Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 6, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Glad to see all the cast participating in this local festival. All the girls looked great in their yukata.

However, the one that I found most appealing is Erika. I can't take her mask seriously though. Anyways, I think this festival was a good idea as a break for all the cast to get away from the usual school stress. Definitely curious about how Erika will answer Saki's question regarding Hiro soon.
Stark700Aug 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Aug 6, 2022 10:59 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Was nice to see everyone in their Yukatas. Sachi's friends were surprised at how different her and Nagi were and teased her about him xD.
Nagi ran away whilst grabbing Erika's hand instead of beating up her stalker followers again lol.
Segawa asked Nagi and Erika about the Sachi sister situation...
But Erika ran away with him...
In the end, they come clean and Erika finds out about Segawa's fiance.
Not sure why you like Segawa so much Nagi though, she is so annoying...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 6, 2022 11:08 AM
Jun 2022
Everything bad in the anime wrapped into one episode. Kind of the boiling point for me, it was never a good anime but it had its moments. In retrospect should have dropped it way back in episode 7 or 8 when the plot became moot and the characters started to be extremely inconsistent and downright dumb.
Aug 6, 2022 11:29 AM

Jul 2017
The local festival with yukatas worn, and there is just Nagi with Erika, though Hiro can't make for the date due to her work, and Sachi staying at home for the same.

Though Erika, people in this day and age defo don't use cards for simple payment. Whether is it goldfish scooping or a lottery to win a Switch for bragging rights, Erika is unhinged, and that's not just to say of her Insta-famous fame, so this is where Nagi comes in to teach her the proper way to enjoy a festival...this modern, uncultured swine.

Sachi coming with her friends to the festival, and meeting Nagi for the first time, it's definite to say what the average layman thinks of their non-blood-relatedness. With the usual ragtag Erika supporters chasing them down for escape, it's tough for one whom his quite used to extravagant holidays.

The real question comes when Hiro also makes it to the festival, and her first question arises to clarify Sachi's position in the family between the two. This calls for a retreat, and despite the backlash between the two, they eventually come clean with Hiro with their "switch at birth" and engaged status, and the latter with her engaged status as well...Nagi LITERALLY keeping secrets between the girls.

This "Engaged Alliance", Nagi can breathe a sigh of relief, not knowing the hidden consequences. But yet above all, Hiro kept her side of the deal that she'll continue pursuing Nagi instead (which is already quite problematic that her family is of no concern)...and that Erika saw the whole ordeal.

This mess is about to go brrrrrrrr
Aug 6, 2022 11:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its not summer without Yukata thats for sure. In this day and age its rare not to have cash on hand as backup. Once she's calmed down its nice to see Nagi and Erika enjoy the festival in peace. Must be nice being able to spend summer overseas. The fireworks were pretty. Its too bad that they couldn't all see it together. In the end coming clean was the best move for them. In a way both Hiro and Nagi and Erika are similar in that both are engaged though in Hiro's case its to her role. Looks like Hiro's finally resolved herself to make her move. Now curious how Erika and Sachi would though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2022 11:32 AM

Mar 2022
bruh like this episode was something else at some point i was thinking they will kiss but they won't 😵‍💫

Aug 6, 2022 11:37 AM

Sep 2021
A proper festival episode!
The time that Nagi and Erika spent together only solidified my Team Erika stance, she was so adorable getting super into the festival games. I love that she tried to pay 300 yen with her black credit card lmao. Seeing Nagi slowly warm up to being at the festival with her was great. I'm still struggling to understand why he likes Hiro so much (even though I adore her seiyuu), when Erika is right there! Their banter was just so funny, and of course Erika would make a mess of the okonomiyaki. Maybe she isn't cut out for festivals, but it was so nice to see that she had a good time.

Of course we had to keep things interesting with Sachi's appearance, and I was surprised to see her stick up for Nagi like that in front of her friends, "brother complex" or not. I also wasn't expecting the whole situation with Hiro to be defused so easily, but it only took a few minutes for the Engaged Alliance to be formed! But... no more secrets, right?

