Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2023 7:04 AM
Mar 2022
Very interesting ngl, though not much really happened in this chapter.

I wonder if Denji's going to come to help Asa (because he just got motivated to go be CSM). I also wonder if Nayuta was talking about Yoru's scent or whatever's happening outside with Asa. 

Hoping the next chapter will be big because it's 14 days away instead of the usual 7.
Feb 21, 2023 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Asa is extremely easy to manipulate (just say you like her interest and smile and she will be head over heals for you).

Feb 21, 2023 7:06 AM
Jul 2016
OKAY cool, no asa and yoshida that makes me happy, denji and nayuta big chilling, what is the devil nayuta smells? O_o
also lool what is that ending im so confused
Feb 21, 2023 7:07 AM

Jan 2009
Asa is depressed damn and action time? finally!
Feb 21, 2023 7:08 AM
Jan 2020
Fujimoto knows how to write femcel characters a little too well
Feb 21, 2023 7:08 AM
Mar 2022
hakaripod said:
OKAY cool, no asa and yoshida that makes me happy, denji and nayuta big chilling, what is the devil nayuta smells? O_o

I feel like it might be another Zombie devil or like just some devil that controls people's minds or something though it's kinda random ngl
Feb 21, 2023 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
omega_blue said:
At this point I wonder if Fujimoto isn't a femcel himself.
Feb 21, 2023 7:11 AM

Oct 2017
Watching Nayuta is just so much damn fun. Poor Asa though.
Feb 21, 2023 7:12 AM

Dec 2020
Interesting ending...

Asa is really gullible huh
Feb 21, 2023 7:13 AM

Jan 2016
Not yoshida blocking them too 😭
And another two week wait 😭😭
Who will this demon be? Someone we already saw before? Looks interesting, two weeks can't pass fast enough!
Feb 21, 2023 7:14 AM

Jan 2015
That was quick. Interested in what this Devil is.
Feb 21, 2023 7:23 AM

May 2015
Yoshida ships them, then calls them a bad pair! What do you want man??
Also the people at the end. Is it doll devil, fearsome public speaking devil? Or something else entirely. I'm excited to see!
Feb 21, 2023 7:31 AM

May 2020
What's with this series and the protags being super easy, like too much lol. Though good finally something happened in the end, as last few chapters almost made me sleep multiple times.
Feb 21, 2023 7:31 AM

Jul 2010
Say whatever you want about CSM Part 1 but it was punk-rock fun. If you dislike guy full of chainsaws riding a fucking shark and killing a Tornado Baby, you're allergic to fun.

This? Part 2 is literally "I am 14 and this is deep". I've thought I was being stoopid and critiquing the story way too harsh, but then Asa said "maybe I just kill myself" and there was no denying that I am now reading a story about emo teenager who listens My Chemical Romance.

Oh, and of course this very thread will be FULL of people praising Fujimoto as their God and Savior (as usual) while you could get more character development and better dialogues in slice of life manga. Every other chapter feels like I am reading a filler. I like Fujimoto as much as other people, but Part 2 is garbage.

I can relate to people being lonely, but you can't just write trash like this in 2023.

-Oh people suck
-I agree
-Who needs them anyway?
-Well, I kinda do
-Why?
-Because I feel lonely and sad
-Even if they suck?
-Yea. Maybe we all suck a lil bit

Evangelion done it all more than 20 years ago, with gore, action and real depression to back it up. Hundreds of other stories done that. 
Feels like Asa as character specifically created to appeal to 14 yo girls, sorry, but I am not a girl, also I am twice her age.

I think I am going to take another break from CSM and come back when something really worth discussing happens- or will just drop it altogether. I need to follow my own advice "don't like it? DON'T READ IT" instead of waiting for some miracle to occur.
Feb 21, 2023 7:34 AM

Apr 2019
Asa is a such a good character. Her introspection about herself and her failure to form human connection was so well done. Fujimoto is writing her so well. Also her relationship with Yoru seems to have deepened a lot. She was genuinely concerned about Asa's well being. I really love these two.

