Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2022 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
If ask me, this was their ultimate performance, for being able to stay together and united like this.

I thought it was a solid finale seeing the group on stage one final time. And not that just that, they looked together in union with their red outits in front of that big crowd. A fitting final episode imo.
Sep 25, 2022 5:29 AM

Feb 2020
Very good ending with a fantastic final performance.

I'm glad Moffy came back.

Overall, this was almost as great as the original Strike Witches. I loved the story and characters so much. :)

Definitely my favorite show of the season besides Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season.

I'll miss you, girls!

SerafosSep 26, 2022 12:13 AM
Sep 25, 2022 6:20 AM

Apr 2010
Well i came in this not sure what to expect i have seen and read much of the things from the Witches universe but i haven't seen much anime manga and novels about idols because it isn't my thing.
That being said tho i liked this anime it was funny to watch and now i think it's legit Witches entree tho it does seem like an attempt to attract some more fans to the franchise.

The episode it self was nice to it was obvious that Ginnie would regain her witch powers, like a certain medical withc.
Also Heidemarie made a appearance which is always a food thing.
Sep 25, 2022 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
Fantastic ending by using the top of the Arc de Triomphe as the stage for their concert.
I was really hoping that the entire 501st squadron will appear during the concert. Unfortunately, they did not appear at all, oh... except for Sanya.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 25, 2022 6:47 AM

Jul 2011
When you recognize some of the dignitaries.

My girl, Heidemarie appeared. I very happy now.

I wonder with Prinzessin appearing that means, 506th is the next to be included in the World Witches project.

Is incredible that every night witch and familiars became repeaters.

Was good everyone even with minimum screen time being showed in the end.

So I guess Ginny lost the power to send transmission with all Moffy magic spent.
Sep 25, 2022 8:15 AM

Sep 2009
I relly liked that they fid not go ham on the idol staff and tried to make this series more like other WW installments. I do not mind if we'll see another season of it, though, I am a bit concerned about the cast as they already changed 3 members (they used new ones for the anime but still).
Sep 25, 2022 9:13 AM

Aug 2018
Wonderfull final episode. The only question I have now is what will happen to Ginny next? I tought they were planning to put Ginny in another squadron battling the Neuroi. What about that? Either way; I really do want to see how the Music Squadron will do in 1945. Luminous Witches sequel when? I don't feel like it's already over especially when they were wanting to put Ginny in another squadron and now while Ginny has her powers back, so there has to be a sequel in my point of view somewhere in the future.

While people already mentioned the small apearance of Hiedemarie and Sanya this episode, there was also a still image of the girls of Brave Witches (which I still have yet to see atm.) that were watching the performence.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 25, 2022 11:36 AM

Oct 2016
does someone remember this art? it kinda looks like the middle cards they used but i cant remember if this was ever in an episode, or if it is from somewhere else (found it on twitter)

Sep 25, 2022 12:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice, that was somewhat emotional how they got the support of everything around the world in the end, definitely worth it at that spin-off's ending.
Sep 25, 2022 12:41 PM

Jun 2017
It was a perfect ending, can't really complain.
Sep 25, 2022 1:50 PM

Nov 2019
Wonderful ending to the series

Ginny and Moffy's powers returning at full charge was an amazing sight, it was quite touching that everyone could see the performance, something the girls we're often discussing when it came to this live

The girls were brilliant, I'm gonna miss them :"3

8/10, a touching idol anime with all the emotional scenes on point~!
Sep 25, 2022 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
That was an interesting way to end their performance in Gallia, with Moffy making a return in full-sized form which, combining with Virginia again, caused her power to spike so much that it sent a transmission wave the world over, giving the people that the Luminous Witches have met on their journeys, as well as other witches that were active at that time, including Sanya once again, to either to able to listen or even watch the performance itself.

A shame that Moffy's true power was very short lived, as she went back to the round blob that everyone knows and loves. XD

Overall, I've taken a soft spot for this spin-off series. It's nothing great, but it's hard not to like the cast and their familiars with them as they sing at their best.

7/10 will be my final score and I will miss them.
Sep 25, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2021
No overall change in the end after all. Wish I had more context for stuff happening.

