Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2023 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, the final battle. I think it was destiny for Setsu to pick up that sword for this particular fight.

This was one of the most predictable finale though. They basically had two of the strongest characters in this series duke it out in a climatic fight. I guess they managed to make peace in the end although it feels like an open ending. Setsu's journey is truly over.
Jun 24, 2023 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
With Dezas and Levia being ambushed by Toma, Setsu comes to their aid, facing the brunt of the rematch with Toma for the predictable fight of insane proportions. And unless Setsu is down for the count, Toma would go on forever and ever until Setsu has fallen.

As if that's not enough, Toma lives on borrowed power to make him strong, and Setsu looked like he was on the verge of defeat, but he had a trump card to trap Toma within his dimensional magic to eat the curse within him to restore him back to normal and atone for his sins in his human form, by summoning magic to transfer all of Setsu's classmates back home, and going on his own trip. With this, Setsu is off to his own as well, but not before Yuhi joins him on his aimless journey.

Thank God this show is finally over. Good riddance to a squandered potential of an Isekai.
KANLen09Jun 24, 2023 12:41 PM
Jun 24, 2023 10:29 AM

Jan 2021
Thank god its over. 5/10
KyoyaTempestJun 28, 2023 3:01 AM
Roxy

Jun 24, 2023 11:13 AM

Feb 2014
I'm crying, this is such a good anime... had to watch in 2x speed each week to finish it asap. 2/10.
Jun 24, 2023 12:10 PM

Dec 2022
this story was so damn predictable i cant describe how glad i am that this is over
you might think if i dont enjoy it i should drop it but i have a tendency to not drop anime

anyway touma got beat and got back to his senses and now is atoning for his sins the world is at peace FOR A SECOND TIME
Jun 24, 2023 12:22 PM
Mar 2022
Yup I am not going to watch this.
But since I had already watched till episode 5, I will just read the synopsis of remaining episodes on wikipedia bcz I hate dropping animes in middle
Jun 24, 2023 12:25 PM
Jan 2023
best part was elkas masochist tendencies and trying to drag yuhi to the dark side
Jun 24, 2023 12:30 PM

Feb 2021
I feel bad for Toma
What Setsu did to him was kinda messed up...

If Toma had the ability to go back to his old world all along, then why didn't he go back when Setsu did too????
Jun 24, 2023 12:31 PM

May 2021
What an excellent episode. I will not allow anyone to call this trash. I suddenly feel like watching all the past 11 episodes was worth it for this ending. It was not as bad as foe and not as good as mushoku tensei (which airs in 3 weeks) but the story was honestly something true to the genre isekai. When we think isekai we think magic, monarchy, different races, and this had it all. And this is the reason i love isekai. I get why some people might hate this but my honest review score would be 7/10.
Jun 24, 2023 12:38 PM
Sep 2015
The "second time" theme gets old very quickly.
Jun 24, 2023 12:46 PM
Dec 2021
ok anime. Really wanted the brown hair one to die. hope no season 2.
Jun 24, 2023 12:46 PM
Senpai

May 2021
I didn't love nor hate it. A generic isekai i liked to watch in this season. I had a good time.
5/10.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 24, 2023 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
Good way to ruin the anime. The fight was rushed I guess it was just meh for the expectation

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 24, 2023 1:28 PM
Nov 2017
What a boring ending and probably the anime that ended up completely wrong from its genre. What’s the point of calling it a harem or romance when it ended without any
Jun 24, 2023 2:44 PM
Oct 2019
ASS EATER being the final move was the cherry on top
Jun 24, 2023 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
God this was an horrible isekai, it takes alot for me to concider an isekai anime bad / unenjoyable to watch and this one managed it perfectly, but hey atleast all other isekai this season was pretty decent and fun to watch.

