Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, this was an underwhelming finale, felt almost like every other episode except Arc went up against a hydra monster with multiple heads. He had to also throw in some flashy moves to take on the monster like a boss in a JRPG game. I did find Arc's fight to be better than Ariane's against that human though.

Still, this really didn't give me the impression of a big finale, not that I expected much from the beginning.

Pretty forgettable anime overall if you ask me.

Jul 2017
The Hydra that's a formidable monster, and it's no surprise that Fumba is controlling it with those glowing employ rings. But the others like the Holy Revlon Empire's Holy Emperor Domitianus looked down on him for being a weak pawn that's a seed to their big plan, and his chance of dominion is by releasing the hydra to reek havoc as a sign of revenge.

Arc taking care of the hydra while Ariane and Chiyome finds Fumba to deal with, it's the only time where Arc finds himself using every magic spell and skill in his book to take down the king of the monsters. Even to the point of summoning Ifrit (which in and of itself sounds like a Tensei Slime influence), that's a thing.

The madman Fumba vs. the dark elf knight Ariane, with the hydra vs. Ifrit with PelleK's OP in the background, a spectacle that was for being a stand-out more from attention. To Arc, this screams "too easy, not enough".

Princess Yuriarna and her human-elves co-existence may be at hand, but it's the continuation in the source material that will see this fruition. And while the Rhoden Kingdom is finally doing Ariane's job of saving elves thanks to the only daughter, the brothers have no choice but to follow the path that's been weaved for them instead. Their discovery for Arc will also be a story continued in the LN, while his adventures live on to his liking while uncovering the curse.

I'll admit that this show gets its hatred fast from whatever aspects getting called out, but only the minority will like it.

Oct 2017
That was a real flashy way to defeat hydra using Ifrit. Chiyome's reaction to Arc was hilarious, didn't expect her to get scared like that. Arc and Ariane's quite journey continues. Was a decent isekai anime, will watch s2 if it gets one.
Jun 23, 2022 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
What a fun romp this was to watch.

Went into the show expecting it to be one of those trashy ones that I can watch to pass time, but it turned out to actually be enjoyable.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jun 23, 2022 8:03 AM

May 2020
And the last of these scums, like I lost the count how many we had throughout the course of this series. Just specify it as one of the themes at this point lol. Anyways not like it'll pose any problem for Arc, guy just summoned a fucking demon to spare against that dinosaur. Of course obliterated it down to the last bone.

Show wasn't really terrible, but these supposedly figures of evil made it feel like one.
Jun 23, 2022 8:25 AM
Oct 2016
Arc might've been unsuccessful in living his desired quiet life but his misadventures made this show a lot of fun. I had a blast every episode watching it. Arc is a fun lead character for this isekai. Even though there were some serious moments things for the most part were kept pretty light. Arc is an huge goofball which made everything even more fun most of the time. Arc even on his own at the beginning keep things interesting. I know a lot of people don't like it when isekai protagonist just accept they're in another world, like they want some kind of inner turmoil or something but Arc kinda just being ok with it and not thinking too much about how he's in this whole other place was nice. Just get all that out of the way and get to the good stuff I say. Which this show does well, displaying to us early on how powerful Arc is but still making him fun and not ridiculously overpowered. Having a good supporting cast helps a lot which this show has in spades. Ariane and Chiyome especially, those two are great female characters and companions to Arc. They are both also powerful in their own rights and bounce off the goofy Arc very well. Ponta too is such a cute mascot character. Animation never looked exceptional but never looked terrible either. Mixing the CG and 2D well in scenes and keeping the action engaging during the fights. Especially when Arc would use his uber powerful spells. Overall I had tons of fun with this each week, even when touching on harsh issues it kept things respectful. The cast is very enjoyable and I loved every week watching this show.

85/100
Jun 23, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2016
The series was never ever close to be good. But these last episodes with the beast tamer was absolute snoozefest. The fight was lakes, the tension was lakes, the villain was lame everything was lame.
Jun 23, 2022 8:35 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ariane was very determined to defeat that monster controller!
She and the furry eared ninja destroyed him. Arc's ifrit summon was very powerful! And he beat the hydra!

This was a great show and so fun to watch! We need a season 2!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 23, 2022 8:38 AM
Jan 2020
It's enjoyable but I wouldn't call it exactly great, I wouldn't like this as much without the OP tbh lol
Jun 23, 2022 8:39 AM

Jul 2011
That summon had some DBZ 5 minutes count.
Jun 23, 2022 8:41 AM

Jan 2012
And so Arc defeats the Hydra, Ariane defeats Fumba(with an assist from Chiyome), and Ponta contiues to be adorable as we end this surprisingly enjoyable series.