Yoshida's stuff was pretty in character for him however I was hoping for a little more reveal from his side. Let's hope we learn more about him soon.

Denji and Nayuta's part was cute. Denji losing motivation to be Chainsaw Man and Nayuta motivating him for it was pretty cute. I really like their dynamic as well.

The ending part was pretty spooky. I wonder what Devil is it. I think Fami might be behind this incident as well.

Overall a really solid chapter:- 4.7/5
Feb 21, 2023 7:35 AM

May 2021
damn nayuta really gatekeeping denji (for the better!?)
also, i really feel for asa... fujimoto is being too real.

so, suicide or mindctrl devil incoming?
Feb 21, 2023 7:42 AM

Jun 2014
Interesting cliffhanger, can't wait to see what exactly that's all about.....in 2 weeks AUUGGHHHH 🤬
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 21, 2023 7:57 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Asa... I feel so bad for her sometimes. She's so gullible. Denji is so easily manipulative still. LOL. And, it looks like something's gonna happen in the next chapter. That last panel was crazy. Nayuta is cute...
Feb 21, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2022
Awwww so cute. I love Asa so much and Yoshida is really intriguing. I feel bad for Denji...

and honestly now I wonder what is going on with Asa and Yoru?? What the hell is this?? Probably something to do with Kiga!

Feb 21, 2023 8:04 AM
May 2021
Asa so soo adorable well in the sense of how she acts towards people! She needs to be protected… hmm
Feb 21, 2023 8:09 AM
Apr 2016
just like Makima Nayuta is a huge Chainsaw Man fan. They really share a lot of character traits.

Shit's about to go down in the next chapters. Obviously Denji and Asa's paths are gonna cross again and they will most definitely learn about their secret identities. Can't wait.
Feb 21, 2023 8:09 AM
Oct 2020
I wonder if its the doll devil again
Feb 21, 2023 8:14 AM
Nov 2017
Um retrato perfeito da nossa sociedade capitalista, onde a unica coisa que você quer é uma namoradinha mas só recebe trabalho.
Feb 21, 2023 8:32 AM

Aug 2022
TheMangaManiac said:
Say whatever you want about CSM Part 1 but it was punk-rock fun. If you dislike guy full of chainsaws riding a fucking shark and killing a Tornado Baby, you're allergic to fun.

This? Part 2 is literally "I am 14 and this is deep". I've thought I was being stoopid and critiquing the story way too harsh, but then Asa said "maybe I just kill myself" and there was no denying that I am now reading a story about emo teenager who listens My Chemical Romance.

Oh, and of course this very thread will be FULL of people praising Fujimoto as their God and Savior (as usual) while you could get more character development and better dialogues in slice of life manga. Every other chapter feels like I am reading a filler. I like Fujimoto as much as other people, but Part 2 is garbage.

I can relate to people being lonely, but you can't just write trash like this in 2023.

-Oh people suck
-I agree
-Who needs them anyway?
-Well, I kinda do
-Why?
-Even if they suck?

Evangelion done it all more than 20 years ago, with gore, action and real depression to back it up. Hundreds of other stories done that. 
Feels like Asa as character specifically created to appeal to 14 yo girls, sorry, but I am not a girl, also I am twice her age.

I think I am going to take another break from CSM and come back when something really worth discussing happens- or will just drop it altogether. I need to follow my own advice "don't like it? DON'T READ IT" instead of waiting for some miracle to occur.

Ok edgy kid calm your tits it ain't that deep.
Feb 21, 2023 8:41 AM
Feb 2023
I really like that Yoshida an Asa didn't have anything, also im loving this Denji and Nayuta interactions, they feel like brother and sister that fight or argue but they care so much about the other, I think Fujimoto it's doing a great job with this arc (?). Asa and Denji are like a toxic couple but I love them, one it's craving for a girlfriend and the other one you just take to tell her that you love her or show her some love to her lhaving feelings for you, I hope they can fix that and end up together! Great chapter, and the end 10/10.

luketo_9kFeb 21, 2023 10:31 AM
Feb 21, 2023 8:46 AM

Aug 2019
Damn. I thought we'd learn a lot more about Yoshida with this chapter, but yet again I'm left wanting more - although I can see the reason why I feel this way being that I want what we find out about him to work as evidence against the villain allegations and all I keep getting is more and more proof that he's shady and not in a good way. It's probably a fool's errand to keep thinking that he'll be a positive part of Denji and Asa's lives. I need to accept that he's most likely up to no good.