I can't wait for next week to find out how Erika answers Sachi~

Also, whether you're a Hiro fan or not, this shot was just gorgeous:

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Aug 6, 2022 11:43 AM

Feb 2019
Yea they gotta stop doing my baby sachi so bold in this series. She deserves some love. Kind of brutal seeing her so sad today. Really glad she stuck up for her brother “Only I can say that about him”

Pretty obvious they’re pushing the erika route even tho Hiro and Sachi are way better choices for Nagi.

Hiro’s little plea at the end was so cute omg
Marinate1016Aug 6, 2022 11:49 AM
Aug 6, 2022 12:06 PM

May 2020
>No more secrets from now on.

Why not you tell him the identity of your fiancee, like for real then we can have this pact.
Aug 6, 2022 12:33 PM

May 2022
I’m on the fence with this show but I will say I’m happy they were honest about the whole situation. It would’ve been too annoying if they covered it up. We’ll see how this plays out.
Aug 6, 2022 12:59 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Erika goes out with Nagi to enjoy the festival and Sachi stays to help her parents at the restaurant but they send her away so she can have fun with her friends and Segawa finds Erika and Nagi together and asks what is the relationship between the two
Aug 6, 2022 2:02 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Oh Lord, now Sachi has seen Hiro's hanging with Nagi and now she's going to get an attitude again which will lead to more Nagi slander from her. At first I thought Hiro was in everyone's way, but now its really Sachi that's holding everyone. Like seriously what's Sachi's reason for liking Nagi besides being non related siblings? Her actions doesn't make any sense and it can ruin the potential harem dynamic for Nagi down the road. Not saying that Nagi is going to marry all three of them, but Sachi needs to get on the same page as Erika and Hiro.
Aug 6, 2022 2:18 PM

Aug 2021
there are so many good vibes between Erika and Segawa but only Sachi is the only one jealous, so let's see what should be done, she already knows what they are and it didn't change much their relationship....
Aug 6, 2022 2:50 PM
Feb 2021
Softhenic03 said:

Why not you tell him the identity of your fiancee, like for real then we can have this pact.

It's highly likely that she doesn't even know her fiance. Remember, it's an arranged marriage by her family for business purposes. Her not having met him yet would not only be realistic, it would be entirely consistent with her behavior up until this point, given she's alluded to exactly nothing about who he is as a person. The fact that she's said nothing about him, to me, is a hint that she hasn't even met him and that her meeting him for the first time will be a conflict in a future arc.
Aug 6, 2022 4:28 PM
Apr 2021
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! Was nice to see everyone in their Yukatas. Sachi's friends were surprised at how different her and Nagi were and teased her about him xD.
Nagi ran away whilst grabbing Erika's hand instead of beating up her stalker followers again lol.
Segawa asked Nagi and Erika about the Sachi sister situation...
But Erika ran away with him...
In the end, they come clean and Erika finds out about Segawa's fiance.
Not sure why you like Segawa so much Nagi though, she is so annoying...

Looking forward to the next episode!

What’s so annoying about Segawa to you ?
Aug 6, 2022 4:32 PM

May 2019
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Softhenic03 said:

It's highly likely that she doesn't even know her fiance. Remember, it's an arranged marriage by her family for business purposes. Her not having met him yet would not only be realistic, it would be entirely consistent with her behavior up until this point, given she's alluded to exactly nothing about who he is as a person. The fact that she's said nothing about him, to me, is a hint that she hasn't even met him and that her meeting him for the first time will be a conflict in a future arc.

Wait what? I thought Hiro's fiance was the shrine itself, I don't recall an actual guy involved. If that's the case then this has gotten even messier. When Hiro said no more secrets, does she even know that Sachi, Erika, and Nagi live together?

Beyond the admission of Nagi's and Erika's engagement to Hiro, this was a good episode with the festival. I am curious to how Erika will answer Sachi's question about Hiro but I would have to guess that she will say something like that Hiro is a nice and smart girl, not sure if she'll say anything negative like being in the way.
Aug 6, 2022 5:56 PM

May 2022
Loved the heavy duty romance this episode. Is Sachi going to come from behind and win Nagi's heart at the finish line? That would be kinda creepy, but she does have the longest history with Nagi. I'm actually coming to resent Nagi. He doesn't deserve to have three such awesome girls falling for him!
Aug 6, 2022 6:50 PM
Feb 2021
viperhc said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Wait what? I thought Hiro's fiance was the shrine itself, I don't recall an actual guy involved. If that's the case then this has gotten even messier. When Hiro said no more secrets, does she even know that Sachi, Erika, and Nagi live together?

