Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Another rescue operation to save elves...at this point, it's like a loop. Elves in this show gets treated like trash.

Ariane seems to also trust Arc more and more with each episode. Interestingly enough, Arc also declares that he can never remove his armor. At least she knows what she looks like under the helmet. Not really much development this episode..and imo, felt boring. The only slightly interesting part is showing scenes from the Rhoden Kingdom and their princess.

Ariane confirmed to like cute creatures though lol..
May 5, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
It's back to more elf saving...and the so-called infamous SAO "elf rape", really going extreme there.

In the town of Diento, after Udolan's failed attempt, it's Lord Tryton's turn to be turned on from his infatuation with elves. Arc literally giving Udolan a forceful kabedon that reveals a hidden room while the elves tortures the Lord all the way through, even Ponta is scared lols. It's a treasure trove of real deep gold to haul, and Arc wants all the money by himself, and more by tricking Ariane into it.

The contract between both is done, but the elf kidnapping isn't stopping, so Arc finds a good proposition to go to the elf lands and meet the top brass...that is, if he's willing to show his real unhead skeleton head that Ariane will not turn away from, and he did for a reason (but of course not telling the whole Isekai reincarnation thing). With that, there's common interest and that contract is officially renewed into a bond companionship.

It's definitely an uproar in the Rhoden Kingdom, and this is just the terrifying start between the king and his children (older brother Sekt, younger brother Dakares and daughter Yuriarna). The elven settlement of Lalatoya is still aways away, and Ariane getting all fluffed up about Ponta, that's a side that he certainly wasn't expecting to see to tease her.

One start leads to another, progression.
May 5, 2022 8:05 AM

Oct 2021
The CG scenes can be quite bothersome, but at least it isn't as prominent as Ex-Arm so it's fine.
May 5, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2019
Sigh, another rape-y noble. This is what made me not pick up more of the LN tbh. I don’t mind it when it’s there to legitimately advance the story but sometimes shit’s just gratuitous and lazy writing to vilify people.

Rest of the episode was decent, nice way to set up the power dynamic in the royal family. Looking forward to next week
May 5, 2022 8:39 AM
Mar 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Sigh, another rape-y noble. This is what made me not pick up more of the LN tbh. I don’t mind it when it’s there to legitimately advance the story but sometimes shit’s just gratuitous and lazy writing to vilify people.

Rest of the episode was decent, nice way to set up the power dynamic in the royal family. Looking forward to next week

Considering the point of showing it, is to show the Nobles aren't just selling the Elves, but also partaking in their you know what. I'd say it does advance the story.
May 5, 2022 8:40 AM

Feb 2019
kriissyy12 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Considering the point of showing it, is to show the Nobles aren't just selling the Elves, but also partaking in their you know what. I'd say it does advance the story.

Well that’s good for you innit.
May 5, 2022 8:42 AM
Mar 2021
Loving this show so far. I kinda wish there was more brutal killing, I lowkey wanted to see Arc squash the guys head like The Mountain did to Prince Oberyn in GOT. That would maybe be a bit too far though, 8/10 episodes. Keep 'em coming.
May 5, 2022 8:50 AM
Mar 2021
Marinate1016 said:
kriissyy12 said:

This reply just makes it seem as if you're just upset over the dark scenes in the show. You couldn't care less about whether they're apart of the story or not, you just don't want to see them. If that's the case, then drop the Anime and move onto to a more lighthearted show.
May 5, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2019
kriissyy12 said:
Marinate1016 said:

This reply just makes it seem as if, you're just upset over the dark scenes in the show. You couldn't care less about whether they're apart of the story or not, you just don't want to see them. If that's the case, then drop the Anime and move onto to a more lighthearted show.

