Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2022 6:08 AM

Jul 2017
Streamed on ABEMA as a pre-air exclusive.
https://onimai.jp/news/20221215_01.html
https://twitter.com/onimai_anime/status/1606643670190821377

I honestly still find it surprising that the Mushoku Tensei-exclusive Studio Bind will produce an anime such as this, albeit with a different staff team of course.

Mahiro Oyama got the short end of the stick being transformed from an erotic-loving game dude of a brother into a loli girl by his younger sister Mihari, and set as her experimental Guinea pig, this is weird enough lols. It feels as if like I'm watching a show that's just as well-produced as said series, but with the subtle feeling of feeling like a pedo.

But it also has heart...? It doesn't help that this show can be overtly sexual at times, and because its original author Nekotofu has that mindset.

At least the OST is kinda nice.

Kinda of an impressive start? I'm hooked, for reals.
Dec 24, 2022 6:37 AM

Feb 2019
Thank you Studio Bind for taking this manga and adapting it beautifully. Animation is very good, opening and ending are bangers, and seiyuu’s do their job perfectly.
mlem

Also read Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (Bless Botan)
Dec 24, 2022 10:44 AM
Apr 2017
It looks like the animators enjoyed working on this.
Dec 24, 2022 2:28 PM

Feb 2020
Not really a big fan of Magical Sex Shift anime, but oh well. Maybe I'll give this a chance.

It was an okay start. I like the OP and main characters.

"You are so cute!" Hilarious scene.

And also that mirror scene. x3

Aww, that hug. <3

SerafosDec 27, 2022 7:11 AM
Dec 24, 2022 4:03 PM

Apr 2018
Serafos said:
Not really a big fan of Magical Sex Shift anime, but oh well. Maybe I'll give this a chance.
I think even the tag for this show is wrong because Mahiro was not transformed by magic.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Dec 24, 2022 4:07 PM

Nov 2019
KANLen09 said:

Studio Bind will produce an anime such as this, albeit with a different staff team of course.

Atlas, my boy Studio Bind has gotten away from the reputation of being Mushoku Tensei's vessel. Now Onii-chan Is Done For

SgtBateManDec 29, 2022 4:01 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 24, 2022 6:32 PM

Sep 2013
So far it's a perfect adaptation going above and beyond. Very exciting stuff.
Dec 24, 2022 8:07 PM

Nov 2019
[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, Meiryo, \"Yu Gothic Medium\", sans-serif"]I'm hyped[/font]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2022 12:28 AM
Oct 2021
Can't believe it would be this good. As a manga reader I'm more than satisfied with this nice adaptation. Also ost is quite banger!
Dec 25, 2022 11:44 PM

Dec 2010
KANLen09 said:
and because its original author Nekotofu has that mindset
I've scrolled through several chapters and if anything anime feels way more fanservicey than the manga.
Dec 26, 2022 10:58 AM
Apr 2017
ShinoAlter said:
Thank you Studio Bind for taking this manga and adapting it beautifully. Animation is very good, opening and ending are bangers, and seiyuu’s do their job perfectly.
yess y'all need to read this manga
Dec 26, 2022 2:06 PM

Mar 2017
I have mixed feelings on this show so far. The animation and character designs are pretty great (as expected of Studio Bind) but the pacing feels a bit off and the older sister character is a bit sus, for a lack of a better word.
Dec 26, 2022 7:26 PM
Jan 2020
As expected from none other the Studio behind Mushoku Tensei, just look at the opening fucking god lmao
Dec 26, 2022 7:47 PM

Oct 2021
good God I wasn't ready for this , instantly fell in love with it 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2022 7:50 PM

Feb 2021
"This show is absolute trash and anyone who enjoys it is a worthless degenerate who should stay 10 miles away from any school zone.

See you all in two weeks." -JDS

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Dec 26, 2022 8:14 PM
Dec 2021
Mahiro might be the waifu of this season.

As a manga reader, I'm really seeing how well bind has animated this first episode. They captured the vibes of the manga perfectly
Dec 26, 2022 8:25 PM
Apr 2021
"I'm going through an identity crisis!"
Dec 26, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2022
Studio Bind did a great adaptation with the first ep. 

It was a bit more Ecchi than I was expecting (but I'm not complaining) 

OP was absolute fire and ED was pure fanservice (W)

Dec 26, 2022 9:50 PM

Jul 2015
Visuals are absolutely phenomenal. Sasuga, studio Bind.
But the premise is kinda off-putting.
His little sister literally drugged him without his consent, causes him severe Gender Dysphoria and now forces him to be a girl just because he is biologically one.
But that's still better than being a NEET shut in, I guess, so he doesn't protest too much.