At least I didn't buy it for a second that he was going to confess to Asa, but who even thinks that he has romantic feelings for her? It's interesting that he was so direct with Asa rather than communicate things in an roundabout way.
Feb 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
Dpsdps55 said:
hakaripod said:

I feel like it might be another Zombie devil or like just some devil that controls people's minds or something though it's kinda random ngl
I just thought she smelled the War Devil from Asa-Yoru
Feb 21, 2023 9:10 AM
Mar 2022
Yeah, whatever's happening with Asa definitely is pretty far away from her so I'd assume she's talking about Asa/Yoru. On the other hand though, someone in this forum (@70ve I think?) mentioned that it might be the doll devil or something (around where Asa's at)
Feb 21, 2023 9:22 AM
Mar 2022
TheMangaManiac said:

-Oh people suck
-I agree
-Who needs them anyway?
-Well, I kinda do
-Why?
-Even if they suck?

I see, so characters having realistic thoughts and ideals aren't 'valid' now? 

I'm not saying part 2 is 100% perfect nor am I trying to be a Fujimoto fanboy but... Don't you think you're judging things a little too harshly? Like, I think Asa's character makes sense with her whole backstory, and I also think that Eva was amazing. On the contrary, though, I guess if Asa's real name was revealed to be Xx_Dark-Poseidon_xX that would definitely make the story more interesting (based on what you're hinting at since you don't like MCR things but went a little in that direction instead. 

I do agree that part 2 has been pretty slow and that there could've been more development (though as I said we're kinda moving at a slow-ish pace), though we'll have to stick to the end to see if it really picks up or not. And if you don't want to stick to the end and drop it now, I 100% respect that because that's your decision and that's totally chill. 

Not really sure what I'm trying to say here but just one more thing I want to add: I think Part 1 generally contained a lot of Denji's theme/aesthetic which is why it had all that craziness and all that, but right now the main character is Asa (Although Denji might be a diff main character, he's not 100% in the scope always right now), which is why...- Yeah I kinda see what you're talking about now.

Well, yeah I guess her goal right now is a little unclear but I'm excited to see what happens in the future once everything comes into place. I'd like to believe that the scene/setting and etc for Part 2 is still being laid out as there are many questions left unanswered and we still are gaining returning characters (Eg. Nayuta in the story now, who is the mystery chainsawman, etc etc) so hopefully it'll start to pick up once more as things are laid out. I did feel like the first chapter had that old vibe with War Devil's ability, but right now Asa doesn't have the same circumstances in CSM 1 which is why things are going slow right now, I'd believe. 

This kinda made me reflect a bit on part 2 so thanks for that lol. I'm excited to see what comes in the future, hope I'll be here for the ending.
Feb 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Jan 2016
luketo_9k said:
I really like that Yoshida an Asa didn't have anything, also im loving this Denji and Nayuta interactions, they feel like brother and sister that fight or argue but they care so much about the other, I think Fujimoto it's doing a great job with this arc (?). Asa and Denji are like a toxic couple but I love them, one it's craving for a girlfriend and the other one you just take to tell her that you love her or show her some love to her lhaving feelings for you, I hope they can fix that and end up together! Great chapter, and the end 10/10.
I think that image url is broken.
Feb 21, 2023 10:30 AM
Feb 2023
yes but i think i cant change it :/
Feb 21, 2023 10:30 AM
Jun 2021
I love Asa and how i can relate to her a lot.
Feb 21, 2023 11:53 AM

Aug 2020
4/5

Felt like a setup chapter but man, the way he's able to conjure up these cliffhangers every single chapter, derailing our minds into needless theory-crafting is just absolutely insane to me. I know we're all gonna get fucked in the ass anyways but I can't help myself from constant speculations

