Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2023 3:02 AM
May 2021
Cloverworks had a really crazy year tbh. Started off with My Dress-Up Darling, co producing Spy Family in Spring and Fall, and ending it off with this gem. It’s hard to argue that they aren’t the best studio of last year or at least in the running for best studio. Gotta wonder how they’re feeling after the year they’ve had. 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 3, 2023 3:26 AM
Sep 2022
LeoDrago said:
Cloverworks had a really crazy year tbh. Started off with My Dress-Up Darling, co producing Spy Family in Spring and Fall, and ending it off with this gem. It’s hard to argue that they aren’t the best studio of last year or at least in the running for best studio. Gotta wonder how they’re feeling after the year they’ve had. 

Fully agree. I haven’t watched Spy x Family but it’s on my list. Bocchi the Rock and My Dress up Darling are in my top 5. Cloverworks smashed it this year. The animators are talented as hell and deserve a lot of praise
Jan 3, 2023 3:39 AM

Mar 2021
five minutes of bleach tybw episode 7 blows the production budget of all the shows you just listed out of the water
Jan 3, 2023 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
They definitely made several amazing foot fetish anime this year.

Jan 3, 2023 4:07 AM
May 2022
LeoDrago said:

From
- Akabi's Sailor Uniform
- My Dress-Up Darling
- SPYxFAMILY
- Shadows House SS2
- Bocchi the Rock!

Totally Agree
Jan 3, 2023 4:48 AM

Oct 2019
Easily without a doubt.
Jan 3, 2023 5:10 AM
Aug 2020
Definitely, they did:
- Bocchi the Rock
- Sono Bisque
- Kunoichi Tsubaki
- Shadows House 2
- Spy X Family
- Akebi
- Tokyo 24

All of them with an stellar animation, less the last which I think is not bad but compared with the others is clearly inferior
Jan 3, 2023 5:49 AM
Apr 2022
100% the best studio this year.
Jan 3, 2023 7:22 AM
Sep 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
zemeck said:
five minutes of bleach tybw episode 7 blows the production budget of all the shows you just listed out of the water

you do know high production budget doesn't= good animation right?

Have you watched Bleach TYBW? I bet it has the best animation this year. Mob is just behind.
Jan 3, 2023 7:43 AM
Mar 2016
zemeck said:

Look mom I found the casual
Jan 3, 2023 7:43 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
XNohaco2468 said:
Definitely, they did:
- Bocchi the Rock
- Sono Bisque
- Kunoichi Tsubaki
- Shadows House 2
- Spy X Family
- Akebi
- Tokyo 24

All of them with an stellar animation, less the last which I think is not bad but compared with the others is clearly inferior

the typical "let's ignore Wonder egg priority" response when praising CloverWorks. Despite it's botched ending, I think it is one of the studio's, if not the, best work in terms of the visuals.

Despite being an original anime, it has superb color palette, background designs, shoot compositions, character designs, and crisp animation. The overall aesthetic is pleasing to the eyes while also constructs a world that excites and allures the audience. Just reminds me of Ghibli's or Comix Wave's visual styles.

Jan 3, 2023 7:47 AM

Jan 2015
Tbh, yes. Honestly I’ve enjoyed every single show they put out so far, even WEP. But This year they really went off. Akebi and Bocchi are one of the most memorable SOL I’ve ever watched.
Jan 3, 2023 8:01 AM
Aug 2020
Ri-KoRin said:
XNohaco2468 said:
Definitely, they did:
- Bocchi the Rock
- Sono Bisque
- Kunoichi Tsubaki
- Shadows House 2
- Spy X Family
- Akebi
- Tokyo 24

the typical "let's ignore Wonder egg priority" response when praising CloverWorks. Despite it's botched ending, I think it is one of the studio's, if not the, best work in terms of the visuals.

Despite being an original anime, it has superb color palette, background designs, shoot compositions, character designs, and crisp animation. The overall aesthetic is pleasing to the eyes while also constructs a world that excites and allures the audience. Just reminds me of Ghibli's or Comix Wave's visual styles.

bro.... If you're talking about WEP, it came out on 2021 and we are talking about 2022...
Jan 3, 2023 8:01 AM

May 2021
Ri-KoRin said:
XNohaco2468 said:
Definitely, they did:
- Bocchi the Rock
- Sono Bisque
- Kunoichi Tsubaki
- Shadows House 2
- Spy X Family
- Akebi
- Tokyo 24

I'm pretty sure the conversation is about the anime Cloverwork made in 2022 and I distinctly remember Wonder Egg Priority being released in 2021.

