Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2023 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Sakamichi deserved that break after all that competition. Dude looks completely burnt out after competiting at such a high level. 

Even Teshima acknowledges him after that tough race. Reflecting this season, it felt a lot about character growth for the cast. Sakamichi got the most development in the final few episodes and deserves to be on that stage. 
Mar 25, 2023 12:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
great surprise, double episode today!!!

Well, the season ended with

in the podium, the first!!!

Great last episode, one of the best of all the season!!!

4/10 kekeke

Mar 25, 2023 1:35 PM
Sep 2015
The double episode catch me off guard, I feel like we should put a warning at the thread title like Episode 25 (Final Episode) so that other people would not think of this thread as episode 24.

What a hug from Imaizumi! And the way Onoda and Minami lean toward each other, happy ending exist after all.

Now, the race is over, two things I can certainly say, first: it's not as good as the first year, second: but it's still a very entertaining, exciting, enchanting, exhilarating experience.

Sohoku won again? To be precise, Onoda won again? Many people thought that Manami/Hakone deserve more, some people even route for Midousuji, but I've to say that Junta's decision, which wasn't revealed until the race end, is the reason why Sohoku deserve to win. Junta is weak, and he has all the reason to keep the mountain winner tag, instead, he gave up this title and gamble everything on Onoda.

Junta's plan is highly successful. We're mislead into thinking that his plan was outsmarted by Hakone, or was destroyed by Midousuji, but they only destroy a part of his plan. When looking back, Sohoku is well ahead of the game in late game, Midousuji successfully catch up but at what cost, just like Minami, he catch up to Onoda/Imaizumi but at what cost? Midousuji/Minami were pretty exhaust at that point.

I kinda hope it end the race with the trip to Akihabara + Hime song just like the last one though.
Mar 25, 2023 1:41 PM

Jul 2011
Aya who give a hug to Onoda ? YES 
Mar 25, 2023 3:36 PM

Dec 2012
Honestly i dislike the result a lot. Didn't even know it works like that with number tags. Teshima deserved much better and i don't like Sohoku winning again really, but without them winning, Teshima's sacrifice would feel even worse. Generally a conclusion that felt good to watch, even if i don't like the result. Also... Onoda's win make that much sense, cuz he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared to his teammates this whole inter-high ahhahah
Mar 25, 2023 3:57 PM

Oct 2017
Sakamichi did it again, he won. He actually managed to pull it off a second time, well done man. Feel bad for Manami though, he did really good but lost at the end.

Nice season overall, wish they didn't drag it so much though.
Mar 25, 2023 5:35 PM

Mar 2007
The last 2 episodes were so good they ALMOST made up for the pacing issues (slower than snails) and excessive flashbacks with that particular episode even having a flashback within a flashback.

Now THIS, this is what road racing should be like. Giving Everything you have and then some, one winner one loser. Chills. And then ... when the team stepped onto the podium in unison, the tears came. Oh Onoda. You're such a precious cream puff.

Takeaway: Terribly slow pacing, excessive flashbacks but still an exciting finish. This anime really knows how to do The Power of Friendship trope.
Mar 26, 2023 1:05 AM
Mar 2023
Ok so the Team needed 2 and a half season to complete the 42nd InterHigh. This season (starting at day 3 of the InterHigh) startet off pretty well and exciting. Although the Hiroshima Arc was skipped. (I didnt read the manga so I cant tell how good this little arc is.
But a soon as they progessed to the final stages, the unneccassary filler and flashbacks episode came. Like 500 m before the finish line, 4 (!!!) flashback episode were showed about people I really dont care about. These episode took off the pace of the race so much and it was really annoying in my opinion.
Mar 26, 2023 2:37 AM

Sep 2013
Man if only this season split two arcs in 25 episodes...

12 to 13 episodes for the final day of the inter high,with shorter flashbacks and other things that literally killed the rythm of this season

Some races in this season were still legendary, absolute fist clenching but that finale was literally ruined by what i said above, what a shame

7.5 season, still hoping for a sequel adapted.
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 26, 2023 3:15 AM
Jun 2021
when you win once people call it fluke, when you win twice people call you champion. in that sense onoda winning 2nd time was good result.
Mar 26, 2023 4:06 AM

Nov 2017
Woah, what an episode. I'm so glad it came earlier that week later.

The end of the race was so satisfying, but also weirdly calm. And Imaizumi hugging Sakamichi was so lovely. I really like their friendship - Imaizumi is always behaving like he is above everyone, but when it comes to Sakamichi he's so warm and friendly, he's treating him like someone precious to him, I love it.

And I wonder where did Midosuji go, so sad we didn't see him at the end :( I was hoping he will say something at the ceremony.

And Manami with Arakita-san moment was really touching. 

I really hope it will be season 6 - I don't want to end this series :'(
tombraiderka009Mar 26, 2023 3:37 PM
Mar 26, 2023 8:07 AM
Sep 2018
Ending was so good💗 8/10
Mar 26, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 2010
season 6 please, onto the mountain bike arc
Mar 26, 2023 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
No surprises here. This season was far from peak Yowamushi. Onoda vs Manami wasn't as intense as last time and it ended a bit too abrupt. I liked the Makishima moment, tho.

