Forum Settings
Forums

When you were in school, did you finish projects/assignments early or not do them till the last minute?

New
Aug 5, 2023 9:26 PM

Jun 2017
Projects and other big home assignments, like big essays or something (Nothing basic like a 1 page homework sheet, big assignments)

I swear, i just could not remember to do these things. Whenever they'd get assigned, it would completely slip out of my mind. I would focus so much on getting out of that school and going home that whatever the project was had been deleted from my brain. I never could remember it, even as we got closer to the due date.

Then the day before it was due, i'd always have that "Oh crap! I haven't even gotten started!" moment and my parents would have to rush to Wal-Mart or Dollar General and stay up till midnight making something slapped together.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Aug 5, 2023 9:49 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Last minute, of course. If I start it early, it takes me hours to complete and my productivity is really low since there's no pressure to hurry or focus. Start it a few minutes before the deadline, however, and I kind of have no choice but to do whatever I can to finish it in time, and the result often ends up the same if not better.

"Procrastination is my ally, and your enemy"
Aug 5, 2023 10:06 PM

Aug 2012
Early straight A student. Top of the class and track team captain.

Group projects were always last minute
Aug 6, 2023 12:39 AM

Apr 2023
In school always last minute. In college i try to get them done early atm.
Aug 6, 2023 12:47 AM

May 2013
You guys actually did your homework and projects?

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Aug 6, 2023 12:48 AM

Jun 2011
I didn't do them at all. I just let my high test scores make up the grade.
Aug 6, 2023 12:50 AM

Jan 2015
Always did them at the last minute. I had 2 study halls all 3 years I was in high school so I needed something to do to fill the time (dropped out in 2007 & got my GED in 2008)
Aug 6, 2023 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
Did them well early until around 9th grade, as I used to be the perfect student, but never since then.
Aug 6, 2023 2:47 AM

Jun 2021
It depended. Part of me always wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible especially if they were the ones assigned during the summer holidays, with a specific exception in 1999 because i clearly remember that two days before returning to school i still had a lot of homework to finish. That was one of the best seasons ever for me, by "coincidence" the one when i received my first Playstation, i listened to a favorite radio all the time, played basketball preparing for my first full season of it as a Under 14 team member of my society, and actually i could get away with not completing everything because i switched classmates going from the A to the B section for my final year of junior high. Some teachers were in common between both courses so the assignments were the exact same, but i still did 100% of the homework just in time, even those that in hindsight hadn't been personally requested by the new teachers because of my particular position. I think only the english professor asked me to see my notebooks to be sure if i was in good faith, and i obviously was (even more considering it was a subject i was always pretty good at and never saw its assignments as a chore to begin with).

During high school, i forgot almost everything about my behavior on this topic, except for the fact that i completely stopped doing everything maths-related starting with the spring of 2003 (midway through the 3rd year out of 5) in the exact same period where i completely stopped caring about that most-hated subject (also as a retort against my family that briefly tried to force me a tutor for home lessons, with "successful" results as the early attempts of Futaro Uesugi with the Quintuplets) and began returning every test as a blank page. And yes, getting away with all of it with no consequences at all.
Aug 6, 2023 2:51 AM
Dec 2022
I almost often did my projects and assignments early due to how I had to babysit my younger sister.
Aug 6, 2023 8:38 AM

Jul 2016
Heh, last minute? I didn't even do that, I never finished my homework...
Aug 6, 2023 9:33 AM

Feb 2016
I did my schoolwork gradually over time.
その目だれの目?
Aug 6, 2023 10:01 AM

Jan 2023
The schools I went to had a system where if you finished your classwork/finished it early, you wouldn't have homework to do. I basically became motivated to finish things early to not get homework.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Aug 6, 2023 10:54 AM

Jul 2022
Early because I always wanted to get feedback as soon as possible since teachers usually allowed us to redo it and hand it over again without grading. 

I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Aug 6, 2023 11:12 AM

Jul 2021
It was customary to do the homework in the break right before class.
Or during the beginning class, right in front of the teacher...

I don't think we got too many big things until university though. That's a wholly different world.
Aug 6, 2023 4:00 PM

May 2014
Bit of both. Some days I'd just go straight to my room and power through it. Other days I'd leave it really late.
Aug 6, 2023 4:30 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Well both... Sometimes even if I finished early, but the teachers would tell me that I can do better or there's some mistake so I had to redo it..
But I always tried to finish my projects and assignments early to avoid getting stressed out...
Same goes for studying... Studying every day is much better and less stressful and more relaxing than studying at the 11th hour..

Even though I am a neet, I always worked hard in school and university. I wanted the best grades and a couple of times I got B in biology and I remember punching the mirror in the toilet..
But fuck work, I worked hard to get into the best university in the country and graduated with multiple degrees and certifications..
So if anyone thinks I don't work because I'm not qualified enough, I can shove these marksheets, degeess in their faces and tell them to pipe down..

Aug 6, 2023 6:18 PM
Feb 2010
More or less did them at the last minute. Pretty much bullshit my way on it. 

Aug 6, 2023 6:54 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I always did them in advance and did them well, then I spent the rest of my time chilling, it's hard for me to get in the mindset of chilling when there's a huge pile of deadlines in front of me.
Aug 6, 2023 8:48 PM

Mar 2008
Down to the last minute and still got relatively good grades in each class. .
Aug 8, 2023 1:35 AM

Apr 2016
Always waited till last minute, but during college I was even worse, several times I delivered assignments after the deadline, and just asked the teacher if he or she still accepted it, luckily they always accepted it.

_Nette_ said:
You guys actually did your homework and projects?
I always delivered projects even if late, but never homework, there was one year in school that they were giving notifications to parents for every homework that their kid did not deliver, during that year my mother got over 50 notifications.
Aug 8, 2023 6:10 PM

Mar 2021
I started working on assignments fairly early, but the assignments I was not good at were left at the end, so as a result, I felt like I had finished all the assignments about two days before the last day of the deadline.

Aug 13, 2023 2:00 AM

Mar 2021
Definitely last minute. I'm a big procrastinator.

More topics from this board

» Have you ever given up on major passions in your life?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

40 by RobertBobert »»
8 minutes ago

» What are you insecure about the most?

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

15 by Blueberry173 »»
15 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

55 by LoveYourEyes »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Apr 27

43 by Miscanthus »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » users that do digital profiling do you care about them or not?

deg - Yesterday

17 by ST63LTH »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.