So this show wasn't anything groundbreaking, and that's okay. It was something far more important: fun. Every week I looked forward to watching this show, which is something I can't say even for shows I think are on the whole objectively better in many cases. Kaguya from this season for instance. Better than this? Yeah, but I had more fun with this. Mind you all this was was a skeleton knight with a big, beautiful breasted dark elf and cute green fox mascot going around rescuing enslaved elves...and I'd have gladly watched 50 more episodes of it. I actually want a season 2 of this...so, naturally, we probably won't get one. Regardless, strong 7/10.
Jun 23, 2022 9:00 AM

Oct 2013
The story of this LN/anime is super average all around... But i have to say, i am still somewhat impressed with this anime overall, purely because of the fact the cg was super well integrated, and the art was consistently decent and sometimes even good all throughout the show. What'd it do to deserve such a good treatment over far better shows that got horrible adaptations? Whatever the case is, the score of 7/10 is well (almost, i'd rank it like 6.8) deserved just for how it was made, the mediocre story takes away from it greatly tho.
Jun 23, 2022 9:01 AM
Sep 2010
pretty good adaptation, can only hope we'll get season 2 and 3 to complete the first major story arc, or a 25 episode season 2 would do that too lol
Jun 23, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2019
“I don’t want your apologies, you can apologise when you see the people you’ve killed”

Such a badass moment from ariane today. Really solid finale. Definitely felt like a “read the LN” type ending. Admittedly I had really low expectations going into this one because when I read the first volume of the LN a few years ago I didn’t really enjoy it. It felt slow and boring, but they did a really good job with this adaptation

Ariane and Arc’s relationship was the highlight for me. Like how it developed over the course of the season.
Jun 23, 2022 9:06 AM

Jun 2021
This was a nice little finale to wrap things up and leave just enough room for more adventures in s2. I mean Arc still has to whoop the emperor and that prince and foil whatever they’re planning after all.

That hydra fight more or less went how I thought, though I wasn’t expecting Ifrit to show up. Loved how Arc basically dragged the poor bastard by the tail as it was tryna get away and launched it into the air to get barbecued by Ifrit haha. Roasted that “ruiner of nations” extra crispy! Goes well with a side of deep fried Fumba lol. He should never have messed with Ariane. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off dark elf!

I really hope this gets a renewal soon. It’s one of my favorites this season. It’s not exactly an original story, but the characters make this series so much fun! Arc in particular is hilarious. Love that skelly! And Ponta is amazing. He is our furry overlord! They make a great team. Ariane and Chiyome were great too, top tier waifus haha. Fingers crossed this gets renewed but in the meantime I’m gonna read the manga. Need my Arc and Ponta fix after all lol.
Jun 23, 2022 9:18 AM
Aug 2020
This is probably the least annoying isekai ever. A VERY easy watch, I recommend it and hope for a second season.
Jun 23, 2022 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
AoTS compared to the lineup of isekais they been tossing
Jun 23, 2022 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
I need a second season. This was such a fun romp. And the interesting extra nation politics they brought in reminded me of the season before last of Black Clover which Im still waiting on a new season off!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 23, 2022 9:31 AM

Nov 2013
One of the most boring and lazy-written villains ever. Not good, not bad series overall, though I expected more initially.
Jun 23, 2022 9:31 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Arc and his friends looking at Hydra from afar and trying to think of a plan to defeat her so Arc separates from Ariane, Chiyome and Ponta to be able to defeat the Hydra
Jun 23, 2022 9:46 AM
Sep 2015
Over all I like it despite strong violence and high death tolls.

I never check who sing the OP I always thought he's probably one of the JAM project member because it's sound similar to One Punch Man OP. Turns out I'm wrong, and I'm glad at the same time that Pellek, the Norwegian singer who's famous for doing a One Punch Man op cover, is actually singing this anime OP, making it his official debut in Japan as an anisong artist.
Jun 23, 2022 9:48 AM

Mar 2018
Haha get it? He wants to live a quiet life which is juxtaposed with him being really showy with his attacks!

Of course, this doesn't really detract from my experience, I just didn't like it that much. The characters were kinda bland, I don't even recall any world-building, and it just was overall not that fun. I've seen better in the same genre, but I guess this wasn't terrible.
Jun 23, 2022 9:49 AM
Jan 2016
Ifrit's call is just a waste, but how annoying that Ariana is called a dark elf, although her skin is as white as snow, what kind of censorship is this!
Jun 23, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
Bone Daddyyyyy!!
A bit simple, butl oved this show. Solid 7.
Jun 23, 2022 10:13 AM

Jan 2011
Loved it, my favourite this season.
I will surely miss that weekly session of his evil laughs.

