Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, the real horrors revealed themselves and this turned into a battle for survival. Sharon is also back to kick some ass along with Ayano.

A bit of a sad episode too imo. Of course not everyone will survive sometimes. Seeing this anime head into the climax soon, it feels like this is just the beginning.
Aug 27, 2022 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
Well that’s an awesome opening scene

Damnnn miles transformation was insane. Seeing all 3 of the girls working together on the battlefield was awesome.

So Asomodeus took Shuu sister and tried to kill him? That’s crazy. I’m guessing she was his step mom or at the least his dad’s gf since Kanna is the proof of demon/human union they must have different moms. Asomodeus facial design reminds me of kisara.. I wonder if they’re related

Miles was basically Shuu’s adopted father and to have to go out that way is a shame. Tragic really.

Not a lot of fan service this week but a really plot heavy episode, fine by me.

Baby ayano and shuu are so cute!
Marinate1016Aug 27, 2022 10:34 AM
Aug 27, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
Miles is found out as the kingpin of the incidents involving the Demonically Possessed D Hazards, and to think that the traitor is an insider closest to them, Shu got his answer thanks to Sharon, that when deduced, unravels everyone's real motives and then some, especially when it comes to Shu's family that Mikhail is somehow suppressing information from. The assistant closest to Shu, has become the tool that betrayed him slowly and surely that has been accumulating right until this point.

Miles transforming into a Demon Possessed, and his powers are more fearsome than any other ordinary D Hazard. The only way to subdue him is for Kisara to literally suck all memories out of Miles, by hook or by crook if he wants to learn about Asmodeus's (Shu's mother) puppet, and glistening through his memories working with the other detectives to control the Demons with young Shu being the Gate to connect both humans and demons.

What a sad episode to see a trusty comrade befall into the wrong hands, trust can be broken with the slightest crack.
Aug 27, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Shuu asks Morgan why he sided with a demon.
Morgan says that Asmodeus is someone he owes greatly.
Shuu asks Morgan to apologise to his family and everyone he killed but it seems that he won't.
He turns into a demon!
Sharon turns up-Shuu set her free and she had 2 conditions for it.
He asks Kisara to erase Miles's memories and to take his own...
Morgan asks Kisara to take care of Shuu before he is shot by him.
Definitely quite a sad episode...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 27, 2022 10:36 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 27, 2022 10:50 AM

Feb 2021
Damn so Shu's mom was a demon all along and then she survived inside Mile's mind.

An wtf moment but kinda sad at the same time.

So it turns out Shu's little sister is half demon half human, so would Shu be the same as well? I'm kinda confused here.
Aug 27, 2022 10:56 AM
Aug 2017
This episode hits so hard. Turns out Miles was originally a good guy who has been held hostage by Asmodeus using his daughter's life and Shu's mother turns out to be Asmodeus.

Kisara definitely showed reluctance to consume Shu's memories in this episode, but she also put forth the question if Shu is alright to just stay on the sidelines and potentially watch someone get killed (probably referring to Ayano) like with Mr. Mikami, and Shu made his choice to join the fight.

The motives behind Miles are laid out and we saw that despite turning into a villain, he still cared for Shu.

The part which moved me the most was knowing that Miles was not responsible for Shu's family tragedy - it would have happened whether or not he accepted Asmodeus's offer. On the contrary, Miles is actually Shu's benefactor as he saved him from dying with his father in the mine, and even adopted him into his family.

However, Shu not knowing any of these, was full of hatred when he killed Miles. The ending scene where he feels sadness despite not understanding why is a good sign that Shu has not lost all of his human self.

I can only imagine how Shu will feel when he finds out from Kisara that his mother which turns out to be Asmodeus and had murdered his father.

Miles last words to Shu, and Shu not understanding his feeling of sadness after killing Miles which he thought is the enemy.

It turns out that Mikhail wasn't really an ally. He knew where Shu's sister is held captive but he tried to prevent Shu from finding out so that he can continue to manipulate Shu.

Now the question - is Shu half demon himself since his mother is Asmodeus? Why does Asmodeus only want Kanna and not Shu?

On the brighter side of things, we got to see how Ayano has been a shotacon that has been grooming Shu since he was a baby.

And Sharon is so good with her mouth.

Edit: Okay, so the idea is Asmodeus took over Sayuri at some point in time after Shu was born, so Shu is 100% human.

