Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
This was one last chance for the cast to spend time together, even if it includes a Spring bath. Gotta say though..they went all out with this one including yukata, fun, and just hanging out.

Mahiro had the time of her life again with her friends. I think it was a fun way to sendoff this series as a celebration. 
Mar 23, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
The spring break forthcoming that has the girls all in planning to an one-night stay in an onsen inn, it's a change of pace. The change to wearing yukatas and hanging out at the nearby town, it's all good, and Mahiro's feminism is growing. That is until they all went for the open-air onsen...starting from the changing room where the girls forced Mahiro to undress. Of course, being a boy in a girl's body, he can't resist seeing the friends totally naked, thought that's fine for Momiji and Asahi...and in pure danger of unleashing his elephant towards them.

WELP, EMERGENCY!!! If the other girls find out that Mahiro's a male, that would not be good at all. With the drug wearing off by the next morning if he doesn't take the medicine, it's a choice of hanging out with them more as a girl that he will not turn back to for awhile, or turn back into a boy forever. With the snow, the girls head out to have fun in the snow, and as far as Miyo is concerned, it would be a regret if Mahiro turned back into a boy and lose all of the moments right here, right now. And it's what that thought that he consumes the drug to maintain his feminine side a while more.

But in the middle of the night, Momiji sleepwalking and suspecting that Mahiro is a boy, does the impossible to find out the truth for herself, that was a lucky save of a  moment. With that, the trip back home is the time to get some rest, and above it all, the "Big Brother Rehabilitation Project" is a success that changed Mahiro through and through, for the better.

Guess being a transgender isn't THAT bad after all! What a good ending.

Studio Bind, you've done the impossible again by producing yet another pedophilia, but great series, that's now 2 for 2, with Mushoku Tensei, and now OniMai.
KANLen09Mar 23, 2023 9:02 AM
Mar 23, 2023 7:59 AM

Feb 2020
Great way to end this show. I'll miss these girls for sure. :)

"Thank you!!"

SerafosMar 23, 2023 11:01 AM
Mar 23, 2023 8:10 AM

Jan 2021
Sad that this is the end, I would like to see more of it, althought I'm waiting even more Mushoku Tensei. It was a lovable experience in this fumblingly meh season. And hey, some more fanservice is always welcome.
Mar 23, 2023 8:24 AM

Mar 2016
No amount of sakuga can really make up for what amounts to barely anything more than a nothing burger even by cute girl anime standards.
Mar 23, 2023 8:29 AM
Jan 2011
can't beat the new year episode, but this was a worthy finale
Mar 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Feb 2020
Very sweet finale, love this show!!
Mar 23, 2023 9:02 AM

Mar 2019
It's end, gonna miss this show for sure.
Mar 23, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2019
Yea it’s gonna take something insanely special to not have Onimai as AOTY. Absolutely amazing finale that had everything that’s made this show so good. Perfect showcase of Mahiro growth. What a truly beautiful tale of growth and the importance of friendship.

It’s funny, I want Bind to focus on Mushoku, but when you see them doing things like this, how could you not want more stories like this? The animation was just breathtaking at times during this show. The direction was stellar and they improved the source material so much. Bravo.
Marinate1016Mar 23, 2023 9:21 AM
Mar 23, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
5 out of 5 isn't enough!!! It's better than that!!! We got the best ending we could have had!!!

I hope we're gonna get a second season now! Not only because of how popular this anime is, but also with the open ending.

It's also on to reading the manga for me!
Mar 23, 2023 9:25 AM
Jan 2022
WHOLESOME ASF

ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS ANIME!!!
Mar 23, 2023 9:27 AM

Jan 2012
And so Mahiro decides to stay a girl during an onsen trip in the snow as we end the series.

