Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2022 5:31 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty much an episode that foused primarily on our two main leads.

Tbh, Mizuto seems somewhat anxious this episode as part of the pair. Hope he can survive the final few episodes lol. And oh that kiss..cute but kinda felt underwhelming.
Aug 31, 2022 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
One of the best episodes so far since it explains why they dislike each other so much.
That being said tho when will they put their differences aside right now their behaviour just seems like pure stubbornness, either put your differences aside and become siblings or admit that you still have feelings for one another and become lovers again.
Since the start of this anime the mains have been trying their hardest to annoy each other and at some point they have to admit that they will be living together for a while.
And since their parents are together they will be seeing each other for a long time to come if this stays up their family social gatherings will be really awkward in the future.
Aug 31, 2022 6:25 AM
Apr 2022
I mean it was just a misunderstanding after all, but the problem and conflict grew bigger and bigger time after time until a unfixable point. Now I understand why they didn't like each other.
Aug 31, 2022 6:25 AM
Apr 2022
The end makes me kinda speechless..if you both want to make up for the past then why making it up NOW? Bed is right there yo….
Aug 31, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2019
Finally the backstory that we waiting for...

Hey Iggy, what you doing here? LMAO

Bruhh she not even apologized??? come on bitch.

Aug 31, 2022 6:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this was a genuinely good episode.

It's hilarious how the circumstance changed to finally reflect on their past, xD. Didn't think it'd be that close in time though, both seem to have oddly matured quite a bit in appearance in the meantime.

As for the relationship, it's totally understandable how awkwardness could kill off a relationship but not apologising even once is not nice at all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 31, 2022 7:04 AM
May 2022
Another decent asff episode.
We go to see Yume and Mizuto kiss when they were an actually couple. They behind their Third year and turn out it different classes both sad make a promise to always meet after school in the library and make a promise to meet on other days like Christmas, festivels and valentines.
Yume then tells Mizuto she made a friend.

Mizuto is happy abt yume making a friend but soon the her friend become the only thing she talks about, often gets late to meet him in the library and spend less time on weekends. Mizuto then one day while walking back gets angry which causes a missunderstanding between our couple. Mizuto the very next day decides to apologise for his actions while meeting yume after school but by the time she comes she see’s Mizuto talking to some other girl about books in her seat which enrages her Mizuto apologises for yesterday but Yume talks about how he is friendly with the other girl and probably talking to her daily while she was late.

They now then have a apparently have had a big misunderstanding but none of them takes the initiative again to resolve and they both don’t contact each other during summer break, Christmas or Valentines thus breaking the Promise they made ;(
Eventually on graduation day Mizuto Asks to break up and Yume bluntly just reply’s with yeah.

8.5/10 Somewhat sad episode😔🥺 but we got to know both Mizuto and Yume wanted to 😏😏 but didn’t because he was shy and yume was nervous and looked on guard.
Eee can’t wait for the next!!
Aug 31, 2022 7:08 AM
Dec 2014
A much better episode tackling the immaturity of middle school relationships and, the painful breakup.
Aug 31, 2022 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
The last minute made it worth watching this episode. It was funny watching them blame the other for chickening out.
Aug 31, 2022 7:33 AM

Apr 2020
A flashback episode that almost felt like a filler about Mizuto and Yume's relationship and things that led to their breakup. You know I am laughing all around this episode because the way things went was so fixable. Yet at the same time I realize that shit do happen in a similar vein and it's not as uncommon as a pleb might think. Either way their first chat with each other as siblings is funny.
Aug 31, 2022 7:35 AM
Aug 2022
THE REASON FOR BREAKUP
IN MANGA AND ANINE IS DEFERENT.
😕😕
Natsuo7Aug 31, 2022 9:32 AM
Aug 31, 2022 7:40 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yume comes over to Mizuto's house. Seems she was expecting something...else to take place since she was in his room but it didn't.
She got prepared for a kiss...but Mizuto said it was time for her to go home xD.
When she went home though seems Mizuto was annoyed with himself for not doing anything also lol.
They both got put in different classes and Yume was sad that she probably wouldn't be able to make any friends and it wouldn't be fun without Mizuto.
They promise to spend important days like Christmas together though.
The next day, Yume tells Mizuto that she made a friend and that after dating him, she doesn't seem to be that shy anymore.
She looks for a book that her friend reccommended her.
And it seems she hangs out with her friend a lot more after that and talks about them a lot too...
Mizuto tells Yume he isn't interested in her friend.
But he thinks he was too harsh and should apologise to her the next time he sees her.
When Yume comes to see Mizuto, there is a girl next to him asking for book recommendations...
He apologises for what he said to her the other day and then says that he feels they are drifting apart.
Yume then gets mad at him and accuses him of talking to that girl she saw everyday. Of course, she is misunderstanding the situation and she even knows that herself.
But she can't get past the fact he was talking to girl in 'their spot' even though Mizuto didn't mean anything by it and has only talked to that person once.
She runs into Mizuto at the public library and they sit down to talk about their current situation. Mizuto feels that their reconciliation was empty though as she didn't even really apologise.
Yume didn't invite Mizuto to the festival but was hoping that he comes to find her there...