2/10 for this one at max

Jun 24, 2023 4:05 PM
Jan 2020
Can't blame the studio if the source content is weak. This whole thing just skip relationships and world building by calling everything a "second time" as if to insinuate a faux nostalgia. This of course falls flat just as fast as one gets tired of seeing "second time" on the name of every episode. I can't escape the feeling of if I'm watching a bad 3rd or 4th season of something that was much better in past.
Jun 24, 2023 7:23 PM
Sep 2021
That was the best battle we got in this season, everything was wrapped up well, Toma is going to atone for his sins and setsu with yuuhi is going to explore to what this world has to offer than to go to his original world.
Jun 24, 2023 7:59 PM

Dec 2021
So, Toma gets to live, without any real punishment for that matter, but all the people that were experimented on only to get "saved" by Toma into being forced to become killing machines are K.I.A.? This ending is HIGH up there for one the most hypocritical endings I've ever seen.
Jun 24, 2023 8:52 PM

Sep 2018
What soulless watch that was. This whole "here for a second time" gimmick didn't work at all and the story felt very disjointed as a result. Author also made one of the shittiest antagonists in anime history, a jealous femboy yandere clown, good going there pal, ffs...
Jun 24, 2023 9:06 PM

Feb 2019
it was an expected ending, a bit too lackluster for me, and i don't care for a second season. this series had a wonderful start/premise, but midway through it got boring and way too redundant in a way.
Jun 24, 2023 9:12 PM
Mar 2023
The beginning of the anime was good, the rest was boring and mid, overall another mid Isekai.
Jun 24, 2023 9:30 PM
Sep 2022
finally over for god sake i should have known when to quit
Jun 24, 2023 9:49 PM

Oct 2017
Setsu saved Toma, he's now a good guy, meh. The students got sent back but ofc Yuuhi ofc stayed with Setsu. Was hoping to see a harem end but well this got an open end. Was below average isekai anime, if it got a harem end would have been worth it but anyway.
Jun 25, 2023 1:24 AM

Feb 2019
Well thank God this is over. Felt like a second season to a show we got no first season for. Wanted us to be emotionally invested when we had no reason to be. Y’all know I give everything a 10 but this was ass. Not even good fanservice to carry it like most mediocre isekai stories. Dunno what they were cooking here
Jun 25, 2023 3:08 AM
Dec 2018
Zaxphred said:

you might think if i dont enjoy it i should drop it but i have a tendency to not drop anime

Jokes on you, but you dropped one anime xD Baraou no something 
Anyways this was a bad isekai. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.    3/10           
My Candies:

Jun 25, 2023 8:43 AM
Mar 2020
Could be a better one, trailer was promissing and couple of episodes were fine, but then went downwards pretty fast.
Jun 25, 2023 10:01 AM

Jan 2008
This was awful. Almost nothing notable about it. Subpar to below average at everything. Funnily enough though, it's not even the worst isekai this season. 
Jun 25, 2023 11:02 AM

Dec 2022
Cubefield said:
Zaxphred said:

Jokes on you, but you dropped one anime xD Baraou no something 
Anyways this was a bad isekai. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.    3/10           
well i plan to watch it later when i get the time and enough patience to binge it so its more like on hold but different from the other on hold anime because i watch my on hold anime once every week and im planning to binge it so i put it in dropped

XD i tricked you in to visiting my profile and visiting my list
Jun 25, 2023 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
Setsu bossed it. Toma come good at the end. Not sure how the little chap will manage in this fantasy world with no magic but Im sure Setsu will continue looking out for him. Nice ending.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 25, 2023 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
started off ok then the story became boring. add on some truly awful animation it's one of the worst isseki I've seen for some time. 3/10
Jun 25, 2023 5:20 PM

Apr 2013
One of the worst anime I've seen in recent years ...
Jun 25, 2023 8:57 PM

Feb 2018
It's finally over yay lmao. It's a bit different from the manga I read, but I feel like it was different from the LN as well, oh well lol. This anime felt really meh throughout the whole time I was watching it.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 25, 2023 9:33 PM

Mar 2016
Overall very cliche plotline but gotta appreaciated the fighting scene is almost all of them is hard-drawn even though the result isn't really satisfing, 
5/10 ; bumped it to 6/10 because it's from new studio 

Jun 25, 2023 10:42 PM

May 2019
Eh, at least the final episode was decent in that it had a final battle and I believe it briefly showed most, if not all, of the characters after Toma was defeated. I was a little surprised that Setsu did not kill Toma but when Setsu saw a vision in which Toma was cursed he realized that Toma was not in complete control of himself and I think that's when he realized that Toma was being manipulated. The brief showing of a sorceress or mage made me think that maybe there is someone else out there that curses objects and could eventually corrupt another human or humanoid. (Rhetorical question, does that mean that there could be a sequel where we see this for a third time? I kid....)