Overall, it's very good so far, I guess.

Dec 26, 2022 11:01 PM

Jan 2020
LETS GO!!! This series not only got an adaptation but the animation is god tier ;( I am so excited!!! The expressions were 10/10, the op and ed are 10/10, and the visuals as a whole are 10/10.
Dec 26, 2022 11:39 PM
Oct 2018
Dude should have called her bluff on the orgasm thing. Even if it wasn't a bluff, the sister could probably fix it anyway, given her effectively magical science ability.
Dec 26, 2022 11:49 PM
Dec 2021
MIND BLOWING ANIMATIONS, I like the VAs
Dec 26, 2022 11:58 PM

Sep 2018
I'm loving it so far! When I first saw the character visual for Mahiro I was hesitant on the character designs, but after seeing them in motion I think they work great to bring the kind of basic art of the manga into anime form. I'm a sucker for those pastel colors. The show is also embracing its degenerate nature, it seems even more "dangerous" and loli-accepting than even I thought, and I did see Mushoku Tensei. I'm glad to get something that seems to not be holding back in this way in 2023.

The only very minor imperfection I can say - I think the pacing and delivery of the premise might have come off a little funky if I hadn't read the manga previously. It's really hard for me to tell with these kinds of things. A few cuts seem to be traced over 3d references, if so they've done a good job at making it fit in with the rest and not overusing the technique.

My favorite moment is probably when he tries on the new dress for the first time and the OST plays as he looks in the mirror!
Dec 27, 2022 12:19 AM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOO LOLICON ANIME. Nah but fr I need the author’s search history to be checked.. just for transparency lol. This was certainly an experience. Beautiful art, great animation and a really fun and silly story. I’m looking forward to getting more of this!
Dec 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Oct 2020
really enjoyed the first episode, man this is going to be a fun one.
Dec 27, 2022 4:25 AM

Mar 2008
That felt like a pretty good start. Enjoyed every minute of it even though the sis is kinda repugnant in how she forces things, it’s entertaining none the less.  
Dec 27, 2022 5:44 AM

Feb 2014
Well, that was a pretty great start, Mihari ended up more likeable than expected, considering the type of person she seems to be, experimenting of her brother without his permission and all that.
Dec 27, 2022 5:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy shit what the heck am i watching here? Cute loli once from the eroge-enjoyer shut-in bruh? Idk if Mahiro shall be grateful cause of what's happen there was he become his little sister guinea pig, or just straight up regret why he live on the first place. However, yeah, maybe after that thought of, maybe, about stop being oniichan, Mahiro shall be more rational about the change. So yeah, let's just become a cute loli afterward!

That being said, Studio Bind, this little experimentation adaptation might be just be a good change of pace over some packed sequel coming on winter. So why not just slide through this till the end, yeah?
badabassDec 27, 2022 5:58 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 27, 2022 5:55 AM
Feb 2017
The animation is fluid and they make Mahiro even more kawaii.
Dec 27, 2022 7:09 AM
Jul 2016
fucking cinematic masterpiece

why does this show look so goddamn good? the manga was mediocre tbh. never in a million years would I have expected it to get an anime adaptation. yet here we are.

talk about getting your egg cracked. Mihari forcibly smashed Mahiro's egg with a goddamn hammer lmao.

also wayyyyyy too much fanservice with middle school girls. is this how people felt with eromanga-sensei?

Dec 27, 2022 7:17 AM

Apr 2020
It’s very odd seeing the first actual adapted episode, since I’ve seen the original manga before the adaptation announcement, and never actually expected for it to get a proper anime.
Either way, this was a good introduction for the anime. The animation is top tier (thanks to the studio that did Mushoku Tensei) and it stayed true to the original source material of the manga. The opening theme was fine, but I really personally love the ending theme more! 
Since because the ending theme was

• Very catchy
  • Original in some ways
  • And the animation is eye catching to watch

So yeah, definitely a good start. It is kinda weird, but if we’re being honest, is that really surprising coming from a genderbend anime?

