Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2023 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
The continuation of Gear 5 is here!! 
Aug 12, 2023 4:45 PM

Nov 2016
Good follow up for Geart 5th. The attacks showcased put Looney Tunes to shame. Getting abused as a Jump Rope had Kaido screaming lmao. We saw a lot more like Luffy finally becoming a giant or everyone’s eyes popping out, but nothing topped the reflected Boro Breath from last episode.

I wasn't too big on the Over the Top instrumental. There are OSTs which would've gotten me more pumped. At least it stands for Wano and Luffy vs Kaido. Makes it hard to hate. Can't say the same for the SSJ aura.

Luffy bouncing back was still great. Kicking off the 2nd half fight with switched up style, I like.

Big shoutout to Wedro. Without him we wouldn't have been here. He hasn't realized yet that he's Joy Boy. We keep it classic with the good ol King of the Pirates catchphrase. I love that he started to add surpass you when saying it to Yonkou making it more personal. Speaking of personal. Both were enjoying their fight to the fullest and Luff asking Kaido be like

Compared to 1071 I gotta say that preferred the visual direction for this episode for most parts. It was more like One Piece. On a second thought it's more like both episodes had outstanding and mediocre scenes. This one had simply more enjoyable or rather said hilarious techniques.

Ok everyone was right Skypiea foreshadowed Gear 5th fr

FMmatronAug 13, 2023 2:18 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 12, 2023 4:46 PM

Sep 2015
Welp another Gear 5 episode... here we go...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 12, 2023 4:46 PM

Dec 2021
Wholeheartedly agree that this was an exhilarating encounter. Luffy is showing a remarkable lack of respect towards Kaidou. A jump rope, of all things, has become his weapon of choice—talk about a surprising twist, LMAO. 

Resuming their clash, Kaidou confidently declares Luffy's demise, a notion that Luffy acknowledges. Watching Luffy's repeated rebounds from the ground, Kaidou deduces the activation of Luffy's awakened Paramecia Devil Fruit, enabling him to transform his surroundings into rubber. Yet, he senses a puzzling incongruity, as Luffy's transformation should more closely resemble that of a Zoan user.

Descending toward the rooftop once more, Kaidou launches another Bolo Breath attack at Luffy, a direct hit that sends him tumbling down. But Luffy's frustration takes over, his legs spinning so rapidly that he defies gravity, traversing the very air to return to the rooftop. Reminds me of a certain movie's fantastical athleticism; Luffy could be the star of the next Space Jam, because if he's not in it, I won't be watching. 

Kaidou, grappling to fathom Luffy's novel fighting style, witnesses Luffy approaching with his arms whirling like helicopter blades. Luffy lands a punch on Kaidou, seemingly passing through his head before toppling him to the ground. All the while, Luffy gleefully comments on the sheer joy of it all. 

OHHH MY GOOOOD, the way the played Over the Top over the fantastically animated big Luffy v. Kaidou made it 10x more hype. When I first delved into the adapted chapter, I pondered if Toei could truly do it justice. Lo and behold, this episode surpasses expectations. Tasuku Shimaya directed it with finesse, while Megumi Ishitani orchestrated the storyboarding to perfection. I must say, her storyboards are an art form in themselves, brimming with intricate details. And let's not forget the contributions of other talents like Bahi JD and Tu Yong-ce, among others. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to all those who played a part in creating this masterpiece of an episode. 

"IM MONKEY D. LUFFY THE MAN WHO'S GONNA SURPASS YOU AND BECOME THE KING OF THE PIRATES!" 

IzanaSolosAug 12, 2023 6:06 PM

Aug 12, 2023 5:12 PM

Apr 2022
lmfaoo gear 5 luffy doesn't give a shit, disrespect goes crazy.
ryzxgumAug 12, 2023 7:01 PM
Aug 12, 2023 5:21 PM
May 2021
Where can I watch it
Aug 12, 2023 5:58 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was some battle! I was thinking it’d come to an end this episode but I guess we’ll be needing one or two more. But the preview suggests there’ll be more scenes down so who knows. Wano arc has been very long but we’re finally coming towards the end now.

