Forum Settings
Forums
Book Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 13, 2010 1:59 PM

Mar 2010
Asakura Miu was such a adgklkhjdghr :@ .. but i liked everyone else, Touko was really cute haha + i loved the ending.. so i gave it an 8 :)
Dec 18, 2010 9:54 AM

Dec 2009
Miu should have died at the end ...
Poor Touko , in the end she had to sort out everything between her crush and her crush's yandere posessive unofficial girlfriend. I'm confused ... at the end Touko was the one at the door ?
Dec 18, 2010 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
alwaysbored said:
Poor Touko , in the end she had to sort out everything between her crush and her crush's yandere posessive unofficial girlfriend. I'm confused ... at the end Touko was the one at the door ?

It could be Miu at the door , Touko has long long hair.
Dec 22, 2010 12:17 AM

Apr 2009
Very happy about that last bit after the credits. Yes.
Dec 23, 2010 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
godeater360 said:
alwaysbored said:

It could be Miu at the door , Touko has long long hair.

Touko could've cut her hair... (^_^)
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Jan 9, 2011 8:32 AM

Dec 2008
I'm glad I watched the OVAs before I watched the feature film. The backstory on the main characters better helped me understand what was going on.

Crazy bitch is not enough to describe Miu. And...she made a total ass of herself!
Jan 10, 2011 10:46 AM
May 2009
VillettaIchihara said:
I'm glad I watched the OVAs before I watched the feature film. The backstory on the main characters better helped me understand what was going on.

Same here. Anyway. I expected this after watching the OVAs, but the MC was boring. And annoying at times. Seriously, wtf? At first he's ready to kill himself along with Miu, then he starts talking about how much he loves her, and then after Miu magically starts acting normal, telling him she'll stand up, he runs to Touko, thinking of her like he realized that he loves her all of sudden, and of course kisses her... What about his relationship with Miu after that? I don't understand. Complicated romance stories are not for me.
The woman in the end must've been Touko, considering that on the Doki's site they've pointed out the mistakes. I guess I can post them here, it's the last dialogue:
"0,1:39:56.89: “She’s going to read Inoue Miu’s new novel, right?”
0,1:40:02.82: “Hopefully she will like it”
0,1:40:04.89: “If it’s her, she will surely like it”"
Jan 11, 2011 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
I can't say I loved it... ._. Miu annoyed me...A LOT. If Inoue likes that moron Miu that much, why did he even kissed Touko? ._. I hope it was Touko at the end ;w; I felt like the story was following Miu and Inoue's life even though the title is "Bungaku Shoujo" >_>
サービスサービス
Jan 15, 2011 6:06 AM

Sep 2008
AriGatou said:
I wanted so badly to punch Miu in the face, god she's so damn annoying!!
lol when Kotobuki had a fight with her I was jumping from excitement xD serves her right!!

I thought the movie was ok, there were some cheesy moments and kinda stupid at times... when I watched this movie I didn't know it had light novels and OVAs until I added it to my list, now I really want to know who's that woman at the door in the end . . .. if anyone knows, is there a sequel to the movie?

overall I enjoyed the movie, it was ok :)

Kotobuki was the best character since she was the only normal girl and called Miu out on her lies and stuff. Unfortunately the male lead didn't care for her and went with the girl who ate books for no reason. I honestly think Miu could have done them a favor and just die. Konoha too, hes such a coward in all sorts of ways.

Yeah, I didn't like the movie, I was really pressed on to watch it even though I had no idea what the movie was about. But emo characters really annoy me. That's why I like Kotobuki Nanase only, she had real sense to her being.
Jan 15, 2011 2:39 PM

Mar 2010
Just finished rewatching it and once again, it was outstanding, truly a masterpiece. I read only the first volume of the novel, as well as the manga, which is based on that, but every kind of story from Bungaku Shoujo is just excellent.
Jan 17, 2011 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Qashqai said:
VillettaIchihara said:

Same here. Anyway. I expected this after watching the OVAs, but the MC was boring. And annoying at times. Seriously, wtf? At first he's ready to kill himself along with Miu, then he starts talking about how much he loves her, and then after Miu magically starts acting normal, telling him she'll stand up, he runs to Touko, thinking of her like he realized that he loves her all of sudden, and of course kisses her... What about his relationship with Miu after that? I don't understand. Complicated romance stories are not for me.
The woman in the end must've been Touko, considering that on the Doki's site they've pointed out the mistakes. I guess I can post them here, it's the last dialogue:

