Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 22, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like the series' finale went back to its roots with Kirishima enjoying his days of taking care of Yaeka. He's gotten to the point of being practically her surrogate father now.

I think it was a sweet episode just seeing Yaeka being herself around others. The flower scene was kinda bittersweet as a way of showing respect this episode.

Overall, enjoyed this show.

Jul 2017
LOLS, Kirishima and Sugihara goofing around is just the most comedic thing ever, trying to slice a finger off to atone for the former's sins.

Aoi interjecting about Kirishima's past and leaning onto Yaeka with the interest that the little lady has, all of those memories are in Aoi's house. Besides, Yaeka seeking an "atonement" with her wanting to understand a slice of his past, is Yaeka secretly breaking the 4th Wall here???

Anyhoo, Aoi's home is stock full of a well-rounded family: his beautiful wife Sanae, their energetic son Koki who's trying his best to hit on Yaeka, and their newborn Hina, which Yaeka got acquainted to fast. It's pretty evident that Aoi's closet is stock full of clothing that is once reminiscent of his former right-hand man job with Kirishima, and that in itself is funny.

Reminiscing back to the days of Yaeka being a newborn, Kirishima is left relegated to the babysitting job and taking care of the litte lady, as much as he could being new to the entire child-rearing affair on behalf of the Sakuragi family. Also, smol Yaeka with a smug face, that's the cutest face ever.

Yaeka wanting to buy flowers to give to her sickly mother still in a coma in hospital, and while the little lady got hers in typical fashion, the Kalanchoe (or Widow's Thrill) plant whom Kirishima saw as a kid, signifying the symbolic meaning of happiness to memories, that's for Kirishima's deceased parents, especially his mother who likes and takes care of her flowers, and most importantly, their language.

Kirishima's total facelift changed thanks to both Yaeka and the Kalanchoe plant, and despite his reckless past, he's ready to move on and become a better person, a better loser with his babysitting job that takes precedence over everything.

This is a great finale, no questions asked. But the whole show just felt OK-ish.
KANLen09Sep 22, 2022 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2022 7:22 AM

Apr 2020
One of my favorites of the season.
It's cast, animation and OST is adorable.
Kirishima might be the best anime dad of the year.
8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 22, 2022 7:36 AM
Jan 2020
Thus our babysitting anime (extra melodramatic) about Yakuza's who look like they're supposed to be singing the next hit K-POP song ends
Sep 22, 2022 8:11 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Sugihara and Kirishima got the boss mad with their noise xD.
Aoi also is here and he praises Sugihara.
Yaeka mini punching Kirishima after she nearly said he cried was SUGOKU KAWAII NANO DESU! (NIPAH!)
Yaeka wants to know more about Kirishima's past so Aoi invites her to his place to see old photos of him and to play with Koki and Hina.
When they arrive at his house, Koki seems energetic to see Yaeka and Aoi's wife sees Yaeka to be very adorable lol.
Koki asked Yaeka if she was interested in guys who are artists xD.
Hina is very happy in Yaeka's presence also.
Meanwhile, Kirishima has coffee all over him...
Aoi offers him a new pair of sunglasses but he wants to wear his old ones.
Then Yaeka finally gets to see Kirishima's old pictures and one of them is that scene of Yaeka sleeping on his leg lol.
Yaeka as a baby was SUGOKU KAWAII NANO DESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
The next day, Yaeka buys flowers for her mother.
She asks him if he will buy the flowers his mother likes for her and he goes to visit his parent's grave later.
I'm glad to see Yaeka have more friends and people to talk to now also.

This has been a great show and I will miss watching it every week.
Hope we get a season 2!
Rem4lifexDSep 22, 2022 8:19 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 22, 2022 8:15 AM
Oct 2017
Does anyone know what actually happened to kirishima's parents and how they passed away?
Sep 22, 2022 8:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, I just loved this show! I'm so glad that they didn't bother to unveil Mashiro-san's next plan or whatever, just stay away, ffs.

First half with Kirishima-san and Ojou to Aoi-san's house was very nice to see. Kaori-san was pretty and sweet, just as expected from the earlier flashbacks. I loved how the Kirishima-Ojou part overlapped with little Aoi-chan and Ojou, I'm totally down to see more of that. Koki-kun, meanwhile, making some small moves xD. Great to see the story behind that picture fully revealed here, little Ojou had style.