Jan 3, 2023 8:14 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
XNohaco2468 said:
Ri-KoRin said:

bro.... If you're talking about WEP, it came out on 2021 and we are talking about 2022...

Well, I apologize, I totally missed that point

Jan 3, 2023 8:54 AM

Feb 2019
Clover works put out a lot of good stuff this year for sure. Would have to agree
Jan 3, 2023 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
Piromysl said:
They definitely made several amazing foot fetish anime this year.

easy w...spitting facts...
Jan 3, 2023 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Cestlavie_ said:
zemeck said:

you are saying bleach has bad animation...😐
Jan 3, 2023 8:57 AM
Apr 2022
govindg said:
Cestlavie_ said:

Have you watched Bleach TYBW? I bet it has the best animation this year. Mob is just behind.

Let me join. I haven't watch bleach, and I only watch road to naruto that same studio with bleach(that what I found in mal). maybe bleach is the best animation this year, but I think the topic here is about the best studio. cloverworks may not the best, but with all the anime they list this year, I agree that cloverworks is one of the best
Jan 3, 2023 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Cestlavie_ said:
Ary125tues said:

you are saying bleach has bad animation...😐

Where in that one sentence I typed did you see that? I'm honestly confused.

I am sorry my bad...wrong Interpretation....have a nice day
Jan 3, 2023 9:21 AM

Jun 2017
The studio of the year for me P.A. Works. They made Paripi Koumei and Akiba Maid War which are amongst my favorites in 2022.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 3, 2023 9:21 AM

Oct 2018
I agree, Cloverworks delivered lots of good shows in terms of production.
-

Bleach has the best animation in 2022 hahahahahaha.
Holy Jesus, what an above-average animation can do.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 3, 2023 9:24 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, you are absolutely right, buddy.
Jan 3, 2023 9:34 AM

Oct 2014
Cloverworks had a lot to prove after TPN and they delivered (dropped SxF tho cuz it was boring)
It's Morbin' Time!
Jan 3, 2023 9:37 AM

Mar 2021
Tokyo 24th Ward would like a word with you. The animators there are still overworked
Jan 3, 2023 9:45 AM

Jul 2021
yup. all it's shows were one of the best i've seen last year. except well tokyo 24th ward. but even that wasn't too bad just average.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 3, 2023 9:45 AM

Jul 2021
yup. all it's shows were one of the best i've seen last year. except well tokyo 24th ward. but even that wasn't too bad just average.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 3, 2023 10:02 AM

Sep 2021
for this year, yeah I'd say so, they came back pretty hard
Jan 3, 2023 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm. Most likely. Especially because of Akebi-chan, Kunoichi Tsubaki and Bocchi.
DreadfulControl said:
The studio of the year for me P.A. Works. They made Paripi Koumei and Akiba Maid War which are amongst my favorites in 2022.

I absolutely love P.A. Works and these series are easily one of the worst series released by them for me.
rsc-plJan 3, 2023 10:14 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 3, 2023 10:11 AM

Dec 2018
Well at least CW is great at CGDCT. Strong Yuri vibes and no talking about boys

Akebi chan was very enjoyable IMO. CloverWorks are so good at Yuri when they make shows like that. All my little angels are lesbians and the love was in the air,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES 

The other show they make Is not for me =P But if they will continue to make CGDCT I will be watching =)

Jan 3, 2023 10:31 AM

Jun 2017
rsc-pl said:
I absolutely love P.A. Works and these series are easily one of the worst series released by them for me.
Not surprised seeing my affinity with you is pretty low.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 3, 2023 10:32 AM

Mar 2021
zemeck said:
IKR, lets compare the anime of one of the most successful mangas that too an action one with the animes of SoL mangas that got adapted for the first time.