Not reading that sadly, but glad that happened to you, or sorry that happened
May 5, 2022 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
Didn't expect the reveal to be this early tbh, and to be all nonchalant but I guess it wasn't bad either. If anything it just speaks to the honesty and good girl that is Ariane by not being judgmental. There could've been more funny scenes and moments by Arc trying to avoid being caught but at the same time you could say that it would've gotten overused overtime, so maybe this is beneficial as it gives more hope for further character development. I wonder how the negotiations will go down between the elves and royalty, and which of course, will have Ariane and Arc involved one way or another. It could turn to all out war, who knows. I also wonder when we will see Lauren again.

and one last thing.... Ariane look cute as hell playing with Ponta haha.
May 5, 2022 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
Don't worry Ariane, we didn't see what happened.
May 5, 2022 9:14 AM

Jul 2011
He he, LOOT!!!!

I had a great laugh when Ariane officially joined Arc party, if Arc was bad, I guess he could ask " You know the US Plains or the icy Greenland?" . I mean, she is technically canadian.

That was a normal reaction to seeing a fluffy animal, so you don't need to change to the "ara, ara" language.
May 5, 2022 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
I think the world would be a better place if we all Ponta fuzziness to partake in!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 5, 2022 9:18 AM

May 2016
Something tells me that Prince Dakares is the one behind the elf kidnappings and not Prince Sekt.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 5, 2022 9:20 AM

Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
Another rescue operation to save elves...at this point, it's like a loop. Elves in this show gets treated like trash.

Ariane seems to also trust Arc more and more with each episode. Interestingly enough, Arc also declares that he can never remove his armor. At least she knows what she looks like under the helmet. Not really much development this episode..and imo, felt boring. The only slightly interesting part is showing scenes from the Rhoden Kingdom and their princess.

Ariane confirmed to like cute creatures though lol..

Stop yourself, we've only really had a couple of eps with the elves. And there relationship growth and trust in each other has been nice. If your just going to post negative show titles can we have your boss remove you as its getting boring.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 5, 2022 9:21 AM
Jun 2021
ok this show is getting harder and harder to defend. at first the SA scene was like ok thats pretty weird since this show seems like a comedy but now it's like ok why not just go full on Goblin Slayer at this point its just stupid. im still gonna watch it but now im gonna pout constantly
May 5, 2022 9:26 AM
Apr 2018
DirectorK said:
Something tells me that Prince Dakares is the one behind the elf kidnappings and not Prince Sekt.

I don't think so, from some of the scenes you can see Sekt is the cunning type, Dakares is the arrogant noble classist type.

Dakares might only see ok someone attack and hurt his country noble aka an attack to the ruling class so he riled up and he seem like the type who is an idiot and racist.

Sekt for me is the type who will do anything to achieve his goal, the more dangerous type.

by hunting the elves, they push themself into risk of hurting the relationship with the world cause Elves seem to have the monopoly over magical item and crops improvement rune, and that will hurt the position of the first successor in line the most.
Also, with the relation with the elves broken, the country will need something else to replace it as its shield from other countries, I think there is a bigger party playing a part here and work with Sekt.
May 5, 2022 9:26 AM
Oct 2016
Rescuing more elves from horrible nobles. Going off to this nobles castle to free the remaining elves after last episode learning from the ninja there's more here. Other than that loud entrance things went relatively smoothly. Arc pulling a classic gag move blending in with the other armor statues. Ariane delivering swift kicks of justice to the noble before he could do anything dastardly to those poor elf girls. Looting all of the nobles funds that way he can't start up the slave trading again, also pocketing some of it cause ya know might as well, they earn it. Arc revealing his true from to Ariane was a sweet moment, I'm glad he trusts her enough after their battles together. She took is remarkably well too, didn't freak out just offered Arc seeing one of the elf elders maybe they could help. There's other trouble brewing with this kingdoms royalty starting to catch on to the illegal elf trade. Some maybe even participating in such acts. Arc wanted to keep a low profile but that idea has definitely gone out the window now. Excited to see more of the elves in their city.
May 5, 2022 9:29 AM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:
kriissyy12 said:

This reply just makes it seem as if, you're just upset over the dark scenes in the show. You couldn't care less about whether they're apart of the story or not, you just don't want to see them. If that's the case, then drop the Anime and move onto to a more lighthearted show.

