Forum Settings
Forums

Name anime that others told you or you is trash but you liked it

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 2022 7:06 AM

Feb 2014
The original Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime anime. I liked them and I also don't think they are bad.
May 18, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2014
Shizune_Ai said:
Scum's Wish is a freaking masterpiece for me. U can shit on me now.

Make that us. Wait people didn't like it? Also:
SAO
Domestic Girlfriend
Citrus
Samurai 7
Redo of healer
Eromanga sensei
I began to sense faintly that secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy . . . censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, “This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,” the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.
May 18, 2022 7:45 AM

Mar 2021
MizunoWaveRider said:
The original Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime anime. I liked them and I also don't think they are bad.
I haven't watched Tsukihime, but I definitely agree with you on Fate Stay Night. It's flawed admittedly when compared to Ufotable's adaptations, but it's still a good show imo. And the OP is the best in any Fate anime.
May 18, 2022 8:03 AM

Aug 2018
- School Days
- Elfen Lied
- Golden Time
- Mirai Nikki
- Magia Record
May 18, 2022 8:09 AM
May 2021
-Elfen Lied
I wasn't expecting anything good because of all the hate I've heard but I enjoyed it a lot
-Eromanga Sensei
Its very controversial considering the entire plot of the show but the whole "lewd artist who's agoraphobic trying to make friends and join the real world" hit very close to home for me so it held a special spot in my heart. Plus the OP and ED are bops
May 18, 2022 11:53 AM

Jun 2017
School Days, for all it's flaws was never boring.

Oreimo. 1st season was pretty good, i like the more platonic bonding relationship
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
May 18, 2022 12:05 PM
Nov 2021
Darling in the Franxx. I've had a YouTuber I was a mod for tell me dororo was trash and I watched it it was fire. I then found out he basically dropped it and said it was bad because he thought that the mc being able to fight with no limbs in unrealistic.... Yeah I unsubbed to him
May 18, 2022 4:36 PM

Oct 2014
As already mentioned it's usually the other way around (rave shows that are like "wtf, really?"). Anyway:

Akuma no Riddle -- This gets a lot of hate whenever it comes up as a topic (with it's MAL rating of 6.61 as evidence of that). Solid 7 score for me.

xxxHOLiC -- Actually it's relatively well liked but I heard a lot of griping about the "noodle people" art style before watching it -- it just took a few episodes to get used to it, that's all. I had more issue with the male mc simping so much over the female love interest (but not enough of an issue not to give a mix of 7 & 8's to the various seasons).

Darling in the FranXX -- Same comments as others have mentioned. My score for it was an 8 most of the way and I did think of deducting a point for some of the cringier stuff in the latter half but at the end of the day I kept it at 8.

LotGH Reboot -- Not necessarily hate per se but it does seem to get a lot of undeserved elitist hand-wringing over it. Although I started with 7 scores for it I've since upped the latter releases to 8's. The original LotGH I've given mostly 9's for but I'm thoroughly enjoying the reboot.

I still prefer the original character designs (a lot of the mc's in the reboot look too young and a lot of others just seem off for whatever reason -- and not because they didn't match the original, but certain character designs just bug me, period); I prefer the classical BGM of the original; and, although the ships and space battles of the reboot are an improvement over the original they are rather too CGI and antiseptic. The Yamato reboot did a much better job of making the space battles look like anime rather than CGI.

Those are the reasons I still give the original the edge but to be fair the reboot actually did some scenes better, expanded on a few others and even added a few (like the Mittermeyer release from military arrest business).
8oomerMay 18, 2022 4:51 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 18, 2022 4:50 PM
Sep 2020
Fairytails motto is being called trash.
People complain about the power of friendship in it but it's actually a common troupe in most shounen, you really think Luffy isn't fighting for the straw hat pirates or Naruto fighting to save sasuke. The random power boosts also happen in other shounen also, it's just less obvious since the main theme of Fairytail is friendship which is a hit or miss since it can be annoying for some people but a nice change of pace for others.
May 18, 2022 4:57 PM
Jul 2019
Aku no hana seems to be far better than people made it out to be

May 18, 2022 5:00 PM

Jan 2021
Another, a lot of people say its trash but I enjoyed it.
May 18, 2022 5:08 PM

Sep 2008
Aku no Hana. Aware many were turned off by the anime's use of rotoscoping for its animation. While I do think its use has some hiccups visually at points, the more realistic-looking details and movement offered up from the animation method has its moments that enhance how uncomfortable a number of scenes in Sawa and Takao's interactions with one another can be.
May 18, 2022 6:06 PM

