Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2022 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
So Kelvin received a promotion while continously improving himself in that fantasy world.

One thing about this guy is that he seems fearless about whatever quests he sees. Honestly, maybe he should consider leveling up a bit more if he wants to take on some..idk, more dangerous quests.

He is making progress on improving himself though.
Jul 16, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2015
the quality really surprised me, they're doing a great work with this CGI
since Kuro no Shoukanshi is all about big and epic fights, this kinda hyped me up for the upcoming battles.

can't wait for Kelvin to earn his well deserved title as the Battle Maniac
Jul 16, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
I thought this was a really cool seasonal show, but the shear amount of horrible cgi in episode 2 just pissed me the fuck off
Jul 16, 2022 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
Pethaas said:
the quality really surprised me, they're doing a great work with this CGI
since Kuro no Shoukanshi is all about big and epic fights, this kinda hyped me up for the upcoming battles.

can't wait for Kelvin to earn his well deserved title as the Battle Maniac

No dude. The fights would be so much better if they were just normally animated. Looking at how Kelvin was normally animated and the the black knight sitting in front of him was cgi was so disorting.
Jul 16, 2022 7:58 AM
May 2014
DeadZer0ne said:
I thought this was a really cool seasonal show, but the shear amount of horrible cgi in episode 2 just pissed me the fuck off

yeah, i had to skip through the entire cgi fight, crappy ass animation
maybe they ran out of time or money?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2022 7:59 AM
Dec 2020
The cgi is definitely less than ideal but I get it. Not every show has jujitsu Kaisen budget and honestly it’s bearable. If you don’t like it it’s understandable but what did you really expect from the trashy isekai?
Jul 16, 2022 8:00 AM

Feb 2021
cristinacke28 said:
DeadZer0ne said:

yeah, i had to skip through the entire cgi fight, crappy ass animation
maybe they ran out of time or money?
i will continue watching this, but it really sadened me, because i liked the first episode a lot. If the mc gets bithcy around girls and it becomes another annoying harem, im dropping this for sure. But for now, ill keep watching, and sincerely hope this was the last of cgi!
Jul 16, 2022 8:01 AM

Oct 2021
CG is tolerable and seems to be comparable to RWBY, although the switch between 2D and 3D can be off-putting.
Jul 16, 2022 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
Lol the fears have been confirmed.

The op has shown the character rion and her outfit has been utterly censored.

Thist production committee is utter garbage, first censorship and to add to that they also included this goddamn awful cgi.

"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jul 16, 2022 8:25 AM

Sep 2021
could do a little bit better on CGI but oh well, cant expect much on an isekai adaptation
Jul 16, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2018
Didn't expected that fight with the knight on CG, but it was alright. Not laggy like Ajin's. A new addition to Kelvin's service.
Jul 16, 2022 8:47 AM

Nov 2014
The CG fight sure was a major downside, looked like a cutscene from fighting game. Mixed animation during talk with knight was ok imo. Knight's voice is a bit meh for such a badass character. Other than that I liked this episode. If they don't go overboard with CGI in future episodes it should be entertaining anime.
Jul 16, 2022 9:06 AM

Nov 2015
damn was i the only one who liked the CGI in this episode?
Jul 16, 2022 9:07 AM
May 2021
that CGI fight felt like game cutscene, not bad though. Good effort
Jul 16, 2022 9:08 AM
May 2021
Pethaas said:

I also liked it. These people just overreact whenever CGI comes in place of 2D. It felt like a game cutscene fight so i am good with it
Jul 16, 2022 9:52 AM

Dec 2010
Bland story, annoying MC, horrendous CGI and censored to boot. Better to drop it now than to waste any more time.
DarkDooM2Jul 16, 2022 10:31 AM
Jul 16, 2022 10:00 AM

Jun 2013
Apratim said:
Pethaas said:

I also liked it. These people just overreact whenever CGI comes in place of 2D. It felt like a game cutscene fight so i am good with it

like a bad bad game cutscene fight.
CGI for characters it's the worst thing happen in the animation industries...
it's bad, it's ugly, and the 2D/3D transitions are too violent. there is nothing to appreciate in it.
Jul 16, 2022 10:15 AM

Mar 2018
Nothing against this show in particular, but why do so many feel the need to make the "evil-doers'" character designs so obviously evil? It doesn't even matter that he was a throwaway character, it can't be that hard to make a character just not look like a bad person. Looking past this, they then felt the need to have background characters mumble about how this obviously evil guy is bad and his terrible deeds. It's just over the top, at least in my opinion.

