Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2022 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
Mikoto's injury (a cut to the eye) is severe, but he wants to finish this match strong, so a patch to the eye he has to contend with to persevere until the end, leaving Tatsuru to pick up the slack to cover for him and re-fire his veteran willpower from Takuma's taunts. It's do or die, with a job on the line.

Sure, Takuma can exploit both Mikoto and Tatsuru to use their disadvantages against them, and Mikoto has already recovered with Nakama power to face them head-on. Takuma thought that he could just face both Mikoto and Tatsuru by himself without Izumo's help, and it all stems from his brother (Hayato of Unisics) being encouraging in his young days until the day that he moved out of the house, because he couldn't match Takuma's prowess.

A doubles team is only as strong as the weak partner, and conveniently for Mikoto and Tatsuru, they have enough research to predict his moves and land win after win. The same way with Izumo, they clearly got their act together and are playing a real doubles match, down to the wire. At the cusp of Mikoto's wound reopening and Tatsuru prepared to forfeit the match (and thus his career), they've come this far just to give up 2 match points to declare the win. The last tactic of Mikoto's trauma, he's finally learned his mistake to trust Tatsuru to land the winning strike.

A simple but well-rounded show, simple to enjoy and hard to put down. Thumbs up.
KANLen09Apr 16, 2022 12:02 PM
Apr 16, 2022 10:25 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and satisfying finale. The match was so intense!

Overall, this was an okayish show in my book. I didn't care much about the corporate stuff, but the matches were really entertaining and well animated.

SerafosApr 16, 2022 12:43 PM
Apr 16, 2022 12:16 PM
Sep 2015
I've to say that even in shounen genre where friendship is everything and louder is better, it's hard to believe they can win against world champion when one get knee injury and another one get eye injury. One explanation is that the opponent team subconsciously can't play with full power because they know about the injury.

And corporate sports is more about saving money than generating income, you can see that the winner team using the company product (drinking beverage) and it's also serve as an advertising, boosting the product popularity without hiring expensive celebrity.

But very successful team can also generate income for the company, in the last scene we see that all players from four companies are being considered to be in Japan national team. And if they win something big (like Olympics), the company that employed them can also serve as their agent and get a percentage when they're sponsored by another company.

Even if I wish, I don't think we'll get a sequel. But this anime owe me a kiss scene between Tatsuru and Mikoto, so I'll wait, no matter how long...
Apr 16, 2022 12:55 PM

Aug 2019
This was an excellent anime to watch during the winter season. I'm hoping we can get a second season in the future. I'll miss seeing the guys from the Sunlight Beverage team, especially Tatsuru and Mikoto.
Apr 16, 2022 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
good anime, not just a generic sports anime, the ep kept me on my heels the entire time, 10/10.
Apr 16, 2022 1:50 PM

May 2017
Strange anime for sure. I'm not really getting the corporate stuff, maybe someone thought that combining the word salaryman and the way that Japanese people pronounce "badminton" was real hilarious and decided to base a show around it.

I liked the badminton scenes for sure, and the characters had interesting backstories. Pretty silly all together ✌ but not bad for a sports anime, really. And mildly more interesting than usual sports anime that feature a regular school sports club
Apr 16, 2022 1:55 PM
Mar 2021
Anime was cool and had consistently great animated scenes in matches
It’s unique in a way because it doesn’t take the stereotypical sports route especially for badminton ie the high school route etc like ‘love all play’
Hopefully s2 comes but it’s probs not so rip
8/10 anime
Underrated af
nath260504Apr 16, 2022 1:58 PM
Apr 16, 2022 2:02 PM
May 2011
This was fine, but please, no more.
Apr 16, 2022 2:03 PM

Nov 2019
A great finale that pretty much rounded up the whole anime, it was satisfying to watch

Mikoto sure loves badminton and playing with Tatsuru, and vice versa, the scenes between them were so wholesome. They truly are the best doubles pair~!

With an ending like that, its bound not to have a season 2, but I can't help but want to see Mikoto and Tatsuru get together u.u

An 8/10, a beautiful edition to this season and also happens to move away from high school sports, the oversaturated setting, so a corporate badminton series was nice to see
Apr 16, 2022 2:14 PM

Oct 2015
The finale was great and quite satisfying. ^^
Apr 16, 2022 2:35 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yikes, that injury looked concerning for a bit but thankfully, it wasn't too much of an issue. I was thinking the coach might forfeit when his wound opened up but good on Shiratori for making his feelings known.

