Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 7, 2023 3:58 PM
Feb 2023
Ionliosite2 said:
Phosphophyllita said:
Another terrible episode, Ufotable saves their budget for these brief moments of Tanjirou that last 2 or 3 seconds but will go down in history as "the best animation of all time." I'm amazed at how this anime struggles to make characters speak normally, except for the Mist Hashira and that Akaza, everyone just screams.
Not even Kanroji's hotness will save it.
And it seems like pulling things out of thin air is Kimetsu no Yaiba's modus operandi, why bother building something when you can just pull it out of thin air and then use a flashback to justify it?
Abysmal, as always.

I was kinda falling asleep until those 20 seconds of good animation, but remember this, people just know the names of studios like MAPPA, A-1, Cloverworks and Ufotable, so of course Ufotable is the one that comes out on top when compared to mediocre studios, not saying Ufotable is bad, but just because they are good doesn't mean we should forget Kyoto Animation and Production IG exists.

I know you listened to the troll but comeon. Bones exist, man. I would put bones as top 3, along with Ufoatable and MAPPA easily after that extraordinary animation scene. I would also understand why some would put Ufoatable as number 1 though. Btw don’t count MAPPA out until you see JJK S2.
Confused_100May 7, 2023 4:08 PM
May 7, 2023 4:10 PM
Apr 2022
UNLIMITED BUDGET WORKS FR FR
May 7, 2023 4:12 PM
Feb 2021
HINOKAMI KAGURA!!!!
May 7, 2023 4:15 PM

Oct 2017
Welp, guess Demon Slayer has really turn into Fairy Tail.
Random flashback -> Power of friendship -> able to cut 3 heads of Upper 4 at once. And is Fire ability like Natsu too.

Do note Tanjirou went to Sword Village for rehabilitation (meaning the only training he done after the fight is that 5 days of doll battles) and his sword is still in a bad shape atm after upper 6 battle but apparently none of this matters.
Yeah genuinely think Upper 6 is stronger than Upper 4 and 5.... 

Also didn't expect I'd say this but those fish monsters are AWFUL CGI, like the worst CGI UFO has ever made.
It's very out of place and jarring, it doesn't really merge into the world.
Ventus_SMay 7, 2023 4:22 PM
May 7, 2023 4:26 PM
May 2021
one of the most hype episodes in demon slayer as a hole
May 7, 2023 4:26 PM
Feb 2021
you make swords but cant defend yourself
May 7, 2023 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
Ventus_S said:
Random flashback -> Power of friendship -> able to cut 3 heads of Upper 4 at once. And is Fire ability like Natsu too.

Do note Tanjirou went to Sword Village for rehabilitation (meaning the only training he done after the fight is that 5 days of doll battles) and his sword is still in a bad shape atm after upper 6 battle but apparently none of this matters.

Also didn't expect I'd say this but those fish monsters are AWFUL CGI, like the worst CGI UFO has ever made.
Good point about the CGI. But the belief that training is the only way to become stronger is a fallacy. In combat sport, the best way to improve is through actual competition in the ring. Tanjuro just defeated an Upper Echelon, and of course, he will become better because of it. He literally drew from that experience.
May 7, 2023 4:52 PM

Oct 2017
puppetmazter said:
Ventus_S said:

Good point about the CGI. But the belief that training is the only way to become stronger is a fallacy. In combat sport, the best way to improve is through actual competition in the ring. Tanjuro just defeated an Upper Echelon, and of course, he will become better because of it. He literally drew from that experience.

Guess people watch too much anime to think real combat is quick way to become stronger.

Sure actual combat can hone your experience/ awareness and make you a better fighter, but it is still backed up by the amount of training you done.
Real combat is just a mean to let you really harness what you have learned and actually execute them, it won't let you magically become stronger.
A sport player or stage performer doesn't just shine in their game/ stage because they has lots of real experience, most the effort is from offstage practices.
In fact they're just doing worse than usual in actual game/ performance because of nervousness/ anxiety, and having lots experience will make them closer to their actual skill level.
May 7, 2023 5:00 PM
Jun 2019
what a worse eps, the direction in this eps was so badd
and another fvcking plot armor for tanjiro from stupid memory,
will this continue to happen when tanjiro is about to lose suddenly there is a flashback in the middle of the fight and the use of CGI light suddenly increases
May 7, 2023 5:06 PM
Apr 2021
A really insane episode
May 7, 2023 5:19 PM

Apr 2022
animation was undoubtedly insane, this show really benefits when there's no comedy, huh.
hinokami kagura was great but i don't really find mitsuri's sword cool - a whip that's too flashy although it does look great and i do love hearing hanazawa kana.
damn, so genya has switched. didn't expect that. i just thought he was stabbed.

as it stands; 2 decent episodes and 3 garbage episodes.
May 7, 2023 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Ventus_S said:
puppetmazter said:

Guess people watch too much anime to think real combat is quick way to become stronger.

