Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2022 8:24 PM

Oct 2022
I know they're loud vocal minority but why did the hate even started? Hating on Mappa seen like a cool thing to do. The hate started when AoT got CG Titan? Or because staff having so much work? Overwork issues seen like just a excuse to hate on Mappa.

I don't like how Mappa did to AoT with CG titan but I don't hate Mappa for it. And I like how Mappa is handling CSM imo.

If you don't like Mappa, I would love to know your full reasoning. (Not just "generic" or "mediocre" crap, real valid reasoning)

I know this kind thread has been made 6 million times by now but I just want to know. Also, please don't fight. (It's Impossible, I know)

Edit: I already explained about my opinion on overwork issue. Just go checkout somewhere. It will probably be there.
LuluThetkaDec 4, 2022 3:19 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2022 8:53 PM

Jan 2022
I don't know a whole lot about MAPPA. I have a DVD set of JujuKaisen I have yet to watch, but bought it simply off the box art and synopsis when I was surfing through eBAY. I'm aware they did A.O.T. but never got into that for some reason. The one show they did that I personally like and only have watched Season 1 and will be starting Season 2 at some point in the future is on my DVD set of...

and I don't see an issue with the company. I believe I even listed them as a studio I like too based mostly on what I saw in season one of Kakegurui... and that's a whack ass show that's out there IMO. Totally love how mental it is and the M.C. that is Yumeko.

I dunno why there is hate towards the animation company? Perhaps I'm just not IN with the cool kids. But I don't care about any of that. I like what I like.
Dec 3, 2022 8:59 PM
Oct 2019
I would assume that a large part of the reason for all the Mappa hatred is that the more mainstream/popular something becomes, the more people look for some reason to hate it, and Mappa has become a pretty popular studio in recent years due to their work on God of Highschool, Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan, and of course Chainsaw Man. Another part of the reason is probably fans of Attack on Titan and Chainsaw Man who had very high expectations for the anime that Mappa never could've realistically lived up to, which makes them a "bad studio" in these people's minds, even though no studio could've realistically lived up to the expectations that Chainsaw Man fans had under any circumstances, and no studio could've lived up to the expectations that AOT fans had under the strict schedule that the series' production committee was enforcing (it was literally so bad that Witt dropped the series)

As the years go by and the vocal minority dies down, people will remember Mappa's work for how good it was, and they'll see their future works for how good they'll continue to be (unless Mappa stops taking on big mainstream projects and focuses on smaller stuff, like Madhouse did, in which case people will just look back fondly on Mappa's best work)
Dec 3, 2022 9:06 PM

Aug 2018
not liking popular things makes you cool, intelligent and mature
Dec 3, 2022 9:10 PM

Jan 2019
The hate started when Mappa took hold of one of the biggest mainstream anime Attack on Titan. I think the hate began on like the first episode of s4 where mappa I guess "lied" about how the titans would be 2d. Fans expected it to be 2d based on the trailer.
Dec 3, 2022 9:21 PM

Mar 2019
Because it's trendy to do so, MAPPA is a name that even people who don't care enough to know the names of the studios can recognize. MAPPA also does adaptations of popular mainstream manga nowadays, a lot of people also like MAPPA so it's easy to just mention the studio negatively and get attention.
Dec 3, 2022 9:32 PM
Jul 2021
> Why do people love to hate on Mappa?

I dunno, maybe, just maybe because they deserve it, for brining to life all those copy and paste shounen shows, all those bait shows like Yuri on Ice, all those subpar reboots/sequels and the endless diarrhea filled drible like Sarazanmai.

Like I said, maybe just maybe because they deserve it.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 3, 2022 9:51 PM

Nov 2018
How else are people supposed to jerk each other off? People on the internet need something to antagonize or else they lose all purpose in their life.