Agreed. It was pretty confusing. Im guessing its probably because they skipped alot out from the novel.
Jan 18, 2011 11:19 PM

Jan 2010
I feel like I've watched a movie about nothing.. LMFAO
Might be too deep for me and all that shit, but meh.
I wasn't too satisfied with this.. I guess it's mostly because Miu pissed me off a fuck-tonne.
He should shown affection for Touko way earlier.
So tempted to give this 6/10
But 7/10 will do this for me.
Jan 25, 2011 1:36 PM

Jun 2009
is anyone besides me who understands why Miu is like that .. You can't blaim her for being such a B**** (sorry for the word XD) . all she need is Love .. all she wanted is to be with konoha's side and yes you could call that selfishness,,But for her, Konoha's the only one that is left for her .

Its not that im rooting konoha X Miu .. infact I'm rooting for nanase . but i just can't help loving Miu because of her past...... and also that Long yellow hot pony hair .. lol...
Jan 25, 2011 6:59 PM

Aug 2010
g0ng0n16 said:
is anyone besides me who understands why Miu is like that .. You can't blaim her for being such a B**** (sorry for the word XD) . all she need is Love .. all she wanted is to be with konoha's side and yes you could call that selfishness,,But for her, Konoha's the only one that is left for her .

Its not that im rooting konoha X Miu .. infact I'm rooting for nanase . but i just can't help loving Miu because of her past...... and also that Long yellow hot pony hair .. lol...

No your not the only one(Note.. Miu looked much better in the ovas with longer hair). And btw I was also rooting for nanase.
Ragna92Jan 31, 2011 7:20 PM
Feb 2, 2011 11:28 AM

Mar 2010
Amazing job by the all-star voice casts especially Hana Kanazawa and Hirano Aya. Not forget the male lead Irino Miyu. Now time to get my hands on the light novel.
Geso
-----:D
Mar 14, 2011 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
*sobsob* Toukou-sama <3

But no, seriously, this movie was rather unexpected for me, in recent events I've been watching only the recent airings of thin-turd plot-lines with mindless pantyshots and bad endings.

I will admit this is by no means a masterpiece, but heck.. Personally it's not far from it. In my eye the woman at the end had to have been Touko, even if it's light of me to suggest, the way she walks and approaches the door seems to be more of touko's stance than it was Miu's. I say this with fair confidence as the studio once again didn't dissapoint as far as animation and visual quality is concerned, and in a touching story like this it's all the better. The planetarium was indeed cheap and I was pretty shocked to see it make an entrance but I half expected it.

Bear in mind I have not read the novel, I say this was a very touching, very close to the heart movie to watch indeed. [Miu can go to hell.]
Mar 26, 2011 9:24 AM

Feb 2009
I loved Nanase in her yukata.On the other hand,i didn't really like Touko...but neigher did i dislike her.
The catfight was awesome though.If only it had lasted more... I'd love to see girls fighting like that IRL,lol.
Overall,nice movie,but kind of average for my tastes. 7/10

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 10, 2011 9:37 AM

May 2010
This is a good and memorable movie,I will cherish it till the end of my life !! T_T
Apr 18, 2011 5:13 AM

Apr 2009
argilium said:
i loved the movie.. based on the assumption that this is just an adaptation of a single part or volume of the novels (the ending part?), i could say that it was really great...

Based on that assumption as well, I agree with you there. I'm not blaming Miu for acting the way she did on the movie given her past (even though I haven't seen the prequel OVAs or read the novels) but when she was having the cat-fight with Nanase, I was rooting for Nanase. LOL

Anyway, in my imagination Touko was the one at the door in the ending. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 29, 2011 8:44 AM
Oct 2009
That was an awkward moment when Konoha was gonna to jump with Miu. The most sensible character was Kotobuki, gotta love that part where she exposed Miu's silliness. Somehow, I don't like that kissing part, feel a bit one-sided. I could only see a friendship between that Konoha and Touko, nothing more than that.

