Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I like Falma's determination. He has the heart of a healer and no matter how difficult or who to help, he doesn't give up.

Skills wise, it looks like Falma is improving too. That princess is lucky they found Falma or she would've likely died.
Jul 24, 2022 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
Well his Falma took actian when he needed to and he managed to convince his father of his powers and knowledge now the question is will everything go as planned.
It looks like things are in the right direction.
The part where he had to convince his father was intense but it was a great scene.
Jul 24, 2022 6:54 AM

Feb 2020
My favorite episode so far.

Farma is doing such a great job.

I'm glad he was able to convince his father.

SerafosJul 24, 2022 9:27 AM
Jul 24, 2022 7:30 AM

Jun 2021
It’s nice to finally see how medicine actually works in this world where magic is real. Though it seems like in their world TB is still a death sentence. Their reliance on what is practically superstition is kind of interesting. What do the stars have to do with medicine? Is that. A magic thing?

It was kind of frustrating when his dad was basically about to destroy the lab because of his ignorance. I can’t entirely blame him but still, it was sorta infuriating. At least things worked out once he explained the situation somewhat. The dad knows Farma isn’t his Farma, and though it’s a little sad it’s nice to see him kind of accept this “new” Farma.

I thought that was a very smart way for him to explain bacteria. He’s really about to revolutionize medicine and their understanding of biology with what he’s done. I imagine he’s gonna face some resistance as the season progresses.

Kind of related to this series overall, but what kinds of medical training (if any) do pharmacists actually have in our world anyways? Just kinda curious.
Jul 24, 2022 7:36 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Really like this episode. The medicine & regiments have all been accurate so far. Plus I was expecting a bunch of nobles to learn about bacteria in this manner. Wonder if we will see how academics will change in this world
Jul 24, 2022 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
Her Majesty, the Empress Elisabeth II has a severe medical problem, but so is Bruno having a somewhat worse cough.

But regardless, the examinations conducted on-site piques Farma's interest, while Bruno has identified the root cause: tuberculosis (or the "white death" as known in their world), known to infect the lungs into cancer. And none other than Farma can identify the cure needed to put her back into recovery, but given his position, he's not in any way to interfere that despite all objection and lost hope, he'll do all he can as his medical inquiries surpass even all medical knowledge of the fantasy world.

Even with Bruno's initially strong opposition, while Farma can't divulge all details, the father entrusting the Queen's medicine concoction to Farma is the only way out, despite the backstory of how lightning struck him and got blessed by Panactheos. When it came to the actual prescription, what they all saw shocked their eyes, much less the modern way of consuming medicine having its input in the fantasy world.

How Bruno taught Farma before the turn, it's clear that all was done through harsh teaching, and not the way of how a father should raise his son to be like him. But after this, he certainly saw Farma's transformation, and the new Farma certainly beats him fair and square.

Certainly a watershed moment.
Jul 24, 2022 7:53 AM
Apr 2022
Everyone in the room: wtf is TB?
MC: the thing all of you have now because that shit is airborne roflmao. Just buy this health insurance plan I have and I will give you all treatment for 999.99 a month.
Jul 24, 2022 7:55 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Farma knew the medicine to cure the white death, tuberculosis...
At first everyone including his father were very sceptical though he did it in the end!
His father also knows about his holy mark he has and that he has been blessed by the guardian deity Panactheos.
This was a very good episode and passed by in minutes for me! It for some reason gives me the same feeling as when I watched Mushoku tensei and that's a good thing...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDJul 24, 2022 8:00 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 24, 2022 8:00 AM
Sep 2015
A little bit sad the moment when the father knows the old Farma is gone, but I think the father might assume that since the new Farma come with a god tier ability, his original son's soul should be in heaven, or at least somewhere safe. It hurts me everytime when I see the isekai that replace the existing person in another world instead of creating a new one, because it means the original soul of the body is gone, or at least in an inactive state.