All you do is jump into there forums to whine and complain. Have you ever thought about only watching anime you actually enjoy?? Maybe stop watching a show you don't like and save everyone the trouble, including yourself
May 5, 2022 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
Dukino said:
Marinate1016 said:

All you do is jump into there forums to whine and complain. Have you ever thought about only watching anime you actually enjoy?? Maybe stop watching a show you don't like and save everyone the trouble, including yourself

All you do is spam every post I make with your comments like I care bro, I promise I do not. Ignore or block. Simple. And if you were able to read, you’d see I never once said I didn’t like the show, not liking a certain aspect of a show doesn’t mean you don’t like it. Again, stop whinging and just block.
May 5, 2022 9:44 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
There were a lot of great moments in this episode, Arc blending in with the armor not so well but I didn’t notice him until the screen shifted lol, Ariane giving the lord the hickory nut crunch, Arc disguising his robbery as preventing the organization from being reestablished, and my favorite moment was when Ariane couldn’t resist Ponta’s fluff lol, perfect showing of the cute side of Ariane.

And thankfully Arc can finally show his skeleton face to someone, being Ariane. I figured at some point he’d be able to show it to her giving how much he’s helped her already. And lastly, even though it was brief, really liked the fishing bit lol, I’ve been doing some fishing myself lately and seeing it in my anime is always nice.
May 5, 2022 10:06 AM

Aug 2021
The elves are important but they can be kidnapped if their pact is in danger, at least Arc has revealed his secret and so, in order to help them, he has already started his journey, let's see what he will meet when he enters his village.
May 5, 2022 10:24 AM
Mar 2015
So many rapey scenes, so little justice. It really does just come off as if the author struggled to find a way to create conflict, so it's just lazy writing. To top it off, the resolution is unsatisfying too. Like at least behead them on the spot or something.
May 5, 2022 10:37 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Arc and Ariane rescuing the two elves who were about to be raped by the lord of the land and after the rescue she takes the Arc to the elf village
May 5, 2022 10:37 AM
Nov 2020
Is this a pattern? A rape-scene in odd-number episodes
May 5, 2022 10:40 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I’m glad to see Ariane being fine when she saw Arc’s face xD.
And Arc sure did get a lot of good…

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 5, 2022 11:02 AM
Mar 2019
We got to see the royalty this episode, and it seems like there's a bad egg among them. Arc is as boisterous as always.

The ED still slaps. Definitely one of the best this season.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

May 5, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2016
This is so dumb and lame that it's funny again, lol. But I swear, some genuinely fucked up shit instead of the vanilla beating around the bush would make the show legit. It's supposedly R rated and yet I've seen kids shows which had more "action" than this 💀

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2022 11:39 AM

May 2021
Dance Dance Danseur's bullying scenes felt way more darker than this. Setting that aside, the mini-plot of "save the elves" seems to be part of a larger plot of kingdoms, slavery and stuff. The power dynamics of the royal family also does seem pretty interesting.

Good set-up; hopefully it pays off.

Also, just me or was Ariane also CGI at times?

May 5, 2022 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
I don't really get all the rape-y scenes, feels more like the author has a fetish than these having any actual significance to the story. It's really not that dark of a story, and these scenes aren't really presented in a way that should be particularly disturbing, if anything there's a clear suggestive quality to them, but at the same time they're pretty tame. I don't know, it's just one of those shows where it feels like the tone is all over the fucking place.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 5, 2022 12:00 PM
Aug 2020
Arc revealing himself for the first time felt really strong, definitely the highlight of the episode.
May 5, 2022 12:03 PM
Jan 2018
ponta and arc are in sync.

Ariane couldn't resist the ponta cuteness , I don't blame her.

May 5, 2022 12:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh should've been burn that shitty cunt cartoonish noble into crisp for real, or just showing me what those elf women did to him and it will be much better. Need more violence than that xd. Though by how Arc collecting the noble stashes actually some kind of a nice way to put an end to his shitty takes. Hopefully its the end of the deal, but i am afraid its may continue to another messed up moment for Arc, and Ponta.