The day of their first anniversary is here and Mizuto still hasn't texted her (Honestly, why do people make such a big deal out of stupid things like anniversaries anyways lol).
From that point onwards, they drift further apart.
Mizuto and Yume agree to break up.
And woah, Kimi no suizou wo tabitai novel was shown!

THAT'S WHY BEST GIRL IS HIGASHIRA!
Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 31, 2022 7:47 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 31, 2022 7:48 AM
Apr 2022
how has this anime been, anything special?

I watched the first two episodes when it was released and didn't seem interesting, how are the later episodes?
Aug 31, 2022 7:52 AM

Sep 2019
Man, the reason they fought and broke up is so stupid that I had no emotional investment in this episode, OMEGALUL.
Aug 31, 2022 8:12 AM

Jan 2021
Considering their age, it's understandable how all of that would lead to a breakup, but it's still annoying to see something so fixable fall apart. I guess this is also common in real relationships as well.

Aug 31, 2022 8:35 AM
Aug 2021
I guess it’s just your typical youth love, and some unfinished business. If one of them were willing to take a step and open up the rest is history. I wonder what’s gonna happen in the next 3 episodes, something big must change between the two.
Aug 31, 2022 8:50 AM

Aug 2020
this episode quit peaked my interest. The reason why they broke up has happened a lot irl too. Relatable i guess. Now they have been given a second chance, but as a brother-sister relationship. Who knows what will happen.. 🙄

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 31, 2022 9:07 AM
Feb 2022
I enjoyed to see their past back when they were dating
Aug 31, 2022 9:09 AM
Mar 2019
feel bad for them to break up like that. It actually happen irl
Aug 31, 2022 9:13 AM

May 2021
NO IRIDO-KUN STOP READING THAT (if you know, you know)

Aug 31, 2022 9:16 AM
May 2019
MadLadOfCulture said:
A much better episode tackling the immaturity of middle school relationships and, the painful breakup.

"Middle school relationships" you say? Pretty sure adult relationships break up over similarly petty things related to lack of communication.
Aug 31, 2022 9:23 AM
Sep 2015
This episode confirms that their relationship won't work out, they better stay as brother/sister. In relationship means you've to be ready to be compromised. Both are clearly not ready, and possibly never will.
Aug 31, 2022 9:24 AM

Sep 2018
That was a great and relatable episode.

Being in love seems so blissful, but it surfaces so many negative emotions at the same time, jealousy, possessiveness, pride ... the list goes on.

And under the weight of those emotions our hapless couple fall apart.

All it needed was a little courage and a willingness to take a leap of faith and things could have been so different.

Well, one thing's for sure, these two are still very much in love no matter how far that's buried under all the bad stuff.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 31, 2022 9:33 AM
Aug 2022
Natsuo7 said:
THE REASON FOR BREAKUP
IN MANGA AND ANINE IS DEFERENT.
😕😕

MANGA STORY AND ANIME STORY IS DIFFERENT
Aug 31, 2022 9:34 AM

Dec 2021
They picked the wrong romance light novel right there. Yume have to be a sickly girl if she wants to be like Sakura from KimiSui. I would personally recommend for both Mizuto and Yume to read the Oregairu LNs and see how Hachiman goes through this.

That stupidity the entire episode like might as well change the title to "Irido-kun and Ayai-chan can't communicate". I can't believe I have to use this infamous quote in this case... Do you guys have phones??? Sure they do have but man use it the way it's meant to use it. Simple communication could've fixed this problem instead of waiting for months doing nothing instead of trying to talk and fix the issue themselves.

