Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2022 8:59 AM

Jul 2016
More than words, I already love this adaptation ヾ(@⌒▽⌒@)ノ Anya and Loid VA fits so well. Very on point Anya expressions. They captured the fun and wholesomeness of the mango. Really looking forward for more.
Apr 9, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2019
Time for some Spy X Family. Really digging the VA for Loid and Anya. And I also like the style, kinda reminds me of Balance Unlimited (which makes sense since it was the same studio).

Looking forward to see Yor.

Apr 9, 2022 9:00 AM

Mar 2018
It's so good, so much and more that I'd want from an anime.

I love the chemistry between the two, the fight choreography, animation, music, everything.

"Mommy doesn't exist!"
Apr 9, 2022 9:01 AM
Apr 2021
can't wait to see Yor in the next episode!🔥
Apr 9, 2022 9:03 AM

Sep 2021
As a non-manga reader the pacing is quite wild in this episode but it's nice to see a spy being efficient in what he does. I was afraid that Forger may become soft and descend into father mode too early but he maintained his cool ..for now. Excited to see what comes next.

The music feels slightly underwhelming for a cold war spy show ngl.

Forger and Anya's dynamic is really cute but I kinda hoped they fleshed it out more before rushing to that action scene.

The aspect of spies that appeals to me the most is how their past experiences shaped the ruthless and cynical figures they are today and that scene of young forger crying in the ruins certainly stands out. WWll had a traumatic impact on most CW spies and Forger is no exception to it. Interested to see how that develops.
hdkzTanaka_isGodApr 9, 2022 9:35 AM
Apr 9, 2022 9:03 AM

Jul 2021
Yeahhhhhh! This ep was so cute and wholesome! Anya is so adorable (ᗒ ᗨᗕ)
Apr 9, 2022 9:05 AM
May 2021
Such a wholesome anime!!! Hehee
Apr 9, 2022 9:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was good! I couldn't help but have high expectations for the show and I'm pleasantly satisfied with what we got from here.

Right off the bat, there's an assassination and a spy working behind the scenes to gather the info. That's more like it, dynamic and wild! Pretty cool how effortlessly he got it done, a man with a 100 faces indeed. Gee, I felt for the boss's daughter though, imagine being ditched right beside a successful marriage proposal. Spies sure get unreasonable commands at times too, a kid within 7 days xD. That'd concern any man, let alone a spy.

And then we're introduced to Anya. Adopted to 4 different families following the fleeing from the facility that unintentionally created her power, that's certainly not a rosy life so far. Using her telepathic abilities to the full extent, she's definitely smart in another respect.

Seeing Forger's struggle made me develop a new respect for parents, can't figure them without interrogation - dang it, lmao. Some nice familial bonding with the fun hide-and-seek games there from one side of the party.

Can't end a Spy-centered show without some action. Buildup to it being Anya messing around with the transmissions and getting kidnapped was kind of funny though. CloverWorks & Production I.G., one can't help but have expectations for some of the standout moments too and those action scenes certainly fit the bill! Quite the display of skills there from Forger.

"To not let kids cry, that's why I became a spy" - Boy, that was some powerful scene when he ripped out the face mask. And that spy show-off - "I know your daughter's weight, height, .. , and criminal record." Now that's a threat and a half!

A pistol with a silencer, it could've gone so wrong for her but thankfully it went just about fine. Cool liar, that excuse of just shopping around the corner was never going to fly, lol.

Totally in father mode over the school entrance determining scene, that was a treat to watch for sure! He's had a rough past and is doing noble things now, respect. Anya thinking he might've died from all that was hilarious though. But wait, a mother now? Yikes, lol. Anya squeezing in to have a nap with Chichi was too adorable.

Hip-hop style ED, as you'd expect from Hoshino Gen-san. I think I'll need some more time to appreciate it. Looking forward to the Op! Noticed K(N)ow_Name appear at the start of the episode, it'll be cool if some of their tracks make it across here too.
_MushiRock11_Apr 9, 2022 9:21 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 9, 2022 9:07 AM
Sep 2015
There's nothing extraordinary in the first episode yet, but I can see a lot of potential in the future.
Apr 9, 2022 9:11 AM
Jan 2019
Amazing adaptation! No skipped content. Gorgeous.
Apr 9, 2022 9:11 AM
Oct 2017
Nothing but shoutout to Wit !
Such great animation , audio &
Proper VA for characters.
Episode 1 is nice introduction for series.
Apr 9, 2022 9:14 AM
Apr 2022
forger family looks so fuckin good
the animation is amazing
i been waiting for months, i'm so happy you have no idea.
Apr 9, 2022 9:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well that was definitely a great start for the very beginning, they adapted chapter 1 perfectly I guess, now I'm waiting to see Yor later xD
Apr 9, 2022 9:16 AM

Sep 2017
"Mother does not exist" with that expression just sent me LMAO

Between this getting to 8.80 less than an hour after the episode and Kaguya easily breaking the 9.00, 1/10 trolls have their work cut out for them this season.
Apr 9, 2022 9:18 AM

Apr 2021
Solid and strong first episode, both for the manga readers and those who doesn't read the manga. I'm quite afraid actually about the plot being rushed, because once I remember this first episode almost took half of the first volume. But at the end, I found it enjoyable, understandable and laughable, and the plot drives really well-converted into anime.

