Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2022 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
Mikoto is just getting started with playing pairs with Tatsuru, though his trauma keeps haunting him of the past. The uncoordination needs to be fixed before they face rival team Unisics.

Other than badminton, the guys also have to do their part on sales, because that's part of the job as well. His "power" of predicting the future is a bit cliché, and rescinding that for non-verbal communication seems like an easy pass to glance though.

The business (or badminton) trip into Unisics (which is more like an idol team or something), and this is another well-established team for a friendly match of singles and doubles. Case in point, to show off their star player Hayato Kirishima's tactics. Through it all, Mikoto being able to trust Tatsuru to eke out a win is already commendable considering how strong Hayato and his doubles partner Daiki Oginome is by using Mikoto's foresight as a gamble, although they lost completely overall.

Still quite OK...but drama will come up soon enough.
KANLen09Feb 5, 2022 9:01 PM
Feb 5, 2022 9:42 AM

Feb 2020
Another really strong episode.

This show has surprised me probably the most this season. I already had to drop Futsal Boys, so I'm glad this is much more interesting. :)

SerafosFeb 7, 2022 10:34 PM
Feb 5, 2022 10:43 AM
Sep 2015
Just in case someone wonder why Unisics players are all act like celebrities, Unisics is basically a fictionalized version of Universal Music. They even recruit a highschool player, but he probably won't attend highschool if he has to play badminton and be an idol at the same time, the pink hair boy, which I guess he'll play a single match in real tournament instead of a guy that just lose to Sunlight single player.
Feb 5, 2022 12:52 PM

Apr 2021
Just as I predicted, Murase Ayumu is voicing the ‘short, but secret ace’ type character and I LOVE it!! Very exciting episode, can’t wait to see more!
Feb 5, 2022 2:00 PM

Dec 2009
I'm really enjoying this show so far, this episode felt like 5 minutes and time flew by in a flash!
Feb 5, 2022 3:54 PM

Nov 2019
Nice to watch Mikoto and Tatsuru get closer during work this episode

Badminton-wise, Mikoto sure will take some time warming up to playing doubles, but he and Tatsuru did a pretty good job during the 2nd portion of their match

Unisics being both an idol and badminton team sure is fun to see, I wonder if all the badminton clubs in this series have double job roles for their players
Feb 5, 2022 4:28 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Huh, that felt like it was over really fast. Guess I enjoyed it. So it's the 2nd episode of what is probably the first ever badminton sports anime if I'm not mistaken, and it's just as solid as the first. Solid, but really not exceptional in any way. Maybe I just can't help but compare it to haikyuu that just has so much more character, heart, and intensity. However it's only the 2nd episode, I'm sure they'll bring out the big guns later

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 5, 2022 5:21 PM
Jun 2012
So after all that big talk he just went into doubles and plays in a team now? What a spineless guy.
Feb 5, 2022 5:32 PM

Mar 2016
Not a bad episode. But, it felt very ordinary compared to the first one.

Murase Ayumu playing a skilled shota again! lol. While I am not a fan of one actor constantly playing the same part, I can make an exception for Murase Ayumu. He's just really good at what he does!

I am not sure if I heard Fukuyama Jun or not. The dark skinned boy sounded kind of like him.
Feb 5, 2022 6:47 PM

Jan 2010
Another good episode. I was concerned at first that the visuals/animation took a major downgrade after the first episode, but everything looked good during Mikoto and Tatsuru's match.

I gottta say though, I get that this team is supposed to be the underdogs, but they don't seem like they stand a chance against any of the other teams. Which I guess is the whole point of the underdogs trying to win against better competition but still...they really suck right now. Curious to see how they'll improve.

I saw this on twitter, but it looks like Mikoto's ex-partner who was at that construction site in the end credits, is actually in of one of the Badminton rival teams
https://imgur.com/a/te6Mhe3

so that should lead to some major drama
Feb 5, 2022 7:21 PM
Jul 2020
its ishikawa kaito-murase ayumu againnnnnnnn
Feb 5, 2022 7:43 PM

Sep 2018
A shame, it's more fujoshi bait than actual good content. When that "I have over 500,000 followers, tee-hee" guy showed up, it all but confirmed it.