In previous episode I already mention that the father is too hot, and now this episode introduce Archduke, which is very hot too! I'm wondering what's his relationship with the Empress.
Jul 24, 2022 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
I knew it was tuberculosis, but why on earth didn't Pharma told to everyone there to leave the room immediately? Now depending on how good the immune system of all those people is, there is a chance they are screwed like his father
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 24, 2022 8:27 AM

Mar 2021
Love how Farma Wouldn't give up saving the empress when everyone else had just shows how caring he is
Jul 24, 2022 8:33 AM
Apr 2022
farma is doing well. this isekai and me is one of a kind. we have an op mc but his OPness is kind of cool in a way. o. glass he convincedbhis father
Jul 24, 2022 8:36 AM
Jan 2018
phantomfandom said:
A little bit sad the moment when the father knows the old Farma is gone, but I think the father might assume that since the new Farma come with a god tier ability, his original son's soul should be in heaven, or at least somewhere safe. It hurts me everytime when I see the isekai that replace the existing person in another world instead of creating a new one, because it means the original soul of the body is gone, or at least in an inactive state.

In previous episode I already mention that the father is too hot, and now this episode introduce Archduke, which is very hot too! I'm wondering what's his relationship with the Empress.

Don’t see why it didn’t just have him reborn him with all
His previous memory from the start instead of something causing them to awaken like 10 years later
Jul 24, 2022 8:38 AM
Jan 2018
A downside to the anime is that it looks like explanations will
Be simplified due to run time when in the manga/ln there was more to the explanations and discussion’s
Jul 24, 2022 8:41 AM

Apr 2020
Ayo its the Queen herself...ngl I called it but still somehow surprised that they didn't changed the name for this series, like really Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II....well God Save the Queen and enough references Falma is saving her from meeting with death.

It's somehow a fact that we're already getting this in Episode 3, these are stuff you see on the latter halves of shows but with this one we're already getting Falma's big break early on.

The recovery of Her Majesty will not be overnight but once she does in months time, and when she does our boy will be decorated for life....and at the same time I thought if the Queen dies on Falma's drugs, he will get exiled or worse executed, which was a funny thought.
Jul 24, 2022 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
Oh so his power works in a way that lights up when the correct differential diagnosis hits right?
If it's CA Lung + Bronchiectasis + TB she ain't gonna last till the TB drugs finish working :')
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jul 24, 2022 10:45 AM
Apr 2021
Best episode so far this shit was so wholesome at the end🥹🥹
Jul 24, 2022 11:09 AM

Feb 2019
All I can hear when the dad talks is “MYNE” funny cause both series are pretty similar and two of the best done isekai.

Loved seeing Farma and his dad able to work through their problems and accept one another. Some really healthy parenting on display.
Jul 24, 2022 1:18 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode again, probably the best one so far.

From the OP it seems the empress will become a important character later on.
Jul 24, 2022 1:44 PM

Dec 2016
In my 35+ years of watching anime, never have I watched anything beyond 1x speed. But shows like these that over stretch scenes with useless details and convoluted dialogues that halt any progression I certainly wouldn't blame nor shame those who watch at 2X or more. Directors need to understand how a story should flow with characters that feel real, not like puppets that are reading a long and convoluted dialogues that instead call for actual actions (like hasting to save the queen's life) rather than explain utter reasoning before hand.
KimurahJul 24, 2022 1:59 PM
Jul 24, 2022 3:13 PM

Sep 2020
Probably the best episode so far! The music fits the atmosphere so well, looks like he will be well-known across the country soon.
Jul 24, 2022 3:48 PM
Nov 2013
Good episode but the super slow pacing makes this a pain to watch after reading the manga, have to drop it for now.
TwerkkiJul 25, 2022 4:15 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Twerkki&sclick=1]
Jul 24, 2022 4:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Was that five minutes or what? Lol, this one was awesome tho, Farma putting aside hiding his abilities to help the empress with her illness was cool to see. I was also a bit surprised by Farma’s dad being so understanding here, he wasn’t at first of course, even using magic against his own son, but Farma made it apparent really fast that he knew what he was doing and convinced his dad.