For example, the post just above me

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 3, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2014
Mappa bait attack on Titan final season 3 times now
Dec 3, 2022 9:55 PM
Jan 2012
Half of the hate is from contrarians who don't like popular series which they're responsible for a handful of, or can't stop whining about the CG titan, which wasn't even that bad.

The other half hates them for their awful treatment of their animators. A far better reason for hate, albeit sadly pointless seeing as the entire industry save for a few studios abuse the shit out of their staff. Maybe their claims of making their work environment better ended up being true, honestly that would be nice since at this point they're too big to fail.
Dec 3, 2022 10:00 PM

Jan 2017
I personally don’t hate on Mappa. They have a proven track record of producing some of the very best anime of the past dozen or so years.
Their commitment to quality was present in their first production, Kids on the Slope, and hasn’t wavered.

And as long as we’re on the subject, they improved Attack on Titan when they took it over.
オタク? 私はそのことが私がかわいいと思う!
Dec 3, 2022 10:04 PM

Oct 2022
ShatteredSans said:
Another part of the reason is probably fans of Attack on Titan and Chainsaw Man who had very high expectations for the anime that Mappa never could've realistically lived up to, which makes them a "bad studio" in these people's minds

Infinite_zz said:
The hate started when Mappa took hold of one of the biggest mainstream anime Attack on Titan. I think the hate began on like the first episode of s4 where mappa I guess "lied" about how the titans would be 2d. Fans expected it to be 2d based on the trailer.

This is just sad. But I never seen a studio getting this much hate. I see people complain about adaption but I don't see people constantly following what they're doing and complaining like everything they do for other studio. I might be wrong since I'm pretty new to this so... Maybe if Mappa didn't animated AoT then things might be different.. ig? Is there people hating on studio in the past like rn with Mappa? No one is constantly shitting on Clover Works despite what they do with The Promised Neverland S2.
LuluThetkaDec 3, 2022 10:14 PM
Dec 3, 2022 10:07 PM
Oct 2019
OnionKnightRises said:
The other half hates them for their awful treatment of their animators. A far better reason for hate, albeit sadly pointless seeing as the entire industry save for a few studios abuse the shit out of their staff.
I completely agree. This would be a valid reason to hate Mappa, if it wasn't for the fact that this is kind of the norm in the anime industry, and in Japan in general. Japanese work culture appears to be more toxic than American work culture, which is really saying something, considering that most jobs in America don't even pay livable wages anymore, and that's only going to continue to get worse with time.
Dec 3, 2022 10:13 PM

Oct 2022
Dawizz said:

I dunno, maybe, just maybe because they deserve it, for brining to life all those copy and paste shounen shows, all those bait shows like Yuri on Ice, all those subpar reboots/sequels and the endless diarrhea filled drible like Sarazanmai.

I don't think it's Mappa fault tho. Idk how production work bts but I don't Mappa is the one who decided what to adapt in to anime. And even then is it really Mappa fault? No one is blaming ufotable for adapting Demon Slayer but it's actually quite opposite.
Dec 3, 2022 10:16 PM

Sep 2010
Wasn't Mappa already hated before Attack on Titan? Never understood the deal when shit like Ufotable gets praised.

aimglitchz said:
Mappa bait attack on Titan final season 3 times now

Animation studios publish anime?
Dec 3, 2022 10:23 PM

Oct 2022
OnionKnightRises said:
The other half hates them for their awful treatment of their animators. A far better reason for hate, albeit sadly pointless seeing as the entire industry save for a few studios abuse the shit out of their staff. Maybe their claims of making their work environment better ended up being true, honestly that would be nice since at this point they're too big to fail.