Midway through the first half of the episode, the animation style changed with Momo-chan and Yamato making their way up to the battle site, and I knew it was just going to be lovely mayhem from then! Lmao, that face of Luffy right before the mid episode break, all that suspense with the characters from downstairs and then that just left me chucking a bit. There was a few more in the second half, lol, serious rubber capabilities.

Completely exhausted form was concerning but it’s good to see that he was able to revert back to Gear 5 stage by remembering the Wano inhabitants. “You think I’m scared of dying.” - yes! Drums of liberation and the main theme, that alone is top tier, but add the amazing animation on top of that and it’s an easy 10. Ganesha and the Marines watching from a distance, I wonder if Luffy will be able to punch Kaido off to them, xD.

@Kenechukwu2006 It was on live tv in Japan (Fuji TV). You'll to have to wait an hour from now for the official release with English subs. 
_MushiRock11_Aug 12, 2023 6:01 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 12, 2023 5:59 PM
May 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, that was some battle! I was thinking it’d come to an end this episode but I guess we’ll be needing one or two more. But the preview suggests there’ll be more scenes down so who knows. Wano arc has been very long but we’re finally coming towards the end now.

Midway through the first half of the episode, the animation style changed with Momo-chan and Yamato making their way up to the battle site, and I knew it was just going to be lovely mayhem from then! Lmao, that face of Luffy right before the mid episode break, all that suspense with the characters from downstairs and then that just left me chucking a bit. There was a few more in the second half, lol, serious rubber capabilities.

Completely exhausted form was concerning but it’s good to see that he was able to revert back to Gear 5 stage by remembering the Wano inhabitants. “You think I’m scared of dying.” - yes! Drums of liberation and the main theme, that alone is top tier, but add the amazing animation on top of that and it’s an easy 10. Ganesha and the Marines watching from a distance, I wonder if Luffy will be able to punch Kaido off to them, xD.

Where can I watch it
Aug 12, 2023 6:01 PM

Jul 2021
After the Gear 5 reveal, the focus shifts to Luffy's ongoing battle against Kaido. There are funny moments where Luffy bends and twists Kaido in unusual ways, almost like playing with a toy. These scenes are sometimes even more enjoyable in the manga version as they capture the moments well. Despite Luffy's powerful new form, Kaido remains resilient and isn't easily defeated, partly because Luffy's transformation has some drawbacks. In the second half, Luffy manages to regain his momentum and continues to fight strongly. He's agile, leaping from one spot to another until he finally brings Kaido down to the ground.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 12, 2023 6:03 PM

Oct 2017
This battle is gonna be so ridiculous.
Aug 12, 2023 6:09 PM

Jun 2014
Once again, they cooked. When the animation changed as Luffy was getting himself prepped to attack during those final few minutes I knew that shit was gonna be lit. 

Also I'm glad we finally got to see the "escaping from Kaido through his eyes" moment and the jump rope 💀💀💀 overall I'm loving how well they're capturing how goofy this fight is lol, very fitting as this was described by the Five Elders as "the most ridiculous power in the world." And ridiculous it certainly is.
thebrentinator24Aug 12, 2023 6:15 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 12, 2023 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
Kaido became a Gomu Gomu no Jump Rope lol. I think my favorite segment was when Luffy reactivated Gear 5. Looked and sounded like he was going Super Saiyan. And then ending with him declaring it to Kaido was very satisfying.
Aug 12, 2023 6:48 PM

Aug 2023
Man... I just don't see the appeal. It is so painful seeing this series go from the likes of Marineford to this circus freak show. One Piece was always goofy and light-hearted, but it still took itself seriously and that's why its most iconic moments include things like Ace's death and "The One Piece is real". It was never Looney Tunes with no emotional beats. Oda is just doing anything he likes at this point because this series is too big for its own good. I can't take any of the stupid shit Luffy is doing to such a major antagonist like impregnating him seriously. Why is such an important point in the story being reduced to mere slapstick comedy?