Aug 2020
Me: inserts every anime in existence

But specifically tho i'd say:
- Devilman Crybaby
- Fate/sn (2006)
- Gokushufudou
- Japan Sinks
- Wonder Egg P (excluding the special)
- Opm s2
May 18, 2022 7:13 PM

Jul 2021
JaniSIr said:
DOSS216 said:
A lot actually. Domestic Girlfriend is one of them. People shit on it, and rightfully so since it is trashy a lot of the time and the ending sucks, but it does have its moments. I still liked it. It's my guilty pleasure

There's is no shame in liking Domestic Girlfriend, be thankful for having found such a pristine dumpster fire, and rejoice in having the quality taste to love it!
Like seriously, it's flawed, very flawed, no argument there, but it's also the biggest emotional roller coaster I ever encountered.

I gotta agree that Domestic GF is some entertaining bullshit. I like watching hyper serious animes because even a tiny bit of humor blows it up. Domestic GF knows it's playing for horni laughs but keeps all the characters straight-faced. It's too much.
May 19, 2022 3:44 AM

Feb 2022

-SAO

-Doraemon

-Mob Psycho 100

-Tokyo Ghoul
May 19, 2022 3:58 AM
Nov 2019
Devilman Crybaby, Domestic na Kanojo, Elfen lied...
May 19, 2022 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
Akame ga Kill and Gleipnir were pretty great.
May 19, 2022 4:17 AM

Feb 2019
Fairy tail, i guess

I really enjoyed it
May 19, 2022 4:33 AM
Apr 2021
Tesla Note
the show is clearly peak fiction. Second only to Ex-Arm
May 19, 2022 4:39 AM
Nov 2021
Domestic girlfriend
Rent a girlfriend
Future diary
May 19, 2022 7:09 AM
Jan 2022
Domestic na kanojo. The anime is good(unfortunately no 2nd season), but the manga is hella underrated.
May 19, 2022 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
Kuroko No Basket

A bunch of my online buddies were comparing it to SD, saying it's a yaoi and it's not too much about basketball. Lol wtf, what a load of nonsense. I learned two things.

1. KNB is fucking epic.
2. Slam Dunk fans can't have their cereal in the morning without a big cup of "Let's shit on KnB for no reason)
May 20, 2022 2:15 PM

Jul 2010
TheMechaManiac said:
Every mecha anime not named "Code Geass", "Gurren Lagann" or "Evangelion".

Boy howdy was I wrong for ever listening to anime youtubers when I was a teenager.

This is the reason I stopped asking people for anime or manga recommendations. As someone who didn't enjoy Code Geass past season one, I forced myself to watch more "because it's the best anime ever" and it almost ruined anime for me entirely.
"We were born for something, we die for something, if that is the fate we can’t resist it. Traveling down the road that can’t be seen, that which lies ahead is the end of life. That is truly the guidance of God." Emilio (Gundam 00)

“Fear and dredge, those are what drive humanity." - Socom quoting Steyr (Scrapped Princess)
May 20, 2022 2:19 PM
Jun 2021
KAORUisMINE said:
TheMechaManiac said:
Every mecha anime not named "Code Geass", "Gurren Lagann" or "Evangelion".

Boy howdy was I wrong for ever listening to anime youtubers when I was a teenager.

This is the reason I stopped asking people for anime or manga recommendations. As someone who didn't enjoy Code Geass past season one, I forced myself to watch more "because it's the best anime ever" and it almost ruined anime for me entirely.

Mecha is currently a criminally underrated genre. Most people think of it as just toy advertisements (except one of the three I mentioned, "they aren't mecha because they are about LE CHARACTERS"), while in reality most of them are just very fun sci-fi romps with maybe a few smart things along the way.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 20, 2022 5:22 PM

Jul 2021
TheMechaManiac said:
KAORUisMINE said:

Mecha is currently a criminally underrated genre. Most people think of it as just toy advertisements (except one of the three I mentioned, "they aren't mecha because they are about LE CHARACTERS"), while in reality most of them are just very fun sci-fi romps with maybe a few smart things along the way.

I started watching Gundam 00, and there is so much techno babble in it, that would really only interest people into the toys. Those scenes could be skipped for a faster pacing, to get to some interesting part, because I'm not yet fully committed to dropping it, but I started watching 2 other shows I'll probably drop too.
May 20, 2022 5:26 PM

Dec 2015
Easy, Tokyo Ghoul.