Beyond the admission of Nagi's and Erika's engagement to Hiro, this was a good episode with the festival. I am curious to how Erika will answer Sachi's question about Hiro but I would have to guess that she will say something like that Hiro is a nice and smart girl, not sure if she'll say anything negative like being in the way.

Hiro is engaged to be married to someone in order to inherit the shrine. But we don't know who that person is, and she might not either.
Aug 6, 2022 7:05 PM
Jul 2022
yo TF it's out already
Aug 6, 2022 9:33 PM

Jul 2021
Entertaining episode. Hiro seemed to take the revelation of Erica and Nagi's relationship well.

It's very obvious that Sachi has romantic feelings for Nagi but it's still not confirmed whether Hiro and Erica feel the same or not. At present Hiro is the one confusing the most.

Honestly I think Sachi should just give up, there's no way Nagi is gonna choose her and imagine what the parents would think. Muri muri muri muri.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 6, 2022 10:30 PM
Apr 2018
__1shinashi99__ said:
niggerundayoooo smookey

Add Hiro on the boulder too. She's a freaking deadweight dragging down the show.
Aug 6, 2022 10:52 PM

Jun 2021
That was such a cute festival date! Poor Nagi almost lost all his money at the goldfish scooping alone lol. Man, Erika is adorable! She was getting really into all those festival games. It’s cute how much of a messy eater she is too lol.

I was a little worried about how the Hiro situation would turn out when she asked about Sachi, but I guess it all worked out. Nagi had a really cute little moment with Hiro at the end there too!

Sachi really better step up if she doesn’t want to fall behind. That little bro-con is about to lose out to Erika AND Hiro unless she makes a move or something haha.
Aug 6, 2022 11:44 PM

Jan 2022
I like how the last 3 episodes have all been untitled, mot even crunchy roll likes this anime. Annoyed at the fact that Erika used his money like it was no big deal even though she had money all along. Why do so many anime girls have a brother complex? Sachi is still pissing me off. I will say that I loved the music in this episode.
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 6, 2022 11:49 PM

Jan 2022
viperhc said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

I was also under the impression that Hiro is engaged to the shrine. I don't think anyone has ever mentioned her having a fiance and I doubt that's the case.
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 7, 2022 1:18 AM
Apr 2018
cooldogmom said:
viperhc said:

I was also under the impression that Hiro is engaged to the shrine. I don't think anyone has ever mentioned her having a fiance and I doubt that's the case.

It is a person, a guy, who will likely inherit the shrine.

This has been confirmed in the manga. It's a guy, not engaging to the shrine itself (is that even a thing? I spent my whole life living in East Asia, including a few years in Japan, never heard of anyone doing that).

Who knows... there's still a chance that it was nothing but a lie from her mother (that she's engage) to begin with. Or her parents will just give birth to a son so she doesn't need to marry someone for the shrine's sake anymore. If the author wants to give a boost to Hiro, to stir up this messy manga even further.
RomangeloAug 7, 2022 1:32 AM
Aug 7, 2022 1:37 AM

Aug 2018
Well, things will be different now.
Nagi and Erika spent time together at the festival. It was Erika's first time in such a place and Nagi taught her how to have fun. And after a while they ran into these guys, but they managed to escape from them. And they got to see the fireworks.
Hiro found them, and here's the thing. He asked them about Sachi...what's their relationship. And well, Erika takes Nagi and they run away. They argue about what they told her and decide to tell Hiro everything. And she understood, plus she told that she was also engaged, the one who found out now was Erika, because Nagi already knew xd. The three of them will be "The alliance of the betrothed". Hiro tells Nagi that they won't have secrets anymore. And the situation ended up normal, but the thing is that Sachi saw them both. And when they go back to the house, Sachi asks Erika about what she thinks about Hiro.
Let's see what happens, good chapter.

Aug 7, 2022 1:59 AM
Apr 2018
They didn't tell Hiro everything though.

