Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 6, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Ayano acts like a housewife around Shu now lol. Kinda feel bad that Kisara is being left out in this love triangle and she seems to be in a worse mood than usual.

On the other hand, the blonde nun girl Sharon makes an appearance. Definitely someone to watch out for and she seems to have a somewhat clever personality.
Aug 6, 2022 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
A-1 Saturdays continue

God I wish that was me

Awesome episode as always, Sharon is probably gonna be second best girl. Seeing the two best girls (she and ayano) go head to head was a joy.

Shu: “You’re… who are you again?” Lmaooo. Can’t wait to see how their backstory plays out
Marinate1016Aug 6, 2022 10:29 AM
Aug 6, 2022 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
How many ex did Shu have?? lmao
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 6, 2022 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
So...after the last episode's seggs between Ayano and Shu, where Kisara smooched that memory out of him, the ex becomes more involved in his life, even going as far as to help him clean up his apartment, what a dedicated partner. Kisara's life...really was shut down hard by Shu, and Ayano gaining more likes than her daily uploads.

Though the nun Sharon Holygrail officially makes her first appearance looking as a rival company to Shu's, she's the mysterious identity looking for more information to ascertain her cause. Nevertheless, the mysterious deal that warrants the removal of Celestial Abbeys like her and almost dealt a death sentence to The Justice, Shu cannot rely on the auction as source information flowed from there is slow.

The Celestial Abbey group that prioritizes ultimate philanthropy by playing the role as global exorcists, this can be easily taken in as foreign interference. And Sharon's role: to scout out this demon that she's been seeking (which is clearly Kisara), and they will only talk with violence.

The counterthought: since Sharon also knows Shu, it's a legit problem...that she was part of his partnership (way before Ayano's time) that helped subjugate the demon Kisara down (more than being another "unintended" harem member of Shu's). And I can only think of nothing but bad vibes about this...
Aug 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Sep 2021
Marinate1016 said:
God I wish that was me

Lmao I was waiting for someone to say this.

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Aug 6, 2022 10:31 AM

Feb 2020
om I want to be like Shu too

yay for another previous romantic partner! everyone just got more jealous

"The last time we met was three years ago when you took me to cloud nine." Shu a player!
Aug 6, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ayano seems to be doing the chores around Shuu's house now. I felt bad for Kisara being left out. We also got to see how Shuu met Kisara.
Shuu met with the mysterious disguised figure and they showed him footage of the nun who took down 'The justice' easily.
Seems these nuns from the Celestial Abbey don't target demons...and instead have been dealing with them for over a thousand years!
She is looking for Kisara...
Sharon also knows Shuu??! How many ex partners does he have nano desu??!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 6, 2022 10:46 AM

Jan 2018
A nun that Kisara knows is onto her. Hmm, things are heating up.

Reckless spending indeed for Shuu. Buying lots of cigarettes and making someone do laundry for him. He makin me mad.
Aug 6, 2022 10:51 AM
Jun 2020
I have just one quastion: was Shuu already dating Ayano three years ago?
Aug 6, 2022 10:55 AM

Sep 2021
Super hot nun does super hot nun things like taking out her anger and frustration on Shuu~
It's already been said but I'll say it again: god I wish that were me

This episode was so good, I had been waiting to find out about that mysterious woman in the OP, and she did not disappoint! I love how she also has history with Shuu, could his life get any more complicated? I also want to know who this person is that's feeding him information...

It was great to get some background on Kisara as well, and she actually showed some sadness and remorse this episode. I liked being able to see another side of her. Ayano as usual is still the best to me, you can see how much she cares, she probably saved Shuu's life this episode. I mean, at least he was a little prepared before our resident super hot nun launched him out the window, right? The fight scenes were awesome as usual (thank u for the delicious food A-1, I'll forgive you for not including my precious bean sprouts this time-)! I loved the huge ground impacts appearing after every one of Sharon's blows, they really showcased her power.