I completely agree about that. I hope Mappa don't take too much project and collecting project like infinity stone. But it wasn't the reason to hate the adaption itself Imo. Maybe you don't consume their products because you don't like about that but it make no sense to constantly complaining "why that 2 frame of whatever is so bad blah blah". Is it that like saying "animator are doing shitty job. they should work 25hr days" even if they didn't mean it.
Dec 3, 2022 10:25 PM
Oct 2019
LuluThe3rd said:
Dawizz said:

I don't think it's Mappa fault tho. Idk how production work bts but I don't Mappa is the one who decided what to adapt in to anime. And even then is it really Mappa fault? No one is blaming ufotable for adapting Demon Slayer but it's actually quite opposite.
I believe that's true for the most part, I think the production committees are usually responsible for deciding which studio will adapt an anime. Chainsaw Man is the exception though, because in a QnA panel at a convention (I think it was Crunchyroll expo?) Mappa's CEO confirmed that the studio actually directly requested permission from Shueisha to adapt Chainsaw Man into an anime, and they also requested for there to be no external anime production committee for Chainsaw Man, meaning that Mappa has full control over the Chainsaw Man anime (which makes it likely that it will be a full adaptation), and it won't be rushed, but they also have to fund it entirely on their own.
Dec 3, 2022 10:42 PM

Oct 2022
ShatteredSans said:
LuluThe3rd said:

I believe that's true for the most part, I think the production committees are usually responsible for deciding which studio will adapt an anime. Chainsaw Man is the exception though, because in a QnA panel at a convention (I think it was Crunchyroll expo?) Mappa's CEO confirmed that the studio actually directly requested permission from Shueisha to adapt Chainsaw Man into an anime, and they also requested for there to be no external anime production committee for Chainsaw Man, meaning that Mappa has full control over the Chainsaw Man anime (which makes it likely that it will be a full adaptation), and it won't be rushed, but they also have to fund it entirely on their own.

So it was a passion project for Mappa to adapt Chainsaw Man. Huh. Maybe that's one of the reason why Chainsaw Man adaption is soo good in my eye. (Maybe business decision, idk)
Dec 3, 2022 10:45 PM

Oct 2019
the cgi hate is because most people are bad at noticing good from bad adaptations unless something is very obviously good or bad to them. and the cgi titans, were obviously, not the best.

but some below average cgi is not the end all for most studios. so why is it here?

mappa has 3 giant shounen titles under it's belt. so it has spot light. so idiots hate it for no reason.

like here's the thing. mappa is far from being my favorite studio. probably not even top 10.

but people act like they are worse than deen and jc staff and ruin everything they touch, which is EXTREMELY idiotic imo
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 3, 2022 10:57 PM

Oct 2022
Apolygon2 said:
but some below average cgi is not the end all for most studios. so why is it here?

mappa has 3 giant shounen titles under it's belt. so it has spot light. so idiots hate it for no reason.

Those minority who decided to hate on stuff for no reason are really freaking annoying. Maybe I should also not make thread in the first place because answer seen clear but I want to hear other people's opinions or that minority's opinion.(even if it's obvious) so...

Apolygon2 said:
but people act like they are worse than deen and jc staff and ruin everything they touch, which is EXTREMELY idiotic imo

Just a normal human trait. It's just sad.
Dec 3, 2022 11:48 PM

Feb 2019
I'd assume it just snowballed into the amount of hate they get based on how popular they got in a short while.

Dawizz said:

Any/ Alot of studios have so called copy and paste shounen shows, yuri bait shows, subpar reboots/sequels and whatever diarrhea-filled dribble you mean. Mappa doesn't even have many shounen shows in their catalogue compared to everything else they've done if you take a look.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Dec 4, 2022 12:14 AM

Oct 2010
I don't love to hate on mappa, I hate to hate on mappa because with their talent and money they should adapt manga better and it's so annoying that their adaptations are stuff that I love like chainsaw man and shingeki no kyojin.
If you compare bleach sennen kessen with chainsaw man you will see what studio knows what it's doing and what studio is run by idiots
shingeki no kyojin final season season was ok though, I don't like cg titans but at least it looks good
Dec 4, 2022 12:30 AM

Oct 2022
Catalano said:
If you compare bleach sennen kessen with chainsaw man you will see what studio knows what it's doing and what studio is run by idiots

I haven't seen Bleach yet so I couldn't tell.
Catalano said:
I don't love to hate on mappa, I hate to hate on mappa because with their talent and money they should adapt manga better and it's so annoying that their adaptations are stuff that I love like chainsaw man and shingeki no kyojin.