Jan 3, 2023 10:38 AM
Feb 2018
It a toss up for me akebi sailor uniform or my dress up darling but a beautiful and have enjoyable stories
Jan 3, 2023 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
They are are my favorite studio, in fact they have always been my favorite studio. 
Jan 3, 2023 10:44 AM

Sep 2020
Yeah, I think it is, it made a lot of great anime in 2022.
Jan 3, 2023 11:23 PM
May 2021
XNohaco2468 said:
Definitely, they did:
- Bocchi the Rock
- Sono Bisque
- Kunoichi Tsubaki
- Shadows House 2
- Spy X Family
- Akebi
- Tokyo 24

Totally forgot about Akebi. That had some surprisingly great animation
Jan 4, 2023 1:35 AM
Mar 2022
Bro that’s what I’ve BEEN saying all year, since I laid eyes on sono bisque and Akebis I was like “Oh yeah” they just KEPT IT GOING!
Jan 4, 2023 2:11 AM
作画

Nov 2019
I really don't care about the name of the studio behind a project anymore unless it's Kyoto Animation, staff is what really counts.
But yeah, if we're going to judge by the name "CloverWorks", they're bringing us some well done projects lately
Jan 4, 2023 3:09 AM

Oct 2013
Yes, if I were to pick one studio that did exceptionally good throughout the previous year (2022), I'd definitely pick CloverWorks. Solid adaptations, smooth animation, beautiful color palette used in pretty much every show from 2022 I can think of when thinking about animes made by CloverWorks.

Ri-KoRin said:

I believe Wonder Egg Priority was omitted, because we are talking about 2022's animes, and WEG was released in 2021.
Jan 4, 2023 3:27 AM

Oct 2019
If bochi the rock is as good as people say it is...

yeah clover works was easily the star of this year
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jan 4, 2023 3:36 AM
Mar 2021
I'll say either Pierot or SunRise are best studio of 2022.
Jan 4, 2023 6:52 AM
Aug 2021
I wonder what’s happening with Kyoani :(
Jan 4, 2023 7:04 AM

Mar 2021
Mappa better cuz they created chainsaw man
End of story

govindg said:
Cestlavie_ said:

Blind ass mf
Mob psycho had way better animation than bleach
Jan 4, 2023 7:56 AM
Sep 2021
Za_Panda said:
Mappa better cuz they created chainsaw man
End of story

govindg said:

Blind ass mf
Mob psycho had way better animation than bleach

I don't think so. both are my favourites but the one with Head Captain was super awesome. Mob psycho was great too. Bleach fight scene was much more pleasing imo.
Jan 4, 2023 7:57 AM
Sep 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
govindg said:

Yes I have, sure episode 7 had great animation
but overall I won't call it the best consistent animated work to come out in 2022, there is more to Animation than great fights but for comparison the battle Shonen that came out in 2022, Demon slayer, AOT, Chainsaw man, the second cour of Ousama ranking and Mob all have better consistent animation imo.

agree. it isn't consistent but the fight scene was very good and I think the best animated sequence this (last) year.
Jan 4, 2023 8:00 AM
Sep 2021
2dbest said:
govindg said:

Let me join. I haven't watch bleach, and I only watch road to naruto that same studio with bleach(that what I found in mal). maybe bleach is the best animation this year, but I think the topic here is about the best studio. cloverworks may not the best, but with all the anime they list this year, I agree that cloverworks is one of the best

Agree. just wanted to put bleach into the discussion
Jan 4, 2023 11:22 AM
Oct 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
zemeck said:

BLACK CLOVER is the proof of that lol💀💀
Jan 4, 2023 1:20 PM
Jan 2021
Yeah, they worked their butts off enough for us to forgive them for The Promised Neverland Season 2. Almost all of my top picks for each season in 2022 were CloverWorks shows (Darling, Spy, and Bocchi).
Jan 4, 2023 5:39 PM

Feb 2021
I agree. The studio has produced shows I really like. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jan 4, 2023 6:58 PM

Jan 2021
None of those are well animated enough to even start considering Cloverworks as the best studio lol. Sono Bisque Doll was dull most of the time specially when getting to the last quarter of episodes, in Spy x Famiy every WIT episode looked far better than Cloverworks ones. So, no, Cloverworks isn't the best studio of this year nor of any year.
Ionliosite2Jan 4, 2023 7:01 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
2 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
27 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 3 hours ago

24 by EverRealm »»
7 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

58 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 39 minutes ago

3 by KittenCuddler »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.