Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2022 5:34 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeOct 31, 2022 8:30 AM
Oct 31, 2022 8:30 AM

Jun 2019
Pure inhalation of the soul reapers in the Soul Society. It was nice to see Renji and Byakuya in this episode and the other captains. But, even they weren't able to stop the quinces. RIP... so many bankais.

Also, things are looking really bad for the Ichigo squad as well. Things are getting way too tense for everyone.

May 2020
Yhwach's army is wreaking havoc in Soul society, the Sternritters. Be it the normal soldiers, seats, vice captains or heck even captains, they fucking toying with them, killing them like there's no tomorrow. We had the captains clashing against the Aizen’s army back in the day but this.. this isn’t even on the same scale anymore. Blood is raining everywhere.

So hype it was watching captains using their Bankai, though only for sternritters stealing them a minute later. That’s some OP as fuck ability they running with. Byakuya’s Senbonzakura Kageyoshi still a beauty after all these years, but got stolen sadly.

Ichigo’s on his way to soul society but as if things will go smoothly even for once. Coming episodes will be all more bloody.

They had a 2 minute recap but still adapted 5 chapters btw.

Nov 2011
Rose is such an underrated character so seeing him getting some spotlight is a blessing.

Seeing Squad 6 with Byakuya and Renji fighting As was also pretty cool. Toshiro, Soifon, Kenpachi, and all the other captains etc are back too on the frontline! I guess they're focusing this season on featuring various captains and their squads taking on members of the Sternritter.

Pretty cool episode and idc it's been 10 years, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi is still cool as fuck.

May 2020
holy shit that was an amazing ep
3 min recap tho...
and Ichigo going back to save soul society just like the good old days
man its good to have bleach back
Homura24Nov 1, 2022 7:18 AM

Oct 31, 2022 8:31 AM

Jul 2012
Goddamn, this was amazing.

The pacing is everso intense, the situation looks as hopeless as it should, the fights are all set up for the next week, and one of my favorites moments of this invasion is just at the start of next chapter (quite awesome that they put all infodumps in place, and also revisited the shinigami body count they skipped last week).

This adaptation is going places, can't wait to see my old man Genryuusai in action.
Oct 31, 2022 8:35 AM
Jul 2022
Good, Yhwach is so cold, cool and badass
Oct 31, 2022 8:41 AM

Jan 2019
The scene after the Captains had their Bankai stolen was anxiety-inducing, seriously. They definitely nailed the desperation feeling. As Nodt most specifically is terryifing, Jesus
OST is out of this world, and Senbonzakura Kageyoshi looks more beautiful than ever after all this years. In fact, it was already super cool even in the first anime.

On the other hand, I have to agree that the recap was too long. Hope it doesn't happen often.

neffst3rOct 31, 2022 9:19 AM
Oct 31, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
Animation was alright, I feel like they're saving all the budget for Yamamoto's fight. They added a few new scenes to the main fights although I wish they added more to Rose, Ukitake and Shuhei's fights but I guess they've got a limited amount of content they can cover per episode. Not as many scenes were cut this time though so that's good.

Also we finally know who Ukitake was fighting
Oct 31, 2022 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode! Yhwach is brutal!
Bye bye bankai(s)!
Oct 31, 2022 8:56 AM

Dec 2019
Only in the 4th episode and this had a long ass 3 minute recap to start the episode, and even with that, still felt pretty rushed overall. The pacing of this anime be bizarre af so far.
Oct 31, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2010
Here’s to all the people that said BLEACH should’ve ended after the Aizen fight
Oct 31, 2022 9:00 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Three minutes of recap, this is the Bleach I remember and love all right, haha.

Not sure why that whole recap was needed when it could have been used to better pace the fights in this episode, as everything is still faster paced than it needed to be. That being said, perhaps it only feels so fast since I recently re-watched the original Bleach.

The more we see of the Quincy, the more terrifying they become. This invasion is quickly looking like it will be a one sided battle unless something is done fast. The captains can't use bankai, and Ichigo is stuck in Quilge's technique. The soul society has gained more info about the Quincies, but it still may not be enough to gain an advantage. The Quincies are brutal.

And yeah, like Ichigo said, the Quincies steal the bankais since they fear their power, so the goal to win will be to figure out how to neutralize that advantage.

All in all, a nice action packed episode introducing some new cool characters.
Oct 31, 2022 9:02 AM
Jan 2021
Renji: hey, they steal bankai
Byakuya: don't care, ban-
oh shit.
Oct 31, 2022 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
Decent episode, but the recap at the start was kind of a turnoff. Those few minutes that went into that, could have helped with the pacing and flow of the episode even more since they still adapted a bunch of chapters. Again, I prefer Bleach not going at a snail's pace like the original through, but I still feel like improvements can be done here to make it even better. Rest of the episode was decent, lots of re-introductions to familiar faces in Soul Society as they deal with the Stern Ritter and the episode building an atmosphere of hopelessness and desperation around Soul Society and the Soul Reapers there as their bankai can be stolen but Ichigo's, and he's having his own problems at the end there with being able to get to the area to help them with Quilge stopping him last minute. I liked the uncensored nature here again, makes the brutality of the Invasion feel even more raw and chaotic that way.