And the second half to end the show off on the perfect note! Ojou giving Kirishima-san that push to get the flower and confront his parents, especially his mother, after all this time was too precious ~

All in all, this has been an excellent watch. One of the best parent-daughter-like anime, imo, trailing only behind the likes of Ookami Kodomo and Amaama to Inazuma. Going to miss the ED theme a lot...

Well-deserved 8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 22, 2022 8:19 AM

Feb 2022
I was really hoping there would be a finger twitch from Miyuki at the end there.
Hmmm, i wonder what was in the papers Kazuhiko was reading before he moved them away.

Bit more backstory for Kirishima and Yaeka which was overly cute, shes always had him wrapped around her tiny pinky lol
Also more Kirishima and his parents and what happened to them /sad

All in all its been a good, fun series with some dark and serious moments, well worth the watch and i think ill have a look at the manga to see what happens
Sep 22, 2022 8:27 AM

May 2020
Definitely needs a season 2!!!

Baby Red Rika is so cute!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Sep 22, 2022 8:35 AM
May 2021
loved this wholesome anime ❤❤, 8/10
Sep 22, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2019
What an absolutely beautiful finale. Sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes. Don’t think I’ve had this many episodes of a one cour seasonal move me to tears other than VE

Just thinking of how far Yaeka and Kirishima have both come on their journey is wonderful. Kirishima really has become such a better person and it’s like we were right there with him. Yaeka has become more open to people and is making friends faster than ever.

I love how Kirishima didn’t want to swap out his sunglasses because they were a special gift from Aoi, even tho he’d never tell him that. He’s such a sweetheart really.

Yaeka telling Kirishima to get the flowers for him mom and then him going to visit his parents grave is really where I got emotional. I love the recurring theme of flowers in this series. It’s what brought Yaeka’s parents together and what helped bring Kirishima and his back together. Just a great finale. I’ll certainly be reading the manga.
Marinate1016Sep 22, 2022 8:57 AM
Sep 22, 2022 9:12 AM
Sep 2020
i hope this anime get a season 2, it's so much comfortable
Sep 22, 2022 9:13 AM
Oct 2016
Crying my way to the end of this show. Ending just as wholesome as it began. Yaeka reminiscing on all the people she's meet and gotten closer to throughout the show. How she's not feeling lonely anymore like she did at the start. Kirishima going to visit his parents grave made me tear up. The flashbacks to baby Yaeka and Kirishima was too cute! Yaeka with that smug baby face had me laughing. Going over to see Aoi house so he can show Yaeka some pictures of younger Kirishima since he doesn't want to talk about it willingly. A perfect place to go to for remembering old times and reflecting in a final episode. I've come to adore this show over these past months. Felt so many emotions watching Kirishima look after Yaeka. Its been scary at times and heartwarming at others. Tons of funny characters and great moments with them. Seeing our duo Yaeka and Kirishima grow closer got me beyond happy each episode.

85/100
Sep 22, 2022 9:14 AM

Mar 2021
This was an amazing finale , Baby Yaeka is just super cute and it was really sweet to see Yaeka ask Kirishima if he would buy the flowers for his mum.

I really hope we get a season 2
Sep 22, 2022 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
That was a strong ending very touching as well.
While i was hoping Yaeka's mother would wake up during some point of this anime that didn't happen still it was a very nice anime to watch, minus episode 4 off course but the rest was really good and it's sad to see it ending.
Let's hope we get another season.
Sep 22, 2022 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
More of a drama than healing anime.
Sep 22, 2022 9:30 AM

Jul 2011
What I hated about this ending is the basic hate many animes produce. Left loose ends while probably dont have plan for a season 2.
Like will Yaeka mother will wake up? What's up with official looking document?

At least showed how Tooru parents probably died, father was traffic accident, and mother had bad health and overworked. Basic anime ways to die.
Sep 22, 2022 9:30 AM

Jan 2012
A visit to Aoi's for more cute flashbacks, and reflections in front of Mom and Dad's graves with sad flashbacks for Kirishima as we end the series.

Well this series was pretty adorable, as it was meant to be, the last half of this final episode which was actually pretty sad and emotional not withstanding. I'd say Yaeka's dad was surprisingly my favorite character, what a badass. Some of the themes didn't hit too hard. For example, the white-haired evil dude with the mole under his one eye and his quest to make Kirishima evil again felt totally unneeded and didn't ever click with me. I never took that plot line seriously. That one random episode where they all get famous and it was all a dream was dumb as hell too. I honestly am amazed i even remembered it happened just now. But on the whole the series was enjoyable enough for a 7/10. I'd watch more if it came.