I enjoy the Anime far more then the Manga.

May 20, 2022 5:32 PM
Feb 2018
I have a laundry list
death march to parallel world rhapsody
in another world with my smartphone
8th son are you kidding me
moonlit fantasy
fruit of evolution
that just titles I think of I love or enjoy off the top of my head
May 21, 2022 2:10 AM
Jun 2021
JaniSIr said:
TheMechaManiac said:

I started watching Gundam 00, and there is so much techno babble in it, that would really only interest people into the toys. Those scenes could be skipped for a faster pacing, to get to some interesting part, because I'm not yet fully committed to dropping it, but I started watching 2 other shows I'll probably drop too.

Didn't say it was for everyone m8, but hey at least you tried. You probably just don't find sci-fi trappings interesting.
Technobabble is really ment for people who are into mecha design appreciation, kinda like how there are military geeks who are into weapon and vehicle designs. And no it's really not meant to sell the toys, those (in this case the Gunpla model kits) usually come if the show proves itself in the ratings area.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 21, 2022 2:36 AM
Sep 2018
atxt said:
Toradora, everyone told me it's trash but it's one of my favorites now.

wtf it's one of top rated, who told you it's trash and it's one of my favs.
May 21, 2022 3:28 AM
Sep 2018
NorthmostIsle said:
A certain Magical Index.
I don't even really disagree. It is 100% trash but it’s also strangely entertaining.

That is my favorite series, also Railgun is much better compared to Index, it is where this series truly shines and Railgun T is one of top rated animes, but to me they were all great. Also Index got a lot better later to me and season 3 of index is my favorite even tho I heard it was kind of rushed, but I know nothing about manga or LN so it was great to me, just first few episodes we little confusing to me until you figure out what is going on. U should continue watching index just for more Misaka scenes, she is best girl and Accelerator is the coolest character. speaking of Accelerator, also watch Taoru Kagaku no Accelerator, it's great, but watch it before going into season 3 or Railgun, but after season 3 of Index. Btw I hope you watch everything subbed, voice actors are rly what makes this characters so great.
May 21, 2022 3:28 AM
Sep 2018
Every anime that is rated below 7 and I have bunch of those like:

Citrus (one of the best yuri animes)

Assassin's Pride (insanely underrated, I enjoy it a lot, we need season 2!!!)

Seven Deadly Sins (which is my recent favorite, I absolutely love it, insanely good music, decent animation and everyone is saying it has slide show animation, sure first season had better animation but that doesn't mean it is terrible later. Most important scenes have great animation and I think story and characters are more important than animation and that is where seven deadly sins shines. It has amazing romance which is one thing I care the most in anime. Sure if this anime was animated by some better studio it would probably be one of the top rated series, but that doesn't mean it's bad the way it is. Also white blood thing that everyone cries about was only in first 2 or 3 episodes of season 3 and that season has the best story and character development.

Kuzu no Honkai (one of my favorites, music, characters and everything is top tier, I had no idea I would enjoy it so much and there is short sequel manga called Kuzu no Honkai Decor and it gives it a nice ending, would love if they make anime of it)

Domestic no Kanojo (yes ending sucks, but I can't deny that enjoyed it a lot, Rui best girl)

Redo of Healer (let's just say it's better than hentai, there is nothing else you need to know, I enjoyed it very much)

Higehiro (absolute masterpiece)

To Love Ru (one of the best ecchi animes that gets better with every season, starting with when they introduce Momo and Nana. Momo best girl. Story gets actually great in To Love Ru Darkness. MC kind of sucks, but it's worth watching just for girls, they are all great.

There are probably more of them that I have, but I don't wanna make too long list and I'm also too lazy to search which ones have low rating since I gave most of them high so it's hard.

Btw I watch all animes subbed and I rate all anime purely based on enjoyment. I am so pissed when I see someone give anime rating 1 or even anything below 5, but I am so mad when I see 1 especially on one of my favs. There is no anime that deserves anything below 5 unless it's rly that bad, but every anime has at least something that is decent or unique cuz no anime is the same.
May 21, 2022 3:33 AM

Sep 2010
iStaki said:
atxt said:
Toradora, everyone told me it's trash but it's one of my favorites now.