They should only focus on 1 or 2 project max. (With 1 smaller one? Maybe?) There is like 4 major title on their belt (JJK, AoT, CSM, Hell Paradise) and about Vinland Saga, even tho staff are the same, They probably provide budget. (Or maybe not, idk. I am not anime producers) There is just too much.

Edit: I'm kinda confused rn.
LuluThetkaDec 4, 2022 12:38 AM
Dec 4, 2022 12:34 AM

Sep 2020
Yeah, because hating popular things is cool! :3
Dec 4, 2022 12:34 AM

Feb 2020
People just love to hate popular things.
Dec 4, 2022 12:35 AM
Jan 2021
Catalano said:
shingeki no kyojin final season season was ok though, I don't like cg titans but at least it looks good

Sbro compare bleach anime with manga you wuill see how much stuff they skipped moreover csm has chaarcter acting every scene and greta composite and doesnt overuse stills so i dont see your reasoning at all and mappa made diff endings for each ep while bleach barely has animation in both op and ed
Dec 4, 2022 12:47 AM

Apr 2012
It seems to be because they're becoming that studio that takes on Wit Studios' unfinished projects, kek, both AoT and Vinland.

I like Mappa, I think they did AoT justice, so hopefully Vinland S2 is also good.
Dec 4, 2022 12:49 AM

Feb 2017
XDGamer897 said:
Catalano said:

Sbro compare bleach anime with manga you wuill see how much stuff they skipped moreover csm has chaarcter acting every scene and greta composite and doesnt overuse stills so i dont see your reasoning at all and mappa made diff endings for each ep while bleach barely has animation in both op and ed

People like him doesn't even understand what's good or not...
Comparing CSM with Bleach when every ep of CSM move constantly, have good animation in almost every scene, with ambitious storyboard, while in Bleach you will have 1 or 2 strong episode and then the rest almost only shots of the head of the characters while they are talking, stills, speed line during the action scene, same cut used multiple time in an action scene...
But since it's not MAPPA maybe they don't see all those flaws.
No_meaningDec 4, 2022 12:54 AM
Dec 4, 2022 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
Ah yes, another mappa dickriding thread. I don't hate mappa, they really make a good anime opening. The overall production is mid tho.

I just like to see the fanboys get triggered whenever someone do valid criticism. Welp based on the thread owner cgi and overwork is not a valid criticism lmao.
Dec 4, 2022 12:53 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Mappa is the penaldo of the anime industry...
recognition and public relations =100%
Quality and performance =20%

Dec 4, 2022 1:00 AM

Oct 2022
Scavendgarr said:
Ah yes, another mappa dickriding threa

Thank you for noticing.
Scavendgarr said:
I just like to see the fanboys get triggered whenever someone do valid criticism. Welp based on the thread owner cgi and overwork is not a valid criticism lmao.

I already explained why overwork issues doesn't help the case of complaining whatever adaption.
And complaining CG make sense, but it is just too much.

I also like seeing fanboy triggered. Especially myself.
Dec 4, 2022 1:16 AM

Jun 2016
Mostly cause of the attention from AOT, then snowballed into news of treatment of staff while they were announcing several popular adaptations.

I don't hate mappa, but I don't like the studio very much either. Aside from a select few anime like Zankyou no Terror, Re;Main, and Itaden, I would have much rathered any other studio done the rest of their works. Gonna be a weird one but, especially their choice in OSTs, never fits the scenes. Some rock song going off in the climax of Jujutsu 0, the same Kohta track looped 20 times thru AOT final, rest are completely forgettable aside OP's.