Speaking of, there is one thing I actually do care about so...alright manga readers, it's time to spoil my ass: DOES THE MOM WAKE UP FROM HER COMA???? I NEED TO KNOW!!! I know they were hinting bad news with how Yaeka's dad hid those papers, but we all know a series like this isn't gonna let her succumb. I feel like she probably won't wake up until the end of the series, which would be very cliche and disappointing. I'd give this series extra points if she wakes up and the series manages to still go on for a bit just because that would be unexpected and fresh. So like I said, manga readers, feel free to reply to my post with the answer..at least up to this point...in spoiler tags of course. I don't care about getting spoiled for this series, but someone else might.
Sep 22, 2022 9:35 AM

Mar 2012
gerald_tan said:
Does anyone know what actually happened to kirishima's parents and how they passed away?

I don't know, I can only write my assumptions after the scenes shown:
Father died in some accident. Mother from exhaustion, overwork or some illness
Sep 22, 2022 9:39 AM
Mar 2021
Great finale. Definitely better than Spy x Family.
Sep 22, 2022 10:25 AM
Aug 2021
wholesome
so very wholesome
yes
Sep 22, 2022 10:27 AM
Mar 2022
Este episodio contuvo escenas de la familia Kirishima muy emotivas, estuvieron bastante bien.
Sep 22, 2022 11:01 AM

Feb 2019
Great ending to a great show. This reminds me a lot of "My Roomate is a Cat" but Yaeka played the role of the lonely human owner and Kirishima played the role of the homeless/aimless cat.
Sep 22, 2022 11:08 AM

Feb 2019
BlichoBoy said:
What's up with official looking document?

The ones that Yaeka's dad hid when she came to talk to him...completely forgot about that by the end of the episode. Hopefully it wasn't bad new about his wife (although in real life a hospital would never just write you about something like that ...I hope at least)

They definitely seemed like they wanted to leave season 2 open...but shows like this rarely get a season 2 and there are plenty of them that deserve it...Hinamatsuri, Deaimon, My Roomate is a Cat
Sep 22, 2022 11:17 AM

Apr 2022
Happiness leaving my body after finishing the anime:
Sep 22, 2022 11:52 AM
Dec 2019
Aww, this show was so sweet! I'm so happy I decided to give this a go after spyxfamily. I feel a bit bad for saying it since I enjoyed spyxfamily too, but I think this one made me even happier, probably because there is less emphasis on comedy (except that one dream ep that was kinda meh for me). But in general there was less comedy and more emphasis on wholesome fluff and the childcare aspect than which just makes my heart more happy. I hope this gets more seasons someday😊
Sep 22, 2022 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
It's rather surprising that Yaeka has such an obvious and visible love interest, while Kirishima seems to be just a bro to the female character closest to him.
Sep 22, 2022 12:25 PM

May 2021
Good finale. The second half of this show was a bit more enjoyable than the first half where they kept inserting as many emotional moments as they could into one episode, resulting in it being very dull.

Sep 22, 2022 12:32 PM

Feb 2007
Yaeka has Kirishima completely whipped... And has had since she was a mere baby. :D
Sep 22, 2022 1:53 PM
Jul 2017
Incredibly cute, great balance between that and seriousness
Sep 22, 2022 2:02 PM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime! I love Kirishima, He is so handsome and perfect!!!
Sep 22, 2022 2:04 PM

Feb 2021
Kirishima and Sugihara got bonked by big boss man Kazuhiko lol. Yaeka was super cute the entire time with her adorable smiles and pouts. This final episode felt quite relaxed and a simple way to end the season. I think that the series overall wasn't the best but was still very enjoyable. Maybe we'll get a season 2?
Sep 22, 2022 2:14 PM
Nov 2021
Really liked this anime, glad it went wholesome at the end. Hope it gets a second season and the mom wakes up.
Sep 22, 2022 2:20 PM

Dec 2013
I thought it was going to be more of a bonding anime but it was mostly an "I can fix him" type of story, it was fine I guess.
Sep 22, 2022 2:20 PM
Mar 2015
Feel good one, it was nice
Sep 22, 2022 2:25 PM

Apr 2018
As a reader of its manga, i really loved and appreciated this adaptation. The representation was so adorable, that made me like this work even more! I cried and laughed a lot, and most important: Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari warmed my heart in every episode. ❤
Sep 22, 2022 2:33 PM