Anyways, the "second time" gimmick didn't work out as well as it was probably planned but beyond that the animation was lackluster and so was the storyline. I didn't care much for Toma's reasoning for getting upset with Setsu and I think he did kill innocent people and I don't mean the ones that he "saved" from being experimented on. When Toma reached Dezas and Levia it looked like Toma had killed a bunch of guards, what about atoning for that? I was conflicted on what score to give but Elka gave me a chuckle and Yuhi seems alright so I'll give this a 6/10.
Jun 26, 2023 12:24 AM

Jul 2015
Doing things a 'second time' doesn't make this generic isekai with an overpowered mc and bland characters and story any better.
Honestly the premise of it being the second time had some potential like how 'the hero is always cautious' handled it

Jun 26, 2023 12:48 AM

Feb 2021
So in the end, they are stop fighting each other and starting over. Not only that, but they can also teleport to their real world? Lol XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 26, 2023 3:09 AM
Jun 2023
MadanielFL said:
I feel bad for Toma
What Setsu did to him was kinda messed up...

If Toma had the ability to go back to his old world all along, then why didn't he go back when Setsu did too????

I agree setsu is self centered and the type to makes sly remarks to a blind beggar. I dislike how the mc didn’t even acknowledge his on mishaps on how toma actually came to be. Dude was in a carriage with his new friends see his old friend and doesn’t say a thing And was surprised how toma turned out ? Sounds inconsiderate toma should have been the mc fr
Jun 26, 2023 7:27 AM
Feb 2020
I can't believe Toma really came out here with the machine gun

Honestly it would have been an insane twist if Toma won somehow, sadly he didn't

I am really disappointed in the outcome. No one died, not even Toma. It's a bit too easy. Like... what were the consequences? There were none. It's like nothing happened. 

Anyway Toma... he was a pretty good villain in some aspects. He would've been a really good hero. He should've been the MC. His backstory was also the most interesting out of everyone.

But... this anime is just a bunch of concepts that could be good that are ruined
Jun 26, 2023 8:19 AM
Nov 2021
Why does Yuuhi even exist? Or any of the other classmates?
Jun 26, 2023 10:40 AM
Dec 2022
I gotta say, this final battle was very intense. Since Toma brought a gun to a sword fight. Toma's gotten even crazier just because he wants to be by Setsu's side, and I really that he was gonna kill Toma! At least Toma has calmed down, sent everyone back home, and determined to atone for his crimes. I like that Yuhi stayed and is traveling with Setsu, they're basically a couple, and sure adventuring and fighting monsters is the highlight of an isekai life, but it never hurts to have a peaceful slow isekai life once in a while. I know I would want that if I was fighting in a year long war!
Jun 26, 2023 2:28 PM
Jun 2023
i mean considering the show this was a fine ending, nice and completed
Jun 26, 2023 8:32 PM

Apr 2009
Just a generic mediocre series, never really bad per se, but it rarely did anything great, interesting, or even just fun. The final fight with Toma was a rare exception, the animation was a step up and the battle had a certain intensity to it lacking from the rest of the show. Granted the final victory felt like an ass pull, but meh. Aside from the last episode the only other times the show caught my interest were the flashbacks. I would've much rather watched Setsu's first time in this land, it seemed far more compelling than the retread.

5/10
Jun 27, 2023 6:59 PM

Oct 2013
Scene - WW2
Allied Forces - "ok Hitler we know you caused a world war that led to millions of deaths, while committing horrible atrocities and inhumane experiments on prison..........welp! you're free to go! how about go on an adventure around the world and see what you HITLER can do to repay it!"