And yeah production. Production isn't as bad as everyone shits on them for, but compared to other adaptations of popular works from studios like A-1, Wit, Clover, ufotable def lacking. Especially given the fact that Mappa has gotten their hands on considerably larger IPs and significantly more of them than any other studio. (in fact, way too many)
InorichiDec 4, 2022 1:31 AM
Dec 4, 2022 1:17 AM

Jul 2021
Hating popular stuff for no reason makes you cool, didn't you know?

On a serious note, I think it's mostly some of the AOT and CSM fans because the anime adaptations didn't meet their unrealistic expectations.
In my opinion, Mappa has done a good job on their adaptations and they have some of the best CG I've seen in recent years.
Dec 4, 2022 1:36 AM

Oct 2022
Inorichi said:
Mostly cause of the attention from AOT, then snowballed into news of treatment of staff while they were announcing several popular adaptations.

Treatment of staff is the most vaild reason to hate on studio but most of the time it's just people nonstop complaining CGI for 101719th times. Which doesn't make sense. In my mind at least.

OniNori said:
Hating popular stuff for no reason makes you cool, didn't you know?

I completely forgot. Maybe I should also do that!
Dec 4, 2022 1:48 AM

Feb 2021
Because it is one of the best studios in Japan, they make great works.
Dec 4, 2022 1:57 AM

Oct 2013
LuluThe3rd said:
Scavendgarr said:
Ah yes, another mappa dickriding threa

Thank you for noticing.
Scavendgarr said:

I already explained why overwork issues doesn't help the case of complaining whatever adaption.
And complaining CG make sense, but it is just too much.

I also like seeing fanboy triggered. Especially myself.

Tbh any kind of criticism doesn't help anything since you didn't say it to mappa bosses in the first place. By your logic, one piece pacing is perfect since no studio can't outrun the manga without adding a filler or slowing the pace of the anime.

Overwork is a valid criticism, bad animation is valid too. Mappa doesn't have to be perfect to be your favorite studio, that's all.
Dec 4, 2022 2:08 AM

Jun 2016
LuluThe3rd said:
Inorichi said:

Treatment of staff is the most vaild reason to hate on studio but most of the time it's just people nonstop complaining CGI for 101719th times. Which doesn't make sense. In my mind at least.

Eh the cg complaint is essentially just the go-to for any disappointment in a show with Mappa. Prob cause it's the most noticeable and they can't be bothered to rationalize what's actually disappointing.

I won't say hate is justified, but I would say it is reasonable or even expected to be disappointed, since a lot of Mappa adaptations were and are quite literally at the top of the industry even before they received any anime adaptation. The work has proven to sell, yet still cutting corners so yeah...
Dec 4, 2022 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
People shitstorm everything nowadays for the littlest shit, because apparantly the internet wasn't the best invention in human history.
Dec 4, 2022 2:24 AM

Aug 2018
because they made attack on titan season 4
Dec 4, 2022 2:44 AM
Nov 2021
Overwork issues seem like just an excuse? What?

Those people have a term for overworking to death

When i googled "overworking to death" it showed the wikipedia page for Karoshi

What are you on?
Dec 4, 2022 2:55 AM

Oct 2022
Scavendgarr said:
Overwork is a valid criticism

It is vaild, I agree. But it shouldn't the reason to hate on adaption they did. Imagine a guy sending death threats to Mappa employees and also saying "overwork is a huge problem in anime industry". It doesn't make sense right? If you hate the fact that they are adapting too much is good enough but not when it's about blank anime adaption is bad and if the reason you're hating is for overwork.

Scavendgarr said:
bad animation

If CG make you physically bleed then go for it, I guess?

Scavendgarr said:
By your logic, one piece pacing is perfect since no studio can't outrun the manga without adding a filler or slowing the pace of the anime.