Another great scene was when Farma showed everyone in the room what bacteria is, loved the reactions there, bacteria is really creepy when you think about it lol. I’m glad to see the empress is gonna survive, I think I saw her in the OP not bedridden after all, and it’s interesting that Farma’s dad can tell that Farma isn’t his son that he knew, the man really is smart.

And I’m gonna leave a comment here at the end to say that ED is a true jam, I said it last week but I gotta say it again lol.
Jul 24, 2022 4:39 PM

Aug 2020
this episode is actually quite good.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 24, 2022 5:32 PM
Jan 2022
This is definitely my favourite episode so far. Farma managed to convince his father to allow him to administer medicine to the queen, and now Farma's father knows that hes now basically a god.

I got to say I really enjoyed the part where everyone in the queens room was freaking out about the discovery of bacteria, It's just so funny to think what's common knowledge today was only discovered about ~350 years ago which isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.
Jul 24, 2022 6:19 PM

Aug 2011
I'm not usually an isekai fan and I've gotten tired of most of the ones I picked up over the years but this show has been really good so far. The LN author is either an actual pharmacist or a medicine otaku (for whatever reason, if those exist lol) and wrote this as the ultimate power fantasy self insert. Usually an annoying trope, but a medical field power fantasy? I respect it. I was surprised at how accurate all the treatments have been so far, and the diagnoses are pretty obvious but fun to guess.

inuvivo said:
Oh so his power works in a way that lights up when the correct differential diagnosis hits right?
If it's CA Lung + Bronchiectasis + TB she ain't gonna last till the TB drugs finish working :')

NGL I thought he was gonna try to make some immunotherapy for the lung cancer until I realized that was just a differential.

Jul 24, 2022 6:45 PM
Jun 2019
The queen is dying. Everyone else has given up on her recovery, except for the one actual doctor in the room with the knowledge of modern medicine. He makes medicine for tuberculosis, which doesn’t yet exist in the world. His father reprimands him.

I personally enjoyed the father and son moment that they had in the lab. It showed his father to be a pretty good one. Although his father had a not-so-good relationship with the previous one, he can deepen his relationship with the current one. Even though he said he wasn’t close to his son, he could still notice the difference between both Farma. So I guess they were somewhat close after all.

When he created the medicine for tuberculosis and gave it to the queen, I like that the disease didn’t immediately disappear, and it was a long-term medication, just like modern medicine. He also took it to show that it’s not poison.

Anyway, a pretty solid episode imo
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 24, 2022 7:46 PM
Apr 2022
Honestly this series is starting off really well and is one of the few Isekai series I can actually stand to watch. It gives me some Ascendance of Bookworm vibes which is a positive in my book as well.

Though the fact that the courtier shares the same voice actor for Aizen and High Priest Ferdinand (Ascendance of a Bookworm) makes it all the more enjoyable to watch.

I really like how Farma's father handled the situation here. He acted reasonably as he didn't want his son accidentally killing the Empress. Based on what was was presented, the "Empire" seems to be reminiscent of 18th Century Austria in terms of its aesthetic and how it operates. Medicine during this time period wasn't the best and the strict division of society into various social strata was very much in force.

A good example would be with King Louis XIV who ruled during this time period. When he was building Versailles, the poor safety conditions led to the deaths of many workers. One of the workers mothers who was also part of the staff, publicly complained to the King while he was inspecting the building process, she also in her grief verbally berated the King. While the King was sympathetic, he still had her whipped as a punishment as she broke the law of "lese-majeste" where it was forbidden to insult or offend royals.