There's still a secret that they live together.
Aug 7, 2022 4:02 AM
Jun 2017
"Engaged Aliance"... lets Go

we approve that alliance 💪💪💪💪
Aug 7, 2022 6:21 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice to get some more Summer Festival goodness, it was hilarious seeing Erika trying to learn how to enjoy the festival, just casually pulls out credit card to play goldfish catching lol. It was definitely a really nice montage when Nagi decided to show her the festival, and I also enjoyed that scene with Sachi and her friends, she really is showing her brother complex lol, loved the pouty expression too.

Erika’s stalkers showed themselves again and the lead guy was even more ripped lol, Nagi was right to get the hell out of Dodge there, and then there was the nice fireworks scene which is always a staple of Summer Festivals. Segawa showing up was a little unexpected but it was funny how Erika decided to run away instead of tell her their secret lol. They ultimately decided to tell Segawa tho, and all is good once again.

I do wish Segawa would have told Erika she’s actually engaged to her temple but I guess it is a similar situation, but it’s definitely an important detail she left out, maybe we’ll see some underhanded tactics from Segawa going forward lol, which honestly probably won’t change my opinion that she’s best girl. And that final scene where Segawa stopped Nagi, yeah she’s still my favorite lol.
Aug 7, 2022 6:32 AM
Feb 2021
TheColonel76 said:
Nice to get some more Summer Festival goodness, it was hilarious seeing Erika trying to learn how to enjoy the festival, just casually pulls out credit card to play goldfish catching lol. It was definitely a really nice montage when Nagi decided to show her the festival, and I also enjoyed that scene with Sachi and her friends, she really is showing her brother complex lol, loved the pouty expression too.

Erika’s stalkers showed themselves again and the lead guy was even more ripped lol, Nagi was right to get the hell out of Dodge there, and then there was the nice fireworks scene which is always a staple of Summer Festivals. Segawa showing up was a little unexpected but it was funny how Erika decided to run away instead of tell her their secret lol. They ultimately decided to tell Segawa tho, and all is good once again.

I do wish Segawa would have told Erika she’s actually engaged to her temple but I guess it is a similar situation, but it’s definitely an important detail she left out, maybe we’ll see some underhanded tactics from Segawa going forward lol, which honestly probably won’t change my opinion that she’s best girl. And that final scene where Segawa stopped Nagi, yeah she’s still my favorite lol.

She's not engaged to her temple though. She has to marry a priest in order for the temple to have an heir, so it's exactly the same situation as Erika is in.
Aug 7, 2022 6:42 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
TheColonel76 said:

She's not engaged to her temple though. She has to marry a priest in order for the temple to have an heir, so it's exactly the same situation as Erika is in.

I saw a thread talking about that here and if that’s the case then she isn’t withholding anything thankfully, thanks for the info.
Aug 7, 2022 7:13 AM
Feb 2021
TheColonel76 said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

I saw a thread talking about that here and if that’s the case then she isn’t withholding anything thankfully, thanks for the info.

I think a lot of people are comparing Segawa's shrine to, say, a nunnery. But no, she has a human fiance, we just don't know anything about him yet. That's what she meant talking to Nagi about an "heir" since, apparently, women can't inherit her shrine.
Aug 7, 2022 8:21 AM

Oct 2008
oh! an open chance! Umino go for it strike while the opportunity is hot! ditch those 2 b!tches and go for Hiro!!!
5/5.

Aug 7, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 2021
He forgot to mention another secret haha. Sachi is a brocon
Aug 7, 2022 11:42 AM

May 2021
Sucks that they didn't show Hiro's reaction to the fact that Nagi proposed to her despite being engaged.

Aug 7, 2022 8:26 PM
Feb 2021
RioFS said:
Sucks that they didn't show Hiro's reaction to the fact that Nagi proposed to her despite being engaged.

Well, she knows that Nagi and Erika don't want to actually get married, so her reaction probably wouldn't be that severe.
Aug 7, 2022 8:30 PM

May 2021
MugenNoShirayuki said:
RioFS said:

Well, she knows that Nagi and Erika don't want to actually get married, so her reaction probably wouldn't be that severe.

Yeah, but did they ever SHOW that to us?