The badminton itself it stupid, his "otherworldly" prediction powers are hilarious and his reasons for not jumping is also pathetic. So your partner got injured, get over it clown. Can't believe this pussy has some post traumatic stress from such a trivial incident
Feb 6, 2022 12:27 AM

Dec 2020
ahh yeah this isn't really different from a normal highschool sports show lol. a bit disappointed at that but whatever

the match was reaaaally really fun to watch. seeing their dynamic grow was great :D hopefully we'll get to see some good plays from the other pair too
Feb 6, 2022 1:16 AM

Mar 2015
Not as good as the first episode I believe - The prediction thing is a bit of an asspull, but we will have to see what we get for the next episodes.
Feb 6, 2022 2:56 AM
Mar 2011
The prediction thing was pretty useless when he talked about not being able to read the form when trying to return an overhead. Overhead placement is one of the easiest shots to predict normally since the angle of the arm and racket need to be there unless the player hitting it has a huge amount of time to set it up or at net.

The trauma thing is also weird since the guy he injured apparently still plays for a rival team or something. It's pretty much the partners fault in doubles if you collide with your partner and not just one players fault.It would be one thing if the MC got injured himself badly and has a fear of re-injuring or something.

Overall it was a fun episode though. Definitely liking that coach too.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Feb 6, 2022 7:54 AM

Jun 2020
Omg Souta’s hiccup so cuteeeee

Tatsu is paying a lot of attention to his ai bo(โŽโฬดฬ›แด—โฬดฬ›โŽ)

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Feb 6, 2022 8:42 AM

Jan 2021
Overall solid episode and the match still got me hyped. The humor isn't getting me, but I'll probably watch this till it ends.
Feb 6, 2022 9:05 AM
Feb 2020
snowman_builder said:
I'm really enjoying this show so far, this episode felt like 5 minutes and time flew by in a flash!
true, also the protag duo's match kept me on the edge of my seat
Feb 6, 2022 9:40 AM
May 2021
I really can't believe I was about to write off this anime without even watching ep 1. Now I have another fun addition to my Saturdays
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Feb 6, 2022 12:31 PM
Jul 2016
Ok, so far I'm really enjoying this show.
I really like badminton, I used to play when I was in HS and a while ago I saw the equipment being sold in a store and I really wanted to buy it, but I didn't have the money. This is getting me pumped up to play again ughhhhh
I'm feeling the drama coming u for the next episode, chile, this is going to be good.
Also, I love Miyazumi's voice actor, I'm gonna keep an eye on him.
Feb 6, 2022 2:58 PM
Dec 2020
Another really great episode.

I love how this anime is making me excited and intrigued about a sport that I wasn't keeping up with.

This episode does a great job to keep you hooked throughout the entirety of it. And the match scenes are so fun and enjoyable to watch! Can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 6, 2022 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad that the animation maintained its high quality, I was afraid that it wouldn't be consistent.

Regarding the story and characters, the anime sticks with the classic formula of the sports genre, not really bringing something new on the table. It's perfectly fine with me though, it slaps everytime and hits home by using a more realistic approach.

Also, we got our first badminton game. It had everything an introduction of the story should show. The birth of a power duo has been set, strong opponents appeared indicating a future challenge, and we saw more about the MC's strengths and weaknesses.
Feb 7, 2022 5:22 AM

Feb 2014
Once more, this was a pretty solid episode. I did expect the production quality would drop, since the first episode looked very fluid and smooth, but even by normal standards, it was still good in this episode. =)

Mikoto's issues of being afraid to jump due to a past incident is going to take a while to be resolved. Saying "Get over your issues and get good" would be an idiotic thing to say (and It's been said once in this thread already), so it'll be up to Mikoto to try and find his rhythm again to be comfortable and confident to jump for the shuttlecock more often.

I'm not surprised that he and Tatsuru lost in their match, but their second game was still pretty epic. Despite the issues with Mikoto, he got a good synergy going with Tatsuru who covered his back many times and it was really fun to watch. I do look forward to seeing how their teamwork will grow as the series goes on.
Feb 7, 2022 7:30 AM

Apr 2009
It's not bad, but I was expecting more from the adult cast. So far it feels like you could switch the setting to high school and change very little.

They even train in one!

Feb 7, 2022 11:16 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode, seems like there's some upcoming drama.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 7, 2022 4:48 PM
Nov 2021
Good.. Best anime
Feb 9, 2022 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Great Episode, and that little bit match was also amazing. I'm really impressed by its animation.
Excited for more matchs and tournament!!