This series has completely lost the romantic charm it had pre-timeskip ever since Wano, and Gear 5 was just firm confirmation that it will never come back.
TMSkiiAug 12, 2023 6:53 PM
Aug 12, 2023 6:55 PM

Jul 2007
TMSkii said:
Man... I just don't see the appeal. It is so painful seeing this series go from the likes of Marineford to this circus freak show. One Piece was always goofy and light-hearted, but it still took itself seriously and that's why its most iconic moments include things like Ace's death and "The One Piece is real". It was never Looney Tunes with no emotional beats. Oda is just doing anything he likes at this point because this series is too big for its own good. I can't take any of the stupid shit Luffy is doing to such a major antagonist like impregnating him seriously. Why is such an important point in the story being reduced to mere comedy?

This series has completely lost the romantic charm it had pre-timeskip ever since Wano, and Gear 5 was just confirmation that it will never come back.
Hah, naww it still exists, its just Luffy him self has a power that represents truly who he is and oda wanted to go a little outside the boundaries with this one. Its deffinitly bold on his part because as I far as i know, no author ever went this extreme, almost 4th wall breaking. But the serous tone and dramatics of one piece are still there so not to worry. I do understand the contraversy with this major tonal shift but it is what it is and its not TOEI really that made it that way, its oda. TOEI is just trying to represent it the same as the manga. 

Aug 12, 2023 7:04 PM
Jan 2020
THIS EPISODE IS WHERE THE ACTION HAPPENS, PEAK ANIMATION. LUFFY'S GOMU-GOMU NO GIANT, ESCAPE ROCKET, BALLOON! LUFFY USING KAIDO AS A SKIPPING ROPE IN HIS GIANT FORM WAS HILARIOUS! GEAR 5 AT FULL FORCE!
Aug 12, 2023 7:09 PM
Jan 2020
IzanaSolos said:
Wholeheartedly agree that this was an exhilarating encounter. Luffy is showing a remarkable lack of respect towards Kaidou. A jump rope, of all things, has become his weapon of choice—talk about a surprising twist, LMAO. 

Resuming their clash, Kaidou confidently declares Luffy's demise, a notion that Luffy acknowledges. Watching Luffy's repeated rebounds from the ground, Kaidou deduces the activation of Luffy's awakened Paramecia Devil Fruit, enabling him to transform his surroundings into rubber. Yet, he senses a puzzling incongruity, as Luffy's transformation should more closely resemble that of a Zoan user.

Descending toward the rooftop once more, Kaidou launches another Bolo Breath attack at Luffy, a direct hit that sends him tumbling down. But Luffy's frustration takes over, his legs spinning so rapidly that he defies gravity, traversing the very air to return to the rooftop. Reminds me of a certain movie's fantastical athleticism; Luffy could be the star of the next Space Jam, because if he's not in it, I won't be watching. 

Kaidou, grappling to fathom Luffy's novel fighting style, witnesses Luffy approaching with his arms whirling like helicopter blades. Luffy lands a punch on Kaidou, seemingly passing through his head before toppling him to the ground. All the while, Luffy gleefully comments on the sheer joy of it all. 

OHHH MY GOOOOD, the way the played Over the Top over the fantastically animated big Luffy v. Kaidou made it 10x more hype. When I first delved into the adapted chapter, I pondered if Toei could truly do it justice. Lo and behold, this episode surpasses expectations. Tasuku Shimaya directed it with finesse, while Megumi Ishitani orchestrated the storyboarding to perfection. I must say, her storyboards are an art form in themselves, brimming with intricate details. And let's not forget the contributions of other talents like Bahi JD and Tu Yong-ce, among others. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to all those who played a part in creating this masterpiece of an episode. 

"IM MONKEY D. LUFFY THE MAN WHO'S GONNA SURPASS YOU AND BECOME THE KING OF THE PIRATES!" 