Sep 25, 2022 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
glad Moffy came back, and that's an amazing performance from everyone. Ginny has to grow her up again? lol

time for their first anniversary concert, and it's in the village where they first performed. I notice a lot more people are present now.

this is one of the good shows this season. 10/10
and also the first anime from this franchise that I was able to finish.
Sep 25, 2022 6:05 PM

Jun 2010
Not if there was a deep lore or whatsoever, but it feels this whole show just took a massive turd (or as anybody would name it: retcon) on it.

Positives:
- A few tie in were good and at first this was fine. Especially the Chelyabinsk part.

Moderately fine parts:
- The songs were fine... Which was an already existing song, those were perfect; but the new modern and over-cloned generic jpop shit could have been spared out.
- The animation was eh. Not always good, the 2.5D dolls were badly made, and a lot of stills were disproportioned (ep6, Maria's face as stressed out up high for instance).

Negatives:
- I expected to have answers why there weren't any mention of familiars before, through out Strike Witches, Brave Witches and a huge chunk of the World Witches. None happened.
- I expected to have a decently sized ending that would blend well to the estabilished chains of events, but made a megalomaniac move that should be mentioned at least once in any of the Witches Series after S1.
- The story went full circle with itself, as if none shall happened at all.

Not if there was much to expect from a WWS installment, but this was utterly bollocks and unnecessary and uncalled-for.

3/10
Sep 25, 2022 7:09 PM
Aug 2019
Really loved this anime, it was really cute and loved the message of it as well as the songs! Ginny for sure became one of my favorite Strike Witches characters along with Sanya, so I'm glad I watched this!
Sep 25, 2022 9:07 PM

May 2017
Not a big idol guy, so this one was just ok for me. OG Strike Witches music was the shit, had some real weight and power to it. Idol J-Pop. Eh.
A lot more could have been done with the idea of non-combatant witch units, along with using the power of music to bring peace and morale.
Still, liked the design and a few character moments. I would check out a second season, but I'm not clamoring for one.
Nice that it's been generally well received though and hope it spurs more World Witches anime. I don't want everything to be stuck in the Gacha game.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Sep 26, 2022 12:27 AM

Jul 2019
I wasn't originally planning on watching this, as I'm not a huge fan of Idol shows, but it being part of the strike witch's universe, the completionism part of me won out, and watched it anyway. And I was quite surprised, I enjoyed it more then I thought. Not my favorite SW series, but definitely had a lot of fun characters, and cute moments, just with Idol performances, instead of sky battles. Though I do miss the trademark fanservice, I get the whole Idol culture thing being the reason why it wasn't in this one specifically. Let's just hope they don't go that rough with future non-Idol entries in this show (thought I do distinctly remember brave witches having significantly less fanservice then it's strike witch's counterpart, so who knows, maybe they are trying to move away from that)

The animation budget was definitely much higher this episode then previous, as the 3d models weren't nearly as jarring this time around, which was nice to see for their final performance. Overall, a great finale to this entry. While I don't think we will get a sequel to the Luminous Witches, I can definitely see Ginny making an appearance in future series. Since this took place during the time of SW 1, and there were talks of her being placed in a combat unit, I can see her showing up already established in a new unit, in the present SW timeline.

My only real issue is the addition of familiars. It would be really weird if they started introducing them in all future content, especially with characters from previous seasons, as it would make rewatches really jarring, so have them make no reference to them, and then suddenly all our old characters are just running around with them, acting like they have been there all this time. Oh well, time will tell.

Best Girls this season were definitely Ginny Mana, and Jo!
Sep 26, 2022 9:12 AM
May 2017
It's like all World Witches series / movies. Absolutly perfect
Sep 26, 2022 9:32 AM
Jul 2011
the performance part is quite surreal
Sep 26, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2020
Gonna miss these girls and the show.

No fanservices, just wholesome and emotional moments.

Although to be fair, they clearly made this anime on a shoestring budget, but it's a decent one and I still thinks that this anime is the least "Shaft" anime because the only "Shaft"-ish episode is the Maria episode but the last concert is quite trippy though, reminds me of the trippiness of Uchiage Hanabi.