Well this was certainly one of the more....unorthodox cgdct shows I've ever watched. Which is really saying something considering I've gotta be nearing 100 of them seen at this point. Certainly at least 50. And ultimately I think that is how I'd classify this one. With the gender bender shenanigans and other things I could see people being put off by it, but considering it's got a higher score on here right now than several shows airing this season I'd consider much better I guess that hasn't happened. I'ma give it a 6/10. Easily the most amusing thing about it for me was how the boys in class played off of Mahiro. Getting flustered and whatnot. But uhhh yeah. That's it.
Mar 23, 2023 9:28 AM
May 2020
Turns out that all along Mihari turned Mahiro into a girl precisely to fix his neet lifestyle. This anime is great in so many ways and I'll keep rewatching it every now and then!
Mar 23, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2019
There are honestly not enough words
Mar 23, 2023 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
Still had mixed emotions about this shit at the end, this shit was so fucking weird lol
Mar 23, 2023 9:47 AM

Feb 2021
Another Studio Bind masterpiece has reached its end.

I will miss this show so much. 

Easily best show and Mahiro best girl of the season. 

This final episode was so well animated

I would love to have a season 2, so I might buy the blu-rays...
Mar 23, 2023 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Girls in onsen, always a blissful sight. This was a really fun finale. Glad to have more of all the girls. Mahiro's time to turn back came but he chose to stay as a girl for a bit longer. Given his situation I'm glad he did, he'll get to enjoy his time with his friends. The last scene with the sisters sleeping was beautiful.

Really enjoyed the anime, was a very fun anime overall. I usually don't watch gender bender at all but wanted to give this a try since it's from studio bind and I'm glad I did. They really did a great job adapting it, production was top tier. Hopefully we'll get more someday in the future. Till then sayonara~
Mar 23, 2023 9:51 AM

Apr 2014
First of all, I would like to give this emoji to the episode 🐘
Nice ending, the second season is also welcome.

btw, the location from this episode seems to be Ginzan Onsen and Shirogane Falls in Yamagata prefecture.
AkeZZZMar 23, 2023 9:54 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 23, 2023 9:56 AM
Mar 2022
Amazing story, I don't have anything else to say other than my cry, it's so beautiful and I am sooo happy with the ending. I wish that BIND studio wil continue with season 2, I wish the series will reach a happy ending!
Mar 23, 2023 9:59 AM
Jan 2021
such a great way to end this unusual but surprising and wholesome series! really liked all the characters overall and loved the final image between Mahiro and Mihari. I hope there'll be a season two soon.
Mar 23, 2023 10:04 AM
Mar 2023
Is there gonna have ss2? I really love this anime.
Mar 23, 2023 10:08 AM
Nov 2020
I dreaded listing this show as completed, season 2 please.
Mar 23, 2023 10:33 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So it ended on the hot spring bit I saw people talking about after all, and it was a great one to end on for sure. I’m still waiting on the uncensored version atm so I didn’t get to see all the fanservice in its full glory but what we did get to see was pretty awesome lol, lots of wholesome moments throughout too, but the true centerpiece of the episode was Mahiro’s slight return to being a guy for a bit there in the hot spring itself, Momiji got a handful and Mahiro was out of there immediately lol, he probably could have told Mihari without putting her hand there tho lol. And then came a big decision, do you go back to being a guy, or do you stay as a girl for another big stretch of time? It seems like a simple decision but when you look at the friends Mahiro made and the grand time he’s had with those friends, can you really throw that away so soon and out of nowhere?

And the answer is no, the obvious choice is to continue this new life with these great new friends, it was very easy to see coming after all Mahiro’s been through but I really liked the scene where he finally decided, and I just think it makes a lot of sense. At the end Mahiro says he will still become a guy again someday and I could see that happening but I can also see him never going back, there’s no way to know for sure but that would be an interesting route to see take place. And then ending on the train ride home and one last little montage was a good way to end it, looks like there’s a new character we never saw as well.