Apr 2018
Aimee27 said:
Aww, this show was so sweet! I'm so happy I decided to give this a go after spyxfamily. I feel a bit bad for saying it since I enjoyed spyxfamily too, but I think this one made me even happier, probably because there is less emphasis on comedy (except that one dream ep that was kinda meh for me). But in general there was less comedy and more emphasis on wholesome fluff and the childcare aspect than which just makes my heart more happy. I hope this gets more seasons someday😊

I think this dream part could be a special or ONA. Probably if it was something like that, people could enjoy it more. Like, in the anime didn't make sense at all. Actually, I think there's nothing like that on the manga, at least not the parts I've read that were translated in my country, so I can be wrong.
Sep 22, 2022 3:20 PM

Jan 2016
Muito legal, curti.
Sep 22, 2022 3:41 PM
Jan 2022
Season 2 can't come fast enough!
Sep 22, 2022 4:06 PM
Mar 2021
One of the more comfortable but also very wholesome anime s i have seen in ages . also heartbreaking and certain moments
Sep 22, 2022 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
Aoi is such a great dude!

I absolutely loved this anime. Really wholesome but with some heart-crushing and dark moments.

I hope we get a second season! I may jump into the manga tho
Sep 22, 2022 4:50 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty damn good and one of the better anime this season, wholesome childcare (this time, with a little twist) anime are always welcome as far as I'm concerned. 8/10.

Sep 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Nov 2011
How the hell are they going to end this anime like that and NOT announce a season two immediately after???

God damn there's so many questions I want answered and things to be wrapped up.
Mainly from this episode; what were those papers the boss was hiding???

Great episode though and a fantastic anime overall.

9/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 22, 2022 5:15 PM

Feb 2019
will there be a season 2?
heck, now i wanna get my hands on the manga and read the series! lol
there better be a second season; that guy can't just say something ominous like that and just leave us all hanging!!
Sep 22, 2022 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
season 2 please... i need to cry with more sugar :'D
Sep 22, 2022 5:47 PM
Dec 2021
hoping for s2
the show is good
Sep 22, 2022 6:02 PM

Feb 2017
aww :( this anime was so great, i hope there's gonna be a s2

my only complaint about tjis show is that episode 4 exists

placeholder text
Sep 22, 2022 6:03 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m glad we ended on a wholesome note, I really enjoyed the visit to Aoi’s home, he has a really nice family and his friendship with Kirishima is great, I also loved the bit where Koki tried hitting on Yaeka lol, rip Kirishima’s white shirt tho. And the flashback to baby Yaeka and Kirishima playing together was super sweet, loved the little smug looks from Yaeka too lol, they’re the same as they are now. And ending off on Kirishima visiting his family grave and showing some flashbacks of his mom was really nice, definitely had to fight some tears during that bit, Kirishima is a good lad. Then the final shot of Kirishima and Yaeka meeting on the street and her note to her mom was a great place to end on.

This was a fantastic show, a very nice wholesome fill for the season. The yakuza aspect combined with babysitting worked very well, the show is mostly wholesome but having the yakuza element definitely added some intense moments which helps the show shine, the contrast to the yakuza business and the sweet moments when Yaeka and Kirishima were together was great, it definitely enhanced the SoL for sure. Kirishima, despite being a yakuza, was a super nice lad and Yaeka was just the cutest thing ever, and the side characters also added a lot, they really helped the show feel alive, not just Kirishima’s fellow yakuza but also Yaeka’s little friends.

We also got a banger of an OP as well as an absolute jam that is the ED, they were both nice songs that really fit the show, two favorites of mine this season for sure. And this show was a favorite for me as well, I would love to see this get a Season 2 not just for more wholesome goodness, but also because of open plot points like Miyuki being in a coma as well as Mashiro’s business. I’m also glad this filled the void that Spy x Family left, just in time for Part 2 to come out as well, so I have that to thank this show for as well!
Sep 22, 2022 6:05 PM
May 2017
Very good! Cannot wait for a second season.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2022

93 by Epiroogu »»
Mar 9, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2022

115 by Epiroogu »»
Mar 9, 8:24 AM

» Any Hopes For Season 2?

Penguatix - Sep 22, 2022

11 by Sherlock_Friegen »»
Feb 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2022

36 by LazyLoops »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:25 AM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

63 by imoutofanatic »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.