Then that's it, moment of truth, Arc revealed his skeleton identity! But, Ariane reaction truly was not what i think before. At least the bond already forged quite nicely there!

Alright, getting some world building expansion plot, by how they introduced the western kingdom name and then with king himself and all of his child. I suppose to believe that they may be meeting with Arc and Ariane, sooner or later, either its means good or not for the skeleton knight. but from now on, with Ariane moment for not able to resist Ponta cute and fluffiness kinda be a fine note near the end.

Lets see what kind of darkness they get in store on the next episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 5, 2022 12:27 PM
Jul 2021
As expected, the elf woman had virtually no reaction to the revelation: it seems the skeleton gimmick really is just that and will have little relevance to the show. I don't know if the author has a fetish or what not for all the near-rape as others have speculated, but it's definitely being (over)used as a low-effort plot device so the MC can rescue damsels in distress: the rapey antagonists and their minions are near-mindless in their portrayal.

I wasn't expecting anything deep out of this show but it's even shallower than I thought it'd be, and disappointingly bland and unfunny as well.
May 5, 2022 1:34 PM

May 2016
Lazy_watcher said:
DirectorK said:

I don't think so, from some of the scenes you can see Sekt is the cunning type, Dakares is the arrogant noble classist type.

Dakares might only see ok someone attack and hurt his country noble aka an attack to the ruling class so he riled up and he seem like the type who is an idiot and racist.

Sekt for me is the type who will do anything to achieve his goal, the more dangerous type.

by hunting the elves, they push themself into risk of hurting the relationship with the world cause Elves seem to have the monopoly over magical item and crops improvement rune, and that will hurt the position of the first successor in line the most.
Also, with the relation with the elves broken, the country will need something else to replace it as its shield from other countries, I think there is a bigger party playing a part here and work with Sekt.

My bad, I got the names mixed up. I thought Sekt was the second prince and not the first. You share the same view as I do, but I like to add a few things myself.

1. You're correct about Dakares. Arrogant? Yes. A racist? Maybe. A kidnapper and a rapist? No. I just don't see that from him. His arrogance can be described as stubborn pride for the noble class. His prejudice against the elves could be described as youthful ignorance.

2. Sekt is indeed more cunning and the more dangerous type. The fact that he gives a smug smile not once but twice in that scene seems to prove it. That's the look of someone who's plotting and thinking, "Everything is going as planned.". It honestly feels as though Sekt wants to start some kind of conflict with the elves in order to gain more power. I also think he wants to remove anyone who can challenge him to the throne so he can have all the power himself once the King dies. If he's the one behind the kidnappings he could set up Dakares. He knows that his younger brother is arrogant, impulsive, and seems to greatly dislike elves, and he could use that as a way to get rid of Dakares. And who would question him? Probably not his father and definitely not his sister, who shares the same opinion but is blind by loyalty. Sekt the heir after all. He's the very image of a noble prince, whereas Dakares is not.

3. When Princess Yuriarna's maid says, "Once Prince Dakares is cast down, the throne will eventually be yours or Prince Sekt's." notice her body behavior. She appears excited, even eager. Yuriarna of course brushes if off a careless remark but if you really thought about it the maid looks as though she's hoping it will happen. Wants it to happen. Expects it to happen. Makes you wonder if she might actually be a spy working for Prince Sekt. Could even be his secret lover for all we know.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 5, 2022 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
Arc was like, I'm going to steal all your stuff and was quickly sugarcoating it. Not that he's wrong.

It was obvious that Ariane wouldn't be able to resist Ponta. But who could blame her?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 5, 2022 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I almost ejaculated from some elf rape but it wasn't long enough, was hoping to see those elves cry and weep from their shameful rape.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2022 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
I don't wanna be THAT guy but I'm kinda sick of the elf rape... That aside good episode. Also like how the marquis got his just desserts and a lowkey S&M from him and Ariane that was also impressive. Lastly Ariane is becoming waifu of the season (yes I said it folks a seasonal waifu)

May 5, 2022 3:06 PM

Sep 2014
The way they "punish" these rapists is reaching Shield Hero levels of silliness. They behave like criminals, yet are treated like naughty children that have yet to mature. It's like the story doesn't know what it wants to accomplish in terms of tone with these scenes.