7,5/10 for being the weakest season. This series still will always have a special place in my heart and I can't wait for the third year.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2023 10:07 AM

Aug 2015
good ending, but they dragged out so much of the race.. lmao, is this the ending of the manga or?
Mar 26, 2023 12:16 PM

Oct 2011
ofc he'd win yet again did anyone expect anything else? lol

when next season happens i'll be here to see midosuji antics

6/10

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Mar 26, 2023 12:40 PM
Oct 2021
What happened to Midousuji?
Mar 26, 2023 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
I liked the season overall, but now I'm really wondering where they can take another inter-high's results from here. Assuming the series is covering Onoda's three high school years, there's only one more year but there's no way they would let MC team lose in a final part, but also three wins in a row sounds boring. Who knows, they'll probably make it work somehow.
Mar 26, 2023 3:25 PM

Nov 2012
I can honestly say I though tMinami had won.

Why was Sakamichi Mama looking confused at the award ceremony?

Looks like Satan called Midoutsuji home and he evaporated into nothingness.
Mar 26, 2023 4:54 PM
Mar 2019
ONODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 27, 2023 2:17 AM
Mar 2020
I seriously thought Hakone and Manami would win this time. Although, as a Kyoto Fushimi supporter, or rather Midosuji supporter, I was disappointed with the result in the last few series anyway. I thought that after Sohoku won the first year, Hakone would win the second year and Kyoto Fushimi would win the third, but now I don't even know what to expect from the third year. If Sohoku wins again (especially if it all hinges again on the Onoda vs. Manami race at the end, I really hope they just run their race for the climbing king title), it will be too predictable and boring. I was also very sad that even in this episode, there wasn't anyone from Kyoto Fushimi. I was expecting some kind of twist, like Komari taking 3rd place.

Mar 27, 2023 11:24 AM
Oct 2019
The final ep is satisfying to watch. Onada and Imaizumi hug is just so heartwarming. Honestly idk what their third-year Interhigh will look like. But I hope they achieve their goal for the one, two, three finish. I really want to see that happen. Can anyone tell me which chapter I should read to continue this season?
Mar 27, 2023 6:42 PM

Jun 2007
What a weird decision to have them win two Inter Highs in a row.
The MC has now won the two major races as a 1st and 2nd year.
What's the 3rd year to bring?
It's not like it would be a surprise for them to win it again.
The fate of Minami is far more like that of the MC.

Really weird.
Also do they physically grow up?
Would be weird if they don't.
Mar 28, 2023 6:09 AM

Aug 2014
Didn't expect the outcome but with how much Sohoku struggled this year, and how smug Hakone felt in the previous seasons, it wasn't bad. Teshima really stood out in these last seasons, incredible development. A shame Midousuji couldn't stick around for longer, and that Komari didn't do anything relevant this time around after those amazing moments in S4. Kyoto Fushimi deserves more. 

Hopefully we won't have too wait too much for another season, I heard the Mountain Bike arc that comes next is quite good. There's also the College spin-off... all I know is that I want more sweaty cycling boys screaming their lungs out and an avalanche of flashbacks. 
Mar 28, 2023 5:53 PM

May 2007
Oh, I hate that result.

I was not exactly a fan of Onodera winning the title in the first year, and giving him two straight, now you have set it up so he is either going to win it all three years or you end it with the main character failing in the final race. Yuck.

I would have rather have had Junta keep king of the mountain as Sohoku's victory, Junta carried this entire Inter High basically by himself because the three leads had been there before and experienced victories, Junta and Aoyagi had not.

The result brings this down from a borderline 7 or 8 out of 10 to a 6.

You might as well end the series now, there is no satisfying ending to the last race anymore.
My anime list
Apr 3, 2023 11:40 AM
Sep 2010
KoukiZen said:
The final ep is satisfying to watch. Onada and Imaizumi hug is just so heartwarming. Honestly idk what their third-year Interhigh will look like. But I hope they achieve their goal for the one, two, three finish. I really want to see that happen. Can anyone tell me which chapter I should read to continue this season?

chapter 545 but there is a massive gap in from 472-604 so no english translation exists of them yet, chapter 605+ the start of the third year is being done though.
Morcombe1990Apr 3, 2023 11:46 AM
Apr 6, 2023 5:23 AM
Oct 2019
Morcombe1990 said:
KoukiZen said:

chapter 545 but there is a massive gap in from 472-604 so no english translation exists of them yet, chapter 605+ the start of the third year is being done though.
Oh no... I really thought that i can continue it with the manga. Thanks btw
Apr 7, 2023 12:06 AM
Jul 2008
I used to like Yowamushi but growing to unlike it after the first interhigh. The pace is really slow, there are too many flashbacks, this is the first time I watched anime with flashback inside flashback. I want to see how the race progress not watching flashbacks. 1 or 2 short flashback is okay but delaying progress for several episodes for flashbacks infurated me. 

