Forum Settings
Forums

Hiro Mashima Begins New Manga 'Dead Rock' in July

New
Jun 5, 2023 10:05 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The July 2023 issue of Monthly Shounen Magazine announced on Tuesday that Hiro Mashima is launching a new manga titled Dead Rock. The manga will begin in the magazine's August issue on July 6. Mashima also announced that the manga will have a short-term serialization.

The manga takes place in a dark fantasy Demon Academy called Dead Rock, which is a demon king training institute that rules over the depths of the demon world. Yakuto, a young Demon World dweller, is challenged to the arduous entrance examinations there.

Mashima is currently serializing two other manga—Edens Zero in Weekly Shounen Magazine and Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest sequel with artist Atsuo Ueda on the Magazine pocket web manga portal.

Mashima serialized Fairy Tail in Weekly Shounen Magazine from August 2006 to July 2017. Kodansha published the adventure fantasy manga in 63 volumes.

The original Fairy Tail manga was adapted into three television anime, two anime movies in 2012 and 2017, and nine original video anime episodes. Fairy Tail: Final Series (Fairy Tail Final Series), the latest anime installment in the franchise, aired in 51 episodes between Fall 2018 and Summer 2019. A television anime adaptation of the Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest sequel manga is currently in production.

Source: Mantan Web

Jun 5, 2023 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
gonna read it for sure just because i like his art style
Jun 6, 2023 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
I understand that this is already a classic of the genre and an endless source for memes, but it really impresses me that even after FT and EZ, he still uses the same designs, only with a changed color palette.
Jun 6, 2023 1:32 AM

Jul 2015
Our favourite foot fetishist manga artist can't stop taking W

Jun 6, 2023 1:53 AM

Jun 2014
Ah, time for the adventures of Natsu but with white hair this time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 6, 2023 2:53 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
This mans still at it? I sleep. 
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jun 6, 2023 3:54 AM
Jan 2016
RobertBobert said:
I understand that this is already a classic of the genre and an endless source for memes, but it really impresses me that even after FT and EZ, he still uses the same designs, only with a changed color palette.

I will never understand why this is even a complaint the man developed an artstyle with rave master and has been polishing it and weirdly he sticks to the same thing with his main characters a lot of his side characters and villains are all different and distinct to each series and a lot of other mangaka do the same thing without the same criticism like come on guys consistency if it's bad criticize everyone for it
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jun 6, 2023 4:36 AM
May 2021
Guy always taking Ws, haters can cry if they want to. This guy is the definition of grinding & enjoying creating manga.
Jun 6, 2023 5:17 AM

Feb 2012
This man never takes a break and funny enough all his new series are still successful.
Jun 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Nov 2019
Ramkec said:
This man never takes a break and funny enough all his new series are still successful.

Are you sure.. I remember his latest adapted work doing so poorly with viewers that the original streamer almost completely dropped it after one season..
this_shit_againJun 6, 2023 9:24 AM
Jun 6, 2023 10:46 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Hopefully this comes out in NA eventually..
Jun 6, 2023 11:19 AM
May 2011
I still hope eventually he'll get around to writing a romcom because the way he writes fights is horrible but everything else is pretty good
Rating things is overrated.
Jun 6, 2023 1:06 PM

Feb 2011
He has another manga again... and so fast!! I wish there was some romance too! ^^
Jun 6, 2023 2:27 PM

Mar 2014
this_shit_again said:
Ramkec said:

Are you sure.. I remember his latest adapted work doing so poorly with viewers that the original streamer almost completely dropped it after one season..

Yep, I heard about that as well, sadly.

Edens Zero may be copycat the looks of a lot of characters in FT (specially the main duo, in those ones he did not even disguised, like, bruh...), but is undeniable much better written.