待ち望んだ最悪

キサラが悪魔から記憶を奪ったことで、12年前、シュウとその家族を襲った事件の真相が明らかになった。姿を変え、時を超え、百年以上前から世界各地を渡り歩き、悪魔憑きを生み出しては人間に害を為してきた悪魔「アスモデウス」。星天教会が仇敵として追い求める、災厄そのものようなその存在こそが、シュウの父を殺し、妹を奪った真の敵だった。さらにその悪魔は、ベイロンシティの繁栄の根幹たるオルゴニウムの根源にも関わっているのだという。事態はもはやシティの、いや、人類と悪魔の命運をかけた戦いに……。
DragonTheOneAug 31, 2022 5:50 PM
Aug 27, 2022 11:01 AM
Aug 2021
so shu's mom is the big bad villain demon she transforms to deceive shu's father so she can f to have children & get married? so let me guess then, she wanted a human-demon child that will be more powerful & will dominate/rule both demon world & earth but she made mistake shu was the op kid all along now he is going to blow away his mom?
Aug 27, 2022 11:02 AM
Dec 2014
Best Episode yet!
Aug 27, 2022 11:08 AM

Jun 2021
Mikhail knew where Shu’s family was the whole time? He’s a lot more calculating than I imagined. He’s just been using Shu. As for Miles, I can understand his betrayal. Sold his soul to the devil to fix his kid. But he’s got to pay for what he did, especially to Mikami.

Even with Sharon and Ayano working together, Miles is too powerful in his demon form. But still, every memory of Miles is a high price to pay. The tears in Shu’s memories are only gonna grow until there’s nothing left. Man, suicide by Shu though huh? The guilt must have ate him up in the end.

That flashback was very interesting. I enjoyed seeing Shu and Ayano as little kids, they were so cute! But seeing the truth behind Shu’s family’s demise is raising lots of questions. So Shu’s mom was always Asmodeus or was she possessed? Was that detonation a last minute effort by Shu’s pops to destroy the demon? Does that mean Shu’s sister is with Asmodeus? And what was up with that letter Miles got?

That end though, damn it man… right in the feels.
Aug 27, 2022 11:26 AM

Oct 2017
Shu killing Miles was sad, what's more sad is that he doesn't even remember him. That last scene was heartbreaking. Also Shu's mother was Asmodeus all along, damn. Though since she said Shu's sister is half human half demon, I think she always wasn't a demon and got possessed by Asmodeus at some point and then gave birth to their daughter. Thus why only Shu's sister is half human half demon and Shu's human.

Little Ayano and Shu were adorable together.
Aug 27, 2022 11:53 AM
Oct 2021
The episode was lit but now the main question is what the hell was shu's mother.
Here I read 1st theory:-
Shu is human and later his mother got possessed and gave birth to his half demon and human sister.
But I don't think so that shu is totally a human. You see he used something like tooth from his month every time he kill the demon with his gun. Well that is unlikely human power maybe he got it from kisara with his demon contract but I think that shu was failed(less powerful) half human and demon child that's why his mother only cared about his sister but the stepmom theory is quite strong.
Aug 27, 2022 11:57 AM

Jun 2017
Damn that was some nice twist. I expected the lil sis to be a demon but not the mother being the mastermind.
Aug 27, 2022 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
That was one unique twist.. his mother being the mastermind..Goddamn.. and his father being the "murderer"..

That's fucked up.. Who will Shu even hate.. who can he hate.. Can he even hate anyone? now that he has forgotten so many precious memories..

This anime wholly turned extremely dark..
Freaking hell.. Will he regain his memories at the end? or will he get eaten up.. I.. I don't know anymore..
Aug 27, 2022 12:11 PM
Sep 2021
Does this mean shu also half demon half human?

Or his mom is actually a step mom?
Aug 27, 2022 12:16 PM

Sep 2018
Oh fuck, this just gets darker and darker.

I can see why it would be better if Shuu doesn't know about his family, what a fucking mess.

And now Kisara has all that burden on her shoulders.

So... will Shuu be able to kill his mother to save his sister!!!

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 27, 2022 12:27 PM
Nov 2021
Damn I got chills in this episode although I want to know why she said kanna was the only child born from human and demons since shu is also their child isn't it?
Aug 27, 2022 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder just how much longer Shu has left as he gives up more and more of his humanity as he gives away his memories. Brilliant end sequence and with that still close out scene. Awesome!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 27, 2022 12:43 PM
Jan 2008
Good screenplay and animation.
Some mystery were solved and others are born! XD
Aug 27, 2022 12:45 PM

May 2021
damn, lots of twists. this episode was good but also hits in the feels.. i hope this anime will have a good and maybe happy ending (which it most probably won’t 😭) at this point it’s just getting sadder to see shuu like that man
Aug 27, 2022 1:16 PM