Seiyuus playing in also in this reason too. How really the one who voiced Anya Forger really blend into her character, and how well Eguchi Takuya could well-handle the 'lot' of personalities that Twilight had.
Drama and action well-handled, comes in with great graphics and the music too. Like I've said earlier, it was really a solid and strong first episode. On my unpopular opinion, it might be one of the best first episode animes. But who I am to judge...

Enjoy the ride my friend, and all who read it.. It's still a long ride, but it might be one of the best ride we ever took.
Apr 9, 2022 9:21 AM

Apr 2020
Anya is so adorable! Been waiting for spy x family to air and it's been awesome so far.
I absolutely love the characters so I hope the story carries through
Apr 9, 2022 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
Like expected, I enjoyed this way more in anime form than in manga form. It looks fantastic and the animation looks so smooth and well-detailed that makes Loid really come across as a badass spy throughout despite only limited 'exciting' stuff actually happening in this episode. The story's kind of middle of the road in this episode and could have been even more exciting overall besides just a couple moments looking sick, but the production makes it feel a lot more enjoyable than what plain manga art could do, and the anime makes me like the character designs a lot more too seeing how well the staff put them together and brought them to life here. Music could be better since it did make the episode drag a little at times, but other than that, it was a really good adaptation of the manga. Anya's a good complement to someone like Loid too.

It's a decent premiere overall. Not my favorite from this season (that belongs to Kongming until I eventually see the premiere for Kingdom Season 4 I presume) but I did enjoy this a lot more than the manga which I found average overall from the story to the art as well, and the anime looks so good. Hopefully with the next few episodes, I can find even more excitement there to the point where I can call this a straight up good anime. For a start, this was fine for normal standards and impressive as a whole compared to the manga.
Apr 9, 2022 9:22 AM

Apr 2021
One of the most anticipated release of this season by the public, it deserves high praise from its pilot episode. Character introduction for Loid and Anya is amazing. Takuya Eguchi really fits the role. I love the reactions of Anya as well, applause for Atsumi Tanezaki. Now, we have yet to wait for the Forger family to be completed next week.

Apr 9, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2016
A highly anticipated premiere has arrived! Spy x Family is at the top of many peoples most excited to see from this spring. Rightfully so as the manga is top tier and performs so well. Its a basic setup of super spy Twilight aka Loid having to make a family for his next mission. But its not solely played for the comedy you would expect. I actually teared up during this episode. The characters have a lot of heart behind their individual writing. Anya in particular since shes had such a rough childhood. Being a human experiment with her telepathy powers, being taken back to rundown orphanages multiple times, abandoned or mistreated by so many people. Until Loid adopts her for his mission. Them two fit as father and daughter instantly. The bond is formed right in front of us in this episode as Anya is kidnapped. Loid seeing why she had been irritating him so far brought everything full circle. Seeing these two become so close this quickly warmed my heart. Anya deserves all the love in the world, Loid has been so alone for so long that he does as well. Anya had many funny moments in this episode too, her antics for wanting to be part of a cool spy mission made me laugh. Following Loid around like a magnet and reading his mind to have responses ready to go. Beautiful moment after they saw Anya passed the elite private school entrance exam. Loid just passing out from exhaustion and Anya climbing on the couch to cuddle. They are adorable together.
Apr 9, 2022 9:24 AM
Nov 2020
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?
dunno what you mean it was 1/1 the same scenes as the manga its a perfect adaptation in this moment

Dec 2017
Anya's expressions were so good. The animations were also amazing.

Sep 2020
This first episode was really good. Anya is just too cute
Apr 9, 2022 9:25 AM
Jan 2020
I love this show. Anya and her powers make this really interesting, cuz she knows as long as she plays along, she can be w him. But this show is amazing. Great first episode and can’t wait to see more.
Apr 9, 2022 9:26 AM

May 2020
I was hoping for Know_Name to perform the opening/ending, but I guess "just the music" is fine too. Still hoping for an insert song maybe! :)
Don't mind me,
just passing by...

May 2021
MegamiRem said:
One of the most anticipated anime of this year is finally here and this was a great start, the production is superb. As expected of both the studios behind the adaptation. Twilight x Anya moments were really wholesome. Twilight's a cool guy and Anya's adorable, even more so with Tanezaki Atsumi's voice.