I love church/church-like organizations with secret agents, so this episode was a huge treat for me! Knowing that the Celestial Abbey has been dealing with demons for so long is really interesting... Next week, I'm really hoping we get to see the rest of that flashback (what happened to Kisara after that?), and that we get some more dirt on this Sharon/Kisara rivalry. Can't wait~

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Aug 6, 2022 10:59 AM

Jul 2022
I'm gonna say it too. God I wish that was me.

On that note, Sharon has already grown on me. She's more of a Yandere than Kisara lol.
Aug 6, 2022 11:11 AM

Mar 2022
such a painful backstory for kisara

Aug 6, 2022 11:18 AM

Jul 2022
Also, did anyone else notice a panty shot during the fight?
Aug 6, 2022 11:24 AM

Dec 2017
Wow, the protagonist is becoming more and more useless/trash over the time, incredible. Kisara leaves because she is mad? No problem the best way to get her back is saying over a mail that he needs her to do the laundry, buy food and coock for him while he is so busy sitting on a chair for hours LOL. He is poor? No problem there's always enough money to buy what? 50-100€ on tabbaco? I dont know anymore, the show would be much better if the protagist didnt have that shit personality. Also what the fuck is the plot twist? They call a plot twist saying oh she was my ex at the end of an episode? Because i think thats the only plot we have been gettting in this anime since it started. Can we start progressing in the story instead of going around into side stories? Sigh I guess people who like this type of plot will enjoy the anime but for me its hard to watch at this poiint
Aug 6, 2022 11:26 AM

Jul 2022
ShikishimaKrile said:
Wow, the protagonist is becoming more and more useless/trash over the time, incredible. Kisara leaves because she is mad? No problem the best way to get her back is saying over a mail that he needs her to do the laundry, buy food and coock for him while he is so busy sitting on a chair for hours LOL. He is poor? No problem there's always enough money to buy what? 50-100€ on tabbaco? I dont know anymore, the show would be much better if the protagist didnt have that shit personality. Also what the fuck is the plot twist? They call a plot twist saying oh she was my ex at the end of an episode? Because i think thats the only plot we have been gettting in this anime since it started. Can we start progressing in the story instead of going around into side stories? Sigh I guess people who like this type of plot will enjoy the anime but for me its hard to watch at this poiint

This is just the set up it seems. The show is two cours long.
Aug 6, 2022 11:45 AM

May 2020
God the only thing we were missing to complete a full circle of clichés was a blondie, and look who we got this time. (Un)Surprisingly she's an acquaintance of this wit king.
Aug 6, 2022 11:54 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Kisara is angry with Shu for having betrayed her so much that she doesn't come home anymore and Shu schedules the exchange of information with the suspect face to face
Aug 6, 2022 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
Damn dude did Shuu bang the Nun as well? If so good for him. Shit.

Ayano still the GOAT of this anime though. Busting through that window to save momma.

I liked her little Insta post as well. Little bit of revenge lol.

Damn dude, Shu got Scooby Doo'd with that Fae Brick wall lol.

I like how they are using Shu's memory loss to push the plot and world building in regards to viewership. I like the approach

Looking forward to next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 6, 2022 12:31 PM
Oct 2012
Honestly, Shuu doesn't deserve Kisara.
Aug 6, 2022 1:35 PM

Sep 2020
So the mc and the new character used to be a couple? She looks familiar for some reason.
Aug 6, 2022 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
and the harem grows, its no longer a love triangle but a quadrangle, the blonde nun (aka an exorcist) is also an ex-lover of Shu lol

we are also beginning to see the backstory of Shu and Kisaras contract
Aug 6, 2022 2:22 PM

Aug 2021
Like Shu has another ex and he also forgot her, already the story is getting interesting and there was part of which he forgot and Kisara keeps, ya then let's see what will happen.
Aug 6, 2022 2:33 PM

Apr 2018
Still don't understand how people like Ayano, it's not like Kisaragi is any better but she's way worse than her. Well, the worst character out of them is probably our main dude. Well, seems like the nun girl is gonna be the best outta all them.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 6, 2022 2:39 PM

Sep 2020
Finally an episode I actually enjoyed a lot in this show
Also the nun is hot
Aug 6, 2022 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
theassholeofmal said:
The show is two cours long.