I like how Asa is very perceptive of her surroundings and is atleast wary of Yoshida but again, gives up her train of thought rather quickly when presented with even a slight affection or notice. Poor girl, I feel bad for her. Aside from Yuko, she really never had friends and Yoshida's definitely not helping with his subtle warning to stay away from Denji. Man just refused to elaborate and left. Yoshida & Denji shippers are probably going crazy right now xD. I did love the commentary of parasocial relationships that pretty much directly addresses our current social media climate. Fujimoto has knack for integrating real world topics into his story and I respect him for that. It's not always shits & giggles ya'know
Nayuta smacking Denji around was hilarious. She's such a brat, a quite large contrast to Makima's unnerving, enigmatic demeanor. Denji can't catch a break. This guy deserves a girlfriend at the very least but is getting cock-blocked infinitely. The last moments of this chapter was Fujimoto at his best. The slow casual instance that suddenly turns into something really ambiguous & rather quite scary, if im being honest. Yoru seems to be very aware and takes control immediately as it could be the devil that Nayuta was foreshadowing earlier. I personally don't think it's Death but it would make sense with the death body and all but it could also be Fami or an entirely new, very strong devil we haven't encountered before or some strong devil from part 1...WHO THE FUCK KNOWS??!!

Fujimoto is cooking something really hype here , could go any direction but I feel like this is the turning point of part 2 especially since we got all our main cast members introduced now. See ya'll in two weeks time!!
2Birds1StonedFeb 21, 2023 4:29 PM
Feb 21, 2023 12:20 PM

Feb 2022
Interesting chapter, Asa little by little realizes his flaws in his personality

Yoshida is my father, how is he going to fool Asa like that and then tell him something like that about Denji

I wonder what things will be happening in the final panel of this chapter
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 21, 2023 12:45 PM
Feb 2022
Siento que Yoru ya le ha agarrado cariño a Asa después de estar tanto tiempo como huésped en su cuerpo.
Feb 21, 2023 12:54 PM

Aug 2022
Yoshida is hot ❤
...And Denji is so dumb as usual 🤣
I really felt sorry for Asa though, loneliness is a bitch.
And ofc the chapter ended with another cliff-hanger. And how I have to wait another 2 weeks to know if that's a set up for Asa or what 😭
Feb 21, 2023 1:10 PM
Jan 2023
ASA TAKE THE L ALREADY.... Like seriously poor girl. She has no Rizz. Completely rizzless. Not even Yoshida messes with her. AND OH BOI LETS MOVE ON TO THAT... Yoshida made me more and more untrusting of him this chapter then prior chapters but no questions were answered at all... I think we are getting close to another major story beat moving forward. Mark my words. As for the ending... I think that the Doll devil could be back maybe? That would almost make sense if you were like trying to establish similarities between Asa and Denji's journeys. They both fought a devil who targeted them and killed them first (Zombie and Justice), they both fought the bat devil, they both had to deal with a Human devil hybrid who wanted revenge for an earlier event (Katana man and Zombie for Denji/ Justice for Asa) , they both had to face eternity... So the next step would be facing the Doll devil and then some Insanely powered devil IE: The darkness devil. I don't know if these parallels will continue but it's interesting to see them as is. And if it keeps following this pattern, we can assume that next arc following this one will be the "Stuff goes really bad" Arc. I'm warning everyone now
Feb 21, 2023 1:25 PM
Aug 2022
Asa Mitaka is peak fiction
Feb 21, 2023 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
omega_blue said:

I mean this type of thoughts are typical for chronically lonely people, not just femceles.

I can't imagine how many times I was thinking the same way, that it would be better for everyone else if I just died etc.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 21, 2023 2:39 PM

Oct 2007
Extremely short again.

I expect this is the death's entrance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2023 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
I dont think part 2 is ever gonna reach the level of soul crushingly depressing as part 1 did, but damn is it really successful when it wants me to feel bad for Asa. love the last shot of the people on the balcony, its creepy as fuck.

