Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2023 4:25 AM

Jul 2022
I'm curious about what jobs anime fans have or what they study.
My candies:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 11, 2023 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
Security guard, and I'm a graphic designer, though I only do commission work and am still building my portfolio.
I'm also taking the fire fighter test which is going to take a while to complete.
Feb 11, 2023 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
my work history is around 2004-2012 all are dead end jobs mostly factory worker position, EDP staff, data encoder, QA on a shipyard thats about it i never been a regular employee too since my performance is poor all the time and later got diagnose with schizophrenia now that made me a NEET and a parasite to my family
Feb 11, 2023 5:11 AM

Dec 2013
I'm physically disabled, chronic pain at sacrum coccyx (cannot sit at all, not sitting also painful).
I am still part time teaching university online once a week for design computing in architecture course.
I recently stop teaching classical piano due to worsening chronic pain and depression.
I am an extreme burden to my family

Feb 11, 2023 5:36 AM

Feb 2020
NEET Currently, although it's highly likely that I'm gonna be a landlord soon.
Feb 11, 2023 6:02 AM

Jun 2015
I draw art and comics for a living. You know, commissions.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Feb 11, 2023 6:12 AM

Feb 2015
Been working as an assistant administration officer and mainly studying office management/office systems. 
Feb 11, 2023 6:17 AM

Mar 2012
Full stack developer at a startup for now
Feb 11, 2023 6:20 AM

May 2014
Quality assurance for a semiconductor company
Feb 11, 2023 6:24 AM
Feb 2023
Im studying economics and working part-time in an local manga-store
Feb 11, 2023 6:28 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'm a truck driver. I enjoy watching those small cars from above. Good pay too so I can buy more manga or light novels.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 11, 2023 6:55 AM
Dec 2022
Freelancer in the music industry, plus commercial translations as wel as proofreading English documents for some Chinese non-profit organizations. As for music stuff, I edit music with a couple of software along with composing horror music. A one handful of my horror music is already moderately popular in a couple of Instagram clips.

Although I'm thinking of changing my job soon. My goal is to completely relocate to China.
Feb 11, 2023 7:18 AM

Oct 2012
A couple weeks ago I started working in a historical archive. I'm enjoying it so far and it's only 5 hours a day. I hope I can stick with it longer than my past jobs. 
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Feb 11, 2023 7:23 AM

Aug 2018
currently a transport operator for the military

aka a driver
Feb 11, 2023 7:52 AM

Feb 2021
Part-time worker at a restaurant. 

I'm still a student after all
Feb 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Dec 2015
In Process of Studying:
Graduated as History Bachelor's
Now in process of Master Degree of Archaeology.

What job will I have, no idea.
Feb 11, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2014
I'm a stockbroker.

The stocks derive from bankruptcy field, seized containers, uncollected orders, warehouse queues, past collections, out of catalog etc. 
My job is to find clients on behalf of companies that mainly hold unsold goods or new goods that have yet to be launched on the market.

Feb 11, 2023 9:55 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I am a financial analyst, most of what I do is really just data cleaning and ETL, I also help the general accounting team out with their closes.
Feb 11, 2023 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
Gardener and starting farmer. I get money also from elsewhere.
Feb 11, 2023 11:29 AM

May 2013
I wash cars.

It ain't much but its honest work and make more than you would think. Mostly because hazard pay. Chemicals and cars are dangerous.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Feb 11, 2023 11:38 AM

Feb 2022
_Nette_ said:
I wash cars.

It ain't much but its honest work and make more than you would think.  Mostly because hazard pay.  Chemicals and cars are dangerous.
Remind me to look into hazardous work. Sounds fun ngl.
Feb 11, 2023 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
I worked with kids before and I like them, but more than two or three at a time are too much lol.
So I make the orga and some of the accounting, still part time to 30 hours. I had / have a reeducational training for it, it's fine and sometimes I can do home office. Nice work environment too.
I mean, I also study, but I have to live too.
removed-userMay 2, 2023 9:27 AM
Feb 11, 2023 4:22 PM

Dec 2013
Zettaiken said:
In Process of Studying:
Graduated as History Bachelor's
Now in process of Master Degree of Archaeology.