Do we have any official confirmation for that? I would _love_ it to be two seasons, but so far, I haven't found any official reference for that.

Just one quick comment on the quality of the show: I was reasonably entertained at the beginning, but recently, I would have loved to IMMEDIATELY watch the next episode at the end of the current one. Which is the best sign of a good show for me.
Aug 6, 2022 3:42 PM

May 2013
Shu is really lucky that kisara loves him unconditionally cause the first message he sends her even when he doesn't remember what upsets her is that the laundry keeps piling up lol. Also considering her yandere tenendcies and how furious she was before meeting him.
Liked the first look into her backstory, she actually was kind off sealed away for a long time and shu saying that he needed her touched her quite much even instantly stopping her assault.
Have a feeling either ayano's friend or her mother is the informant, it's also the same persons voice who was responsible for the moth demon in ep3, something really shady is going on in this city.
Sharon is probably becoming an ally now, doubt she only came here to meet old friends.
Aug 6, 2022 3:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Sharon is definitely a badass nun, she has the killer moves and she’s hot, what more can you ask for, I just wanna be pinned down the way Shu was at the end of the episode lol. But she’s an interesting new character, she’s part of a group that’s been fighting demons for a long ass time and now she’s out to take out Kisara, although it looks like she was involved with Shu making his contract with Kisara in that flashback so maybe there’s more to it than “demon bad.”

Also lmao so Shu smashed Sharon and forgot too, that’s gotta be painful to forget you laid pipe with a babe like her lol. And I also really enjoyed Ayano’s brief fight with Sharon, although she was immediately finessed when Shu was brought up, but a badass moment anyway. And the way Shu’s unknown informant escaped was big brain for sure, I really wish he would have accidentally leaned back on the wall or something lol.
Aug 6, 2022 5:54 PM

Mar 2016
smoltulip said:
Marinate1016 said:
God I wish that was me

Lmao I was waiting for someone to say this.

I wonder how many chicks did this guy bangged.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 6, 2022 6:06 PM

May 2013
TheColonel76 said:
Sharon is definitely a badass nun, she has the killer moves and she’s hot, what more can you ask for, I just wanna be pinned down the way Shu was at the end of the episode lol. But she’s an interesting new character, she’s part of a group that’s been fighting demons for a long ass time and now she’s out to take out Kisara, although it looks like she was involved with Shu making his contract with Kisara in that flashback so maybe there’s more to it than “demon bad.”

Also lmao so Shu smashed Sharon and forgot too, that’s gotta be painful to forget you laid pipe with a babe like her lol. And I also really enjoyed Ayano’s brief fight with Sharon, although she was immediately finessed when Shu was brought up, but a badass moment anyway. And the way Shu’s unknown informant escaped was big brain for sure, I really wish he would have accidentally leaned back on the wall or something lol.

I think it's more like sharon heard about the hotel from ep1 nearly crashing down cause of a demon attack and she came to the city checking if kisara was going on a rampage. It would be interesting if she joins shu with the demon hunt also to spice up the love triangle between him and the other two girls even more
Aug 6, 2022 6:14 PM

Jun 2017
How the fuck is this guy getting top tier chicks. lol (or any chicks at that)

Looks like he did something underhanded to get Kisara on his side. I wonder what was up with the whole double team thing with Sharon, probably gonna get explained next ep.
Aug 6, 2022 6:23 PM
Sep 2021
Marinate1016 said:
A-1 Saturdays continue

God I wish that was me

Awesome episode as always, Sharon is probably gonna be second best girl. Seeing the two best girls (she and ayano) go head to head was a joy.