Sure actual combat can hone your experience/ awareness and make you a better fighter, but it is still backed up by the amount of training you done.
Real combat is just a mean to let you really harness what you have learned and actually execute them, it won't let you magically become stronger.
A sport player or stage performer doesn't just shine in their game/ stage because they has lots of real experience, most the effort is from offstage practices.
In fact they're just doing worse than usual in actual game/ performance because of nervousness/ anxiety, and having lots experience will make them closer to their actual skill level.
Spoken like someone who has never been in the ring. Yes, real combat makes you stronger, thats not magical its factual. This aint performance art, buddy. Theres a good reason why experience is important in combat sports and military. You cant simulate certain circumstances in training. Also, anybody can and is training. What sets Tanjiro apart are his pervious battles with powerful opponents. 
May 7, 2023 6:19 PM

Feb 2021
Damn, this episode was quite gory
May 7, 2023 6:26 PM
Jul 2017
SNOOZEFEST OF an episode only for literally the dragon head animation sequence lmao

also too many items to complain about, i'll just focus on how nezuka using her blood art to fire the sword makes no sense to awaken his power. and what happened to the new smell/thread

May 7, 2023 6:33 PM
Feb 2022
MORE MUZAN MEMORIES HES GETTING SCARED
May 7, 2023 6:38 PM

Jul 2016
Power-ups in shounen never looked this good. The way how they animated that Hinokami Kagura technique looked absolutely orgasmic.

Also crazy cliffhanger out of nowhere. Is Genya like Nezuko or did he deadass make a pact to become a Demon to become stronger?
May 7, 2023 6:39 PM

Jan 2021
Amazing episode as always. Mitsuri was an absolute badass, she by far has the coolest sword out of everyone. I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more custom swords. But considering the materials and the years of training for Demon Slayers, I guess it makes sense. Everyone's fights were paced well. We were near the end of Tanjiro's fight, Misturi has plenty of energy so her fight ended quickly, and Muchiro's fight has only begun.

Oh and the angry guy got bitten by the demon and is now a demon. It's less interesting that this character is now a demon and more intregiuing on how Tanjiro will react to it. Will Tanjiro hesitate to kill him, because, his sister refused to give into her demon instincts. What will other people say if they find the demon "demon slayer."
May 7, 2023 6:40 PM
Jul 2012
Ufotable has absolutely mastered their craft - that level of animation on the 5th episode is INSANE. Watched the episode twice, back to back, just to enjoy it.
May 7, 2023 6:46 PM
Jul 2012
gurusensei said:
So now tanjiro's good enough to basically defeat upper moon 4? Sounds illogical but I am not complaining.  That move in the end looks sick as fuck though.
I don't think UM4 is dead yet, but is it really illogical, though? While tired and hurt, Tanjiro nearly killed Daki in a single strike with Hinokami Kagura - and that was before training against Yoriichi Type Zero. This Nezuko-buffed Tanjiro could probably solo UM6
May 7, 2023 7:06 PM
Aug 2021
Hinokami Kagura Sun Halo dance was Amazing!!! I am slowly starting to like muichiro more and more. And as always Every Nezuko shot was absolutely badass, gorgeous, stunning, powerful , usefull , Brilliant! this was a great episode.
May 7, 2023 7:18 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread cleaned. Please keep it civil/stay on topic.

Great episode!! Tanjiro was so badass, I got chills.