Sep 2020
Wow, this is such a powerful episode, he forgot all the memories between them. That flashback is very emotional.
Aug 27, 2022 1:57 PM
Jul 2022
It's weird af how Lycoris Recoil which is from the same studio got sad and dark the same episode as Engage Kiss did. Could this be just a coincidence? Maybe? But idk how to feel about this.
Aug 27, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
so Shus mother is a demon and the mastermind villain eh, she wants to make a child of mix human and demon

is she doing this as the end justifies the means where world peace can be achieve by coexistence between humans and demons or she simply thinks mixed race of human and demon are superior beings so they have to rule the world?

i guess Shu is a failed mixed race of human and demon but still a mixed race so he might power up later on
Aug 27, 2022 2:23 PM

Oct 2014
For me it's the hidden gem of the season.
Aug 27, 2022 2:23 PM

Nov 2021
Boring, this show is getting more and more boring every episode...
Aug 27, 2022 2:28 PM

Jun 2021
VERY good episode, ignore the haters
Aug 27, 2022 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
btw how did Kisara absorbs the memories of Miles without kissing him lol or kissing is only required when her victim is alive?
Aug 27, 2022 3:12 PM
Aug 2017
Palash123 said:
Damn I got chills in this episode although I want to know why she said kanna was the only child born from human and demons since shu is also their child isn't it?

Asmodeus probably took over Shu's mother after Shu was born.
Aug 27, 2022 3:32 PM

May 2013
deg said:
btw how did Kisara absorbs the memories of Miles without kissing him lol or kissing is only required when her victim is alive?

It's two different abilities, the kissing is her power up through the conditions of shuu's contract. But she can also look (not absorb) into the minds of other demons.

Also yea to everyone who is confused about sayuri/asmodeus: it's likely that the demon at some point after shuu's birth killed the mother and replaced her, the preview of episode 10 also confirms this cause it's said asmodeus can take any form.
TheIsOtakuAug 27, 2022 3:37 PM
Aug 27, 2022 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
TheIsOtaku said:
deg said:

It's two different abilities, the kissing is her power up through the conditions of shuu's contract. But she can also look (not absorb) into the minds of other demons

ah ok that makes sense thanks
Aug 27, 2022 4:01 PM
Nov 2020
Very emotional, can't say much without spoiling, but this episode helped me raise the otherwise poorer rating I may have given it.
Aug 27, 2022 4:09 PM

May 2013
so, hard for me to care about miles considering he barely had any notable screentime and that he will die this episode anyway. At least the reveals were good and the suffering for shuu continues now that it will be known that a demon at some point replaced his mother and gave birth to a hybrid child. I don't really get what asmodeus meant with her plans for kanna, to connect the demon realm and the human world or some coexistance stuff? interpreting her expression and tone I doubt her plans are up to something good tho lol.

Anyway nice fight scenes again, kisara is such a badass when she goes serious. Also sharon is freed already and joining in on the fight was nice to see although obvious. It's fine that shuu gets his portion of suffering right now since the girls already had theirs, to some extent he deserves it tbh.
Aug 27, 2022 4:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Definitely a heavy episode, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t kinda confused lol, but I think I got it for the most part, and I’m not gonna explain it because someone else here probably already has lol, but man I really liked being able to see what actually happened in the past regarding Shu’s family, I’m guessing Sayuri was taken over by Asmodeus at one point giving that Shu isn’t half demon like Kanna is, but what a shame that was, I’m glad Shu’s dad tried one last thing to stop Asmodeus but they continued living on in Miles which is why we have the situation we do now.

But that was definitely an awesome battle, loved seeing all of our waifus we’ve come to know take on Miles, and it was nice that Shu got the final blow, although maybe it isn’t so nice after knowing that backstory lol, but it had to be done. And also seeing baby Ayano and Shu was really cute in that one scene in the past.
Aug 27, 2022 4:40 PM

May 2021
A comparatively strong episode. Would be better if Miles had more screen-time but it still works. His entire backstory is about him selling his soul to the devil metaphorically. It also turns out Asmodeus was Shu's mom but she could very well have been replaced. Also watch it somehow turn out that his sister was Kisara all along.

Aug 27, 2022 5:22 PM

Apr 2015
The pudding thickens...
Aug 27, 2022 5:49 PM

May 2019
TheColonel76 said:
Definitely a heavy episode, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t kinda confused lol, but I think I got it for the most part, and I’m not gonna explain it because someone else here probably already has lol, but man I really liked being able to see what actually happened in the past regarding Shu’s family, I’m guessing Sayuri was taken over by Asmodeus at one point giving that Shu isn’t half demon like Kanna is, but what a shame that was, I’m glad Shu’s dad tried one last thing to stop Asmodeus but they continued living on in Miles which is why we have the situation we do now.