Besides that, CGI was cool I guess, didn't really fit but we can chalk that up to a stylistic choice.
Jul 16, 2022 11:06 AM
Aug 2020
Pethaas said:

No, honestly thought it looked really good.
Jul 16, 2022 11:26 AM

May 2018
ok I did not expect that CGI battle... the rest of the episode was good though
Jul 16, 2022 11:42 AM

Oct 2017
Felt like I was watching an ingame cutscene for a while. Though I don't see why some people are overreacting to it cause it wasn't bad.
Jul 16, 2022 11:47 AM

Jan 2008
The lighting and shading with the CGI looked so off. Looks like their attempt to blend it in but it just looked like a brightness gradient. Can't say I liked it nor did I think it made it any better.
Jul 16, 2022 11:55 AM

Jul 2017
That fight looked like a cheap in-game action cutscene lol. I've seen much worse CGI usage in anime but this was by no means close to the prettiest or best quality CGI I've seen. It still sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't look consistent whatsoever with the actual show and what it's going for. Rest of the episode was really mediocre and forgettable to say the least.
Jul 16, 2022 12:01 PM
Mar 2018
Apratim said:
Pethaas said:

ive watched a ton of bad cgi in anime and honestly this isnt that bad, sure 2d animation is always preferred but after the initial transition it didnt bother me at all. could it be better? sure. is it as bad as everyone's making out? not in the slightest.
Jul 16, 2022 12:11 PM

May 2021
let's be honest, this is a mid adaptation (so far but most certainly will be like this) but the music is on point!
Jul 16, 2022 12:30 PM

Oct 2014
Fight scene is fine. Some polishing and it’d be great.
Jul 16, 2022 1:40 PM
Sep 2016
jtdlobb said:
Apratim said:

ive watched a ton of bad cgi in anime and honestly this isnt that bad, sure 2d animation is always preferred but after the initial transition it didnt bother me at all. could it be better? sure. is it as bad as everyone's making out? not in the slightest.

I feel like some people who hating so much on CGI need to watch shirobako on the part where they debate in order to choose 2d or 3d animating, some studios currently might not have the time nor the budget to produce such thing, that's why they resort to this, which is totally fine in my eyes and imo 10x way better than arifureta (1st season atleast, since i dropped it off because of it).
Jul 16, 2022 1:42 PM

Dec 2020
The cgi fight surprised me and was tbh not bad. Our boy kelvin eazy destroy these 3 randoms.
He make also a contract with that knight nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 16, 2022 2:22 PM
Apr 2021
Sure now everyone is talking about the fight scene I thought for moment I was playing a game in story 😂 What was that? I didn’t like but We all can agree episode 1 seemed promising but now I’m unsure......

Jul 16, 2022 2:54 PM

May 2016
Is there an actual picture of melfina I can see?
Jul 16, 2022 3:46 PM
Feb 2018
love the episode Kelvin moving up fast taking out bad actors in adventurer guild. I was glad at the end hopefully Kelvin can help Gerard getting back at those that destroyed his kingdom. Gerard a good guy already plan his lord harem
Jul 16, 2022 4:27 PM

Sep 2018
This show is really shockingly bad.
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 16, 2022 5:44 PM

Nov 2012
I liked the episode, but the suddeb use of cgi was surprising and unnecessary.
Jul 16, 2022 6:18 PM
Dec 2021
for a moment I thought a crappy video game was being played....the story is so good but please just dont ruin it with this level of cgi ..even if you don't have the budget 😑
Jul 16, 2022 6:19 PM

Jan 2015
As a fan of the LN I'll say I'm mostly enjoying this so far. The show feels calmer in tone which I guess is fine but the action also lacked any sense of... action. The CGI itself was fairly bad, and though I have seen worse it added nothing of worth to this show. If this show goes with lots of fighting I'll probably drop it, but it feels like they are trying to ignore combat if possible to me.
Jul 16, 2022 7:20 PM

Nov 2009
I can't say what the OG MC is like, most likely some sort of gamer.

But this new MC seems to be fairly calm about everything and very optimistic.