It's nice to see that their win has gotten their sales up high by quite a bit. Pro-advertising by winning the Corporate's match-ups. They have possibly even gained a shot to represent Japan in the international stage? That's big!

On the other end of things, it was nice to see Kirishima-san comfort his brother. Miyazumi-san's "Don't look down on those trying their best." was quite the scene, hopefully there won't be any bad blood between the two sides lol.

Turns out the director chief or whoever it was tried to do all this for the sake of the company after all. Well, can't say I don't understand since I do imagine a significant portion of money goes into this. But surely, there must've been a better way to do this?

All in all, it's been a fine show for me. Concept-wise, the show seemed interesting. But, for some reason, it just never managed to get me that invested. A lot of developments and whatnot felt like rinse and repeat from other sports show too. With that said though, the Op and ED were fantastic and the animation at times were great.

As such, I'll settle with a strong 6/10 for this. Don't underestimate Badarymans!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 16, 2022 3:03 PM

Feb 2021
Amazing final episode! I enjoyed it so much! I wish there will be second season sometime to see pair in international tournaments too!
Apr 16, 2022 5:24 PM
Feb 2021
The ending was very good. I had a lot of fun but there are some things I didn't like. I hope to see a new season ❤️❤️
Apr 16, 2022 7:01 PM

Sep 2018
That was one of the worst final episodes I have ever seen

- My prediction from the last episode was right, he split his skin open in the eyebrow area, exactly what happened to Safin at the Paris Masters, and he kept on playing.

- Burst out laughing when he came back onto court with a eye patch covering his left eye (surely some sort of medical glue/sticky tape would have sufficed).

- The One Man team, Tatsu himself, actually starts winning a whole bunch of points whilst 6-14 down and 5 minutes later after the injury, Mikoto suddenly doesn't even need the eye patch! All for the drama lol. Ends up winning 21-18 from 6-14 down lmao, an incredible 15-4 point differential.

- More shitty melodrama and quick, forced backstories to make you sympathize with some piece of shit.

- Foresight ability conveniently brought up whenever it's required, hardly ever seen all twelve episodes.

- The badminton itself was utter garbage, no fluid animated scenes, too many arsepull tactics (like the net cord tactic from that doubles pair), that don't compliment the real life setting of the anime. As far as I can tell, this isn't some supernatural sports, though it fricking should be, the way they sometimes play lol.

- The work life aspect was boring and unnecessary, used only to stand out more in an ocean of other sports animanga.

4/10, not rated lower than this only because I somewhat enjoyed the start of this show.
Apr 16, 2022 7:06 PM

Jan 2010
I went into this anime with zero expectations other than the intrigue of salarymen playing Badminton.

Yet there was overall something lacking from this anime that made me not be able to enjoy it as much?
I think the biggest reason is that I think this could have done better with more episodes? idk.

It did it's best to balance out the corporate/salary stuff with the Badminton playing..but the only thing that really came from the salarymen side of things was them coming up with a new drink? Was expecting more or something.

For the characters, Tastu and Mikoto's relationship was the best part. But as for the secondary characters, the onlly one I found myself invested in was Usuyama. Didn't really care about the others. They did get their brief moments in the spotlight, but I still couldn't get invested into them.

My other issue is that even tho these were supposed to be "adults" most of them were still in their late teens? tatsu and Usuyama were the only ones who were actually "older"

Or the the characters acted like obnoxious teenagers, especially the rival teams, who had the immaturity of a mid-aged teenager. A lot of times it felt like I was watching your generic high-school sports anime, which just bored me. Just wish everyone behaved more like adults, or were just older, like being all in their 20s or 30s.

I also wish the finale didn't spend half of the time focusing on Kirishima. Like I could care less about that asshole lol.

I knew they'd still win, having Tatsu resign woulda been so dumb. Pretty typical and cliche way of making it happen, but whatever, I can accept it.

This was still far better than a few other original sports anime I've watched in the past couple years. idk if I liked it better than Bakuten though.

This was open-ended as if there could be a second season, due to that very last scene.
As great as a second season would be, I don't see it ever happening. Tho Bakuten, another super underrated original sports anime, got a movie of some kind, so who knows. Though idk what even the Bakuten movie is? like if it's just a re-cap movie or what?

But Ryman's Club was still a pretty good sports anime! Totally underrated, but no surprises there. I still enjoyed it despite my gripes with it.
Apr 16, 2022 8:04 PM

Jan 2021
Interesting ending that wrapped up a lot of plot points. A bit melodramatic in the end with some characters backstories but whatever.