Genya...?
May 7, 2023 7:27 PM
Oct 2022
that this bro, tanjirooo just making us proud, I'll keep platinum Demon Slayer until the end
May 7, 2023 7:31 PM
Mar 2021
Got to watch again the Hinokami Kagura was so cool
May 7, 2023 7:33 PM
Apr 2017
amazing art, ufotable really is on another level when it comes to animation
May 7, 2023 7:40 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
That was cool, though no idea what the heck is going on. 
May 7, 2023 7:46 PM
May 2020
Ventus_S said:

Lol if you think demon slayer had the “power of friendship” trope you are gravely mistaken

Also the cgi is supposed to look like that, the gosh are supposed to be jarring and not fit into the world

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiMay 7, 2023 8:00 PM
May 7, 2023 8:48 PM
Nov 2019
Vase demon is easily the creepiest demon we've seen so far, with that "work of art" he showed. Kanroji's whip-sword looks like it'd be super hard to actually use.
May 7, 2023 8:51 PM
May 2020
freakin amazing holy
May 7, 2023 9:02 PM
Jan 2019
nicee nicee niceee wow visual nicee tanjiro i love kimetsu..
May 7, 2023 9:19 PM

Aug 2018
As usual awesome visuals. The animation is great but sadly it's the only thing now carrying the show
Yuri is Life
May 7, 2023 9:21 PM

Jul 2019
So is Tanjiro going to finally become a Hashira next episode? Probably not, lol. But I do remember thinking at the end of last season and the start of this one, Tanjiro and co killed the first upper rank ever apparently, yet no mention of them going up in rank at all? They still the same low rank demon hunters? How does that make any sense? What are the criteria for advancing, if killing a demon who has been unkillable for over 100 years doesn't do it? Or is it just something the anime cut, and he actually did get premoted? 
May 7, 2023 9:54 PM
Mar 2021
Demon Slayer looks as good as any anime in the business, their animation is top-notch. I also like the demon's designs as well they look very unique and menacing. But don't find the character/character dynamic as much as the prior seasons without Zenitsu, and Inosuke. But the season is still early to change my mind but in my opinion this is the worst season so far.
May 7, 2023 9:59 PM
Apr 2018
I just have to say people on the internet seem to have way worse memory loss than Muichiro. This anime has been using CGI since day 1, I don't know where all this crying comes from, it doesn't even look bad. People who say it does don't know a damn thing about 3D modeling. About the episode, as usual pretty neat visuals and stunning pacing (faster than last episode)
Yellow2000May 7, 2023 10:03 PM
May 7, 2023 10:06 PM
Jan 2018
Another upper demon taken down, just a few more left!
May 7, 2023 10:10 PM
Nov 2016
Wow goddamn, now this is what I'm talking about, this is where Demon Slayer shines and I fucking loved it, the previous episode was good but the action scene was "uninspiring" IMHO but this episode is legit, the action scenes were fucking awesome here and this is the thing I love about this anime, it barely had comedy too, goddamn, I wish all the episodes were like this, definitely the best episode of this season BY FAR, it was pretty brutal and dark, I loved it, this is how this anime should have been from the beginning, I would be praising the shit out of this anime if I get episodes this dark.

And what happened to the Mist Hashira was harsh, damn, I feel bad for that guy, he took the hit to protect those guys, what a chad, I actually forgot about this part in the manga, for some reason I wasn't that interested in him in the manga which made me forget about him but this episode made me change my mind about him, he's actually pretty awesome himself, I knew the anime was going to make the Mist Hashira shine and it didn't disappoint, the Pink Hashira is pretty awesome herself too.

For some reason this episode felt pretty short, why are the episodes short when I enjoy the shit out of it? goddamn it, I want to see 1 hour of these types of episodes.

5/5 episode, can't wait for the next one.
May 7, 2023 10:34 PM

Jun 2015
Beautifully done Hinokami Kagura... Some serious sakuga
May 7, 2023 11:10 PM

Jan 2021
I really enjoyed this episode but I'm a bit bummed that there was too much dialogue and monologue..... BUT THEN TANJIRO'S FIGHT WAS SO COOL!! Nezuko was awesome too!

I want to see more Mitsuri in action again.