A 2nd for all the rest of the content is needed too
Jun 23, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2013
OP is great as well as the ED, I will miss them.
The animation was rather lacking especially for the final episode, disappointing but it was an enjoyable ride! I now need a sequel! I need to see through what Princess Y~ will be doing going forward.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 23, 2022 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Was a good show.. Will probably watch s2 if it ever gets one.. But i extremely doubt that isekai shows like these ever get a sequel..

Ariana-dono was a great waifu. agree with the dude^ i have seen enough hentai to know that Ariana is not a dark elf.. she is way to fair skinned lmao..

Easily 7.5/10(8/10) and that's probably due to PelleK Opening song.. wish we had seen the see without the noises.. but oh well..
Jun 23, 2022 10:49 AM

Dec 2014
What a great final episode. Always good seeing an epic battle, although one sided, in the last episode. Still it is just a reminder to us of how powerful Arc is. Real funny too to see Chiyome's reaction to Arc being a skeleton, wasn't expecting that to happen in the episode tbh. Now, I don't if there's plan for a second season, or maybe it will be announced in the future, but either way, I would welcomed it and watched it with open arms and very easily.

But yeah pretty good episode and anime in my opinion. Definitely one of the better ones I watched this season. I really enjoyed the characters and their interactions and as for the anime itself, I never felt like dropping it or that I was getting bored, which of course is always a good sign, especially the second part because little anime manage to do that with ease.
Shinagawa101Jun 23, 2022 11:08 AM
Jun 23, 2022 10:57 AM
Dec 2021
This is a great episode and amazing anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spanning subspaces.
Jun 23, 2022 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
Best isekai / fantasy of the season. Deserves an 8 I think.
Jun 23, 2022 12:07 PM

Feb 2021
Well that was a fun show, I had lots fun watching it every week and the OP truly was amazing.

I might get the LNs in the future so I can continue the story.
Jun 23, 2022 12:13 PM

May 2018
Ah yes just summon another boss to beat the boss lol

anyways nice feel good show 5/10
Jun 23, 2022 12:14 PM

May 2018
Alone_Wolf said:
Ifrit's call is just a waste, but how annoying that Ariana is called a dark elf, although her skin is as white as snow, what kind of censorship is this!

she was a dank elf all along
Jun 23, 2022 12:51 PM
May 2020
Not the best of the season, not the worst. Didn't bore me and kept the fan service to a minimum.
Which is hard to do with Ariane's rack!
Jun 23, 2022 1:36 PM
Jun 2022
Only one word is needed. Awesome
Jun 23, 2022 2:11 PM

Apr 2022
Famous last words... šŸ˜

Jun 23, 2022 2:28 PM

Nov 2020
Personally, this series wasn't all that bad compared to others that came out this season.

Looking at you, Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru.
Jun 23, 2022 2:43 PM

Jun 2016
I liked this series a lot, very entertaining, the typical comical isekai parody but with some more serious moments and an average plot about an overpowered main character, funny good adventurers, various scumbags, feudal fantasy kingdoms and political cospiracies.
A sort of hybrid between Konosuba (or the likes of it) and Overlord, this formula works everytime.
Jun 23, 2022 2:45 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The Hydra was powerful but it wasn’t much compared to the combined might of Arc and Ifrit, Arc threw it into the air and cooked it alive lol, and Fumba also got barbecued after a poor display in front of the Ariane in Chiyome, I liked the little bit of backstory we got of him but he wasn’t just weak, he was also an asshole so I’m glad to see him die lol.

And after some politics which could make for a good Season 2, Arc reveals to Chiyome that he’s skeleton so casually lol, she didn’t take it so well either. And the gang moves on to another adventure and they search for the spring.

I really enjoyed this Isekai, I picked it up a little bit into the season and it really surprised me with how good it was, Arc was a fun main character and I enjoyed the mix of lightheartedness and seriousness in the show, as well as the additions of Ariane, Chiyome and Ponta, it was a damn fun watch. And those slappers that are the OP and ED, really loved those, DIALOGUE+ never misses and PelleK rocked. I definitely would like to see another season of this show.
Jun 23, 2022 3:01 PM

May 2021
It was trying to be a chill and casual show but that simply doesn't go well the occasional rape attempts by the villain. Even they're such terribly written villains.

On the plus side, the Princess was a somewhat interesting character so I hope she receives more focus if there's a second season.