TheMangaManiacSay whatever you want about CSM Part 1 but it was punk-rock fun. If you dislike guy full of chainsaws riding a fucking shark and killing a Tornado Baby, you're allergic to fun.
I dont know if I ever really found part 1 fun let alone punk rock, I feel like everyone gravitated towards it cause of the tragedy than any action set pieces. Theres a reason people only talk about Reze and never her fight with that tornado. Even the anime recently kind of showcased what people actually liked, alot of people didnt understand any of the hype until the gunshots/himeno's death, whenever this series delved into action it was usually at its worst and thankfully rarely ever focused on it.
JizzyHitlerFeb 21, 2023 2:58 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 21, 2023 3:06 PM

Aug 2021
looks like shits about to go down
Feb 21, 2023 4:05 PM

Mar 2015
tym0n said:
omega_blue said:
At this point I wonder if Fujimoto isn't a femcel himself.
no, he say that woman who act cold towards him arouse him.

TheMangaManiac said:

-Oh people suck
-I agree
-Who needs them anyway?
-Well, I kinda do
-Why?
-Even if they suck?

for someone who criticize "this is deep" shit, you went overanalyze and assuming yourself, lmao. dude, it's just girl breaking down after felt rejected.

also no, CSM always has been live by character shock factor and contradiction tonal shift. the action is actually kinda meh outside some epic spread page of thing went dismembered.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 21, 2023 4:17 PM

Apr 2016
Asa is just one of the most relatable manga characters ever, she is.... literally me.
Then at the end, suicide or something else? Interesting and eerie final page
Feb 21, 2023 5:11 PM

Apr 2020
Is Death finally here? I hope so.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 21, 2023 5:18 PM
Feb 2023
I'm digging where the character development is going, Denji trying to figure out his own purpose in life beyond being Chainsaw Man while Asa's arch is about dealing with anti-social behavior while being drawn towards a potential confrontation with Denji. Asa's character is a lot of fun to read since in many ways she's the complete opposite of Denji in how she overthinks a lot and is unconfident of herself. Excited to see what awaits us in another two weeks.

Specifically for this chapter, what really stuck out to me was the dynamic between Neo Makima (I forgot if she had an actual name) and Denji, and how it shows literally that Denji is still a slave to Makima from beyond the grave. The man has things he wants to do, particularly in creating intimate connections with other girls. Makima's reincarnation along with the organization she basically founded (through Hirofumi's meddling with Asa) are still getting in his way of forming relationships with other women, even if the current actors themselves have no intention of carrying on Makima's goals from when she was alive.

My prediction for the future chapter is that Denji is probably going to rescue Asa from whatever devil is on the last panel, and there's going to be a growing dissatisfaction that Denji feels towards being unable to be around Asa as he runs into her over and over again thanks to Asa being a big target with the War devil inside of her.
Feb 21, 2023 6:01 PM

Feb 2018
Asa's day just isn't going to get any better...
Feb 21, 2023 8:33 PM

Dec 2022
This feckin Yoshida rlly did not just do that quite long hopeful talk only to show in the end that he just wants Asa to stay away from Denji like talk abt giving her a big false hope plss lmaoo.

In the other hand Nayuta being Nayuta and Asa exposing her autism even more and now wth was that last creepy panel after that random guy just fell from upper building i assume.
Rlly giving me of the creepy mangas by Junji Itou vibes.

Feb 21, 2023 9:03 PM

Dec 2022
ryoko6 said:

so, suicide or mindctrl devil incoming?

Could be! Considering that Asa was in her lowest mental state, it would be awesome if it's a suicide devil O.o

And btw like other people were wondering if Nayuta was smelling the scent of Yoru, that is very unlikely. I think Nayuta sensed the new devil coming forth.
Feb 21, 2023 11:44 PM

Feb 2012
I was expecting that Asa was gonna misunderstand and think that Yoshida is into Denji from telling her to stay away from him rofl.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 163 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 23

47 by Tamer2002 »»
Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 162 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

43 by FutureHendrix »»
Apr 22, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Oct 25, 2019

52 by Hasanzade_S »»
Apr 21, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2020

34 by Elijah0121 »»
Apr 20, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Dec 20, 2019

74 by Virtecek »»
Apr 18, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.