Animation was alright, nothing special visually about the episode and lots of closeups and some still frames being present but in episodes like these, the insane animation don't really matter too much if it can be used in bigger fights down the line for the minimum. As long as it still looks fine and consistent enough to do the job, which it did here. Feels good seeing Senbonzakura Kageyoshi again after all these years too and have it look pretty sick in this adaptation (highlight visually for this episode), nostalgia definitely hit then alongside seeing some other characters in action too.
Oct 31, 2022 9:19 AM
Jan 2018
Best part till now is how they have eradicated all the possible conveniences from the Soul Society side. This makes things slightly unpredictable and interesting.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Oct 31, 2022 9:23 AM
Sep 2021
Breath taking marvelous astonishing piece of animated EPICNESS!!!
Oct 31, 2022 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
im worried about the production, there is 3 minutes of recap already and there are some significant animation quality drops through out the episode but still good enough and i hope they can hold the quality together until the end

but with how talented the core staff of this anime adaptation is it will have sakuga on important scenes for sure they just do not have enough production time it seems to make it all consistent

so there it is Quincies can steal Bankai

anyway Bambietta is sexy again

degOct 31, 2022 10:59 AM
Oct 31, 2022 9:26 AM
Oct 2022
anime-prime said:
Three minutes of recap, this is the Bleach I remember and love all right, haha.

Not sure why that whole recap was needed when it could have been used to better pace the fights in this episode, as everything is still faster paced than it needed to be. That being said, perhaps it only feels so fast since I recently re-watched the original Bleach.

The more we see of the Quincy, the more terrifying they become. This invasion is quickly looking like it will be a one sided battle unless something is done fast. The captains can't use bankai, and Ichigo is stuck in Quilge's technique. The soul society has gained more info about the Quincies, but it still may not be enough to gain an advantage. The Quincies are brutal.

And yeah, like Ichigo said, the Quincies steal the bankais since they fear their power, so the goal to win will be to figure out how to neutralize that advantage.

All in all, a nice action packed episode introducing some new cool characters.
I mean even with the recap taking up some time it was still just as long as any other normal anime episode.
Oct 31, 2022 9:31 AM
Apr 2021
I dont even know where to start OMGGG 10/10 episode for sure, im so hyped for another episode of this masterpiece.
Oct 31, 2022 9:31 AM
Nov 2021
Loving the series so far. I know there isn't any Sakuga in this episode, this is just buildup to upcoming menace in future episode. Äs Nodt had much screentime, byt didn't uttered a single word and just smiled when he stole Byakuya's Bankai. THAT WAS CREEPY AF. Got chills just seeing Äs Nodt without any dialogue.Bambi-chan had only 2 lines in this episode. Laughed at Quilge's reaction when he sealed Ichigo in his jail, he just reminded me of Stroheim from JoJo part 2. Both are Nazis ,one is actual Nazi and other is a ghost Nazi.
Oct 31, 2022 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
Hearing Soundscape to Ardor after all these years was awesome. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the initial invasion is adapted, this part was pure chaos in the manga.
Oct 31, 2022 9:41 AM
Jan 2020
The animation took a heavy downgrade this episode, I'm not even hating here. It reverted back to the classic Bleach quality + 3 minutes of recap for no reason lol. We're 4 episodes out of 50+ here, can't help but to overreact.

Then it's good again when Ichigo showed up. And damn, the OST is really good.
RonninnOct 31, 2022 9:45 AM
Oct 31, 2022 9:46 AM

Oct 2022
This is how you return after 10 years! Perfect in every way. Pacing is so unbelievable, I am exhausted while watching ep 4.
Oct 31, 2022 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
wow, this episode was bad for me...
Oct 31, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2011
Now of the captains, just Zaraki, we didn't seen yet.

That ending was very exciting.
Oct 31, 2022 9:50 AM
Feb 2020
episode after episode shit gets better and better its so good
Oct 31, 2022 9:50 AM
Feb 2022
W ep, animation still holds up expectations, next eps are going to be crazy
Oct 31, 2022 9:54 AM
Apr 2021
a chaotic and engaging episode, the 3 minute summary gave me a sense of nostalgia, love it.
Btw I wanted to see Soi Fon's Bankai in action but well I hope to see it later.
Oct 31, 2022 9:55 AM
Mar 2020
idk what people are talking about animation this episode was way better than last episode's looping animation of exposition.
Oct 31, 2022 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
The situation is looking hopeless at the moment for the Soul Reapers. Four captains just lost their Bankai, and now Ichigo is unable to help them out since he's trapped. This episode did a good job of really showing the desperation and hopelessness of this conflict so far.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 31, 2022 10:06 AM

Feb 2016
Random recap was very odd and off putting, but in a way it kinda made the rest of the episode's pacing to elevate in urgency, but at the cost of a very inconsistent pace.