Are you Geo from Twitter? lmao
Aug 12, 2023 7:17 PM
Dec 2022
ONE PIECEEEEE GEARRR FIFTHH
Aug 12, 2023 7:24 PM

Apr 2022
watched the raw version of the episode again, two weeks in a row. what gear 5 does to a man.
episode director was tasuku shimaya though, megumi ishitani only storyboarded it.
the sakuga flex was crazy yet again! the osts hit so hard this episode. the reactivation of gear 5 was my favorite part, hit the gear 2nd pose.

loved everyone's reaction to luffy popping through the roof and their eyes popped out of their heads lmao they squeezed it in like manga panels. luffy laughing and hopping around before kaido sneaked up and whacked tf out of him, can already see memes of that scene lmao. luffy ran like the roadrunner while tryna grab onto his facial features, bro isn't taking kaido seriously at all. bro literally punched through kaido's face with the "boing" sfx lmfao and used kaido as a jump rope. luffy was really playing it on easy mode, was about to causally stomp kaido before getting bit lmao loads of hilarious moments this episode again. can't wait for the next! will rewatch this episode and 1071 while waiting though.
ryzxgumAug 13, 2023 3:32 AM
Aug 12, 2023 7:25 PM
Nov 2021
THIS WAS THE BEST EPISODE OF ANY ANIME EVER
Aug 12, 2023 7:29 PM

Mar 2016
More nonsense crazy yet stunning animation peak this week, and I'm all in for it!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 12, 2023 7:37 PM

Nov 2018
I'm honestly having the most fun watching One Piece since forever. Such an amazing and funny episode this one was. Toei are really pulling out all the stops for G5 Luffy and I'm all for it.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Aug 12, 2023 7:38 PM

Aug 2021
toei continues to do gear 5 justice. adapting the manga perfectly and even adding in some little extra treats here and there
Aug 12, 2023 7:38 PM

Apr 2016
More Gear 5 absolute madness, just as impressive as the last episode if not more, it feels like the animation itself has no limits!
I loved Luffy's giant form and the classic eye-popping scene, and especially the punch that goes right through Kaido's head!
Too many great sequences to name everything, another fantastic Gear 5 episode!
Aug 12, 2023 7:40 PM

Jun 2020
I loved this episode, it was so fun and the fight scenes where so well done. They are animating gear 5 so well i cant wait for next episode
SlashersBaneAug 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Aug 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Nov 2012
Fantastic animation! Toei has been like MAPPA? Ufotable? Hold my biru...
Seeing Luffy's head take on the shape of Kaidou's bat was funny.  Loved Kaidou like ok who the hell are you cuz you're not the Straw Hat kid. 

Although, I'm enjoying. I'm hoping next week is the end.  I'm too ready for Egghead.

IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING CRUNCHYROLL TO PLAY OR EVEN TAKE YOU TO THE RIGHT PAGE, GO TO LAST WEEK'S EPISODE AND LET THE SITE TAKE YOU TO THIS WEEK'S. (Make sure you're autoplay is on.)
dragynfaerieAug 12, 2023 7:47 PM
Aug 12, 2023 7:43 PM

Sep 2020
A few of my favorite moments of G5( Luffy jump-roping Kaido and taking the shape of his mace)were revealed in this episode and I couldn't be more pleased. That muscle thing happened again as well! That shit always gets me idk how lol.

The roided-up version of the G5 theme just hits different. Hearing instrumentals of Over the Top and one other OP was a nice touch. The mind-boggling action doesn't just stop here! More wacky scenes next week! Even being a manga reader, I don't even remember how exactly this fight ends so the hype is still in full flow for me.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Aug 12, 2023 7:47 PM

Aug 2019
Jesus Christ that was disappointing. I finally understand the complaints that people had last week about the sound effects; the new cartoony soundtrack was annoying. But the animation was worse; to have the episode start with bad animation, then do a quick quality jump, then go back and forth between mediocre and smooth was jarring as hell. It's like 5 different animators were involved yet it only made the episode feel disjointed and ugly at times. Last week's episode was at least consistent, but this one was irritating to watch.
Aug 12, 2023 7:48 PM

Dec 2019
G5 is so much fun to watch I feel bad for ppl who aren't enjoying it 
Aug 12, 2023 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
This was a phenomenal follow-up to the last episode.

Like Kaido, I'm also surprised that Luffy can give his surroundings rubbery properties, which represents the awakening of Paramythia fruits, while at the same time taking on such an external change, which is actually exclusive to Zoan types. If I had to guess, I'd say it's due to the fact that it's a Mythical Type. Unfortunately, we have only gotten to know a few of these so far, which makes an explanation somewhat difficult in this case.