I'd rather see the author go balls to the wall with the dark fantasy stuff. Otherwise, just stick to the typical fantasy stuff instead. That's better than attemping to be edgy to raise the stakes, just to play it off as a joke. That's the difference between good "edge" like Berserk and... looking merely goofy and chuuni. Which might work with some other elements of the story, but not this one in particular imo.

When it comes to everything else though, thankfully I'm pretty happy. While it's not a revolutionary story by any means, the execution overall is pretty good and that's what counts most.
May 5, 2022 6:05 PM
Feb 2021
I still don't understand where they are finding all these elves to kidnap, especially if the elves have a fortress city they can be safe in.

And what does the treaty actually say? "And no kidnapping our women and selling them as slaves."?
May 5, 2022 9:00 PM
Apr 2018
jamesarr67 said:
I still don't understand where they are finding all these elves to kidnap, especially if the elves have a fortress city they can be safe in.

And what does the treaty actually say? "And no kidnapping our women and selling them as slaves."?

Oh ya, the anime kinda skim on this, they did show hint.

Basically elf is really really care about spirit beast, so if there a spirit beast got hurt in the region they will heard it cry and want to help it.
The younger the elf the more effective it is that why you see the basilik hurting ponta in ep2 to become the lure.
May 5, 2022 9:37 PM

Dec 2021
Solid episode, Ariane cuddle ponta is so wholesome scene, and again "almost r*pe scene" again, ah man, i think its h genre but nah

also cant wait to see Princess that arc save at first episode, she probably help arc in negotiate with 3rd princess. cant wait next week!
May 5, 2022 10:21 PM

Sep 2018
You gotta wonder how many people are actually upset about the near rape scenes or are just virtue signaling for some clout. People in high power doing shitty things, color me surprised.

And this talk about "not moving the plot forward", cool, you read that somewhere online and took that stance for yourself lol, as if that now makes rape/near rape scenes alright or not. I'm sure you could argue almost every rape scene "moves the plot forward" in some way, like somebody already has in this thread.

It's a scummy fantasy world and has disclaimers at the beginning of each episode, the moaning every episode is pretty funny. We need more scenes like this in anime, that portrays brutality in all it's glory.
May 5, 2022 10:46 PM

Jun 2021
LMAO Arc tries to justify robbing the gold and Ariane actually believes it! I also like how Ariane just can't resist Ponta's cuteness.
May 5, 2022 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
What would be just another iseaki is saved by Arc's true intentions and his character. This man is hard carrying this show like a Fornite sweat. Also, the whole rape thing is getting boring now. Can we knock it off with the shock value?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 6, 2022 2:44 AM
Aug 2017
Lol Arc, I think you could've let her keep that tiny sack of money when you're literally surrounded by heaps of stolen gold.
May 6, 2022 5:13 AM

Oct 2016
Jesus, this show really cannot go through one episode without a rape scene lmao.

I really liked that Arc revealed his face just like that, no bullshit, just trust.

Ariane and Ponta were super adorable. I too want to partake in Ponta's fuzziness.
May 6, 2022 5:14 AM
Mar 2021
I liked the fact that glenys play off that she was totally lost in pontas fluffiness, and arc played along till the end.
May 6, 2022 7:41 AM

Nov 2010
Looking at a cute girl flirting with a fluffy animal is a feast for our eyes. But we would recoil at the sight of her taking a deep sniff at it.
May 6, 2022 7:41 AM
Mar 2012
Arc's gamer looting excuse is tops.
Long awaited skull reveal, and finally Ariane earns trust to super fluff Ponta, theyall cute while trying to revert to formality.
Olav foreign policy disaster & schemes interesting setup brewing for awhile.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

116 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 2:52 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2022

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gambit9877 - Apr 28, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2022

187 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.