One wrong move by Farma could have gotten the whole family as they could be accused of being part of some conspiracy to poison the Empress. Court politics were really volatile and many people were on edge especially in times where a ruler's health is in crisis and the time for succession nears.
Jul 24, 2022 8:56 PM

Jun 2019
Another highly enjoyable episode, although contrary to what seems to be prevailing opinion, I actually preferred the second episode and would consider it the best of the three episode run so far; probably because I enjoyed the density of the variety of different illnesses and, to a lesser extent, accompanying remedies they delved into.

Twerkki said:
Good episode but the super slow pacing makes this a pain to watch after reading the manga, have to drop it for now.

This is super slow pacing?!

To borrow a line I frequently see MAL users toss back and forth at each other daily, but which I never thought was in as perfect alignment with the demands of the situation as right here and now - "WTF?"
Jul 24, 2022 10:10 PM

Jan 2020
I’m truly enjoying this series more than I thought
Jul 25, 2022 12:29 AM
Jul 2015
Does anyone know the device Farma used to see the bacteria ? I am guessing it is has a specific name instead of loupe or microscope? ( the thing that the empress watched with the candle).

Jul 25, 2022 1:12 AM
Jul 2020
richardphat said:
Does anyone know the device Farma used to see the bacteria ? I am guessing it is has a specific name instead of loupe or microscope? ( the thing that the empress watched with the candle).

It was his version of Antony van Leeuwenhoek's single lens microscope. Leeuwenhoek was the first person observe bacteria and protozoa (Source: Britanica.com).
rukia132Jul 25, 2022 1:19 AM
Jul 25, 2022 1:42 AM
Sep 2017
Nice episode. I wish they would've adapted the way he uses his diagnostic eye from the manga.
Jul 25, 2022 4:10 AM
Nov 2013
WatchTillTandava said:

Twerkki said:

This is super slow pacing?!

To borrow a line I frequently see MAL users toss back and forth at each other daily, but which I never thought was in as perfect alignment with the demands of the situation as right here and now - "WTF?"

Alright super slow is an exaggeration, but the episode only spans about 1 chapter of the manga which takes 5 minutes to read while the episode drags this on to 20 minutes while even skipping some small parts and detail. Maybe I've just broken my expectations by reading manga.
I feel like at this rate they're not going to get even near the best and most exciting parts of the series so far.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Twerkki&sclick=1]
Jul 25, 2022 6:10 AM

Mar 2008
TB is a pretty nasty disease. I guess it makes sense he used four antibiotics for someone who is in a pretty bad state.

Farma’s dad seems quietly sad thinking that his Farma may be gone but not entirely sad since it’s not clear how much of his Farma is gone and if it’s permanent so he can’t even properly grieve.
Jul 25, 2022 6:25 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Farma's father diagnoses the white plague in the queen and Farma does not stand still and creates a remedy for this disease and his father discovers that he was blessed by the god of pharmacists and decides to trust him
Jul 25, 2022 8:17 AM

Feb 2014
Big respect for Farma in this episode. Upon seeing what condition the queen was in and how everyone around were resigned to being unable to help her, he stepped in, proclaiming that he had what it makes to make a cute for her.

Not only would that be tough to do, dealing with his father and his disapproval of what Farma was doing was another thing to deal with. Eventually, Farma's power was enough to stop them fighting and for his father to reconsider on his original thoughts after seeing how much Farma has put into his research. He can tell that Farma isn't the same after the lightning strike happened which gave him the powers that he has now, which is understandable, but he's willing to let him handle things, which was a wise thing to do.

One thing that I liked was how Farma was able to showcase to everyone what bacteria looked like with a form of a microscope. His showcase in front of everyone and giving the medicine to the queen, hopefully she'll be on the path to a full recovery. Not only that, but he also made medicine for his own father to take to combat his own issues, which led to a nice bonding moment between them, with his father acknowledging that he hasn't been that great as a father to his own son, so this scene does help him take that step into being more respectful and kinder to Farma. =)

Overall, this episode was really good.
Jul 25, 2022 9:53 AM

Jun 2016
very solid episode !!!