It also has legit cool characters, like Homura.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 6, 2023 5:17 PM
Jul 2013
'BooHoo my back hurts I need a break'

Mashima: 'PATHETIC.'
Jun 6, 2023 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
So, Mashima's take on "Demon Academy" bullshittery, huh?
Gonna be reading it, for sure.
Jun 7, 2023 3:59 AM

May 2021
Can't wait to see a story about how friendship saves everything and his "new" ctrl +c  ctrl + v character designs 
Jun 7, 2023 5:21 AM
Jan 2016
this_shit_again said:
Ramkec said:

Nah Netflix is just losing viewers like crazy because they're run by idiots the series sells fine it's just for whatever reason space series don't have much success without model kits which is more just kodansha dropping the ball again
Jun 7, 2023 6:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Haven't really gotten into Eden Zero at all yet, but I think I'll follow this one closely since it sounds more like my speed 
Jun 7, 2023 11:43 AM

Feb 2020
Eden zero has still not ended. He is writing fairy tail 100years quest too. That means he will be doing 3 manga at the same time
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 7, 2023 9:34 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Mashima being an absolute chad, as usual. The guy is not only working on multiple manga, he is also working with Marvelous as the lead artist on a new game as well. The guy just doesn't have an off switch. You've got to respect it.
Jun 8, 2023 12:22 AM

Oct 2017
GOAT Mashima with another manga.
Jun 8, 2023 11:11 AM
Jun 2023
Mashima is love  .
Jun 8, 2023 9:29 PM

Aug 2010
Mashima is a busy guy/
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 11, 2023 2:35 AM
May 2023
ENG🇺🇲: Honestly though. You can say whatever you want about Mashima. But the guy is a MENACE. When this comes out now on July he will be working on three Mangas at the same time, I don't know how he does it 💀.
I mean, I know he doesn't fully do 100YQ, he does the Base and someone else finishes it, but still!
In either way, I'm actully curious about this one, a Monthly Dark-Fantasy Manga that is actully some experimentation he is doing? I think It has potential. He can do good stuff when he wants, Rave Master, Tartaros(FT), Belial Gore(EZ) and Aoi War(EZ) where actully really good.
So I'm very interested.

ESP🇦🇷:Honestamente. Pueden decir lo que quieran de Mashima y su trabajo. Pero el tipo es Otra Cosa. Cuando esto salga ahora en julio. Mashima estaría trabajando en tres Mangas al mismo tiempo, no sé cómo lo hace 💀.
Osea, sé que no trabajo en 100YQ por completo, tengo entendido que él hace la Base y alguien más la termina, Pero aún así!
En todo caso, tengo mucha curiosidad sobre este nuevo Manga. Un manga tipo "Dark Fantasy" mensual que es como un experimento que Mashima está haciendo? Creo que Tiene potencial. Mashima es realmente capaz de cosas muy buenas si se lo plantea. Rave Master, Tartaros (FT), Belial Gore (EZ) y Aoi War (EZ) fueron realmente buenos Arcos/Historias.
Estoy realmente Interesada.
Jun 15, 2023 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
yamiyugi101 said:
RobertBobert said:

I will never understand why this is even a complaint the man developed an artstyle with rave master and has been polishing it and weirdly he sticks to the same thing with his main characters a lot of his side characters and villains are all different and distinct to each series and a lot of other mangaka do the same thing without the same criticism like come on guys consistency if it's bad criticize everyone for it
Because having your own style and "hey, he just dyed their hair a different color" are two different things.
Jun 15, 2023 2:54 AM
Jan 2016
RobertBobert said:
yamiyugi101 said:

Because having your own style and "hey, he just dyed their hair a different color" are two different things.

It's really not what you described but hey keep lying and being disingenuous I'm not debating this I said what I needed to say
Jun 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Apr 2012
yamiyugi101 said:
RobertBobert said:

It's really not what you described but hey keep lying and being disingenuous I'm not debating this I said what I needed to say
Such hostile responses to a quite simple statement only devalue your position, not mine.
Jun 16, 2023 12:31 PM

May 2019
Jun 18, 2023 8:49 PM

Aug 2018
tchitchouan said:
isn't he working on edens zero ?
Yea he's still working on Edens Zero and Fairy Tail: 100 Year's Quest (though he doesn't do the art for FT anymore), but he's announced a few months ago (can't remember when exactly) that EZ's entered the final arc. For FT it still seems we there's a bit to go

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

6 by Sleabedybarb »»
24 seconds ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
3 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.