nanahoshi was actually among the 3 students that Rudeus wanted to save in his previous life?
I can understand why Nanahoshi would want to go back to her old life since that is where she left friends and family behind. In contrast, if you consider not only Rudeu's reincarnation, but also his old life, of which he doesn't miss anything, it's not surprising why he doesn't want to lose his new home and, above all, his chance to start his new attained life. Accordingly, their view of this world is entirely different from each other. What is striking is the fact that Nanahoshi neither has mana nor seems to age. Is this a side effect of directly summoning a person from another world?

At least we now know that Orsted harbors a personal grudge against the man-god, although unfortunately the exact background to this has not been revealed.
It also remains a mystery why he helps Nanahoshi at all and even travels around the world to find clues for her return to her world. While it is only a guess, the two people on the note will likely have come into this world in the same way as Rudeus and Nanahoshi. Could direct summons even be such an anomaly that they pose a threat to this world? And who is the person who told Nanahoshi that she might have been summoned by someone?

I wonder if the mana disaster was really caused by Nanahoshi's summoning or if there is some other reason. Nonetheless, she could have phrased this a lot better in present of Sylphie, as we all know the disastrous consequences it had for her, her family, Rudeus, his family and all the other people. Sylphie's reaction was understandable, since she didn't know that Nanahoshi didn't choose to end up in this world. Is there a special reason why Nanahoshi wears this mask?

So many new questions to which we hopefully get answers soon enough. Rudeus and Nanahoshi may have made a contract, but I don't fully trust her yet.

Btw, Sylphie is really stupid if she thinks Rudeus ever forgot about her. Unfortunately, she seems to be a person who worries too much, which in this case is very debilitating.

Sep 3, 2023 9:44 PM

Jul 2021
well this heavy episode came outta nowhere. a little warning would have been nice. i was prepared for another slice of life episode and not this heavy dump.

i didn't even think that that mask lady could be present in the same uni as rudy until i saw her and saw rudy freak tf out which was pretty understandable. i wasn't prepared for the small but sudden and very much info dump. it took time for me to even register that the masked woman is a nihonjin and she didn't reincarnate but teleported 5 years back. but that didn't make sense to me. she should have been teleported when rudy died i.e. 15 years back so how did she come to this world only 5 years ago?

and there are two more japanese people in this world, huh?

i feel like after listening to the foregin object talk that rudy isn't a foreign body here but the masked woman is. even if you look technically she was teleported here directly so it makes sense that she can be a foreign body but in rudy's case i think whoever summoned him there delibrately made it so that he gets reincarnated so as to get past this foreign body thingy.

also i don't remember the part where the man-god said that orested caused the teleportation but the masked woman said that even orested doesn't know what caused it. makes it hard to trust either of them. but i would say man-god is a little bit more trustable than orested.

why do i feel like sylphie is gonna reveal her identity in next episode? i feel like she was a little shaken by the thought that someone else could take him away like the masked lady so she will at least reveal her identity so she at least doesn't have any regrets. little does she know how happy rudy's gonna be once he finds out fitz is sylphie. first i guess he'll freak out and get a little mad at her for concealing her identity for so long.
TsutanaiFuunSep 3, 2023 9:59 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 3, 2023 9:56 PM
Nov 2019
misteri teleportasi sedikit sedikit ada pencerahan setelah bertemu nanaoshi
My Candies :
Sep 3, 2023 10:18 PM
Jan 2016
It's a pretty huge discovery finding out that some people were summoned to the world along with Rudeus (though it was hinted at in S1), but g'damn it blueballs me that he didn't mention any details about the "traffic accident" to let them know that it was all the same people and same event.

Either way this adds a lot to the mystery behind his reincarnation, their summoning and the teleportation. Makes me wonder if the Man-God (or someone else) did something when they were summoned to piggy-back Rudeus onto it and reincarnate him earlier in time instead since it seems implied that he's more stably connected to the world. Because either way something is different with how he was brought in compared to the rest.

Also the build-up surrounding Sylphie is going on so long it's a tad bit frustrating. I hope we get the reveal soon so that we can get this band-aid off quickly.