What job will I have, no idea.

All I can think of about your path of life / career is to become Indiana Jones

Feb 11, 2023 8:58 PM

Oct 2016
Before I got sick I worked as a private airline caterer. Now I'm getting back into being a notary/loan signing agent and working on starting a small anime business. Might get back into cosplay and OF again too.
Feb 11, 2023 9:42 PM

Jul 2022
Working on a PhD with hopes of becoming a college professor.

Currently in the second year of a four to five year program, so still a ways to go.
Feb 12, 2023 1:37 AM

May 2018
Librarian. Been doing it since autumn 2019 and like getting a work degree on it done atm. Tryna get a steady job at a new library that's opening later this year since I'll have my degree then and can just start there with people I already know. Some of the people there are ones I've worked with when I was doing part-time work at one library near the new one.

Best part is I have a vast selection of manga available from work since we got a great library system here.
Feb 12, 2023 4:24 AM

Aug 2007
I will be working as a Business Intelligence Analyst for a multinational tech company starting next month. I still cannot believe that I landed the job, not to mention the monumental 50% salary bump. In this role, I will be exposed to stakeholder collaborations, more data-driven insights, streamlining and owning data visualization, etc. My only issue is the schedule (permanent night shift), but at this point there is no going back as I have signed the offer already. I will have to learn to pay attention to my nutrition and whatnot, take more supplements, and rest adequately during weekends in order to perform well and maintain mood stability.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Feb 12, 2023 5:36 AM

Oct 2021
I do the heavily taxing job of changing oxygen from the air into carbon Dioxide and being a university student.
Feb 12, 2023 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
I've been a dosimetry technician for the past 2 weeks, which basically means doing the mundane in-between work for cancer radiologists (contouring organs on MRI scans etc). I feel like Homer Simpson working at the power plant lol. 
Take care of yourself

Feb 12, 2023 12:56 PM

Feb 2019
I'm a full time medical student who barley has time to watch anime or have any hobbies really. I usually watch anime as way to decompress from this stress-inducing career. 
-Kugeki-Mar 4, 2023 1:30 PM
Feb 12, 2023 7:41 PM
Jan 2023
currently, a barista but i want to go back into school. for what though? idk  
Feb 12, 2023 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
college student and aspiring software enginner
Feb 13, 2023 3:07 AM
Jul 2021
I am a partner in a law firm, I just love it beyond words! The obscene pay check, the super low working hours, there a days that I go in at 2:00pm read some stuff, sign some papers and I'm out of there between 45 minutes to two and half hours or so, other times I'll bring with me the twins and do even less "work" lolz.

I also love the perks, the insane perks/gifts we receive from clients after winning a case, sh!t can get insane! Last time I "won" a case (I wasn't even even part of the team, I only made two brief appearances in court, gave my opinion, twice during the hearing, told our team the course that was needed to be taken) and for about 2 hours? Of "work" the client gave me a Bulova watch. 

Breaking the 500€ limit we have set on place for such gifts. Like the dude said to me, Dawizz, just don't say anything wink, wink. I know this guy for more than 10 years now and he always brings us very good business. Is that good? Or bad? I dunno, I don't care, more money for us, and at the end of the year a bigger bonus for me, that's what I care about.

I also enjoy the friends I've made along the way, both inside the law circles and outside of it.

The only thing I hate is the fact that I rarely go to court and sit on the bench unless it's asked by a very important client & a power move/intimidation tactic on our part. I can't express how much that tactic is effective, towards guiding our team/client towards our optimal goal.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Feb 13, 2023 10:32 AM

Aug 2022
Monotonous said:
I will be working as a Business Intelligence Analyst for a multinational tech company starting next month. I still cannot believe that I landed the job, not to mention the monumental 50% salary bump. In this role, I will be exposed to stakeholder collaborations, more data-driven insights, streamlining and owning data visualization, etc. My only issue is the schedule (permanent night shift), but at this point there is no going back as I have signed the offer already. I will have to learn to pay attention to my nutrition and whatnot, take more supplements, and rest adequately during weekends in order to perform well and maintain mood stability.
Ooooh, sounds very interesting! But why would you have to work night shifts in a job like this?

