Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
The male protags enjoying their time, and what the future holds...it's uncertain.

It's all stupid fun, and yes Kunisaki, why are you in the group...

Of course, ending with Yumemi on Planetarium, and Ushio forebearing with her dango plush with Tomoya and Nagisa, a nice ending.

See you next time...?
Jun 28, 2022 9:21 AM
May 2021
This is the last episode and why it's not been updated yet in MAL?? still showing question mark in total eps lol
Jun 28, 2022 9:24 AM
Mar 2020
Was this the final episode??
Loved the ending to the episode though
the clannad vibes were nice
Jun 28, 2022 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
Oh blimey, the moment Shining in the Sky started to play and I saw Ushio and Nagisa it was like having the emotions from watching Clannad all those years ago come back. Strange, I do not recall peeling onions recently.
May the Uguu be with you.

Jun 28, 2022 9:26 AM

Nov 2020
Season 1 was a ok but S2 stepped it up big time. Love Key <3
Jun 28, 2022 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
Given that it's Key I shouldn't be too surprised, but dammit. They got me to tear up at the end of a collab spinoff.

Not being prepared to hear Ushio's voice again after so long was one thing. Seeing a glimpse of the After Story family in the happy ending was another thing. But realizing that these weekly four minutes of Key collaboration chaos was over started to set in, and coming to terms that we're going to miss all of these characters from all of these franchises all over again just hit a really sensitive spot.

Gushy stuff aside, I'm calling third season after the Summer Pockets anime airs.
Jun 28, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yukito with his fantasies xD.
Yumemi and Ushio!

MISUZU CHIN DOUBLE PINCH!

We need a season 3 which I'm sure will happen!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 28, 2022 9:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay wrapping the whole thing up as a Planeterian production was pretty smart x3

Also kind of goes to show the power of Key magic when even after all this silly nonsense, just hearing a bit of Shining in the Sky at the end is still enough to get you a bit emotional
Jun 28, 2022 9:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You would make me tear up right at the very end, not fair!
Jun 28, 2022 9:53 AM

Jun 2021
Damn, both Nagisa moments actually melted my heart out. It's been a long time hearing her calling "Tomoya-kun".

And I guess RikixRin is canon then at this point.

But well, let's agree - this is probably the happiest ever story Key ever produced to us. Thanks to Key, and thanks to Lidenfilms Kyoto.

Looking forward for Prima Doll next week.
Jun 28, 2022 10:03 AM

Mar 2018
The ending was a masterpiece.
Jun 28, 2022 10:20 AM

Oct 2011
Season 3 with Summer Pocket and Prima Doll🙏
Jun 28, 2022 10:38 AM
Jul 2020
That was a perfect way to end off the season with ushio, nagisa and tomoya in a perfect world with planetarian. It’d be cool if that was canon in clannads world
Jun 28, 2022 10:42 AM
Master

Sep 2012
nixops said:
Oh blimey, the moment Shining in the Sky started to play and I saw Ushio and Nagisa it was like having the emotions from watching Clannad all those years ago come back. Strange, I do not recall peeling onions recently.

I felt the same! XD suddenly my eyes where full of tears... and all my memories from clannad came back xD
Jun 28, 2022 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. When Nagisa and Tomoya came for Ushio, it pulled some heartstrings.
Most of the VAs sounds vastly different than I remembered, but it's just time taking it's toll.

It ends with vague cliffhanger, so there is a chance, Bois!

Jun 28, 2022 12:03 PM

Mar 2018
Didn't expect this episode to actually make me tear up but that moment With Tomoya, Nagisa and Ushio was just so good and then seeing Yumemi with the Junker again
Jun 28, 2022 12:31 PM

Feb 2007
I can't believe they left us hanging like that, without telling us who won the election...
Jun 28, 2022 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
Ushio;_; Not a big fan of Planetarian, but ending the season with her hit hella hard.

Really fun season again. Of course I'm hoping for more. Seriously, I feel like they could do 10 without me getting bored.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2017
That end with Ushio and her parents really made me tear up.
Jun 28, 2022 7:05 PM

Mar 2020
Wasn't expecting to cry over a Kaginado episode... Damn

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Jun 28, 2022 7:18 PM

Aug 2020
no way they just did that. Mata nee!

Ushio and Yumemi interaction at the end was the best part🤧

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jun 28, 2022 8:33 PM
Jul 2014
I feel like that ending was deliberately sending mixed signals in case they do decide to do a third season.
Jun 28, 2022 8:43 PM

Dec 2010
I did not expect that Yumemi at the end. That part when Ushio got picked up by Tomoya and Nagisa with that music made me tear up a bit
Jun 29, 2022 3:03 AM

May 2021
ahh great episode, I cried tbh
Jun 29, 2022 3:14 AM

Sep 2011
LMAO Kotarou breathing heavily. He thought his secret was found out.