Overall the show bit off more than it could chew. Too many plot points and needless backstories of generic characters I don't care about. It should have focused on our two main characters balancing work life and their passion sport. I was surprised as all the characters acted like they were in highschool, granted most of them are young, but their young career men with full time jobs. If they acted more like adults and focused on work/sport life it could have set itself apart from other sports anime.

I didn't hate this anime, there's obvious effort put into this show. It was fine and I found myself still caring in a good chunk of moments. It felt like a 6 from the start and stayed in that lane all the way through.
Apr 16, 2022 8:38 PM

Apr 2016
dyt there will be a season 2? :( - I kinda loved this
Apr 16, 2022 9:03 PM
Mar 2020
Exceeded my expectations. I did not expect to become so invested in it as I was until the final episode. It really makes me want to see a second season, but with the way things finished maybe it'd be better off without one. Very good.
Apr 16, 2022 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
Tell me I'm not the only one that cheered with that last point!

I checked it out on a whim because it started late. It was much better than I hoped.
Apr 16, 2022 10:49 PM

Oct 2016
This was a nice solid show overall. I am satisfied, wouldn't mind if there's no more seasons, but they're teasing a potential sequel at the end there with the nationals, so we might get a season 2 at some point. 7/10

Aye, who said corporate sports was useless though, green onion ginger ale begs to differ.
Apr 16, 2022 11:38 PM
Aug 2012
Season 2??? Season 2??
Apr 17, 2022 2:05 AM

Sep 2016
Great anime from the beginning until the very end.
Can't believe a fujobait sport anime is this good
Although I enjoyed the salaryman SoL sections more than the badminton matches
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 17, 2022 2:12 AM

Mar 2012
I felt that the episode went so fast because of the flashbacks. When Mikoto stepped on court again with an eyepatch, what disadvantage. But Takuma throwing away teamwork mid-game contributed to their defeat - "why does he keep playing doubles with this mindset" but that tsuntsun moment at the end with Izumo was character development. I had to check just now what age he is again because that scene felt like from a high school sports anime instead of with working adults 😆 (he is 19, okay). Congratulations to Sunlight Beverage for winning the tournament and increasing company sales yay haha

I really enjoyed this series. It has a straightforward story, Good OP and ED, and I appreciated the last part showing the other teams as I found the supporting characters likeable as well.
Apr 17, 2022 2:47 AM
Jan 2020
Could've been better, some of the drama's were pretty dumb. I would've liked this more if this is 24 episodes. It's kind of rushed.
Apr 17, 2022 4:22 AM

Jun 2021
That was a great final episode to such a fun series.

Tatsuru shutting down whatshisname on the other team gave me chills and set up a nice comeback. It's cheesy but I loved the scene where everyone comes together to cheer on our badarymen. It gives a nice sense of the journey they went through together and the final scene where Mikoto calls out Tatsuru's name for the final smash was amazing.

Having the epilogue scene where Mikoto is now teaching the newbie to the job and probably badminton really shows how far he has grown from the beginning of the series.

I love this series and would love if that tease at the end actually leads somewhere.
Apr 17, 2022 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
This was a really good end!!

Miyazumi's knee injury and his job was a good enough reason to make last episode's game last for two episodes, but I love how they upped the stakes by injuring Mikoto's eye, which also added tension.

Takuma's rotten personality was properly explored, and he was defeated while he was being his worst. It was so satisfying! Plus, it was clear from that he also needed to lost to someone else at least once.

Izumo was a nice character, wasn't he? It's hard to put into words how much I liked the way he grew in that short scene.

Mikoto didn't completely overcome his trauma, but he learnt to not let that control him. That is so important. The trauma was not just treated as a plot tool. It was a part of the character. There will probably be times in the future when the trauma will return terribly, but he controlled it once, so he should be able to do it again.

The angry guy didn't just lose the bet, but also got proven utterly wrong when Negi Ginger became popular. It was a nice way to shit on him. lol. But, I wish he got fired for falsely accusing someone and trying to fire them.

When Tatsuru pulled his jersey up to wipe his sweat, it looked like a tired person wiping his sweat, even though his abs were visible. It didn't feel like pointless fanservice, and I like it. "Tsurune" should have done that too instead of making the abs the focus in a story about character growth! Abs are beautiful, and putting focus on them will easily pull me out of the flow of the story! lol

Kirishima brothers talked again, and it was nice to see some familial bond.