I was iffy in the beginning but as the show progressed I really started to love this show, I’m a big fan of the CGDCT genre so of course I’d get reeled in eventually but I also found myself enjoying the unique aspects of Mahiro being genderbent that you wouldn’t find in any other CGDCT show. And man, Studio Bind really nailed this one, super beautiful art and animation all around, true folks of culture at that studio as well as those that weren’t part of Bind that were part of this. And I really loved all of the characters, I think Asahi and Momiji were two of my favorites for their unrivaled energy they brought as well as their moments with Mahiro.

The OP and ED were also way better than they had any right being, absolutely brilliant visuals and absolute jamming songs. I hope this gets another season in the future but I look forward to the next season of Mushoku Tensei as well, I hope Bind keeps on truckin! Without a doubt one of my favorite shows of Winter 2023!
Mar 23, 2023 10:38 AM

Mar 2018
Honestly, really heart-warming show that tackled the troubles of being lost in life and reforming yourself. For all its gags, it was really enjoyable.

Also, the art and animation of this episode were particularly stunning. Nice little ending sequence as well.
Mar 23, 2023 10:49 AM
Jun 2020
so wholesome, Mahiro really enjoys her life now being friends with the girls.

was kinda hoping that we'll see Mahiro return to his OG/normal self for just a moment but oh well, it would not fit plot wise anyways

7/10

edit: Season 2??
Hiruuu_Mar 23, 2023 10:57 AM
Mar 23, 2023 11:04 AM
Mar 2023
Its was so wholesome!
Mar 23, 2023 11:16 AM
Jun 2022
i wish for a second season of this anime :D
Mar 23, 2023 11:29 AM

Jul 2016
The studio saved the hot spring scene for all the characters to be present, and Mahiro's feelings before taking the medicine were also made better than in the manga. Anime does better than manga , hope for a 2nd season

Mar 23, 2023 11:32 AM
Mar 2023
Death-White said:
The studio saved the hot spring scene for all the characters to be present, and Mahiro's feelings before taking the medicine were also made better than in the manga. Anime does better than manga , hope for a 2nd season

YEAH! i wish too. i really want it to have ss2 bc if its doesnt have ss2 maybe i dont have anything to watch. ;(
Mar 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Apr 2018
Death-White said:
m4iney said:

YEAH! i wish too. i really want it to have ss2 bc if its doesnt have ss2 maybe i dont have anything to watch. ;(
Possibly has or is close to having enough material for a second season if they wanted to do it.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Mar 23, 2023 11:49 AM
Mar 2023
Rachiba said:
Death-White said:
m4iney said:

Possibly has or is close to having enough material for a second season if they wanted to do it.

I hope they did the 2nd season i will always wait bc in my country doesn’t have license in my country.
*I MEAN THE MANGA NOT THE ANIME*

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISHH!
Mar 23, 2023 11:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty fitting finale, got to end with a nice ol' onsen episode! Didn't expect the MC to take the pill in the end there though, I thought the buildup was for him to realise playtime's over and it's time to snap back to reality or something along those lines but he just ended up gulping it down at the peak of that moment, lol. I was definitely a little flabbergasted by that. 

Mihari-chan's been the pick of the girls for me, and I love the fact that she just outright exposed her intentions in the train scene. Onii-san's probably in cloud nine so he didn't give much off a reaction besides the normal, xD. Expected something from there too, ig. Seeing the two in bliss asleep like that was too heartwarming. 

And hey, did Mahiro-chan just get the transgender experience for a bit there, lmao? I didn't think that was coming but that was certainly a quality call. 