But that was definitely an awesome battle, loved seeing all of our waifus we’ve come to know take on Miles, and it was nice that Shu got the final blow, although maybe it isn’t so nice after knowing that backstory lol, but it had to be done. And also seeing baby Ayano and Shu was really cute in that one scene in the past.

Yeah same with me, I'm also a little confused but the comments here have helped me to mostly understand what's going on. Miles basically sold his soul to the devil to save his daughter, and that Asmodeus was living in Miles' head. That makes me wonder with Miles dead now if Asmodeus may transfer to one of the people in the area, like Kisara?!

And yes, the 3 waifus all fighting together was pretty awesome, would've been nice as part of a final episode.
Aug 27, 2022 6:02 PM
Mar 2021
goated episode 10/10 miles was not entirely at fault to for what he did to
Aug 27, 2022 6:19 PM
Aug 2019
God both A1 episodes gave us feels, this is cruelty ;; The last scene and Shu breaking down in general was heartbreaking... I didn't expected his mom was a demon either, it will really hurt when Shu gets to know that...

Besides that, baby Shu and Ayano were really cute. Also, I wonder what happened to Miles daughter and wife. Wonder if they will have any importance or not lol.

Aug 27, 2022 6:23 PM
Aug 2017
deg said:

She can absorb the memories of dead demons. It has been shown since episode 1.
Aug 27, 2022 6:30 PM
Sep 2015
Finally seeing some of the past was great! I get the feeling that Kisara is possibly Shu's sister now. There will need to be some kind of battle with Asmodeus next though.
Aug 27, 2022 7:00 PM
Mar 2020
I really liked this episode. Nice to know more about what happened in the cave now.
Aug 27, 2022 7:08 PM
Apr 2022
This episode was really heavy. A lot was revealed, in a really efficient way I might add. It was a tad rushed but execution made it really impactful regardless. The last few episodes are probably going to be really explosive with a lot of drama and action.
Aug 27, 2022 8:42 PM

Sep 2018
God, I hate that trope so much, "huh, why am I...." *tears streaming down the face* It's been an alright series, not the greatest, but by no means the worst of the bunch.
Aug 27, 2022 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
MadLadOfCulture said:
Best Episode yet!

At least that much can be said. A lot happened at once though, it still hasn't quite sunk in.

GakutoDeathGlare said:
God, I hate that trope so much, "huh, why am I...." *tears streaming down the face* It's been an alright series, not the greatest, but by no means the worst of the bunch.

There is something off about it, but otherwise pretty good. I just wonder if the idea had been given to a different writer, would it have turned out better? Weird thought experiment, but it came to mind.
Aug 28, 2022 5:36 AM
Apr 2018
It is growing on me with each episode. The plot is really good. Highly recommend it!
Aug 28, 2022 5:39 AM

Sep 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Why?

For sure it's a staple, but isn't this show at least doing something a little bit original with it?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 28, 2022 5:50 AM

May 2018
rip Miles but most of all rip Shu's dad. Imagine getting backstabbed by the wife you had a happy marriage and a kid with :(
Aug 28, 2022 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
DragonTheOne said:
deg said:

She can absorb the memories of dead demons. It has been shown since episode 1.

ok then i got bad memory
Aug 28, 2022 6:40 AM
Apr 2021
very touching, the best one ever!
the contrast between Morgan's memory and reality really deepens the underlying conflict in the anime, which is Shiu's increasing indifference due to the loss of memory
Aug 28, 2022 7:44 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
viperhc said:
TheColonel76 said:

Yeah same with me, I'm also a little confused but the comments here have helped me to mostly understand what's going on. Miles basically sold his soul to the devil to save his daughter, and that Asmodeus was living in Miles' head. That makes me wonder with Miles dead now if Asmodeus may transfer to one of the people in the area, like Kisara?!

And yes, the 3 waifus all fighting together was pretty awesome, would've been nice as part of a final episode.

I like your idea that Asmodeus might transfer to someone else, Kisara seems like a prime candidate for sure, if that’s the way it works, because Asmodeus did somehow transfer from Sayuri to Miles after all.
Aug 28, 2022 8:27 AM

Oct 2008
a lot of revelations this episode!
hate to say this but this show is a bit better than Lycoris...lolz
5/5

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2022

71 by Shakti-- »»
Jan 4, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.