I must confess that I have never laughed so much during such a serious fight. You can tell that Luffy is still testing the limits of his absurd, newfound power and having a lot of fun doing it. Like when he turned into a giant or using Kaido as a jump rope lol.
It is precisely these examples that testify to the freedom that Luffy experiences and makes it equally frightening with what ease he faces Kaido. Even Kaido's Three Worlds Ragnaraku didn't seem to have had much of an effect other than shocking everyone on the performance floor at Luffy's new look after he crashed through the ceiling :D

I had goosebumps as Luffy pictured all the important people he's fighting for right now with overtaken playing in the background. Especially the mention of Pedro made it even better.

From there on the animation really went through the roof. I don't know about other people but I had a permanent grin on my face as Luffy's powers are so amazing and I love everything about it.

Imagine giving Kaido a mighty punch, knocking him down, and then comfortably using the ground next to him as a trampoline without any worries while figuring out how to name moves. This is beyond crazy lol.

The choice for the OST's was spot on and animation especially in the second half was simply outstanding.

I'm really excited to see how this fight continues and how it will ultimately be decided.
Natsu88Aug 12, 2023 10:01 PM

Aug 12, 2023 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
Aug 12, 2023 8:02 PM

Sep 2013
Big W Episode the Wano OST & Overtaken in this episode plus how Luffy fights Kaido in g5 makes his fight mechanics so much more interesting now seeing how he bounces from wall to wall and although I can't tell if Kaido's attacks are affecting Luffy or not. Since he said it hurts but it looked like it wasn't due to his rubbery body. And the giant Luffy I felt like it was better in manga.
Aug 2020
great and legendry episode

Aug 2019
Oh my gosh the was an incredible episode!! I’m just having so much watching Luffy fight.
Aug 12, 2023 8:03 PM
Feb 2022
fantastic episode although sometimes I do wish he would do some more serious attacks I loved it
Aug 12, 2023 8:13 PM
Apr 2022
Once again, a masterpiece, perfectly adapted from the manga, I loved every second of it. Can't wait for next week.
Aug 12, 2023 8:13 PM

Jul 2016
KevinLin2004 said:

And it was bloody glorious!
Aug 12, 2023 8:14 PM

Oct 2014
Excellent episode. Outstanding animation, pacing is brilliant. And the emotion invoked by the instrumental of op22 was the icing on the cake. 11/10 episode
Aug 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
I swear of life given to me. I am so happy to be alive to witness this.
Aug 12, 2023 8:31 PM

Jul 2007
Vindicater said:
KevinLin2004 said:

And it was bloody glorious!
Glad you enjoyed it. There is more to come as well. The people that don't enjoy it are the ones that can't adapt to the drastic change in style and I get that argument but you know oda has always tried to challenge the boundaries of conventional art and character modeling in anime and manga. He has always wanted the style to be different to anyone else and thats perhaps what makes one piece so unique in design. This is just one of those original idea's that came to mind and it fits very well thematically with luffy as the main protagonist being represented as the warrior of liberation and the person that brings smiles and laughter to everyone around him hense the cartoony free-form fighting style. In my opinion, it was perfect and I can't wait to see how he develops this power in the future of the story. 

A man who can fight freely within his own imagination, liberating countries at war in a world that is subjugated by its own controlling society and government system. Its fucking genius and I can’t wait to see what oda writes next for the story about Nika/Joyboy.  
ArtimesGamerAug 12, 2023 8:40 PM

Aug 12, 2023 8:38 PM
Jan 2022
One of my favorite one piece episodes to date, and my favorite part hasnt even been animated yet so that may change soon. But overall 10/10 episode imo.