Feb 13, 2023 1:20 PM

Jul 2021
Pretty wide range of jobs here.

I'm a safety consultant for an insurance company. I do field visits to job sites & companies and write reports. It's kind of like a cross between "How It's Made" and writing Yelp reviews. Not hard stuff at all. Pay is average but good enough for me for now.
Feb 13, 2023 4:22 PM

Aug 2007
playgamewithme14 said:
Monotonous said:
Ooooh, sounds very interesting! But why would you have to work night shifts in a job like this?
I live in a timezone (Philippines) opposite to the company and manager's operating hours (US).
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Feb 13, 2023 4:23 PM

Nov 2009
every day i put on a goat costume and eat grass in an area where i live... its quite chill
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
Feb 13, 2023 4:24 PM

Aug 2022
Monotonous said:
I live in a timezone (Philippines) opposite to the company and manager's operating hours (US).
Ah I thought it must have been something like that. It must have been pretty difficult finding a job, and then actually landing it, all while being in a different country and a different timezone.

Good luck with the job. ^.^

May 2, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Well currently, I'm studying (have some degree of major/majoring) in philology or to ease with all difiicult terms, I'm studying classic (general) literature and lingustics in some languages. Sometimes when I'm in good mood and when I can, I do some lessons with mostly high grades of primary school aged kids where I live. 
May 2, 2023 12:43 PM

Sep 2021
Software Engineering lecturer at a university, in between courses I do research on self-adaptive systems
May 2, 2023 4:01 PM

Jan 2021
I'm a pizza delivery guy :p ( only on weekends though since i still go to school.) The schedule gets in the way of making plans with friends 90% of the time, and that's really starting to drain on me, but the tips are pretty good and I get to sleep in most days, but overall it's pretty nice.
May 2, 2023 5:32 PM

Jan 2023
Planning to major into engineering, more specifically Naval or Aerospace engineering. Also have a backup of Photography and the Air Force.

"You win this round. You doggies."
May 2, 2023 5:55 PM

Nov 2020
A cook at a ramen restaurant.
It pays alright for someone my age annd especially when I had zero experience beforehand.
I do plan on going back to school this year for PreHealth/Sciences so I’ll be back to part time work.
The schedule is ok most of the time. It leaves me time to play game with friends and have 2-3 times to hang out with them.
The only problem I don’t really like abt it is that since the hrs are shorter it mean I have to work more days and since we’re understaff it does get abit tiring
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
May 2, 2023 6:07 PM

Nov 2017
I run small farmstead, blacksmith workshop and jewelry studio etc.

For example last week I had to do repair works for this kind of road grader. https://stronga.com/en/products/roadgrada/

One of the tilted grading beams was twisted/broken, so I made new 3 meter long beam for it and also attach new blade for the edge.
May 2, 2023 6:27 PM

Apr 2020
currently working on computer science degree. cut grass for the city during summer semesters (doing so rn)
May 4, 2023 10:55 AM

Mar 2022
I currently babysit a very entertaining 2-year-old two days a week while I finish my online associate's degree. I worked at a concession stand at a Little League for four years, but they kick you out when you graduate high school, so I haven't worked there in a year. I'm working on getting a degree in historic preservation (I really want to work at a National Park.)

I like my current job. Pays enough for me to have plenty of money for gas and manga, and the kid's pretty well-behaved and says some funny things. We get along well.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
May 4, 2023 11:06 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I am working as a Process Technician Thermoplastics & Elastomer. I am primarily working with a twin-screw extruder and Brabender Mixer. Mixing thermoplastic compounds and rubber recipes.
One of our products is material for the tire treads.
May 6, 2023 5:29 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I frequently star alongside Julia Anne, Kendra list, isis love, Phoenix Marie, Ryan keeley, Mona Wales on naughty America, kink and brazzers...

May 6, 2023 8:11 AM

Oct 2012
Currently none, went back to school last year but haven't been able to get a job in my new field for now.
May 6, 2023 2:16 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
LightWorker said:
NEET Currently, although it's highly likely that I'm gonna be a landlord soon.

Welcome to my side of the world.. That's the way

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

28 by _Nette_ »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
38 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 11 hours ago

16 by traed »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.