May 7, 2023 11:28 PM
Oct 2019
Nice fight scene, best episode so far.
May 8, 2023 12:08 AM
Feb 2022
the moment when tanjiro did hinokami kagura what a breath taking visual still can't get enough of it
and i really hope muichiro gets a new sword to fight that vase demon i really want to see him in action
May 8, 2023 12:13 AM

Dec 2020
HOLY MOLY!! I thought the previous episode was a tad bit lackluster but man that's what they were saving for. Head Dance was freakin' amazing!! Everything from Mist Breathing, Love Breathing, the Blood Demon Art of Nezuko and especially the fire were so damn pleasant to eyes. I loved it.
So this is exclusively based on my perspective as an anime-only watcher but I think ma' Genya boi is in the same situation as Nezuko but rather than being made to drink he either drink it or eat flesh on his own or his mom was pregnant when she became a demon.
Anywho, we'll find that out in next or the episode after that, I am patient aggressively. I really want next episode but I don't want spoilers nor will I read manga so yeah! I can wait.
Man I really love that they are getting W's where it is most necessary and not screwing up like most of the studios. It's a bliss, innit?

Also, screw those people who were against the Bath scene. I am not a fan of ecchi but but that doesn't mean that you go against the source for it unless it's making it better. They can just die in a ditch somewhere, I have no sympathy for them. Man, Matsuri is a good gal. Without that scene, it can hinder quite an big part of story if you see the whole picture. Idk why I am ranting so late, sorry.

For card delivery, please click the picture on right
May 8, 2023 1:02 AM
Jun 2013
MinoGelatino said:
Holy shit what were these visuals?! Makes me want to make demon slayer my number 1 anime.

Dude got a great animated sequence in the anime and is already enough for him to "want to make my number 1 anime", sometimes it gets harder to defend Yaiba from the "it's totally carried by animation" criticism lol (and don't get me wrong, i like KnY)
May 8, 2023 2:53 AM

Oct 2022
Oh.. Tanjiro beheading 3 demons at once.

The animation this episode was on point and this is just the 5th episode.
Extremely excited to see the brilliant work of studio ufotable.

May 8, 2023 2:54 AM

Oct 2022
Oh.. Tanjiro beheading 3 demons at once.

The animation this episode was on point and this is just the 5th episode.
Extremely excited to see the brilliant work of studio ufotable.

May 8, 2023 3:11 AM

Jun 2015
I just kept thinking while watching that this episode had everything, felt hyped up despite having read the manga ages ago.
uh oh!
May 8, 2023 3:53 AM
Oct 2022
Finally, we saw the real power of ufotable animation. Next level episode.
May 8, 2023 4:27 AM
Apr 2021
how lucky and fortunate are we all that we get to be alive at the same time as this amazing adaption. what an episode.
May 8, 2023 4:34 AM

Oct 2013
Gyokko, what a psycho! Bizarre looking creature, ruthless behavior full of derailed quirks... that's how a demon should look and act like!

Few days ago I read an information regarding ep. 5's staff. It was to feature Nozomu Abe, the ace animator, and Masaru Kimura. I expected to see a visual feast, and it was indeed there. My expectations were not only met, but also exceeded. Beautiful and detailed animation, direction, colors... truly sakugafest at its finest. And it's not even the season's finale! I can only imagine what is yet to come.

Tanjirou's Hinokami Kagura with Red Sword looked stellar, but I liked how Mitsuri's attacks got animated. I was wondering how they'd look like, since her fighting style, apart from being interesting in general, had seemed to me to be hard to animate when I was reading the manga and thought about how it might look like in the future. Ufotable has nailed the way of adapting it, not doubt about that.

Taishou secret this week was funny, haha. Mitsuri showing off her sword skills in front of Nezuko and Tanjiro was cute and looked adorable.
May 8, 2023 5:07 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
HOLY that was hype!!! God tier animation right there. Go Tanjiro man woah. I hope they’ve actually defeated the #4 rank demon, but tbh I doubt it.

If Genya has turned into a demon that’s an awesome plot point (or if he’s been a demon all along! Would explain the losing teeth and how he kept surviving those hits the last couple eps).

Great to see mommy Mitsuri in on the action. Her weapon is so cool. Like a whip blade or something.

I’ve done a full 180 on Tokito I think. He’s really earning my respect.

Also we’ve seen this water prison thingo in so many anime haha - Naruto, Fairy Tail, even in One Piece (Strong World).

10/10 so far!
May 8, 2023 5:11 AM
Aug 2022
Not only the animators, even the sound artist went beyond amazing!!
May 8, 2023 5:22 AM

Jul 2016
Chris_Balubas said:
Not only the animators, even the sound artist went beyond amazing!!

I was thinking this throughout. The sound work was amazing.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
Yesterday, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

52 by bassyey »»
May 13, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

708 by yungboipaulo »»
May 7, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2023

241 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 19, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.