When Takuma gave Izumo a compliment, he sounded like he was about to die. haha. Good job, voice actor!

Mikoto has become a senpai to another Mikoto. lol. And now, he himself has become Tatsuru, the Badaryman!

I am glad this anime exists. Sometimes, we just need stuff with older characters dealing with stuff.
FuMomo-kunApr 17, 2022 7:06 AM
Apr 17, 2022 8:00 AM

May 2020
And they win, thank God. I was worried they were going to do the usual "Bottle it in the final" thing that a lot of sports manga/anime seem to do.

Anyway, this was a pretty average anime actually. Nothing we haven't seen before and the animation wasn't anything to write home about either. It had its moments and I enjoyed the workplace aspect of it quite a bit but overall, not much to it honestly.
Apr 17, 2022 10:56 PM
Jun 2021
neeeeeed season 2 or I will break down and be a badary myself
Apr 18, 2022 1:18 AM
Mar 2021
I am satisfied with the ending. Tatsuru become manager too!! He deserve it and it's so funny how Mikoto speak the same way as Tatsuru now XD

I hope more and more sport anime will have salaryman characters instead of high school.
Alice0006Apr 18, 2022 1:23 AM
Apr 18, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2014
The final match was pretty tense. Despite Mikoto's gash above his eye, he was allowed to play on with the bandage over his left eye for a bit until the wound healed just about enough for him to take it off and play with both eyes again.

Despite the wound re-opening again, the support from the crowd rejuvenated Mikoto and Tatsuru's desire to continue and they were able to win thanks to Tatsuru going for a jumping smash to seal the match. Unlike the last few sports anime I've seen, I'm glad that this show didn't use the "lose in the finals" cliche that's been a bit overused.

Overall, this series was very enjoyable. Just like with HaneBado, LidenFilms did a great job with the animation quality during the badminton matches. The office life was also pretty fun to watch as well.

I think I'll settle with an 8/10 for my final score.
Apr 18, 2022 5:52 AM
Feb 2022
anime about sports but we see these people practice to prepare for competition very little, the coach is useless other than cheering for his students, he has no role at all, btw it's like trying to mix work and sports and make it pretty unbalanced, art and animation, pacing, char dev of the main character with 12 episodes is not much, but we can still see, when he accepts and understands the value of doubles in badminton.

6,75/10
itzlApr 18, 2022 5:57 AM
Apr 18, 2022 6:52 AM
Dec 2020
Pretty nice, I enjoyed it, the animation was good, especially the matches, they’re entertaining. It’s like a typical sports show, but not boring. Well, and like many sports shows, somehow the last boss opponents had a mental issue and not perform their best. Personally I don’t really a fan of that type, it decreases the fulfilment a lil bit. It reminds me of how Hanesaki in Hanebado beat Mashiko, who also coincidentally has some flashback over surpassing their brother. Or how Joe in Megalobox beat a Yuri who just underwent a torturous operation. Just to say, because I also think it’s inevitable setting for the underdogs to win. Overall 7-8 out of 10, I recommend it. The interactions between the men are heartwarming, kinda like a Slice of Life.
MayokawaApr 18, 2022 7:00 AM
Apr 19, 2022 2:58 AM

Dec 2020
WOOOH some of those plot points were pretty cringy. "i lost the onl person that truly understood me, so thats why im an asshole" "nothing matters if its not with you" stuff but aye thats basically a part of any other anime.

really engaging ep tho, animations greaaat. though some sacrifices were definitely made (besides the match scenes, a lot of them were stills. especially the crowd lmao. not much to animate there but they fr just put a "!!!! hype!!" filter when they were cheering😭😭 come on.)

this anime was so.... Eh. but i enjoyed a lot of it. pretty good finale, i like how mikoto was guiding the new newbie similarly like how tatsuya did with him
Apr 19, 2022 9:43 AM
Aug 2020
8/10, this one really took me by surprise.
Apr 19, 2022 2:25 PM

May 2015
Honestly, not so great overall. At some point I started caring about ginger ale more than badminton and that last match was pretty nice but also unrealistic. I think I'll forget about this anime very soon so 6/10 is more than enough.
Apr 22, 2022 8:13 AM

Jun 2021
i really liked the anime. i hope they'll make a season 2 for this!
otophileApr 22, 2022 9:46 AM
Apr 25, 2022 8:41 AM

May 2009
What do you mean there's no manga to read the Olympics arc??
Apr 25, 2022 10:35 AM

Nov 2019
after Iwa Kakeru! I wanted to give another Orignal sports anime a chance, I liked how badminton and work go hand in hand.