EDIT:

Just read this
CalorieEnchiladaSep 3, 2023 10:24 PM
Sep 3, 2023 10:26 PM

Apr 2015
Oh finally a good episode, definitely the best one of the season by far at this point. Did not expect someone from Rudeus's original world to pop up but she sure shook things up, in a good way. We've got a lot of new revelations and answers to what Rudeus has been looking for. Hopefully it stays this way for the rest of the season. I really don't care about Sylphy revealing her identity, but I guess it's bound to happen within the remaining few episodes left.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 3, 2023 10:36 PM
Jan 2016
El-Melloi said:
Season 1, Episode 1: "Two high school students thought to have also been hit are currently missing."
I don't understand how I didn't manage to catch this until now, it was staring us in the face the whole time. Rewatching the beginning of that episode also makes it clear that one of the people Shizuka is looking for definitely hasn't been isekai'd. There was also a flashback where he sees the three of them at the beginning of the second episode.

You did the same thing I did. I went back and checked a few of the references to S1. "The wicked Dragon God's better at that sort of thing" from s01e09 is also where Rudeus got the idea that Orsted might've been the one behind the teleportation. Though the previous episode shows Orsted seemingly unaware and going to look for whoever caused it (presumably leading to him finding Nanahoshi).

Jaytaro10 said:
I really loved how at the beginning of the dialogue between Rudeus and Nanahoshi, they were speaking in the language of this foreign world and switched to Japanese to keep Fitz out of the loop.
Most isekais wouldn't even bother

This anime has been fun about languages in general. I've really appreciated them actually having him switch over to speaking Demon/Beastman/etc. languages when appropriate. Sometimes emphasizing the switch and difference with the VAs saying something in some other language (or nonsense, idk) and subtitling it is also really effective.
Sep 3, 2023 10:44 PM

Aug 2018
Now that was a hell of an episode. Finally we get our money’s worth.
Sep 3, 2023 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't know I was a Sylphie simp until this episode. Please protect her smile.
Sep 3, 2023 11:06 PM
Nov 2022
I think there are few (good) animes that add a character who is also in another world; I like that concept as it hasn't been exploited much.

I am surprised by the realism in terms of Rudeus's mental health, he is traumatized and really acts like any person would; besides that his mind makes him think of negative scenarios, (just like the human mind works).

In many other animes they also go through very challenging situations but the next day they are as if nothing had happened ._.

I haven't read the LN so everything shown in the anime is surprising me a lot, so much so that it even makes me want to go and buy the books xd
Sep 3, 2023 11:25 PM

May 2015
this episode was just info dump 😞
at least we got a nice Sylphy scene
Sep 3, 2023 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
I fucking hate bottle episodes. They could have at least shown some slideshows of the events, instead of just making us stare at a bunch of barely animated faces sitting around in a room and yapping endlessly at each other, as if this is a radio show (or a podcast, for the kids these days).
Sep 3, 2023 11:49 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode. There just wasn't a lot that they could've cut from this interaction since most of it is very important stuff and needed the room the episode gave it to explain everything. There were some few details that were cut compared to the LN but nothing big unlike in the last episode.
Sep 3, 2023 11:56 PM

Feb 2023
The good: the plot finally progresses.
The bad: no badigadi sensei.
The ugly: no kishirika.

Rudeus, you're a battery now. A battery.
Sep 4, 2023 12:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely interesting for Nanahoshi's situation, especially how she got teleported into this world unlike Rudeus who had that reincarnation from the very beginning
Sep 4, 2023 12:16 AM
Sep 2023
Damn! What an episode. I think he will know that Fitz is Sylphie in the next ep. Can't wait!

Sep 4, 2023 1:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Apratim
If nanahoshi doesn't have mana then how she used the barriers??? some Magic item?? LN or manga readers answer plz
Good episode. They brought in some of the elements that were glossed over previously and included it all in Nanhoshi and Rudeus conversation. The acting and directing was really well done. It managed to convey the discomfort that Rudeus feels when someone from a past he hates is there and coul potentially see through his happy iseikai life. The difference between Nanahoshi, who had a normal, relatively well adjusted life and Rudeus who was one step away from being homeless and rejected by society is stark: One is content with the new chance at life and the other was unhappy and traumatized.

@Apratim The rings she wore were given to her by Orsted for self defense.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 2023 1:24 AM

Jul 2022
Best ep so far.. Waiting for more!!
I didn't expect this to be that much good but ohh boii.. Nice.
Sep 4, 2023 2:02 AM

May 2015
Maybe the most interesting episode of this season. Silent seems to be a good character.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - Yesterday

13 by Kitsune_089 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

453 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Giorgosman13 - Aug 27, 2023

193 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.