Aug 7, 2022 8:59 PM

Feb 2011
I know it wont happen but I would love for more Sachi x Nagi action.
Best ship in the show tbh

Aug 8, 2022 6:03 AM

May 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
viperhc said:

Hiro is engaged to be married to someone in order to inherit the shrine. But we don't know who that person is, and she might not either.

but even then did segawa say anything abt liking Nagi?
Aug 8, 2022 6:03 AM

May 2020
Scootboi said:

there have no romantic chemistry only non blood sibling relationship. So, idk why u ship them
Aug 8, 2022 9:52 AM
Feb 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

but even then did segawa say anything abt liking Nagi?

There's this thing called subtext that can be used to infer the underlying meaning of something without having to explicitly say it.
Aug 8, 2022 1:21 PM

Feb 2011
Natsude_tanaka said:
Scootboi said:

there have no romantic chemistry only non blood sibling relationship. So, idk why u ship them

because it feels so wrong yet so right

Also sachi has been around nagi for years now. They have chemistry... just need a push to go a little further :)

Aug 8, 2022 8:05 PM
Dec 2010
Is no one going to talk about how this follow-up to last ep's cliffhanger makes ABSOLUTELY NO F*****G SENSE!?! I mean, unless I watched an entirely different anime, last ep we saw Erika and Sachi go to the festival, leaving Nagi to wash dishes (and revealing to what's-her-name that Sachi is Erika's imouto, while already being Nagi's imouto), and this ep. Erika and Nagi are the ones going to the festival with Sachi being the one cleaning dishes. Like, WTF?! For about half the ep, I thought I was watching the wrong anime. Please tell me that this 'continuity' has some logic to it.
Aug 9, 2022 4:19 AM
Oct 2019
What is this continuation error?

didn't last episode Nagi doing dishes and three girls already meet in the festival? why now it's Sachi that doing dishes? with Erika and Nagi are going to festival?
Hey any Manga reader can confirmed this?

Festival Episode with secret being revealed?
and brocon getting jealous again.
Aug 9, 2022 4:20 AM
Oct 2019
irbis said:
Is no one going to talk about how this follow-up to last ep's cliffhanger makes ABSOLUTELY NO F*****G SENSE!?! I mean, unless I watched an entirely different anime, last ep we saw Erika and Sachi go to the festival, leaving Nagi to wash dishes (and revealing to what's-her-name that Sachi is Erika's imouto, while already being Nagi's imouto), and this ep. Erika and Nagi are the ones going to the festival with Sachi being the one cleaning dishes. Like, WTF?! For about half the ep, I thought I was watching the wrong anime. Please tell me that this 'continuity' has some logic to it.

Yeah i had to rewatch the end of Episode 14 again to make sure....
i'm confused as well
Aug 9, 2022 6:53 AM
Feb 2021
davidyodo24 said:
What is this continuation error?

didn't last episode Nagi doing dishes and three girls already meet in the festival? why now it's Sachi that doing dishes? with Erika and Nagi are going to festival?
Hey any Manga reader can confirmed this?

Festival Episode with secret being revealed?
and brocon getting jealous again.

Manga reader here. It's just as inconsistent there, too. The author wanted to end the chapter on a cliffhanger and then backtracked I guess.
Aug 9, 2022 9:25 AM
Apr 2018
irbis said:

There's a little flashback in this episode that Sachi's gonna wash the dishes and let Nagi go with Erika.

It was the same in the manga. I guess after Erika & Sachi went to the festival, they came back to Nagi's place and let Sachi switch place with Nagi.

It doesn't seem like an error, just the same old trick that many authors use; to end and start a new chapter with some exciting scene, and then explain the detail with some flashback panels.
Aug 9, 2022 9:49 AM
Dec 2010
The thing is, when Erika and Nagi arrive at the festival, she mentions it's her first time and her amazement (and lack of knowledge about it) matches it, but that can't be true because she was just at the festival with Sachi. And I don't recall a flashback about them going back.
Aug 9, 2022 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That kind of summer festival episode is always good even though it's classic, well at least Segawa knows about the truth now
Aug 9, 2022 1:43 PM

May 2018
damn I wished I could afford a summer trip to monaco
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

8 by Mainblocks »»
Apr 17, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.