Jun 29, 2022 3:19 AM

Jun 2021
For the love of God, MAL. PLEASE fix the episode count so we mark this show as completed. My OCD is about to kill me!
Jun 29, 2022 7:10 AM

Nov 2017
Yeah, this literally has Key written all over it (well, duh!) This is the kind of stuff that gets you feeling all kind of emotions, fer sure!
Jun 29, 2022 11:38 AM

Feb 2007
I don't think the ending was that much of a surprise as people make it seem to be, though, unless one has entirely forgotten how the first season began...

GAMEOVERLOSER said:
For the love of God, MAL. PLEASE fix the episode count so we mark this show as completed. My OCD is about to kill me!

You can mark it as completed manually. (Source: having marked it as completed manually)
luinthoronJun 29, 2022 11:41 AM
Jun 29, 2022 12:26 PM
Aug 2020
Smudy said:
You would make me tear up right at the very end, not fair!

Good to know I wasn't the only one then.
Jun 29, 2022 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
Oh man, as soon as Shining in the Sky started, I could feel the tears coming. Then, seeing Ushio with Nagisa and Tomoya made them flow, and I'm impressed that a series of chibi shorts was able to elicit that reaction from me.

Hopefully we get a season 3 with the Summer Pockets one day, cos I absolutely loved the VN and am eagerly (and nervously) waiting for the anime adaptation.
Jun 29, 2022 7:00 PM
Mar 2019
Wish these were not based on characters from ( 10 - 16 ) Years ago, i forgot most of them except Angel Beats, for some reason i never forget them.
Jun 29, 2022 7:41 PM

Sep 2015
Jun 30, 2022 10:22 PM
Jul 2014
bushman66 said:
Wish these were not based on characters from ( 10 - 16 ) Years ago, i forgot most of them except Angel Beats, for some reason i never forget them.

... the entire concept is Key's most popular franchises.
Jul 1, 2022 3:25 AM

Sep 2021
THAT bgm again from Clannad wewwwwsss
Jul 1, 2022 11:34 PM

Nov 2009
I see...

So the entire first and second season we've been watching is in fact all from the Planetarium in the future where the MCs are already adults.

Question now is... where are the other "adult MCs" now? (they only shown us 2)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 2, 2022 11:02 AM
Jul 2014
amlg said:
I see...

So the entire first and second season we've been watching is in fact all from the Planetarium in the future where the MCs are already adults.

Question now is... where are the other "adult MCs" now? (they only shown us 2)

We never had any MCs become adults other than Tomoya and Nagisa. Those are them from the end of After Story.
Jul 2, 2022 10:48 PM

Nov 2009
Damolisher said:

We never had any MCs become adults other than Tomoya and Nagisa. Those are them from the end of After Story.

exactly...

They never had any other MCs become adults... so they never will be? Are all of them "gone"?

This is suppose to be a sort of parody series that shows the daily life and afterwards of all Key characters combined before the "tragedies" happens. (and the characters themselves knows which "tragedies" those are and is aware what world they're from)

But I don't remember everyone being "gone". (albeit I didn't watch every single Key series... lol)

Of course, the "world" they shown us at the end is just "After Story"

I was just wondering since they're doing it in this parody series, the other MCs (that isn't tragedied) should still be somewhere as adults. Unless no one else ever ages besides Tomoyo and Nagisa...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 2, 2022 11:19 PM
Jul 2014
amlg said:
Damolisher said:

exactly...

They never had any other MCs become adults... so they never will be? Are all of them "gone"?

This is suppose to be a sort of parody series that shows the daily life and afterwards of all Key characters combined before the "tragedies" happens. (and the characters themselves knows which "tragedies" those are and is aware what world they're from)

But I don't remember everyone being "gone". (albeit I didn't watch every single Key series... lol)

Of course, the "world" they shown us at the end is just "After Story"

I was just wondering since they're doing it in this parody series, the other MCs (that isn't tragedied) should still be somewhere as adults. Unless no one else ever ages besides Tomoyo and Nagisa...

They used Adult Tomoya and Nagisa in the non-parody part. Because they're the only ones with canon adult versions.
Jul 3, 2022 4:47 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I swear we need a trigger warning for this LMAO Ushio + adult Tomoya and Nagisa with the Clannad soundtrack didn't expect to get my Clannad trauma revived at the end of Kaginado, great ending for sure.
Jul 5, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
Ashhk said:
I swear we need a trigger warning for this LMAO Ushio + adult Tomoya and Nagisa with the Clannad soundtrack didn't expect to get my Clannad trauma revived at the end of Kaginado, great ending for sure.