I was expecting that this movie would focus on Touko but what I got was a broken evil girl and a weak male lead. Not that I dislike Miu's story, but had the movie focused more on Touko, I would've love it more. For example, her origin and her relationship with that piss-off aunt that she lives with, etc. After all, the movie was titled "Literature girl" right?
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
May 18, 2011 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
Qashqai said:
VillettaIchihara said:

maybe you watched the unfixed version with mistranslations of doki...
konoha said that "he loved miu!" its past tense...
and miu replied "you dont have to worry about me anymore" meaning she'd already given up on konoha, and miu's wish to bring happiness to others already came true/been fullfiled when konoha said that he was happy, etc.

oh and about the double suicide thing, at that part, konoha had already his affections for touko, but still feel that he's the one to blame for what happen to miu, so he's ready to jump, but luckily touko showed up and bring konoha to his senses,,, but fuck. konoha still feel that he's the one responsible for that yandere-bitch miu!

the girl in the end is touko!, IMO and base on some sources
chaelmiiMay 18, 2011 8:11 PM
Jun 2, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
I just rewatched the movie after reading the first 2 novels (Well, I read the first one, currently reading the second one) and I must say that I enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I watched it. I understood a lot of things this time and I appreciated it way more too.
Raising my score from a 7 to a 9, this show is fucking awesome.
I recommend everyone to read the novels. Yen Press sells them in English.
Jun 10, 2011 1:26 PM

Nov 2009
As a stand alone movie i guess they did a good job - but it felt awkward. His double confession, maybe because of subs, just made it even more confusing. Who did he really care about in the end? Apparently Touko who he let go, and hence i stuck with Miu?

I am not sure it was good, but i was expecting Touko to, you know, play the role of main character. Of course i have never read the story, but the way it focused on Miu was a bit of a let down especially after knowing the story from the OVAs.
Jun 24, 2011 8:25 AM

Apr 2010
really enjoyed this movie, ordered the first two light novel books s from amazon so i could continue the story :D
Jul 3, 2011 2:22 PM

Dec 2009
The movie wasn't bad, was actually really cute. <3
Jul 10, 2011 10:42 AM

Apr 2010
Really beautiful movie. It was a little bit confusing, hard to understand in some moments, but really beautiful.
I wish it was Touko standing in front of the door. :')
Jul 27, 2011 3:40 AM

Oct 2009
Gah.

It was good, I won't deny it that. But something was wrong with it, although I can pin my finger on what that something what.

Well, I enjoyed it. I actually watched the OVA before this and that made me a bit mad. I think it would of have been better afterwards.

Hmm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2011 12:56 AM

Mar 2011
I enjoyed that. Although there were a few plot holes and un-answered questions in the end. Sad to see Touko play almost like a supporting character in her own movie, as it was mostly based on Miu and Konoha's relationship and childhood dreams.
- I found Miu so fascinating and loved her as a character. Her twisted back story and her actions really did catch me off guard a lot of the time. Couldn't tell what she was thinking half the time.
-The animation was very well done. The intricate designs and background/character art was beautifully shown with colours that didn't stand out too much. It fit the scene and vibe pf the movie ^^

-On a side note, Touko, being a "literature girl" eats..stories. I love how just having that title is self explanatory, informing us of why this girl eats paper. Makes me worry. But that's cool. Touko pulled off the nutty-wise mysterious girl very well! ;D (8/10)
Sep 24, 2011 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
I wish I could re-vote and change it into a 5/5. ;_;
Oct 23, 2011 1:44 AM

May 2009
Malware said:
Idk, I couldn't really take this series seriously, what with all the paper eating (I can't imagine that being healthy for the digestive system), and crazy woman jumping off buildings and into traffic. And the ion cannon they used to shine stars on the dome was a disappointment

Idk about why some people get so serious about the physics in Anime. The girl eats paper, i think that was really cute. Crazy women jump off building, it happen in real life all the time, also it adds on how much she is afraid of losing him. and the IRON CANON is a laser projector. They use them in Planetarium WORLD WIDE!
Oct 23, 2011 2:29 AM

May 2009
The mystery girl in the end is Touko because couple of things:
1. He wrote a book called Bungaku Shoujo. Miu was not a Bungaku Shoujo. His first book was for Miu, second book is for Touko. Both books are based on his time with the girls.