I liked the character, they made me laugh a lot.

this was fun, I don't mind a second season
My Score: 8/10
Elyon_HolicSep 13, 2022 3:40 AM
Apr 29, 2022 6:03 AM
Apr 2020
Definitely love how the animation is consistent until the end. It is refreshing to see for me since it has to do with corporates and sports.

Also I'm satisfied with this ending. I kinda cringe when they confess stuff in the middle of the court though but it made me feel something despite that. Also Mikoto becoming as Miyazumi and loving his work made me smile :'>.

Def will recommend to my friends.
9/10
AkiraroytApr 29, 2022 6:46 AM
Apr 29, 2022 10:21 AM

Dec 2016
When Mikoto just went “Tatsuru!!” with no san at the end, that kinda gave me goosebumps.

Good thing none of them had to quit and that annoying chairman or whatever lost the bet.

It was OK. The first few episodes were a little boring but I actually enjoyed as it continued.

Overall 7/10
May 4, 2022 1:47 AM
Jan 2021
its been a while that I hadn't watched a good sports anime since Chihayafuru.
It was an accomplishment that Sunlight Beverage won the finals and now, everything was resolved. Mikoto and Tatsuru truly have a great chemistry.
I loved this series so far, it has very good animation and soundtrack and anything else. Even though it is an original anime, I wanted it to have a sequel if possible.

8/10 one of the underrated and dark horse anime in this season.
May 22, 2022 10:01 PM
Oct 2019
average finale imo

overall i give this anime a 7/10. pretty solid

what was that scene at the very end where those guys were looking through photos of badminton players? season 2?

ryman? batteryman? salaryman? can somebody solve this for me?

personally, i'm happy ending this here. a nice, self-contained story. don't think it's necessary to watch a season 2

i kinda liked some of the goofballs on the other teams. especially those unisics 3 haha. wish the sunlight executive who created that whole fraudulent accusation actually received some punishment. douchebag gets off scot free. that's absolutely nonsensical
May 23, 2022 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
Overall decent watch with the animation being good although I gotta say the drama and backstory felt weak and while I'm glad we get to see adults instead of the usual teens I wish they put a bit more focus on difficulties in balancing work and sports (badminton).

May 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Apr 2009
Meh, another anime with way too many characters and too little episodes, it probably would have been decent if they had cut out like 3/4 of the "rival" cast and focused more on the main character and him trying to juggle being a salaryman and a professional player.

Some decent animations and some nice character designs, but overall it's just another forgettable sport anime.

Oct 2, 2022 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
Unexpectedly entertaining.

Sadly suffered from its short runtime because it did have quite a few good characters and plot points that could have benefited from 12 more episodes. Still, it was really enjoyable and, honestly, a bit hard to rate for me now... It's not an 8 but its definitely higher than a 7... oh well
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Oct 13, 2022 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
Mediocre episode to conclude an awfully executed series. Pacing during the last 4-5 episodes was atrocious and the last-minute flashback to justify Kirishima's shitty behaviour was beyond laughable. Not to mention the salaryman stuff that started out decent but got incredibly dumb afterwards.

3/10 - Usuyama's story-line was nice tho.
Dec 1, 2022 6:48 AM

Jun 2019
My 204th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jan 5, 2023 10:30 AM

Oct 2022
Really nice ending, maybe it could get a season 2?
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Jan 22, 2023 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
A nice enough series but this show tried to cram way too much development and story into 12 episodes which meant those 'moments' didn't have the impact they might've done otherwise. Just too large a scope for such a short running time like this. Ultimately the characters are likable enough but few get the time required to really care too much about them all. Also the vice president was really one dimensional as the sorta main 'villian', he just didn't have clearly defined motivations for wanting to see the team fail. I also think the sport really gets shafted here, outside of the characters all enjoying it we don't really dive too deep into it as these sports shows tend to do. Honestly at one point I actually wanted the show to be more about the office life and trying to sell the ginger ale.

Anyway I think at 2 cour this show could've been much better than it was, but at just 12 episodes I think a 6/10 fair enough.
Nov 26, 2023 9:34 AM
Oct 2019
I watch Spokon for this
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:47 AM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 12, 2022

35 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 AM

» Ryman club broadcast in Malaysian TV

RMX_90 - Nov 2, 2023

3 by Cellider »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 26, 2022

12 by vidrar_sky »»
Mar 18, 2023 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.