This is just painful to watch at the same time, was actually laughing on how stupid those two are. Higashira is the best girl on this show hands down!
Aug 31, 2022 9:48 AM
May 2019
TovarishTony said:
They picked the wrong romance light novel right there. Yume have to be a sickly girl if she wants to be like Sakura from KimiSui. I would personally recommend for both Mizuto and Yume to read the Oregairu LNs and see how Hachiman goes through this.

That stupidity the entire episode like might as well change the title to "Irido-kun and Ayai-chan can't communicate". I can't believe I have to use this infamous quote in this case... Do you guys have phones??? Sure they do have but man use it the way it's meant to use it. Simple communication could've fixed this problem instead of waiting for months doing nothing instead of trying to talk and fix the issue themselves.

This is just painful to watch at the same time, was actually laughing on how stupid those two are. Higashira is the best girl on this show hands down!

People always seem to want the other person to reach out first (especially women expect men to text/call first). The "stupidity" is surprisingly common.
Aug 31, 2022 9:53 AM
Nov 2020
Is it just me or is Yume the one who is mainly at fault, as she expects Mizuto to do everything while making no effort herself
Aug 31, 2022 10:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah the first kiss huh always a bliss. But the insight into Yume's first visit to Mizuto's house and room was pretty nice. Even back then Mizuto's collection was impressive. Twin tails really suited Yume back then. But back then looks like both were placing too much pressure on themselves. Not to mention the sense of jealousy that both had as well. Though it was sad seeing the two break up when a little openness would have helped solve their problems at the very least being able to meet again while learning from their mistakes is indeed a blessed opportunity for the two. Overall this ep did an excellent job of showing what it was like for the two when they were dating as well as the events that led to their split and I have to say it was quite sad. But given what happened since then I would say that its not impossible for that to be reverted somewhat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2022 10:38 AM
Apr 2017
Oh jesus this episode hit really hard. Please people, if you are in relationship - talk to each other, communication is vital point of relationship.

Episode was too much slice of life seriously
Aug 31, 2022 11:00 AM
Mar 2020
legit and decent breakup backstory
Aug 31, 2022 11:17 AM

Feb 2007
Ah, these kids... Too young, mistakes were made, and they didn't yet know how to handle those, but it's clear they truly did love each other, and no matter how it ended, still do deep inside.

And that ending... Yeah, just do it already! :D
Aug 31, 2022 11:33 AM
May 2020
ayai a lil bitch for accusing my guy of cheating. I'd air her as well if i was in that situation
Aug 31, 2022 11:37 AM

Nov 2017
well the whole episode a backstory

that ending was funny though

plz @ me
Aug 31, 2022 11:48 AM
Mar 2015
Their breakup was really painful since it stretching almost their entire last year in JH
Aug 31, 2022 11:49 AM

Apr 2016
Come on, Yume didn’t even try to fix things and that’s the worst of all things in a relationship that’s having such problems. In my eyes, she’s completely at fault.
Aug 31, 2022 11:49 AM
Jan 2021
tbh my favourite ep so far
Aug 31, 2022 11:52 AM

Sep 2020
I just wish the reason behind how they got into a fight could be a little better then this episode would be near perfect!
Aug 31, 2022 12:00 PM

Feb 2007
SGCS said:
NO IRIDO-KUN STOP READING THAT (if you know, you know)

I have no idea what you could possibly mean. *whistles* And nothing has changed about the screencap, not at all...

It's even worse if you consider Yume's original looks...
Aug 31, 2022 12:04 PM

Jan 2022
ngl I was falling asleep during the episode but they broke up because Yume was jealous that he was talking to another girl?? All they talked about was a book too, it wasn't like they were flirting. He even apologized so I don't know why she was still upset with it all. She was the only one that needed to move on and get over it. She expected so much out of him but didn't communicate what she wanted. I now have a bigger reason to dislike Yume. This episode was so silly. They both admitted they were ready for the next step tho
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 31, 2022 12:17 PM
Mar 2022
oh god after watching this I am just happy thay btoke up. seriously that damn girl don't even wait to think for a second for what Mizuto was trying to say and he was scared of losing her . She don't deserve him in any logic.
Aug 31, 2022 12:17 PM

Jul 2017
this whole ep can be summed up in one word
women ☕️
Aug 31, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was a good insight into what caused Mizuto and Yume's relationship to inevitably break apart and, to be honest, it's pretty relatable in a way.

