Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like we got the exam stuff happening after all. Surprisingly, Lilia is rather clever this time around compared to her usual self.

Alto seems to have improved over these past few months as well although I guess part of the reason is also because of Vermeil's presence and influence.
Aug 30, 2022 7:40 AM

Jul 2020
Yeah yeah of course Alto shattered the crystal, who could see that one coming, huh. Now, the writing exam is gonna be a bit more challenging I guess.

That green haired guy is quite an intriguing character, can't wait to see more of him. And it looks like we're definitely seeing more of him next week.

Not sure what the student council president meant when she said a human x demon love is a miracle and miracles do not exist, Alto's love looks pretty existent to me lol. I like the council president's character as well though, can't shake the feeling that she's about to pull something crazy real soon

And of course, Vermeil is as horny as ever and Alto still can't say no to her
I liked this episode very much actually
Aug 30, 2022 7:58 AM
Oct 2020
I feel bad for that guy. Was having a bad day already but then a platinum square gives him hemorrhoids. The platinum square absolutely didn't need to make him bleed from his ass. Also crystal breaking wow never seen that before. I wonder if the one who aced every test was the president?
Aug 30, 2022 7:59 AM
Jun 2019
It was so predictable that Alto shattered the crystal but I don't care.
Doing it the hardest way I didn't expect.
Still hoping the other Platinum Square isn't evil.
Aug 30, 2022 8:01 AM

May 2021
Great episode! The mana flame test has now begun and...it starts off pretty slowly with no one able to increase the flame size by transferring their mana. Then Lilia's turn is next and she seem to know the trick to directly transfer mana to the flame!
She does very well and passes the test.
Next up is an overconfident idiot from another school who manages to pass also.
Iridescence does amazing too!
But...Marcus barely passed xD.
And last up is Alto...
Alto notices the crystal isn't normal and that the construction of it is complicated.
So he moves position and sees the point where the formula will direct the mana directly into the centre.
Seems this is the real test-to see if you can decipher formulas well or not.
Vermeil tells him it isn't the right spot however and he looks around again until he finds the correct one.
He pours so much mana the flames turn silver! And in the most difficult spot according to the examiner!
He keeps on pouring more mana in and then Vermeil tells him not to hold back...
He cracks the crystal!!!!!
He apologises a lot to the examiners but it seems that is for nothing as he gets told instantly he passes!
Next is the written test however.
Marcus has a secret weapon for the written exam! It got him past Ortigia's entrance exam...a lucky 6 sided pencil??!
Iridescence tells them that there is a person who got all the questions right on bronze, silver and gold square exams.
Vermeil kisses Alto in the meanwhile to 'give him mana' even though he doesn't need it for the written exam lol.
The overconfident idiot seems to hate Alto for his amazing practical result...
He is stabbed by Iolite who will use his name...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 30, 2022 8:14 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 30, 2022 8:01 AM

Jun 2021
I knew the test wasn’t gonna be that easy. Let’s go Lilia! Loved that face she made when was like “Yes!” Lol. I liked Marx’s little familiar waving it’s little flag cheering Marx on. I thought the guy was gonna pop from the way he was straining himself haha. Gotta love how everyone was talking about Vermeil’s boobs. Yes gents, they ARE ginormous lmao. Anyways, nice one Alto! Our boy seemed to recognize the magic formulae on the crystal.…aaand he’s smashed it lol. Definitely passed.

That’s one hell of a picnic. What a spread! I’m not even a little surprised to find Marx’s secret weapon was something that silly. Classic Marx!

Alto needs to recharge with a little Vermeil time before the exam lol. But man, with Iolite sneaking into the exam and sitting next to Alto, things are gonna pop off. Plus, the student council pres is def up to something. I do NOT trust that girl one bit.

Next week is gonna be chaotic.
Aug 30, 2022 8:10 AM

Jun 2019
Well... we already knew that the crystal will shatter in the typical anime fashion but it was still cool. Also, loved their kisses as always. Vermeil is too horny but is so lovable. And, the enemy is even closer now.
Aug 30, 2022 8:19 AM

May 2021
Almost forgot Alto was something of a genius, while having a fuck ton of mana. They were just showing off lol.

Aug 30, 2022 8:45 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode adapts the rest of chapter 13 as Alto passes practical portion of the Bronze exam with flying colors by shattering the crystal after dumping a lot of mana into it. Alto and his friends celebrate by having a small picnic and after that Alto and Vermeil make out again. Even though he doesn't need mana for the written portion of the exam, it will be useful for what happens next because mommy Vermeil knows best. Alto makes it to the testing site in the nick of time to find his seat for the written portion of the Bronze exam, but not before the main antagonist Iolite The Magician of Heaven's Command sits right next to him undetected.