Also I know it'll be a long while before we get to this in anime but can't wait to see this going from here

to here

May i know what chapter this is ? idk if I've read it or not
Nov 2021
4 out of 5 so far it seems as promising as it's hyped up to be. Love the MC guy he's cool as a fan. The girl is pretty annoying though. Can't wait for the other lady in the poster to make her appearance. I assume it's the guys wife.
Sep 2021
It was really cute and interesting! Can’t wait for the next ep next week!!
Apr 9, 2022 9:27 AM

Oct 2015
omg omg omg so fucking good
Apr 9, 2022 9:28 AM
Apr 2021
It was so good wit studios did not disappoint! I’m so excited for the next episode and see how things will play out.
Apr 9, 2022 9:30 AM

Nov 2018
10/10 episode, I expect great things from this adaptation, it was REALLY good and got me invested in the characters from the get-go. Might get back into the manga since I left it on-hold pretty early on.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apr 9, 2022 9:31 AM

Aug 2020
Loved it so wholesome..
Oct 2020
Amazing first episode. The animation looks amazing. Also love anya's voice. And this is gonna be 25 eps! Might be anime of the season for me besides kaguya sama

Oct 2021
First Episode was perfect and animation captured Anya expression so greatly... so much cuteness and wholesome moments for me to handle.
Apr 9, 2022 9:32 AM
Jul 2021
They did so good as portraying Anya as a kid. Cuz it’s literally the point🫶🏻 they got her reactions and everything spot on. The style of the animation is also different but a great type of different
Apr 9, 2022 9:33 AM
Mar 2022
finally this day came!! I was sooo exited!! Love the ep btw <3
Apr 9, 2022 9:35 AM

Nov 2018
Such a perfect episode 1 in my personal opinion. I was so excited for this and it exceeded my expectations.
Apr 9, 2022 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
OP will be shown in next week's episode, whereas the ED will be shown at the end of episode 3 (confirmed).

As far as the adaptation from WIT x Cloverworks goes, that was an amazing first episode. The action cuts were fluid, the character designs were 1:1 to the manga as well as consistent, the art and compositing was clean, the voice acting and soundtracks were solid too. Seeing that cut of young Twilight hits differently after last's week chapter which began Twilight's backstory. Yor next episode, and then Damian and Bond will make some waves too.

I'm really excited for the 2-cour and I hope the quality stays consistent the whole way through.
Apr 9, 2022 9:36 AM
Sep 2021
On the end ''But Mama doesn't exist'' 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Apr 9, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2021
What a great start! It's sooo nice to finally see them animated! <3 <3 <3
Can't wait for more episodes to come!
Apr 9, 2022 9:37 AM

Jul 2016
The whole episode is cool and wholesome. Liked the character of Loid and Anya this episode. The episode is fast paced but it adapted very good. The animation and art is great with some nice character sakuga.

The direction is good that introduces our MCs and the starting premise, that expanding as the anime progresses. The main VAs nailed the character especially Anya which is surprising because its different from the trailer. The OST is good too with jazzy music which compliment the scenes. The ending song played btw its such a great song. Overall great pilot episode

Apr 9, 2022 9:38 AM
Jan 2021
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?

this definitely happened with me as well. i actually laughed out loud while reading the manga but the anime didn't hit quite the same lol
Apr 9, 2022 9:38 AM
Sep 2020
so far we have a Miyuki Shrogane but cooler, a telapath, must protect, adorable little girl and a nodder song in the end (not sure if thats the ed or op)
Apr 9, 2022 9:39 AM
Aug 2021
THE BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR IS COMING
Apr 9, 2022 9:40 AM
Jan 2019
this will hopefully become my favorite slice of life anime
Apr 9, 2022 9:41 AM
Jan 2019
zzzboo said:
THE BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR IS COMING

no doubt

character limit
Apr 9, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2020
anya is so fucking cute

Dec 2021
😭😭♥️ I love the manga so much and the anime took my breath away. It was so good!! Can’t wait for the next episode! And the voices!!?? Loid??! *nose bleeding* xd
Shingster

Jun 2015
And its finally here. Loid really is the man with a hundred faces huh. But man Donovan Desmund sure had the most unfortunate of faces though. That orphanage though sure had staff that were uncaring in the extreme. Still Anya sure had a complicated past. But it was adorable seeing Loid try get used to becoming a parent and speedlearning the things he needs to do so. Given what she went through no wonder Anya hates studying. The storming of the shop though was well well played especially the turning of the tables on them by using flour traps. Loid's dramatic slow fall in the end after seeing Anya's results was hilarious. Overall an excellent opening ep that featured a perfect combo of action, comedy and world expansion while also introducing the strange dynamics that the Forger family will bring to the narrative. Looking forward to meeting Yor. The ending theme was also a pretty calm one as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2022 9:48 AM

Jan 2021
Pretty good, it escalates quickly then there are wholesome scenes, I wonder how many manga chapters will be adapted.
Apr 9, 2022 9:48 AM
Jan 2021
Oh my, I really enjoyed this first episode

Also (K)Now_NAME somehow involved with the music production/composition? Wow. Just wow. Been anticipating this anime for another reason which is mah boi Gen Hoshino and goddamn he sure did a good bop ending. You could never go wrong with him when he's the one singing

Can't wait for the next episode!
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.