Especially at the age that they both were at the time, it's all too easy for one or the other to make a dumb assumption and then act upon it without questioning if the assumption itself was correct or wrong. It unfortunately caused a small rift between the two of them that got larger and larger. Mizuto did his best to try and reconcile the relationship, but any attempt that's half-hearted would certainly be doomed to fail and that was the case here.

It's all too easy to criticise them both for their mistakes (especially for Yume after seeing the girl talking to Mizuto at her sacred spot in the library), but there's no denying that adults have their own stupid and careless mistakes and assumptions that lead to their own downfall. Getting frustrated at them both for letting their relationship fall apart is pretty natural here, as it would be in real-life relationships and those affiliated with either of them.

Who knows if they'll ever revive their feelings for each other or not, but I can only hope that both Mizuto and Yume and be on better terms with each other.
Aug 31, 2022 1:15 PM

Feb 2016
Great ep, such 'backstory' happens often irl, cant blame.
Aug 31, 2022 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
Their break up seems a cliche and silly to me. They both can't be honest each other and this leads to misunderstanding and they also expecting/hoping the others will provide something cannot. So in some way either one can be at fault but the way Irido just sits round and read really irritates me, he's like a pathetic loser.
Aug 31, 2022 1:37 PM

May 2019
So now we know why and how they broke up but I think Yume should have apologized for accusing Mizuto of cheating on her, especially since Mizuto apologized a couple of times. At least the ending was kind of funny, too bad they didn't make out then lol.
Aug 31, 2022 1:55 PM

Jun 2021
10/10 this episode, masterpiece romcom
Aug 31, 2022 1:59 PM

Dec 2015
I'm so happy they are finally getting into their past and how they broke up. Movie date sure, but reading a book together sounds even better. Never seen the movie so still need to read that novel. I love the pan to the "You're the One Who Started It" when Yume is defending herself XD.

23:21 Yeah that's pretty much the case.

I don't blame them too much though. Some people older than them can't even manage a relationship.
Aug 31, 2022 2:33 PM

Jul 2017
The backstory of Mizuto and Yume as a couple before their breakup, life was bliss for the both of them early in their courtship.

Mizuto's room again, full of novel references (the Pancreas one is definitely a noteworthy novel and movie), and to Yume, the relationship that she admires of is of the typical kind, and yet Mizuto can't bring it across to her for being a coward. Again, typical relationship heartpangs that still create opportunities to ignite love.

The point where the relationship took a dive: Yume making friends that actually help her social anxiety, but turn the focus away from Mizuto. It's clear that he's jealous of her friendship, though this thus created the conflict that became irreversible, such as the case of Mizuto talking to other girls that Yume accused him of speaking that sparked her outcry.

With so much misunderstandings and priorities went good but gone astray, the two slowly try to make up, but it's the body cues that already speak of the relationship in distant arrears. And though the festival was a good way for the both of them to patch up, it didn't end up working all that well. Even with the fast-forward of events, both Mizuto and Yume were back to their old life's habits before they knew it, and for a year's worth of relationship, this is such a superficial one that the break-up was inevitable, before their life as step-siblings would eventually arrive.

It's just sad that the relationship didn't work all that out, and I definitely understood how much conflict they had. Though now as step-siblings, they can fight for all we care.

For once, this is a really good episode, a lot of introspection.
Aug 31, 2022 3:09 PM

Feb 2021
Damn this episode was actually pretty well done.

The story of Yume's first time in Mizuto's house, their first kiss during christmas, and the story of how they broke up, were all told in volume 1, yet the anime only shows it now, on an episode that's basically all dedicated to flashbacks. Wasn't expecting that but I'm glad it was pretty well done.

Another LN reference, this time it's the novelization of Makoto Shinkai's movie "I wanna eat your pancreas"
Aug 31, 2022 3:15 PM
Jun 2021
I'm gonna have to side wurh Mizuto on this one. Pf course, there's nothing wrong with having friends, but just talking about them can make the other person feel exhausted or, like in Mizuto's case, excluded.

Second of all, while it is true that they met at the school library and it's an important place for both of them, it's still a place where people go to on a daily basis. Yume definitely exagerated with that whole "my chair" thing.

Of course, I'm not saying that it's all Yume's fault. Mizuto should've made the first move for some things. However, Yume's mistake was to expect him to make the first move, instead of making it herself.

The only way I can summarize this episode is "Women☕"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

194 by Cyruser »»
Jan 14, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

112 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:28 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2022

102 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.