2. When mystery girl ring door bell, he said "if its her, she will like it for sure. ( it = the book about the Literature Girl )" I don't see Miu like the book, so i can assume it is Touko. Also who promised to read that book? Not Miu i tell you that much.

3. in the end, the white screen with Japanese words on it says: That's because under the magnolia tree, i chanced upon her. Translated by Doki. In Japanese Kanojo (彼女) could mean both her or GirlFriend. SO lets see, where did he see a girl under a magnolia tree?????? Such a hard problem, man.... So you go back the beginning of the movie, and read those text on the sky then it will make it even more easy for you.

Now HE even ask the same question: " Why am i writing this again", he is writing because he love Touko, the same reason he wrote the first book for Miu. So now you can also figure out the second BOOK that he wrote in the end was the Movie it self, you can almost say the Movie is a adaptation of His BOOK... get it?

Aya hirano is voice for Miu??? lol, this is so fitting. Stupid slut.
Nov 12, 2011 10:13 AM

Sep 2011
Gah. I wanna punch Miu in the face - she drove me nuts the entire time and the fact that he was too slow to notice things.

"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 6, 2011 5:51 AM

Feb 2008
after i'd watched the OVAs, i decided to check more about the characters before i watched this movie. so by the time i was watching the movie, i know stuff about the characters involved in it already.
as a stand-alone movie: animation, music, & story-telling, Production I.G did quite a job cramming stories into ONE movie. with that, i've biased-ly gave this a 10. <give me a few weeks later, and my mind might change the score for it. the movie is still fresh in my head & so i'm still bias as of right now)
anyways, i was hoping that would be Touko by the end of the movie...i strongly believed it was.
and from what javalu882005 stated, true enough, what he said made quite a lot of sense as well. (concerning the part about that the end-credits)

AND TO REPEAT THAT, DOKI MADE A MISTAKE IN THE SUBS. so to answer your question about how Konoha jumped from Miu to Touko; it was "i loved you, Miu" not "love" so yes, it was PAST TENSE. 「好きだった」

i guess you have to have the mind to understand the story AND characters, both, to be able to enjoy this movie. to me, Miu was indeed an insuperable character to no end...but she was the most dynamic character in the whole story. she was the one that changed from one emotion to another. showing the most change in her facial expressions, and the only character Konoha had to overcome to move on...but thanks to Touko, she finally found her purpose, and she has then turned a new leaf. (leaf = konoha; also didn't Konoha wanted to become a "tree"? lolol) JK, puns aside... i had enjoyed this movie. but i would love to know the story behind, how Touko seem to be called "youkai" in another synopsis of "Bungaku Shoujo," and to explain how she came to become the "story-eating" girl we all came to know, and possibly, love.
(which now leads me to go read the novels. i wish i have a credit card so i can order them from amazon. /sigh)

gigglingidiot said:
actually that "guy friend" (aka. Ryuuto) is Touko's cousin.

Jan 8, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2007
epic, a masterpiece of a movie, a must watch
i wonder where i could get the light novels, i would like to read them :)
GrumpyFeloJan 8, 2012 6:52 PM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jan 17, 2012 4:35 PM

Oct 2011
FUUUUuuuuuuu-

Screw the braindead woman Konoha. She can keep jumping off roofs and getting hit by trucks, I won't give a fuck. She was a despicable character from the start. Her redemption still couldn't make me stop hatin' her.

Well, the ending is what saved me from hatin' this show.
Feb 3, 2012 4:49 PM

Apr 2008
Really loved that Kiss at the station. Was hoping for a kiss to take place,and thank GOD it did. really made my ending. As for why Konoha ran after Touko, I believe, from what I saw, he did because he loved her.
At the planetarium, As Touko "reveals" the true meaning behind to the book for Miu to understand, it's made quite clear that Konoha wrote it, because he loved in Miu in the past. She understood his previous feelings,but that he now didn't have the same attraction towards her.

Who is the woman that arrives at the very end, after the credits? would like to think,and hope, that the woman is Touko. The way they show off that kind of "final" meeting, bums me, as I prefer clear closure and real endings. Too much were left for me to imagine at that point.