My friends don't have the best taste when it comes to anime...
May 21, 2022 3:48 AM

Dec 2021
I was told Elfen Lied is trash because it's "pointless gore in the sake of gore" but i watched it anyways and now it's my favorite. That person failed to see the meaning behind the story (which is also beautiful imo), it's about xenophobia and genocide
Actually, i like bloody gore anime full of violence, that's my guilty pleasure
May 21, 2022 4:02 AM
Sep 2018
atxt said:
iStaki said:

My friends don't have the best taste when it comes to anime...

yea mine too, I have a friend who keeps telling me he has nothing to watch and that all the new anime that come are same generic shit and that there is nothing interesting. He switched to manga completely, but even there he only reads some isekai's or something like that. He is the type of guy who dislikes anything with school setting, SOL or romance cuz he says he is not is school anymore and he wants something where characters are grown up so he can imagine himself being like that one day which is a weird reason to limit yourself like that. He is also the person that called CSM a boring manga and dropped it and that is one of top rated mangas. He has very weird taste that I can't rly understand and he limits himself a lot and then he says that I have shit taste, I watch basically everything and can find enjoyment in almost any anime as long as it's not pure horror and gore, that is the only thing I dislike.
May 21, 2022 4:35 AM

Jul 2021
TheMechaManiac said:
JaniSIr said:

Didn't say it was for everyone m8, but hey at least you tried. You probably just don't find sci-fi trappings interesting.
Technobabble is really ment for people who are into mecha design appreciation, kinda like how there are military geeks who are into weapon and vehicle designs. And no it's really not meant to sell the toys, those (in this case the Gunpla model kits) usually come if the show proves itself in the ratings area.

Well, for context, I have read the Horus Heresy series of Warhammer 40k. That's 50+ heavy light novels. (novels for short)
And technobabble enjoyers and mecha toy buyers sounds like the same demographic...
May 21, 2022 5:13 AM

Mar 2022
probably rent a gf, it kept me entertained, despite the fact its not really great. mediocre tbh
May 21, 2022 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
I remember getting into an argument with someone because they were criticizing the anime community for the way they rate things. He tried to say my opinions were invalid because I rated shows like Naruto a 10/10. I'm not looking for people to agree with my ratings or to take my opinions about certain anime I enjoy as factual about their quality. I'm just quantifying my experience and enjoyment with those anime. But in this community, it's hard to have an opinion about anything without people feeling the need to preach philosophies about fiction. And it doesn't surprise me that some people private their lists considering how people in the anime community can be obsessive and toxic about ratings. I'm honestly starting to think the people who preach about objective criticism in anime are the type of people who need to touch grass. And for as much as they try to project their IQs about writing in anime online, they must not have been that smart in school. Otherwise, they would direct their energies towards something more productive and meaningful.
May 21, 2022 5:49 AM

Apr 2016
Hayyyy said:

-SAO

-Doraemon

-Mob Psycho 100

-Tokyo Ghoul

Bruh what? who told you mob psycho was trash?
May 21, 2022 8:01 AM

Feb 2018
People always say that Fairy tail was bad but I mostly liked it.
The main cast of characters is one of the best when it comes to shonen and the fights were generally good.
The answer to 1984 is 1776
May 22, 2022 8:28 AM
Aug 2018
chronofantasy said:
I ignore anyone who says an anime is trash. If people actually listened to others then attack on titan wouldn't be as popular and highly rated as it is, since many haters and trolls like to call it trash or any other popular anime during its season.

As you said, people like and dislike different things, so one person's anime trash might be your anime treasure.

I agree with you, but you used a pretty bad example. I have only heard praise about how good AOT is.
May 22, 2022 8:30 AM

Oct 2011
Venluxy1 said:
chronofantasy said:
I ignore anyone who says an anime is trash. If people actually listened to others then attack on titan wouldn't be as popular and highly rated as it is, since many haters and trolls like to call it trash or any other popular anime during its season.

As you said, people like and dislike different things, so one person's anime trash might be your anime treasure.

I agree with you, but you used a pretty bad example. I have only heard praise about how good AOT is.

Weird because I see countless of hate posts on how much people say AoT is overrated and not as great as people are hyping it out to be and I try to look for positive posts because I really like the anime too. So I'm glad I just ignore these haters.
May 22, 2022 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Akame ga kill
One punch man season 2
Kakegurui
high rise Invasion
Demon slayer
I mean they are decent, not the best anime i've watched but still enjoyable
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

65 by Piromysl »»
1 minute ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

22 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

58 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 27 minutes ago

3 by KittenCuddler »»
13 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

27 by Shizuna »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.