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Nina supporter for life๐Ÿ’•
Dec 27, 2022 7:22 AM
Jan 2017
Brightness and coloring is bad for my eyes,
i even cant make the diferent between character and background,,

i gonna give this anime a chance before i drop it
Dec 27, 2022 9:11 AM
Oct 2019
Mixed feelings, it is cutesy and the dude being a total egg is quite fun, on the other hand, it really feels like someone should go through the manga author's hidden folders.

I just hope they tone it down on the sexualization and focus on cutesy stuff and Mahiro getting used to being a girl.

Studio Bind also did Mushoku Tensei which also feels quite creepy in between the great world-building and power fantasy, but they saved it with gorgeous visuals and audio.

Hopefully, they are just trying to get into the spotlight with controversial adaptations.
Dec 27, 2022 9:42 AM
Aug 2021
ngl, this pretty good. i feel slight guilt and satisfaction and wholesomeness watching this. nice.
Dec 27, 2022 10:22 AM

Mar 2021
Just saw this anime appearing today. I read the summary and was very interested but also very concerned that it might be too perverted.
But it actually took a very heartwarming turn. Hopefully it stays like this, I'd gladly continue watching โค

Oh also I chuckled a bit at the producer's name, EggFirm ๐Ÿ˜
Dec 27, 2022 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
As soon as I started the episode, I had to check the studio behind it since the animation was really nice! Sasuga Studio Bind!
Dec 27, 2022 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
As expected, Studio Bind delivered super high quality series again. Brilliant animation and art design.
Great comedy too. Perfect starting episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 27, 2022 12:50 PM

May 2019
Mahiro is a delicious Loli~ I loved this episode.
Loli hentai is hot.
Dec 27, 2022 12:55 PM
Feb 2021
intresting so far wasn't expecting this to get a anime but here it is done by the same studio as mushouko tensei aswell
Dec 27, 2022 1:09 PM

Aug 2021
The colors is very simple but striking. I like the smart sister...
Dec 27, 2022 1:52 PM

Aug 2021
I liked it, it will be good to watch, what impressed me the most is the animation, which is very beautiful!
โ €
Dec 27, 2022 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
So basically my fears this was going to be a fetish based show came true. I remember debating with people who were saying this was just wholesome. When a ton of the episode is just fanservice and creepy scenes. Gotta love the anime community. Studio Bind sure has a loli fetish. I wonder what they will adapt after this XD Such a shame such talented people are working on pure fetish content.
Dec 27, 2022 2:43 PM

Jul 2017
Based studio bind with another good anime
Dec 27, 2022 2:51 PM
Sep 2020
Calal-Chan said:
So basically my fears this was going to be a fetish based show came true. I remember debating with people who were saying this was just wholesome. When a ton of the episode is just fanservice and creepy scenes. Gotta love the anime community. Studio Bind sure has a loli fetish. I wonder what they will adapt after this XD Such a shame such talented people are working on pure fetish content.
Yeah, it's a shame.  The manga is really cute, but this adaptation cranked the fanservice to 11 here.
Dec 27, 2022 4:04 PM

Apr 2014
Great loli fan service.

This anime is great and seeing all the normies malding is just extra satisfaction.

Get fcked normies lmao, loli supremacy.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Dec 27, 2022 6:00 PM

Apr 2018
Calal-Chan said:
If it bothers you, it's only at first that sexual jokes are very frequent. When the other girls are introduced this calms down a bit.
Unless this adaptation brings surprises, the budget given to this show is one lol

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Dec 27, 2022 7:19 PM

Jul 2013
@Rachiba

I just think it is hilarious that I saw this coming a mile away and that people were like no it is wholesome. Fanservice or not I wouldn't watch past episode 1 of this series anyway. Other than the fanservice it was also incredibly boring and like a slice of nothing show.
Dec 27, 2022 8:37 PM
Apr 2022
As a fan of the manga, I can really appreciate them keeping the fanservice to a minimum in the actual content (aside from the OP... that was... questionable...)
Dec 27, 2022 8:42 PM
Apr 2022

To be fair, a lot of the sexualization came from Bind themselves. The original manga has the same content, but the way it's presented is a lot more PG... it also doesn't have that opening sequence.
Dec 27, 2022 9:13 PM
Jul 2022
The main character felt like a carbon copy of me. And due to my habit of inserting myself into anime stories because my life is boring, I kept imagining myself and how I would react to these situations. Spoiler alert: it ends with me beating the tar out of the little sister character and demanding an antidote on the spot.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

124 by Juicedi »»
Apr 25, 1:54 PM

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

20 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by rin750 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

245 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 18, 7:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.