Really hoping this doesn't happen again.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 31, 2022 10:09 AM

Dec 2020
Im so happy that bleach is back and bring us this 4 officers komamura, hitsugaya, soi fon and kuchiki.
Good that kuchiki has stopped renji to use his bankai, i want to know wher rukia is.
Looks bad for Ichigo he got prisoned in the way to the Soul society.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 31, 2022 10:13 AM
Sep 2022
too many still images and speed lines, 5 minute recaps, 10/5
Oct 31, 2022 10:16 AM

May 2012
This episode was tense as hell, the imagery was out of this world. Bleach looks amazing in general.
Oct 31, 2022 10:18 AM
Oct 2022
The animation got better than last episode those who say otherwise are probably hatters
Oct 31, 2022 10:18 AM
May 2021
Good ep!! Ppl complaining about the recap yh it wasn’t needed but that didn’t make the ep bad! Plus ppl criticising the animation too.
Oct 31, 2022 10:23 AM
Oct 2021
Another great episode, I wonder if next episode we will see the ""Save the Soul Society, Ichigo Kurosaki"" panel!!!
Oct 31, 2022 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
another giga fire episode
Oct 31, 2022 10:31 AM

Oct 2022
Would have liked if the episode didn't start with a 3 minute recap, but I guess that's just to be expected for such shows.
Bunch of captains got their Bankai stolen and for some reason Ichigo is immune to it. Will be interesting to see how he can escape out of this.
Oct 31, 2022 10:33 AM

Apr 2021
The Big reveal!!! Quincies don't seal the bankai, they steal it!!! It was great to see all the captains in action but their bankai's were stolen. Here's the catch tho, Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen!!! But welp he's trapped now. In some sort of cage. Things are not looking good.
Anyways I can't wait to see next week's episode!!!!
Oct 31, 2022 10:35 AM
Jul 2014
I never imagined a day would come where I can see so much action from captain-level characters in one episode! My hairs stood on edge the entire episode and I literally shivered twice during the brief skirmishes of Captain 6, 8 & 10. I also had a hunch Fear would affect Renji since he's a lieutenant. I guess he wasn't affected since he's now (RIP Sasakibe, I have a feeling Sasakibe was the strongest) the 3rd or 4th strongest lieutenant!
This ending sure imparts an overwhelming sense of despair..... let's hold onto our breaths everyone!
Oct 31, 2022 10:37 AM

May 2016
Who's idea was it to have a 2+ minute recap of the past 3 episodes?

I enjoyed this episode a bit with how impressive the Quincy Blut ability is in fending off against Shikai and other additional scenes. Let's see if Can Du's ability will be explored more since it seems like something very redundant with the Blut ability.

But it seems like the anime dug its grave with a few claims like "We can't beat them without Bankai" and I talk about some characters coming up with that statement.

I really hate the Bankai Stealing Medallion as in story it will carry no importance as we will soon see.

Hope the fight against NaNaNa gets shown.
Oct 31, 2022 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
great action, cant wait for more
Oct 31, 2022 10:44 AM
Dec 2015
OK... Episode 1 and 2 are a 10/10, but episode 3 and 4 are a 5/10. The first two were better than the manga, they were an spectacle, but the latter two were much worse than the manga and just felt off. Everything feels truncated, the animation is mediocre for the most part (not talking about the art and effects, they did a good job with art consistency and such), the direction is extremely questionable... Well, the first half of the last arc is, in my opinion, the best part of the story - and this is my favorite shonen - and they are doing a bad job adapting it for the last 2 episodes... I REALLY hope they do better in the next three weeks, if they don't, I will, unfortunately, drop this. I waited 10 years and never once thought I would be disappointed with Bleach's return...
Oct 31, 2022 10:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What so they can even steal bankai?! The commanders battle was pretty but they got quickly stuck, even Ichigo didn't manage to escape from them and got jailed by the opponent even though they apparently can't still his bankai... Urahara didn't manage to take him down which is surprising actually
AshhkOct 31, 2022 10:53 AM
Oct 31, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2016
Nooooo, it ended so quickly... :( I wish anime episodes were also ~40 minutes each like most Western TV.

Somehow I expected more things to happen in this week's episode, but I'm still happy with what we got. Easy 4/5, excited for the next two episodes!
Oct 31, 2022 11:00 AM

Apr 2018
Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Still so fucking cool to see. Welp, they're getting overwhelmed even with their bankais.
Quincies OP

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 31, 2022 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
That was unbelievably epic episode!!
Oct 31, 2022 11:18 AM
Nov 2020
It brings back the vibes from Naruto when Pain invade Konoha, i dont read the manga but next episode should be lit cant wait !
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

581 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 14, 2022

694 by Listone »»
Mar 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.