Anyway. Loved this movie. Theater-wise, this is my best romance show I've seen.
With me seeing this movie, pre-the prequels, I ofc got alot of questions unanswered. I hope the Ova's make the other relationships more clear.. 9/10. may end up changing it after watching it a 2nd time at a later occation ( or whatever)
Feb 5, 2012 5:57 PM

Oct 2010
Impressive work. When i finish watching the OVA (Memiore and Hatsukoi) I felt this was going to leave things very open, but no.
This movie tied up the previous work beautifully and had a really heartwarming ending.

I would like to believe the women at the end is Touko. He wrote the second book for her, so she can read it and enjoy (munch it) it.
She doesn't stay with him because he would have died as an artist (life experience is needed to create work that leave an impression on viewers/readers ). So I agree with her decision of letting him leave his life and maybe come back if they still feel the same way after the book is release.

My only complain is lack of details on the time skip. We see Miu taking care of a daycare, then out "crush girl" still on uniform in the library (?) and then Konoha grown up writting a new story (not to be confuse with "Literature Girl") and having a meeting with a new editor which he hope is Touko.

Overall, amazing work, but it needs more. It seems they are trying to fit so much in a movie and 4 ovas
huh?
Mar 4, 2012 2:06 AM

Aug 2009
was gonna rate this a 6 but then the kiss got to me! xDD

ummm 8/10?
Jun 7, 2012 9:00 PM
Feb 2011
i enjoyed this film but the thing i wanna know is what is miu made of she survives from a fall of a building then she survives being hit by a truck if that's not luck then i dunno what is
Jun 17, 2012 4:28 PM

Dec 2009
I don`t want to write what was good or bad for me in this show. I enjoyed watching it as I`d searched for something with such kind of atmosphere. So, I`m almost satisfied and even think about reading the novel...
Jul 4, 2012 4:28 AM

Jan 2011
javalu882005 said:
The mystery girl in the end is Touko because couple of things:
1. He wrote a book called Bungaku Shoujo. Miu was not a Bungaku Shoujo. His first book was for Miu, second book is for Touko. Both books are based on his time with the girls.

2. When mystery girl ring door bell, he said "if its her, she will like it for sure. ( it = the book about the Literature Girl )" I don't see Miu like the book, so i can assume it is Touko. Also who promised to read that book? Not Miu i tell you that much.

3. in the end, the white screen with Japanese words on it says: That's because under the magnolia tree, i chanced upon her. Translated by Doki. In Japanese Kanojo (彼女) could mean both her or GirlFriend. SO lets see, where did he see a girl under a magnolia tree?????? Such a hard problem, man.... So you go back the beginning of the movie, and read those text on the sky then it will make it even more easy for you.

Now HE even ask the same question: " Why am i writing this again", he is writing because he love Touko, the same reason he wrote the first book for Miu. So now you can also figure out the second BOOK that he wrote in the end was the Movie it self, you can almost say the Movie is a adaptation of His BOOK... get it?

Minus the sarcasm, anyone who has questions this pretty much sums it up and I concur with it.
Jul 6, 2012 10:38 AM

Mar 2010
Oh god this was one of the best things I've seen. It was an amazing experience, I don't even know what to say to be honest. I just loved it. ;-;

10/10
Jul 6, 2012 10:42 AM

Jul 2011
oh wow, that was amazing. it got a bit confused at some certain parts, but overall, i enjoyed watching this movie. sooo heartwarming ;_;

10/10
Jul 7, 2012 7:44 AM

Jul 2008
A very good movie, loved it 8/10. Left it was rushed.

Wish there will be a full series sometime in the future. The novel deserves a complete adaption.
Jul 10, 2012 7:45 PM

Jul 2011
What is up with this story line? Some dumb bitch with histrionic disorder who also has crazy suicidal tendencies. Why bother with her? Should just say "Hey, it's nice to see you again, but you are fucking crazy, so I'm going to stay away from you." The guy is an idiot. And what's up with the paper eating?

I don't like the art that much, it reminds me of timmy/jimmy in southpark. Those squashed faces... eh...

AND someone has REALLY gotta lock that damn door to the roof, it's a middle school with no roof fencing around it. Seriously.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Jul 18, 2012 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
This movie is terribly underrated

TheLocalHentai said:
What is up with this story line? Some dumb bitch with histrionic disorder who also has crazy suicidal tendencies. Why bother with her? Should just say "Hey, it's nice to see you again, but you are fucking crazy, so I'm going to stay away from you." The guy is an idiot. And what's up with the paper eating?