Same final battle, same winner, and Midousuji abused everyone then got beaten by Imaizumi and dead again. Funny that he said that Imaizumi did not change after one year, but he also did the same and expect something different.

I don't really like the new characters especially the Naruko copy. The one that keeping me watch is Onoda and Imaizumi. With the pace this slow, I don't think I'll watch next season.
Apr 16, 2023 6:34 PM
May 2020
I am very surprised that see that Onoda won again. Since the first day Sohoku team felt like underdogs since in my eyes they had a “weaker” team since the team had Junta and a newbie on their team. I just assumed they would lose and make the stakes higher for the 3rd inter high. Overall I enjoyed this season even though the ending had a lot of
Flashbacks and almost ruined the pacing but the last 2 episodes were perfect.
Yay267Apr 16, 2023 6:40 PM
Apr 28, 2023 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm, I've been thinking it for a while but it feels like Aya would be a surprisingly nice fit for Onoda.

The wait for the final results was excruciating. Part of me began to think that maybe Manami did win. I wasn't going to put it past YowaPedal since it would certainly set up a strong rivalry with a tie break on the line for their third and final Inter-High. But once Teshima smiled in the tent, it became all too clear. Despite largely being a repeat of Grande Road & having atrocious timing with the surplus of flashbacks, the one major strong point for this season was setting up both Manami & Onoda as equally deserving of the win. It actually got to the point where I felt dread seeing Manami finishing second before the joy of Onoda's win sank in. While it was certainly the safer result, I really liked Manami's mindset. He went from a reckless challenger seeking the thrill of being alive to a proper Hakone ace with a reason to live. It goes back to what he told Onoda about fate and being presented with events. He truly gave it his all this time and was prepared to accept the rest as fate.

Looking at it now, the OPs for this season fit this theme of Onoda vs Manami quite well. The first one shows them racing for the KOM checkpoint, which was their dream rematch. The second one has a melancholic mood to it and really makes me feel the weight of wanting both of them to win.

The ending felt somewhat sudden for my tastes, so I can only hope there's a chance for more in the future. Glory Line & Limit Break only felt like a step down because of the sheer volume of flashbacks that kept killing the finish line momentum (at literally EVERY checkpoint). S3 actually ended up being my favorite because of how it setup the next generation of Sohoku & Hakone, particularly my personal MVPs for both teams - Teshima & Kuroda.

When I finished Grande Road, I said that I wanted Sugimoto to become serious and my wish came true. So if there ever is another season, I'll be a bit greedier and dream of couple more things:
- Kyoto Fushimi gets a serious upgrade and none of the riders are "zaku."
- Sohoku's next generation includes Teru & Danchiku for the third Inter-High.
- Either Naruko or Imaizumi wins the final Inter-High. At one point, I was so hoping it was going to set up for each of them winning one per year.

In any case, it was a blast getting to this point again. I first started YowaPedal just over 7 years ago and it was probably my main motivation for getting into cycling. It was actually fun to rewatch some of the earlier seasons while riding on my indoor trainer. Now I'm psyched to start properly training outdoors next week.

8/10
ZekkenshinApr 28, 2023 11:14 PM
May 4, 2023 10:42 AM

Apr 2018
This season has a garbage ending, final race should have been between Imaizumi and Midousuji but they are obsessed with that nerd onoda and gay Manami.

May 13, 2023 4:36 AM

Jul 2015
Although everything after s2 went downhill in my opinion (some characters feeling downgraded, dragged out eps, unconsensual touching, not enough Hime Hime blasting through our ears, etc.), at least it was nice to see Sohoku team win again.

Jun 7, 2023 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
Huge YowaPeda fan, but I can't really like this season. I mean I can LIKE it, but not LOVE it. The pacing is god-awful (too many flashbacks + the races are WAY too short) and the ending was way too predictable. The story really need to step up a bit, maybe losing in second Inter-High would be more interesting choice instead of just letting the same characters win again.
And Midousuji was done DIRTY, he shined through Second Day and absolutely fell off during the Third.

It's weak 8, maybe 7.5, but first seasons were strong 10s.
TheMangaManiacJun 7, 2023 1:39 PM
Oct 30, 2023 6:45 PM

Feb 2014
Komari did really fuck up. What a bummer for Midousuji.
Feb 18, 7:20 PM
Oct 2012
What a weird ending.

Maybe it's because it's the first time in a spokon where I was rooting for the "bad guys", either Midousuji or Manami should have won imo.

I know there will be a third year but where is the fun in that? Like the main characters are all winners already, they are literally what most "bad guys" would be in every other spokon manga (Bi-champions, looking for the third championship in a row).

What a bad ending imo, the season itself was OK, but I am just pissed because Manami lost.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

28 by Koichi23xKaneki2 »»
Apr 16, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

11 by euls »»
Apr 12, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

20 by Hirugiku »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

12 by Hirugiku »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

8 by Hirugiku »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.