I think it was all completely intentional and deliberate. Remember, they even parodied it with Lia's scene in episode 6 when she sang Misuzu's song.

Silent_Shadow05 said:
Damn, both Nagisa moments actually melted my heart out. It's been a long time hearing her calling "Tomoya-kun".

But well, let's agree - this is probably the happiest ever story Key ever produced to us. Thanks to Key, and thanks to Lidenfilms Kyoto.

Wasn't this canon before? As far as I remember, VN was somewhat ambiguous, but the anime directly set up Rin as the main girl.
Jul 6, 2022 11:51 AM
Aug 2021
suddenly became heartwarming and did not expect that, it is so good, love it.
Jul 22, 2022 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
Anyone know which OST track is playing for the first 30 seconds at the start of the episode?
Jul 25, 2022 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
Solipsistic said:
Anyone know which OST track is playing for the first 30 seconds at the start of the episode?

Up in the Morning from Little Busters
Jul 25, 2022 6:55 AM

Apr 2012
SteelMaverick said:
Solipsistic said:

Up in the Morning from Little Busters

Thanks! Another gem from Maeda-sama.
Jul 25, 2022 11:05 AM

Aug 2018
I guess I'll post all thoughts on episodes here..
Mio is not impressed being called like that.. ;P She's just chilling.. ;P
Well.. Some characters are indeed a question, how alive they are in the series..
Kud is mascot.. lol.. Well.. Makes sense, I guess.. ;P Wafu~ ;P
Oh no.. Don't take the bus.. ;/
I like that character maintain their traits for the most of time.. ;P That they act in character, I mean.. ;P I think that couple of times some bad sides were made up for characters at times, on the other hand.. For the sake of comedy sometimes, but sometimes not a fan, if differs too much.. Like secondary characters suffering in pajama party was out of character, it felt.. And them again later as well.. But mostly anime tries to keep persons in character..
Well.. Riki is voiced by a girl.. .. And he also has the most sex experience, yeah..
By the way, there isn't many girls in glasses in Key works indeed.. Even some girls who are book examples of girls with glasses.. Not necessary have them.. Like Mio from Little Busters, for example.. I think it's a bit strange decision.. Not to make heroines with glasses as well.. There are some exceptions, like Tomoyo we do see later with glasses, or some other ones.. But it's actually is strange choice.. Maybe they just didn't accidentally..
Hm?.. Ayu is trouble maker?.. Don't remember this.. Unless you take her clumsiness for trouble making or something.. .. Oh, ok, it's taiyaki..
Some OST hearing again is very very nice.. Many tracks I recognize, and it's feely to hear them..
Jul 27, 2022 8:48 AM

Sep 2012
That ending alone is a 10/10. Can't believe it's been 10 years since I last watched Clannad and saw Ushio, Tomoya, and Nagisa together. Big wave of feels just slapped me in the face.
Jul 28, 2022 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
Dang, is someone cutting a onion nearby? I loved this, seeing ushio, tomoya, and nagisa together. Fingers crossed for a S3
Dec 30, 2022 1:10 PM

Aug 2018
RobertBobert said:
Ashhk said:

I think it was all completely intentional and deliberate. Remember, they even parodied it with Lia's scene in episode 6 when she sang Misuzu's song.

Silent_Shadow05 said:

Wasn't this canon before? As far as I remember, VN was somewhat ambiguous, but the anime directly set up Rin as the main girl.

What? The anime kinda pushes Kurugaya. The VN leaves no doubt that Rin is Riki's girl.
Dec 31, 2022 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
epidemia78 said:
RobertBobert said:

What? The anime kinda pushes Kurugaya. The VN leaves no doubt that Rin is Riki's girl.
[font="\"Segoe UI\", \"San Francisco\", Ubuntu, \"Fira Sans\", Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I mean that VN only implies it, but does not say it directly. At least in the first ending.[/font]

Jan 19, 10:29 AM

May 2020
Finally it's over. Fun journey in this season 2. Angel Beats here is bring impact to the story. In the end screen, classic Tomoya and Nagisa picking up Ushio-chan was a memorable moment of Clannad. Seems like there will be a new season of this. Thought i gonna watch it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaginado Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2022

18 by sharosharo »»
Jan 19, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2022

14 by sharosharo »»
Jan 19, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 7, 2022

10 by sharosharo »»
Jan 19, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 31, 2022

22 by sharosharo »»
Jan 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 24, 2022

20 by sharosharo »»
Jan 19, 9:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.