Shu: “You’re… who are you again?” Lmaooo. Can’t wait to see how their backstory plays out

me too (15 character limit)
Aug 6, 2022 6:41 PM

May 2019
theassholeofmal said:

Hell yeah I did, I was wondering if anyone noticed too lol! This was in the warehouse scene where Sharon ambushed a couple of guys, heck of an intro to her :p

Not sure who Sharon is but it appears to have been someone Shuu has previously worked with (and maybe dated??) I was wondering if she was a demon herself considering her super human strength, and I'm wondering if Sharon will work with Shuu and the girls or if she is trying to kill Kisara?? I did feel a little bad for Kisara when she was moping under the bridge but she's the one taking Shuu's memories, maybe there's another way for her to get energy from him?? Anyways, I'm curious to see where this leads and it looks like Shuu has an indirect harem going on now lol.
Aug 6, 2022 7:35 PM

Jun 2021
What a waifu, i love the nun <3
Aug 6, 2022 8:01 PM

Apr 2020
Wow this definitely got interesting with Sharon finally appearing. I wonder what relationship Shuu had with Sharon, definitely rekt Kisara back then with that flashback.

And aside from Ayano getting flustered when Sister mentioned Shuu and our boy really buying packs of smoke, this episode really is a serious one.
Aug 6, 2022 8:28 PM

Jul 2022
Mentar said:
theassholeofmal said:
The show is two cours long.

Do we have any official confirmation for that? I would _love_ it to be two seasons, but so far, I haven't found any official reference for that.

Just one quick comment on the quality of the show: I was reasonably entertained at the beginning, but recently, I would have loved to IMMEDIATELY watch the next episode at the end of the current one. Which is the best sign of a good show for me.

No, just leaks, but the author said- "We're still in the common route. Things will get worse."
Aug 6, 2022 9:11 PM

Apr 2016
Exactly what this show needed was a sexy blonde combat nun with a garter belt and insane super human strength. Love it
Aug 6, 2022 10:55 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah this episode went kind of hard, mainly because Sharon the nun is an absolute boss. It was also pretty focused, with little to no BS or fluff to weigh it down. I haven't seen it yet, but heck this might be one instance where this week's episode of engage kiss is better than lycoris recoil's.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 6, 2022 11:05 PM

Jun 2021
I’m liking nun waifu Sharon from the Celestial Abbey, she’s a total badass. She’s even tougher than Ayano! I would let her pummel me into minced meat haha.

Kisara seems to be a little pouty after her confrontation with Ayano, who btw sure has been acting like Shu’s gf lol. Ayano with that post too haha! Girl isn’t holding back. Kisara better bring it!

Looks like Shu and Kisara’s first meeting wasn’t such a smooth one. I wonder how she ended up in that cave in the first place. And what’s Shu’s deal with Sharon? Looks like they were partners at first. I’m really wondering how much of his memories Kisara has feasted on… there’s a lot about Shu we don’t know.

I’m pretty curious to know about this source. Who are they and how do they get their info? Also, did they seriously just pull some Looney Tunes shit with the fake wall when they were giving Shu the slip? Lol.

Next week looks like it’s gonna reveal more about Shu, Sharon, and Kisara’s past.
Aug 6, 2022 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
theassholeofmal said:
No, just leaks, but the author said- "We're still in the common route. Things will get worse."

Because to my knowledge the official website lists 13 episodes, and the quote alone doesn't conclusively prove anything to the contrary.