I don't like the art that much, it reminds me of timmy/jimmy in southpark. Those squashed faces... eh...

AND someone has REALLY gotta lock that damn door to the roof, it's a middle school with no roof fencing around it. Seriously.

Well apparently since you haven't even watched the prequel OVAs to the movie, you won't know the events prior to it.

I'd recommend you watch something more suitable for your IQ level - http://myanimelist.net/anime/20/Naruto for example, I'm sure you'll like it
Aug 15, 2012 4:25 AM

Sep 2008
lmao, I was about to give this a holy place next to 5 cm/s with a 1/10, but that ending after the credits brought it up to a 5/10. Such a terrible movie, I was bored almost the entire time.

The only good parts in the whole movie were the main guy giving his scarf and gloves to the literature girl and also the ending bit with the train.
Aug 15, 2012 9:36 AM

Feb 2009
I watched it... And I don't know what to say. In one way it irritated me - the art (but mostly only in the beginning), the characters. But in the other - I loved it, even though throughout the film I was like "let's see, what's in the next few minutes" :D
http://fairy-end.myminicity.com - please click me sometimes xD
Aug 27, 2012 6:35 AM

Sep 2009
I'm finally done watching this movie. I have mixed emotions while watching it. Although I did enjoy this, sadly it didn't hold up to my expectations that I'd had after watching the prequel OVAs...

For one thing, the 'literature girl' barely seemed to feature, with the story focusing so much on Konoha and Miu - which wasn't really an engaging plot, I certainly didn't care for Miu too much. After the OVAs I'd been expecting that Touko would be the main focus of the movie, so it was sad to see that she was almost a side character.

For all that though, the animation was beautiful, and the interactions between Konoha and Touko were great - when we got them. The music was another high point. Just a shame that it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

I really enjoy watching it from the part were Konoha started running and searching for Touko until the ending.
Sep 7, 2012 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
...That was SO GOOD! :) 9/10 because there's a couple of things I disliked.

So first, the good. It felt like a mix of Hyouka and 5cm per second. At first, Touko was a bit annoying and she felt like Chitanda from Hyouka but obviously, she's not and we see that she's actually pretty amazing and not that annoying later on. Then there's Miu. Sure she's manipulative and evil but if you've seen the OVA, you would know her background story. Her family treats her like crap. Not gonna lie, I would be as bad or even worse if I had to suffer so much. And the last female protagonist would be Nanase. She didn't play a bit role actually but I liked her character much more than the other two girls. She's the one who suffers from unrequited love and we see some of that from the OVA as well.
I like the characters. Yup. They all were pretty awesome.

And the things I didn't like? Well, adding Maki was really weird. I didn't read LN so I had no clue who she was. She was completely unnecessary to the plot truth be told. Also, the Chia/Ryuuto relationship. I understand that it was LN-only but why did they squeeze that into the movie? It had nothing to do with the plot.
Another thing I didn't like was the shift from loving Miu to loving Touko. Konoha was like "I love you, Miu" and then he goes and chases Touko. And kisses her. To be frank, I barely saw their relationship evolving. Sure there were cute scenes like them praying under the stars and her getting his scarf and gloves but nothing else really happened. :S Anyways, I just didn't like the rushed romance going on.

Anyways, I did enjoy this movie a lot and I might re-watch it in the future if I feel like it. I definitely recommend EVERYONE to watch the OVAs before you watch this movie. It definitely helped my experience.

...Now, where are the light novels?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What order should I watch Bungaku Shoujo in?

minegroasprilla - Oct 31, 2013

7 by Arcanius7 »»
Mar 30, 2022 1:34 PM

» Anime vs novels

Wannabiteme - Nov 3, 2015

3 by Randomcardcaptor »»
Jun 13, 2020 2:09 PM

» Bungaku Shoujo Ending Question

patday8472 - Dec 28, 2017

1 by Nexu »»
Dec 28, 2017 4:26 PM

» Can someone who read the novel tell me how it ends??

Gal3riel - Jul 8, 2014

2 by xsilicon9 »»
Mar 3, 2015 7:01 PM

» Was the Bungaku Shoujo magical in nature?

Dangerthirdwheel - Aug 5, 2011

1 by javalu882005 »»
Oct 23, 2011 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.