Also, i'll never understand all the people complaining that it's too cartoony or whatever excuses people have, all you need to do is look up his devil fruit or "sun god nika" on google. He's a liberator who freed slaves and brought smiles to their faces. Yes, the power is ridiculous, but thats the point of the fruit, and it fits Luffy's personality perfectly. His attacks have always been goofy looking and had sound effects added to them, now its just even more goofy and playful than it was before, which again, is a perfect match for Luffy's personality, rarely is he ever 100% serious about anything. It's almost a perfect fit too, since like i mentioned, sun god nika was a "liberator" of slaves, he freed them, which is exactly what luffy has done time and time again, helped people who were suffering under oppresive rulers (Kaido, Doflamingo, Fish man Island, celestial dragons, etc.)
Aug 12, 2023 8:39 PM
Aug 2017
the best episode!!
Aug 12, 2023 8:40 PM
Apr 2022
LuffyHammock94 said:
IzanaSolos said:

Are you Geo from Twitter? lmao
I have same question
Aug 12, 2023 8:42 PM

Oct 2009
Ngl I wasn't sure that I liked the ridiculousness of G5 last episode.
But this was insane!! It truly at heart represents Luffy & OP as a whole, sure Oda could've made this into this cool/edgy power but things like this make OP special, and it works!

I am truly excited for OP and I haven't been for years! Actually PEAK!
Aug 12, 2023 8:44 PM
Jan 2021
Kaido is confused by Luffy’s newfound power, but at the end of the day that doesn’t matter. He’s still getting his ass kicked, just as Luffy promised many times before.

For some reason, he decides to swallow Luffy, but that doesn’t turn out well for him. Luffy beats him up from the inside and then makes him float like a balloon. Luffy then ejects him via Gum Gum Escape Rocket to continue the fight.

Luffy then becomes a GIANT and precedes to use Kaido to create a new move called Gum Gum Jump Rope.

All of a sudden, Luffy’s face comes out of the ceiling and everyone is wondering what happened to him. Don’t worry guys, Luffy is about to kick Kaido’s ass.

Luffy’s Gear 5 suddenly disappears, but that’s not a problem, Luffy just gets up and wills Gear 5 to come back and then the fighting continues.

Luffy is just enjoying himself knowing the end result.

Luffy takes the ground and launches Gum Gum Counterblow at Kaido while the OG Wano music is playing. He then continues to pound into Kaido and then he hits Kaido with such a strong punch that it ends his face the other direction and then he goes FLYING. Luffy is wondering what he should call this technique of his, and then Kaido asks Luffy who he really is.

Luffy reintroduces himself, telling Kaido that he’s going to become the King of the Pirates, with just utter BADASSERY.

I’M SO EXCITED FOR MORE ONE PIECE!
Aug 12, 2023 8:46 PM
Aug 2021
Loved this episode
Aug 12, 2023 8:46 PM

Jun 2014
Lol some of the complaints that I'm seeing have me legitimately convinced that people on MAL don't actually like anime. Hence, my forum signature lmao. It's always the same mfs complaining week after week about the most inconsequential shit 💀💀💀 like if you're saying this was a badly animated episode then please share whatever drugs you're on lol. The style change this anime underwent since this arc started has made One Piece look the best it literally has ever looked. And complaining about "muh Looney Tunes" effects, not only is that not even a big deal, but also congrats, you're 1000+ episodes deep and have completely missed the point as to why the goofy effects complement this power perfectly. At this point some of y'all just have to be hate-watching lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 12, 2023 8:48 PM
Apr 2021
I liked this a lot better than the previous episode. The animation was amazing but wasn't too much to the point that you couldn't understand what was going on.
Aug 12, 2023 8:50 PM
Feb 2018
This is what 1071 should've been.
Aug 12, 2023 8:51 PM
Jan 2022
loved it toei nailed it will kaido get to know that its joyboy
Aug 12, 2023 8:54 PM
Apr 2021
Early_Morning said:
Jesus Christ that was disappointing. I finally understand the complaints that people had last week about the sound effects; the new cartoony soundtrack was annoying. But the animation was worse; to have the episode start with bad animation, then do a quick quality jump, then go back and forth between mediocre and smooth was jarring as hell. It's like 5 different animators were involved yet it only made the episode feel disjointed and ugly at times. Last week's episode was at least consistent, but this one was irritating to watch.
Idk how high your expectations are for " decent animation" is but the animation that the episode started off with wasn't even bad. It was pretty standard and maybe even a bit above standard animation
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

74 by bakakisima »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Will You-Know-Who come back?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 14

12 by Shinpei106 »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 90 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fentastic - Jan 17, 2009

86 by Ratris_Decision »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 89 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

45 by Ratris_Decision »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 87 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

42 by Ratris_Decision »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.