Real Life - oh hell naw! kill that mother fucker!

So dumb and unrealistic, just plain garbage.
Even the Lord wouldn't forgive Toma!
Jun 27, 2023 9:05 PM
Jan 2017
Setsu this Setsu that, sitsuondeeznutz.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jun 28, 2023 5:15 AM
Jan 2023
One of those anime that tried to have like the whole entire LN series crammed into 12 episodes. I get it, if you wanted to actually adapt full material properly for any LN, it'd take like 6-10 seasons of 24-26 episodes. But to think you can create a proper adaptation by taking bits and pieces of important moments/scenes with only 12 episodes, and expect that will get people to buy the books is beyond me. This is why I can't take any of the anime seriously because more often than not, the books actually give a proper story and detail that makes you wonder what kind of crack they smoked to create this kind of hot garbage out of a story that is definitely way better than they adapted. It's not like these books are incredible, but there is always a huge difference in how much better the story is told compared to the presentation from these adaptations. Oftentimes, they add their own little things that make the story or people even more childish, or feel like shounen characters.
Jun 28, 2023 10:04 AM

Dec 2008
I swear there used to be a time on MAL, roughly 12 years back or more, where incremental scores could begiven instead of just bland "whole" grades. For example, I give this show in question a 5.5/10, and I rate shows as such in my notes for each show after completing them because its not enough to just say "Oh this is a 5, but almost a 6...if only the scoring system was better". BUt it is what it is.
Isekai Shoukan was ok in many regards, but it really missed the makr in terms of either making this a longer show wiht up to 24 episodes so we could really be immersed ( it felt rushed, like most modern anime have felt over the last decade and a half). But really if they had just introduced us fresh, from the protagonists point of view from episode 1, then after he won the day and all that, brought him back in the way that this shows plot presents, it would have been a much more enjoyable and comfy show. WORLD BUILD PROPERLY! Dont just show us one place with demons, and another with cat folks ffs. Overall the look of the show was good enough, and the action was ok, but everything really happened at the end, and the main dude, Setsu, was another typical overpowered MC. Thus...5.5, and I dont feel there will be nor should be a 2nd season, but whom knows. *shrugs Moving onward, ever onward on my road to one day see 5,000 or more anime lol
Jun 28, 2023 10:56 AM
Apr 2023
Le dio conclusion a la historia pero mejoraria las escenas de pelea se las ve un poco forzadas
Jul 1, 2023 2:37 PM

Nov 2009

so... those guns...

Does this mean Toma somehow also travel to "Earth"?... since the fantasy world they're in have no actual guns, especially machine/mini-guns...

Or he got those from someone that knows of Earth knowledge...

Well, that was a weird end...

Wwwwat said:
I can't believe Toma really came out here with the machine gun

Honestly it would have been an insane twist if Toma won somehow, sadly he didn't

I am really disappointed in the outcome. No one died, not even Toma. It's a bit too easy. Like... what were the consequences? There were none. It's like nothing happened. 

Anyway Toma... he was a pretty good villain in some aspects. He would've been a really good hero. He should've been the MC. His backstory was also the most interesting out of everyone.

But... this anime is just a bunch of concepts that could be good that are ruined

What you mean no one died?

Tons of mob and background characters died, even that Drag-guy... pretty sure he's DED-DED from being stab through the heart.

Also, I guess this didn't actually end up as a Harem, the Earth girl won.
amlgJul 1, 2023 2:42 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 1, 2023 2:54 PM

Dec 2016
Viper03_ said:
i mean considering the show this was a fine ending, nice and completed
It's not actually. Anime seems to cover the first 3 novels and leave 2 of them out by changing the final battle to skip the parts about Crystal, which I assume is the actual final boss.
KichikuSenshiJul 1, 2023 5:10 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

27 by DarkBlue »»
Apr 22, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

25 by Forum »»
Apr 6, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

83 by Vuanzu »»
Mar 15, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

26 by Komlan_6 »»
Jan 31, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

44 by BiggKab »»
Jan 1, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.