All in all, it's been a fine-to-good series. I remember just lol'ing when the first ep dropped but it for some reason didn't reach that level anymore after that. Nevertheless, it was a fairly entertaining gender-bender series and I will stick with a generous 7/10 for now. Season 2? Why not. 
_MushiRock11_Mar 26, 2023 8:13 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 23, 2023 11:51 AM

Apr 2018
m4iney said:
Rachiba said:

I hope they did the 2nd season i will always wait bc in my country doesn’t have license in my country.
*I MEAN THE MANGA NOT THE ANIME*

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISHH!
You're welcome. I'm not an English speaker either so I can make mistakes too lol

Mar 23, 2023 11:58 AM
Jan 2021
this was a great adaptation of the Panic! at the hot springs section of the story, and a good place to end if they don't do a second season. I do hope they do a second season, however, as there's still a lot of manga left to adapt, and I would like to see their take on especially the new characters that get introduced
Mar 23, 2023 12:00 PM

Dec 2010
I didn't really like how Studio Bind drew Mahiro at times, a bit too realistic for my tastes. Also the characters' bodies sometimes looked rather block-like. Other than that it was great. To think Bind just went and created a straight up lolicon anime in this day and age is amazing! The boob animation on Kaede was also next level. I wonder if they're intending to do a S2, what with that tease at the end.
Mar 23, 2023 12:04 PM

Jan 2015
Great conclusion to a great show

Also, who is the blue-haired girl in the endcard and in one of the shots while credits are rolling? Am I missing anything?
Mar 23, 2023 12:09 PM

Apr 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Great conclusion to a great show

Also, who is the blue-haired girl in the endcard and in one of the shots while credits are rolling? Am I missing anything?
Nayuta Tenkawa, a manga-exclusive character (until now). The blonde girl next to her in the credits is her older sister.
RachibaMar 23, 2023 12:16 PM

Mar 23, 2023 12:21 PM
May 2020
I really enjoyed this anime. All the episodes were short and funny. I hope they announce a second season soon, although I'll switch to the manga because I need to see more!
Mar 23, 2023 12:34 PM
Jun 2022
bro, i loved this ED, especially the ED soundtrack, so relaxing, also i was shocked when i realized that they're gonna adapt the hot springs trip, it was a completely surprise. overall it was a good show, each ep was very funny and relaxing. i recommend it totally
Mar 23, 2023 12:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
PROTECT THIS ANIME AT ALL COSTS

WE DON'T GET THESE 2009-2014 REMINISCENT ANIME MUCH ANYMORE
Mar 23, 2023 12:40 PM
Novice
Mar 2023
Man this show was awesome i love how he recognized how his life has turned for the good and he stayed together with his friends hopefully there will be a second season this was very wholesome :D
Mar 23, 2023 12:50 PM
Jul 2014
Season two please, this isn't allowed to end.
Mar 23, 2023 1:08 PM
Dec 2021
this anime is good.
Mar 23, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2018
Hopefully they'll make more of it, that was quite refreshing, wholesome and unexpectedly good. Amidst this awfully mediocre season, to see something like Onimai is definitely a bliss.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 23, 2023 1:12 PM
Aug 2022
This was easily one of the best ways to end this one. I honestly hope another season gets made cuz damn I enjoyed this all the way.
Mar 23, 2023 1:22 PM

Jan 2018
Arguably the most well animated show this season and possibly the year too.

Hope there will be a second season animated by Bind again.
Mar 23, 2023 1:55 PM
Oct 2021
this show has proven to be surprisingly good. at first i wasn’t sure it was for me but tbh it took the more wholesome route instead of the weird pervy route lmao
Mar 23, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
Ryuseishun said:
No amount of sakuga can really make up for what amounts to barely anything more than a nothing burger even by cute girl anime standards.
I didn't know opinions could be objectively wrong.
Mar 23, 2023 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
LostSpectre said:
Ryuseishun said:
I didn’t know this show is supposedly objectively good and criticism-proof. My bad.
Mar 23, 2023 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Ryuseishun said:
LostSpectre said:
I didn’t know this show is supposedly objectively good and criticism-proof. My bad.
I'm glad you realized your mistake. I won't hold it against you. 
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by rin750 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2023

60 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2023

89 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 16, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

105 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 15, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

123 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 14, 1:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.