If anything it sounds like there will be a game based on the anime instead of the other way round? ;)
Aug 7, 2022 12:10 AM

Jan 2009

Honestly, I am beginning to really feel sorry for Kisara. As expected, this episode started the Kisara backstory and indicated that the contract was initiated by Shuu (just before she was literally backstabbed by Sharon and shot in the back by Shuu – though the lattter likely was rather to prevent Kisara from killing Sharon). For a moment, I even thought that they might have switched the order around (Sharon/Shuu impaling her first, and then Shuu returning to contract her afterwards), but they didn’t – first, Kisara was impaled from the front, and then afterwards from the back. Life’s tough for a demon. I wonder how the backstory transitions from Sharon/Shuu approaching Kisara to Shuu completing the contract with Kisara without Sharon knowing. We’ll find out next ep, I guess…

About the identity of “the source”: Based on the characters introduced so far, and assuming that it won’t be a completely new one (which would still be possible), there’s three options:

1) Ayano’s mom (Yuugiri Akeno)
2) The mayor’s aide (Hachisuka Linhua)
3) The annoying blonde playboy (Hachisuka Mikhail)

It’s definitely neither the young inspector (Mikami Tetsuya) nor our coloured guy (Morgan Miles), since they were shown surveying the scene. Personally, I think 2) or 3) are more likely.

If I was in Kisara’s shoes, I would probably shishkebob everyone in this show. She was contracted on the initiative of someone else and was forced to save her contractor and her love rival multiple times already without even a smidgen of genuine appreciation from her _or_ Shuu at the same time. And I'm saying that as someone who really likes Ayano, as well.
Aug 7, 2022 1:58 AM
Feb 2020
I got hooked up in the 1st episode of this anime, then week by week every new episode passed I always got dissapointed at this show honestly.

I really feel bad for Kisara, she's just a wimping tool of that useless simp Mc. Forming a contract against a devil and taiming her just to make her his personal tool and his house maid.

And whats more, they wouldnt and couldnt be able to beat any villain/antagonist without Kisara's help like seriously all these useless characters relied too much to Kisara. Then considered her as a disposable annoying tool later after...

This is the first time Im hoping that the main-heroine/or-if-not (Kisara) would die in the ending that I wouldnt care much, so that she will be free to all those freaks. She deserve someone better that will cherish her more.
Aug 7, 2022 2:19 AM

Oct 2008
oh that nun is insanely stronk! looks like prev partner of Shuu!
4/5.

Aug 7, 2022 2:32 AM
May 2021
theassholeofmal said:

yes I noticed that lol
Aug 7, 2022 4:47 AM

Sep 2020
What an insane episode, holy. They have given us a lot of new information while also leaving us with a bunch of questions. After their intimate moment in the previous episode, it's nice to see Ayano and Shuu back together. The backstory of Shuu and Kisara was also incredibly interesting; who would have thought that the Nun would have been with Shuu at that time and they two face off against Kisara? It will be interesting to learn the exact reason for that. It was also intriguing to learn that an even larger organization has been fighting demons for over 1000 years.
Aug 7, 2022 6:26 AM

Oct 2017
This nun seems like she's one of Shu's ex. Is she doing this out of jealousy or just cause she's a bitch?
Aug 7, 2022 6:30 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
TheIsOtaku said:
TheColonel76 said:

I think it's more like sharon heard about the hotel from ep1 nearly crashing down cause of a demon attack and she came to the city checking if kisara was going on a rampage. It would be interesting if she joins shu with the demon hunt also to spice up the love triangle between him and the other two girls even more

That’s a good theory, and probably correct. And yeah I’d love to see her hunt demons with the main cast, that would be awesome, and spicing up the love triangle is definitely another reason it would be great lol.
Aug 7, 2022 8:07 AM
Aug 2022
The episode was good Sharon is going to be the second best girl I think she is shu's step sister as mention in that scene when Sharon calls shu Nee and police also told he had a step sister so I not sure if she her step sis but she is fine😍
Aug 7, 2022 8:33 AM
May 2021
Again a nice episode and Sharon is hot
Aug 7, 2022 12:20 PM
Nov 2021
Marinate1016 said:
A-1 Saturdays continue

God I wish that was me

Weebs be like,temo i wanna be there too bro😍
Aug 7, 2022 12:29 PM

May 2018

^ I would like some sandwhich please!!

Seeing the flashback, I wonder if Kisara brainwashed Shu. Seem like Sharon and Shu was a team or something happened to take down Kisara.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.