Jul 25, 2022 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
So that's how the Queen is older than world's history.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 25, 2022 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
Wow... never expected this show to be so good. Can't wait for more. A true example of don't judge a book by its cover (or a title, with "isekai" in it)
Jul 25, 2022 9:59 PM
Nov 2021
This anime is quite enjoyable, more than expected. Only issue with this episode is I feel like the queen's ability to discern talent to trust was too convenient, but I don't have any ideas what they could have done differently.
Jul 26, 2022 5:56 AM
Nov 2021
science + magic = damn 🔥🔥
can't say anything for now.. still ! for now , i like this series.
Jul 26, 2022 3:35 PM
Jul 2021
Serafos said:
My favorite episode so far.

Farma is doing such a great job.

I'm glad he was able to convince his father.

Right? Wtf! I was ALREADY sold on this series, but this episode just blew me away. It has a Bookworm feel but different and a ton of heart. At first when his dad was attacking him I thought this was going to go a different way and he'd end up leaving the house.

But in the end we had that heartfelt moment with his dad and he won't have to hide his abilities anymore. I hope he starts a place for caring for everyone like a free care clinic or something.
Jul 26, 2022 10:33 PM

May 2019
Yeah I'm enjoying this series and this was a great episode, probably my favorite so far. Even though Falma and his dad had an altercation, to say the least, they worked things out in the end. I was happy to see Bruno figured out that Falma was blessed and trusted for him to proceed with the TB medicine. Also, it was nice to see that his father let Falma take the credit, but also the responsibility, for the medicine. Based on the title of the next episode, "The Empress and an Imperial Charter," I'm guessing that the empress might either promote Falma and/or declare that TB (aka white death) to be at least treatable, or maybe something else entirely, we'll see.
Jul 27, 2022 1:56 PM
Mar 2021
I failed Chemistry in 10th grade so I have no clue what any of these chemical things even mean
Jul 28, 2022 9:39 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I honestly didn't expected something on this one. But after watching 3 episodes at once I was surprised. This one is so damn good. Didn't expect isekai and medicine would really go well together. Definitely a hidden gem for the season.
Jul 29, 2022 5:16 AM
Nov 2019
If Falma treated a commoner and got popular via that then what would've happened? He would've been executed considering as "unknown deity"
So how to overcome that obstacle and move the narrative forward. Let him treat the person in highest authority from a disease that has 100% mortality in this world. This event was narratively significant for upcoming things the show has to offer.
Jul 29, 2022 8:06 PM

Aug 2018
Farma and his father went to the empress and she was very sick, she had the white plague.
Farma offered to help her, but there was a problem, His father. He knew she had it but there was no cure. There was a little tension here. Farma wanted to try, and his father already found out that he has certain powers.
And well, Farma made the medicine and it looks like he will be in charge of the empress.
It was a very good chapter.
Jul 30, 2022 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
when they take time to adapt, you can really bring out the changes inside the character's mind in the form of animation, dialogue, soundwork
poor Bruno lost his son, and only after seeing this "Farma" he realized that he has lost his son. prob can't cover that to the detail if they had chosen to rush this content (which I can see happening if they want, but they didn't)
I really appreciate the direction they take here in regards to the adaptation. allows me to enjoy the story thoroughly as somebody who hasn't touch the manga prior to watching the anime.
Jul 31, 2022 11:13 AM
May 2021
inuvivo said:
Late quote but I just watched E3 today. My guess was that he was trying to look through her lung scan and see what it could be just off that. He started with lung cancer but discarded the possibility once he figured out it was tuberculosis.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2022

66 by czurny_typ »»
Today, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2022

55 by DIVYANIME »»
Mar 22, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2022

152 by _KiieL »»
Mar 12, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2022

63 by borodino21 »»
Feb 26, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2022

74 by samot-frt »»
Feb 9, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.