Jun 23, 2022 3:06 PM

Dec 2021
Its actually mid show, easy forgettable, start really well, and fell like another generic isekai anime nowadays. probably best turn off brain anime this season, its fun and enjoyable but plot just follow Arianne which mean Arc basically Arianne Lapdog. i still hope they meet princess from episode 1 or princess that Arc revive last time. But hey nah, still far away

5/10
Adios
Jun 23, 2022 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
It was a fun time, was hoping to see more of arcs power and would be more cool if he tamed dat hydra.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 23, 2022 6:00 PM
Mar 2021
If Arcs thinks he can still travel under the radar hes wrong. Proof the way he fights.
Jun 23, 2022 6:07 PM
Dec 2020
Dukino said:
Arc might've been unsuccessful in living his desired quiet life but his misadventures made this show a lot of fun. I had a blast every episode watching it. Arc is a fun lead character for this isekai. Even though there were some serious moments things for the most part were kept pretty light. Arc is an huge goofball which made everything even more fun most of the time. Arc even on his own at the beginning keep things interesting. I know a lot of people don't like it when isekai protagonist just accept they're in another world, like they want some kind of inner turmoil or something but Arc kinda just being ok with it and not thinking too much about how he's in this whole other place was nice. Just get all that out of the way and get to the good stuff I say. Which this show does well, displaying to us early on how powerful Arc is but still making him fun and not ridiculously overpowered. Having a good supporting cast helps a lot which this show has in spades. Ariane and Chiyome especially, those two are great female characters and companions to Arc. They are both also powerful in their own rights and bounce off the goofy Arc very well. Ponta too is such a cute mascot character. Animation never looked exceptional but never looked terrible either. Mixing the CG and 2D well in scenes and keeping the action engaging during the fights. Especially when Arc would use his uber powerful spells. Overall I had tons of fun with this each week, even when touching on harsh issues it kept things respectful. The cast is very enjoyable and I loved every week watching this show.

85/100

Agreed. For me, Arc was pretty relatable. I'd probably react the exact same way if I found myself in another world with OP abilities, and enjoy my time as much as possible while also dealing out merciless justice on evil assholes. I'd be more than happy with an adorable little companion like Ponta and a gorgeous elf by my side. Guess a big part of my enjoyment with this show was a lot of fantasy fulfillment too. I probably would have been a little more upset with the skeleton thing though and focused on fixing that.
Jun 23, 2022 6:47 PM

Jul 2021
Eh this is really my guilty pleasure of the season, the gratuitous amounts of violence, cliche OP protag antics, cute elves, comically bad villains, politics, bro characters, and now a fucking Kaiju fight.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 23, 2022 6:59 PM

Mar 2020
Final episode. This is one of the fantasy this spring that I loved and entertaining. I'll miss Arc-kun and everyone!!

Will there be a season 2?
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 23, 2022 7:18 PM
Apr 2018
consider even that disaster of season 1 Arifueta.
this series getting positive feedback in jp.

there also quite a number of Adrian fanart, and a figure in the making.

The chance for ss2 might be possible.

also Adrian skin is always lilac or pinkist in the LN I think... so yeah Dark elf in that world is weird, they are not like Drow at all
Jun 23, 2022 7:24 PM

Sep 2014
Arc casually takes on the hydra, I was half expecting Ifrit to not just despawn because magic summons work different or something but ai guess that would have been too crazy.
Dude actually got killed, nice. Im tired of all those child friendly anime where people throw mountains at each other but nobody ever gets hurt.

I know I shouldn't but I enjoyed this anime a lot. In a way its generic isekai done right. It certainly helps that there arent a dozen chicks flocking around him at all times.

OP and ED were also great, I know there are certain popular OPs this season but this was my favourite. Didnt skip it once.

The CGI was overall also pretty nice, some scenes didnt look great but atleast they matched the frames and it worked pretty well.

Im already missing this show. Season 2 when?

7/10 favourite show this season right after Virgin Road.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 23, 2022 7:27 PM
Mar 2021
What's with the microphone for the princess? When she talks sometimes it sounds like her lines get abruptly cut off before finishing. Anyway, this wasn't so bad and Ponta grew on me.
Jun 23, 2022 8:38 PM
Jan 2017
just a little comedy anime before come the true Skeleton wizard Anime Overlord next season..
its prety fun to watch this, the final episode Arc summon the ifrit to beat that Hydra ending with burn on the air.. just wow.. but i think its easy to forget when the true lord Ains sama comes...
The Girl reaction to see Arc face for the first time is Very Cute...
Enjoyable anime 7/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2022

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

74 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gambit9877 - Apr 28, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2022

187 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 12:51 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.