The calm before the potential storm in this episode.
Aug 30, 2022 9:13 AM
Sep 2021
Amazing Episode!
Aug 30, 2022 9:48 AM
Nov 2016
Outstanding pacing with the test and the everglades of student life that would see our couple increase in intimacy.
Aug 30, 2022 10:06 AM

Jul 2021
Of course they end it like that. But that dude just killed a student like that just to obtain his ID, bruh. RIP that student, quite a sad and painful way to die. People won't even find him until the exam ends probably.

Yeah the crystal shatterd, it went just as I expected.

I just realised I feel so angry whenever I see the student council president.

Alto's mana output is on-par or maybe more than a platinum square but are his skills? For some reason trouble always spawns whenever Alto and Vermiel are seperated. We'll probably get a fight in next episode and I'm just hoping Alto somehow holds out, man's got enough mana too, thanks to Vermiel onee-san.

Just 3 episodes left though and animes like these never get a second season. I hope they end it at a good time with no mind-fucking cliffhanger.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 30, 2022 12:33 PM
Jun 2012
The fact that I knew he was going to break the crystal.
Aug 30, 2022 12:43 PM

Feb 2011
Good ep, but its going to suffer from the 12ep curse. I'm glad to see new interaction, but this anime isnt worth picking up a manga. It's a good show, but i'll never be hooked enough to continue it to see these new issues take place.

Aug 30, 2022 12:50 PM
Feb 2018
Alto and Vermeil are not just master and familiar anymore they a couple and his the pushover boyfriend. i surprised more wasn't made of him breaking the crystal
Aug 30, 2022 1:29 PM

May 2020
Leaving aside how dreadfully obvious the whole practical exam was, seeing those surprised pikachu faces just never get old, never.

Also I just realized it's Hanazawa Kana voicing the student council president lol.
Aug 30, 2022 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
Alto crushing the crystal was pretty cool. Even better doing it the hard way (thanks to Vermeil's encouragement) after he figured out how the test worked.

"She's ginormous" lol. Not even the proctor could avoid commenting on them.

I loved Lilia's "Yes" after doing well on the test xD.

Elena continues to be difficult to figure out, but I certainly don't dislike her. And of course she had to jinx it.

Just when I thought the blond guy from another school was going to be relevant, the crazy guy kills him wtf. And when he said he was going to take his name, I thought the logical thing would be for him to transform into him but he just showed up like that. Totally not suspicious lol.
Aug 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Feb 2018
gonna be immediately suspicious since the other guy didn't turn up
Aug 30, 2022 2:49 PM
Jun 2019
getting better by every episode
Aug 30, 2022 3:08 PM
Mar 2022
This is amazing! El antagonista finalmente aparece, esperemos que Alto pueda superarlo de alguna manera.
Aug 30, 2022 3:14 PM

Aug 2017
Holy shit that was pretty gruesome. Will Alto be able to beat the killer without Vermeil?

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 30, 2022 3:16 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
random: kid: "did you bring your mommy to the exam"
lol I had a good laugh at that.
Aug 30, 2022 3:44 PM

Feb 2022
hubiera estado mejor si habian mas pruebas fisicas pero ta bien
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Aug 30, 2022 5:20 PM
Oct 2015
I love that Vermeil encourages him. She's empowering and supportive without being overbearing or forceful.

Also that murderous platinum square, what's his deal? Why does the show give us no content for his motivations? mysterious is one thing, vague is another.
Aug 30, 2022 6:39 PM
Aug 2021
I'd like this plataform so much.!!
Aug 30, 2022 7:54 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As expected, Alto blew up the crystal ball, but it was a cool moment when Vermeil said to scare the hell out of them lol, and I also really liked Lilia’s moment during the test, getting the highest score in the moment and her reaction was funny.

And sadly that one dude who also passed the test was an unfortunate victim of that bitch star eyed guy, I hate this man lol. Also Vermeil holding up Alto’s exam for a make out session was great too. And lastly there was some decent shower fanservice between the student council girls, always nice to see.
Aug 30, 2022 10:01 PM

Feb 2021
This episode was reminding me of a typical shounen lol
Aug 31, 2022 12:23 AM

May 2019
Good episode, liked seeing Lilia pass the first test and celebrate. Alto also passed with flying colors. It's a shame that the one guy got killed by Iolite just so that he can collect his ID and sit next to Alto. Looks like a fight may break out next episode, hope Vermeil isn't too far away.
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM

Oct 2017
Alto aced the practical test, good for him. The kisses were hot. Prez showering scene was nice.
Aug 31, 2022 1:30 AM

Dec 2015
seriously? their security is that lax? i guess they don't have big badguys wandering in every exam to off somebody and take their place at the test. but wouldn't there be SOME form of ID verification other than just one tiny slip of paper? i mean folks DO hire stand-ins/ringers to take tests like that.