I don't know what you mean so I really need to rethink my logic. But if you mean "using CG is necessary = 5 min recap every eps so no catching up to manga" then I suppose you are right. I kinda sound like it. The thing is, I'm not defending entire AoT CG, CGI thing. All I'm saying is the only reason of hating on Mappa is "Bad CG" then why tho.

I'm kinda sound like dickriding Mappa. Ngl
Dec 4, 2022 3:02 AM

Oct 2022
NotAnApartment said:
Overwork issues seem like just an excuse? What?

Those people have a term for overworking to death

When i googled "overworking to death" it showed the wikipedia page for Karoshi

What are you on?

Could you please read other messages that I written. I think I already explained. I am talking about that group of people who like nitpicking everything on whatever adaption just because it was done by Mappa. I'm not talking about those guy who dislike Mappa but chill about it.
Dec 4, 2022 3:04 AM

Jul 2021
One thing for sure is that the MAPPA hate is coming from the AOT community lmao
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 4, 2022 3:05 AM

Jul 2021
Because they make a lot of bad anime, that are very popular for some reason.
Of all the things I watched from then only Idaten was actually good.
And yes, their CGI is really bad.
Dec 4, 2022 3:12 AM

Apr 2018
Because they are not providing anything related to Yuri!!! on Ice The Movie: Ice Adolescence.

Dec 4, 2022 3:28 AM

Dec 2021
Because hating on Popular stuff is Cool.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Dec 4, 2022 4:31 AM

Oct 2013
LuluThe3rd said:
Scavendgarr said:
Overwork is a valid criticism

It is vaild, I agree. But it shouldn't the reason to hate on adaption they did. Imagine a guy sending death threats to Mappa employees and also saying "overwork is a huge problem in anime industry". It doesn't make sense right? If you hate the fact that they are adapting too much is good enough but not when it's about blank anime adaption is bad and if the reason you're hating is for overwork.

Scavendgarr said:
bad animation

If CG make you physically bleed then go for it, I guess?

Scavendgarr said:
By your logic, one piece pacing is perfect since no studio can't outrun the manga without adding a filler or slowing the pace of the anime.

I don't know what you mean so I really need to rethink my logic. But if you mean "using CG is necessary = 5 min recap every eps so no catching up to manga" then I suppose you are right. I kinda sound like it. The thing is, I'm not defending entire AoT CG, CGI thing. All I'm saying is the only reason of hating on Mappa is "Bad CG" then why tho.

I'm kinda sound like dickriding Mappa. Ngl

Actually it's ok, I don't really care about dickrider or fanboy or anything. I don't even care about cg since I like houseki no kuni and beastars. I'm just here for the mental exercise, and you're cool enough to hear my half assed argument.

Overall I agree with most people here. They hate it because it's cool to hate something popular, or just looking for attention (like me), but that doesn't make mappa fully innocent since everyone makes mistakes.
Dec 4, 2022 4:53 AM
Jan 2022
Just dumb fucks being contrary for the sake of it. Ignore them.
Dec 4, 2022 5:30 AM

Oct 2022
Scavendgarr said:
Overall I agree with most people here. They hate it because it's cool to hate something popular, or just looking for attention (like me), but that doesn't make mappa fully innocent since everyone makes mistakes.

Everyone like getting attention (including myself). I have no idea why I made this thread in the first place but I don't regret that. I need someone to argue so I don't have to argue myself so yea. Have a good day (probably).
Dec 4, 2022 5:34 AM

Oct 2013
LuluThe3rd said:
Scavendgarr said:

Everyone like getting attention (including myself). I have no idea why I made this thread in the first place but I don't regret that. I need someone to argue so I don't have to argue myself so yea. Have a good day (probably).

Thanks! I hope you have a good day too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

234 by FZREMAKE »»
2 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 51 minutes ago

5 by WatchTillTandava »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 3 hours ago

18 by logopolis »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

31 by SgtBateMan »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.