___ ___ ___

Interesting... the Slime can evolve eh?... tho it resembles more to Jellyfish Slime. (imagine what would happen if he evolves into Rimura... LUUUL)

And the Black Knight is not only intelligent, but he's also pretty friendly and chill guy, LOL. (3D-CG is interesting tho, since he's the only one in CG while everything else is in 2D) (tho some fight scenes is in 3D, and the ED is also partly 3D)

___ ___ ___

It's not a bad episode, there were some developments and the MC is slowly leveling/ ranking up. (also, the Guild girls seems to be part of his Harem already, LOL)

___ ___ ___
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 16, 2022 7:27 PM

Dec 2021
Im not a fan of cgi fight, but its some cringe af while watch they move, feel like play game than watch anime for me, I really hope they consider make a game instead anime, Overall nothing special just normal OP isekai char
Jul 16, 2022 8:22 PM
Jun 2019
Talk about going from zero to 100 real quick

The fight with the knight was weird. It was mostly in 2D then suddenly switched to 3D, and I was taken aback. Then it started switching between 2D and 3D, and I was like bruh!
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 16, 2022 8:24 PM
May 2022
everyone crapping on the CGI for the fight but I thought it looked dope, a nice change of pace from most other anime
Jul 16, 2022 8:26 PM
Jul 2007
the use of cgi in the episode was unexpected, but the quality was not so bad. Overall a good episode
Jul 16, 2022 9:15 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I liked this episode! Summoner is Isekai Pokemon and the CGI battle was like Pokemon Colosseum.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 16, 2022 9:38 PM

Jan 2020
I personally didn’t mind this cgi as much as others, tho 2D is still better. I cut some slack to some studios for budget issues I guess. Well, as a reader of the manga adaptation i won’t say it’s amazing but it’s definitely alright, unlike another adaptation of a manga I read (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer).
Jul 16, 2022 9:40 PM

Oct 2008
WHAT THE EF!!! it suddenly went into EX-ARM LEVELS OF CG!!! BWAHAHAHAH! but not bad!
4/5.

Jul 16, 2022 10:10 PM
Aug 2019
-Nyaa- said:
the cgi is ex arm kinda level
Just no, its really rough but not F tier bad, maybe D tier lol.
Jul 16, 2022 10:11 PM
Aug 2019
Animillion said:
I personally didn’t mind this cgi as much as others, tho 2D is still better. I cut some slack to some studios for budget issues I guess. Well, as a reader of the manga adaptation i won’t say it’s amazing but it’s definitely alright, unlike another adaptation of a manga I read (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer).
Instead of cgi they are better off doing 2d and only showings parts of the fight, just my opinion.
Jul 16, 2022 10:45 PM

Jun 2021
Kelvin didn’t want to draw attention but he’s already drawing attention just by soloing quests lol.

I could tell Cashel was gonna he trouble. He just came off kind of like a douche. Him and his buddies were like little annoying flies wandering into a spider’s web lol. A spider’s web with a slime gluttonia waiting for ‘em! Good lord Clotho got ginormous! Little fella evolved into a giant Muk lol. Good thing Clotho can shrink. Would be tough to hide that presence!

Gerard looks pretty scary, but he’s just a chatty old fella haha. I wonder if that candy was a werther’s original or maybe a mint lmao. But man, that was one hell of a fight! Glad looks like Kelvin’s got himself another follower. That’s 3, he’s got room for 7 more. Can’t wait to see who else joins the party!

I’m gonna go ahead and guess that old guy at the end was the guild master with a special quest or request for Kelvin.
Jul 16, 2022 10:59 PM

Apr 2020
I liked the cinematography in this episode. Also the music was cool.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jul 17, 2022 1:51 AM

Oct 2017
THE ED IS FIREEEEEEE can't wait for a full version.

CGI pre fight was good, CGI during fight was ass
Jul 17, 2022 2:24 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, show really transitioned into a game cutscene there, and you know what, I liked it lmao. This is honestly pretty good so far, at the very least, the main characters so far are likeable. Of course, Kelvin and Melfina, add Gerard to that now too. Did not expect the chill ED though, it was nice.
Jul 17, 2022 3:37 AM
Jul 2022
Why the F are they cutting fight scene from the anime???

i mean the fight between kelvin ans cahel may not be epic on the whole but i was cool in the books and would have been cooler in the anime

and anime need to dump the 3d for character animation they should aim to blend it more like tensei slime rather than making actual main characters with bad 3d
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuro no Shoukanshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

96 by luhenri »»
Mar 8, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Kuro no Shoukanshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

121 by ST63LTH »»
Feb 8, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kuro no Shoukanshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

46 by ST63LTH »»
Feb 8, 6:10 AM

» Episode 1 is boring??!

RjtheGreat14 - Jan 10

17 by Masterbos175 »»
Jan 17, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Kuro no Shoukanshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 13, 2022

50 by enrosurobakia »»
Jan 9, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.