take a test... make out with Vermeil... take a test.., make out with Vermeil... yeah Alto, i feel your pain there bubba! i too would tongue wrestle with her till the very last minute! :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Aug 31, 2022 1:50 AM
Aug 2022
KiliianSleipnir said:
seriously? their security is that lax? i guess they don't have big badguys wandering in every exam to off somebody and take their place at the test. but wouldn't there be SOME form of ID verification other than just one tiny slip of paper?
Yeah you'd think it would be better, especially after one of their very own professors recently presented a huge security risk, and is still on the loose after springing from jail lol. I guess it's best to ignore oversights like that. Let Vermeil take our mind off of trivial things.
Aug 31, 2022 2:31 AM

Dec 2015
Apollo_Injustice said:
KiliianSleipnir said:
seriously? their security is that lax? i guess they don't have big badguys wandering in every exam to off somebody and take their place at the test. but wouldn't there be SOME form of ID verification other than just one tiny slip of paper?
Yeah you'd think it would be better, especially after one of their very own professors recently presented a huge security risk, and is still on the loose after springing from jail lol. I guess it's best to ignore oversights like that. Let Vermeil take our mind off of trivial things.

i'd bet an imaginary internet doughnut that Obsidian didn't escape. his co-conspirators probably broke him out so as to off him quietly and dispose of the body easily.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Aug 31, 2022 11:37 AM
Dec 2020
that was fun. the fact that a op character didn't hold backfor once made me happy, but still some more suspense in the exam.Hope alto will win against the platine guy, because clearly he is going to fight with him
Aug 31, 2022 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
The Bronze Exam, just like any exam, looks easy when it's not.

And the practical test of mana concentration...greatly proves that, that people like Lilia understood the assignment to earn top marks that is a disappointment for Ortigia Academy of Magic as a whole. But when it comes to Alto, his deep analysis captures the examiner's eye as the only one whom understood the real intentions of the exam, and it isn't a surprise that he would intentionally choose the most difficult spot for mana, because he can, and supply it all he could to break the crystal. Alto may be OP, but at least he has a reason to be OP.

After a picnic break of a session, it's some private hot time between Alto and Vermeil, and some good Jessica and Elena bathing scene. Nice. The written exam is next, and the Platinum Square Iolite found his way in somehow, taking over the outsider cocky brat in his name.

Even an average layman could tell that Iolite is trouble.
Aug 31, 2022 2:54 PM

May 2018
As expected Alto broke the crystal. I don't know why we spent half the episode on it though T_T
Aug 31, 2022 5:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow Alto even destroyed the crystal and got full score on the exam :o now it's time for the written part but the enemies are already at it killing one of the students to steal his identity, for sure it's gonna be tense next when they'll attack him directly
Aug 31, 2022 5:49 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
you know you've seen a ton of anime when you knew Alto was gonna destroy the crystal lol
Aug 31, 2022 9:50 PM
Mar 2022
It was pretty good
Sep 1, 2022 4:22 AM
Jun 2015
Normally, nothing else.
Sep 2, 2022 6:38 AM
Feb 2017
great amazing masterpiece
Sep 2, 2022 11:55 PM
Feb 2022
kjm ,l jhkmny jkhmn jkhmny jkmhn
Sep 3, 2022 7:55 AM
Jul 2022
fgfddvdfvdfvdsdfvc
Sep 3, 2022 10:25 AM
Feb 2020
The calm before the storm!
Sep 3, 2022 2:41 PM
Jun 2021
its quite good so far ...but it has the potential i can say
Sep 3, 2022 10:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh i see those eyeglasses man was a man of culture taking a good eye on Vermeil thingy. Vermeil and Alto-kun can 24/7 fuck each other, even on the loose. That's good. And i couldn't say much about those dude infiltrating the test very easily, rather than, holy shit, no security can hold them off, eh? Good actual shit, honestly...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 4, 2022 4:23 AM
Apr 2021
i love vermeil and ecchi damn so good
Sep 6, 2022 6:25 PM
Feb 2022
Alto parece que ya esta cerca de ser platinum square. Y por lo que escuche, se viene tremenda batalla.
Sep 9, 2022 12:16 PM

Mar 2010
THE ED Is too perfect.. I don't see how the lad will survive this assassination tho.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 25, 2022 8:35 AM

Feb 2021
He's really destroying the crystal XD.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 27, 2022 2:49 PM

Feb 2019
he sure lived up to expectations about their school.

i'm still on the fence about their student council president.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

141 by Andasu »»
Apr 15, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

185 by Red_Two »»
Apr 10, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2022

70 by samot-frt »»
Feb 22, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

55 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jan 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

140 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jan 31, 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.