I think next episode we are going to have a flashback!!
removed-userFeb 9, 2022 12:42 AM
Feb 9, 2022 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
This might be my new favorite sports anime. Refreshing to switch it up from school life to work life and the age brackets between characters in their 20's-30's. Great animation in physical articulation and less overdramatic than a few other series I've seen. Hope it keeps the tone!
Feb 11, 2022 6:27 AM

Aug 2021
I found another now-airing anime that seems to be able to fill the void in me. Nice.
Feb 18, 2022 11:55 PM

Jun 2019
Another cool episode. The whole foresight stuff is bullshit. LOL, But, I understand what they're going for. The boys lost as expected but I think they got something out of that game.
Feb 20, 2022 1:56 AM

Dec 2013
Oh this is getting really interesting. Although they lost at least they sort of had a strategy :)

Mikoto is reminding me of someone and the ED song is really good!!!!

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Mar 14, 2022 3:18 PM
Oct 2019
"sorry about all the fuss. i look forward to pratice"

"well, i look forward to blasting a hole through your guts today"

-------

"oh yea, just one more thing. how come you can't jump anymore?"

i'm enjoying this. i wonder what that "ace in the hole" is all about
Apr 1, 2022 11:32 PM

Jan 2020
Is it even a sports anime if Murase Ayumu and Ishikawa Kaito aren't voicing players?

Overall good episode, I'm really enjoying the SoL aspect of the show. The animation was better in the first episode, but we'll see how it goes.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 21, 2022 6:22 AM

Jul 2015
I hope Mikoto's trauma isn't a simple him hurting his partner because that would be quite silly. Nonetheless, some nice beginning teamwork between him and Badaryman.

Jun 6, 2022 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
This was quite dull with how is just the trite sport drama that works better in a school setting than with salarymen, might just give a chance to the next two episodes before I quit with Visual Prison and this maybe I have reach my limit of Just handsome guys being there shows.
Jul 14, 2022 11:08 AM

Jan 2015
Seems too fast-paced? Like it's relying too much on the tropes of the genre to carry our understanding. Idk, I'd like more development of the main team or at least the main duo before we move on to fighting other teams. It feels like I still don't know anything about the other characters on team we're following. Plus the show hasn't explained anything about badminton other than "You lose when the shuttle hits the ground" (obvious) so all the shots of the scoreboard and "Cross court! Straight!" talk has no meaning to me. The first episode was engaging so I'm kinda disappointed.

I wonder what powers the other characters have, since Mikoto's Foresight is kiiinda leaning into the supernatural.

Since they're being vague about exactly what happened to Mikoto's doubles partner and how he feels about it, it feels cheap whenever a match's momentum comes to a halt because he froze up. Looks like the guy in the post-credits scene might be his former partner, so I hope we get some more info?
Sep 11, 2022 8:54 PM
Jan 2020
hayato and ayato sheesh
Nov 8, 2023 9:19 AM
Aug 2022
We need a buildup for matches instead of tagging along with sales reps.
Dec 14, 2023 3:08 PM
Jan 2021
So Mikato’s foresight isn’t solely for badminton and it’s more of a natural skill that he has. I was wondering why he reacted that way to the random man walking about, but it all makes sense since he figured out that he’s a shoplifter. I’m guessing by his reaction he wasn’t able to predict that he was gonna pull out the knife. Tatsuru really showed his maturity by taking responsibility for Mikato messing up the client’s car. This partnership is developing slowly but surely.

That match against Hayato and Oginome was a spark. Mikato doesn’t intend to lose again and he’s getting back into the spirit of doubles.

Now Tatsuru asks the key question. Why can’t Mikato jump? Are we gonna have to wait until later in the series or will he answer immediately. I don’t think there’s much of a chance since that seems to be a very touchy subject given that any time he tries to jump he thinks of that specific incident.

But from what I can see from the ending it seems that he’s making progress. If I’m not mistaken, that brown haired guy with glasses is that teammate from the flashback…

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2022

50 by ankara »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:49 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:47 AM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 12, 2022

35 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 AM

» Ryman club broadcast in Malaysian TV

RMX_90 - Nov 2, 2023

3 by Cellider »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 26, 2022

12 by vidrar_sky »»
Mar 18, 2023 8:00 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.