8/10. Would definitely want to see 503rd or 506th anime, I personally want to see Shaft doing them with higher budget.
Sep 26, 2022 10:33 AM
Aug 2022
real strike witches sequel when!!
Sep 26, 2022 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
EgatammaN said:
Gonna miss these girls and the show.

No fanservices, just wholesome and emotional moments.

Although to be fair, they clearly made this anime on a shoestring budget, but it's a decent one and I still thinks that this anime is the least "Shaft" anime because the only "Shaft"-ish episode is the Maria episode but the last concert is quite trippy though, reminds me of the trippiness of Uchiage Hanabi.

8/10. Would definitely want to see 503rd or 506th anime, I personally want to see Shaft doing them with higher budget.

Well why do you think the anime failed horribly commercially sales and streaming number viewer wise.

Merchandise wise it's also one of the worst, of the bunch from strike witches, literally no one wants their overpriced covered up girl figurines.

They took strike witches and basically butchered the franchise with this entry, well they deserve all the negative numbers for submitting to the usual folk.

All in all if this fanchrise continues this trend it deserves all the decline in sales and all, not gonna miss it.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Sep 26, 2022 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
this was a cute little idol show in the world strike witches
best part they actually wore pants(skirts) this time around

music was nice to listen to and the characters were enjoyable enough and the overall messaging behind those unable to fight trying to do something for the people in struggling times was nice to see they legit showed every single person they met and then some in this pretty ending lol

mixed on Ginny getting her powers back but whatever

6.5/10 i don't mind me some more strike witches
Sep 26, 2022 9:36 PM

Jun 2010
503rd JFW anime next PLZ!
Sep 26, 2022 10:33 PM

Apr 2021
Glad I was able to catch up on it. Even tho I'm not familiar to the World Witches series, this one's def underrated. It indeed satisfied my idol craving. 8/10

Oct 13, 2022 7:25 PM
Jun 2013
Nice finale to the series, and wouldn't mind seeing more of Luminous in the future. Course, problem now is where to take the franchise, since _Road to Berlin_ put the finishing point to the 501st's story, so if fans cannot tolerate other units OTHER THAN the 501st... then it's a problem with the fandom. Which of course w/o fans then the unthinkable happens and the franchise is dead...
Oct 16, 2022 10:04 AM

Aug 2018
Overall, I enjoyed this side story of Witches series a lot.. ;P I especially liked when series started to return to Witches often format with episodes dedicated to 1 or 2 witches.. I think Witches series it does the best.. So at the start it was a bit hard to get used to some of Witches.. But with time, I think, we got cast of Witches, who had their own enjoyable sides.. And that's the best about Witches.. The characters.. At least that's what I personally feel.. ;P Was nice to get another Witches installment.. And who knows.. Maybe 503rd wing was teased in this season, and maybe they'll be next main girls.. Who knows.. Either way, will be happy to see more of Witches series in the future.. ;P
Nov 24, 2022 11:33 PM

Nov 2009
Nice end.

And the stage is set up like a Super Bowl of sort, lol.

Kinda weird that they pretty much have all the spectators as orange-glow-stick-mens tho, but I guess drawing and animation hundreds of people would take too much.

Ginny getting the full power of Moffy allowed her to send the music to all other night witches, and they all did a amplify effect by sending out their own signals throughout the world so everyone with witch tech can see/ hear it.

___ ___ ___

Also... are they still going to transfer Ginny as a "combatant witch" since she got her powers back? (even if Moffy turns back to child form, Moffy still showed it can become an adult and give Ginny full Night Witch powers that's probably top tier, since the resonance is apparently a shock to the world, since they haven't seen a world scale Night Witch signal before)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*

More topics from this board

» Witches Pants?

LyraAnime - Sep 25, 2022

6 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:48 AM

Poll: » Renmei Kuugun Koukuu Mahou Ongakutai Luminous Witches Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2022

27 by vino1931 »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Renmei Kuugun Koukuu Mahou Ongakutai Luminous Witches Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

14 by amlg »»
Nov 24, 2022 11:09 PM

Poll: » Renmei Kuugun Koukuu Mahou Ongakutai Luminous Witches Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2022

17 by amlg »»
Nov 24, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Renmei Kuugun Koukuu Mahou Ongakutai Luminous Witches Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2022

14 by amlg »»
Nov 24, 2022 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.