Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Asumi takes the stage this episode but I honestly couldn't care much about her character at all. Wish this show got me invested into its cast.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by this anime overall in terms of story execution. Shuuta is probably the only person I care about in the finale as he seems to always try his hardest at everything in this show. Guaranteed I'll forget about this anime before this year is over.
Apr 6, 2022 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
So, the final Vision that the RGB guys receive, is Asumi's own thoughts about the 24th Ward and its impending state of disarray, all in one picture that choosing a future is hard to ascertain.

The CMD is basically the key to the KANAE System, and that it links the RGB guys directly to Asumi even if she doesn't want them to see her in her vegetable state. The people of Shantytown protest in regard against SARG, and at the top of the head, Koki's father Gori who is stubborn to realize that the System is imperfect for the referendum to proceed.

All hope rests in the RGB guys to do everything right, link her consciousness to the entirely of Shantytown to reveal her true colours, and talk things out with her. This hits especially hard for Shuta who isn't ready to say his goodbyes to Asumi, being full of emotion. The love/romance was a load of crap, though it definitely saved Shantytown countless times of the worst futures done.

With all that, the KANAE System is finally shut down, and Shantytown is back to its normal state.

A really messy and over-complicated series for its own good. And to produce this in crunch time, it only sours the watching experience even further.
KANLen09Apr 6, 2022 10:26 AM
Apr 6, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
That was a crappy finale for a mediocre show. The first episode got me hooked, but after that everything went downhill.
Apr 6, 2022 9:47 AM

Feb 2017
This was, probably more than most that aired this season, the one show that I wanted to like more than the others. I'm just sad that my investment in the characters plunged rather quickly after the first episode, and that its series of ideas and deliveries couldn't stick.
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal
Apr 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
This had potential in the beginning but slowly and then QUICKLY went down the shitter. Things just made no sense like Shu's strength for example and them being able to enter the Matrix all the time.

The ending actually had me laughing because it was so bad.

4/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 6, 2022 10:49 AM
Sep 2015
So what was that song by Survive Said the Prophet?
Apr 6, 2022 10:53 AM
Sep 2015
I don't know how much I understand the story, it has interesting concept about privacy vs security debate, but it was done in such a shounen way that no serious solution is offered to me. But it's not like I expect a profounding answer in an anime anyway, and since the shounen part is well-made, I think this anime get its job done.
Apr 6, 2022 10:55 AM

May 2021
Final episode! It was pretty emotional having to see Shuuta and the others say goodbye to Asumi but now the town is back to normal and he is still baking golden sunrise xD.

Overall, the first episode was probably the best and though the series had some disappointing ways of executing ideas, it was good for what it was to me.
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 6, 2022 11:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Freedom or security, small government or big government. You choose!

Shu: I choose ASSUUUUMMIIIII

So it wasn't really clear, but somehow they arrived at a point between the two projected futures and got the best out of both worlds. Maybe it was everyone saying "I love you" and making everyone lovey dovey that fixed everything. That's fine I guess

3/10. Clover Works missed the mark yet again on an anime original project. Wonder Egg fell off harder, but that's because it initially had a high point to fall off FROM. Tokyo 24th Ward on the other hand, was kind of just consistently bland through and through. Idk man, I didn't want to dislike this, but at no point did I truly feel invested in these characters. This finale actually imo wasn't TOO bad, but it would've been better if it made more sense.

If Clover Works introduces another anime original again, I'm going to have next to no hope for it

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 6, 2022 11:26 AM

Jun 2017
swn said:

I've been trying to find this out too. Don't think it's fully out yet, we might have to wait a month or two. I've been refreshing their Youtube page lol
Apr 6, 2022 11:47 AM

Jun 2021
shaadow82 said:
swn said:

I've been trying to find this out too. Don't think it's fully out yet, we might have to wait a month or two. I've been refreshing their Youtube page lol

I legit came into this thread just to find that song lol
Apr 6, 2022 1:02 PM

Feb 2019
Well, I didn't think it was going to be that good after the first few episodes, and just as I thought, it wasn't that good.

They leaned WAY too heavily on the Trolley dilemma. Every problem in the show was "choose who suffers".

There felt like a lot of ass pulls too. Like, how did Shuta get super powers, and why was he the only one in RGB with them?

That tornado that killed their teacher just appeared out of nowhere, at the time, I thought it was manufactured, but that was never really addressed, so I guess it was just a natural, even though it seemed 100% unnatural.

Then you have Gouri, who thought it was okay to stick his daughter's body in a tank and use her as a human computer, and stuck to his guns even as the entire population was being labeled terrorists, then finally breaks down and figures out...oh no, maybe I shouldn't have used my daughter as a computer. Yet there seemed to be no consequences for him, he should have gone to jail.

Then it seemed like at the end, they were saying, "we have Kanae system 2.0" as if using a human brain was the only problem with the Kanae system.

There was some pretty rough art in the stills in the last episode too.

Apr 6, 2022 1:03 PM
Sep 2021
Truck Kun gets defeated and a loser remains in this world…
Apr 6, 2022 1:11 PM
Sep 2021
swn said:

Song is called Papersky
Apr 6, 2022 1:14 PM
Feb 2022
In the episode, I liked it because RGB talks to Asumi and the whole population discovers that she is the heart of the Kanae system.
Apr 6, 2022 1:26 PM
Sep 2019
I good éñding to a really bad Show with lots of production mistake.

I was laughing when Whole World confused to asumi.
(Or at least Tokyo 24th ward)

In the end she leaves everything for future. And finally let go of this world. Happy for her.
This kind of systam is trash to begin with. I like what they did in the end. sad Only if the show was this good for me it's just 5/10 show with 3 point for ending
Apr 6, 2022 2:39 PM
Sep 2015
Lifeisgood215 said:
swn said:

Song is called Papersky

Not that one. I'm talking about the insert song during the Asumi scene.
Apr 6, 2022 3:51 PM

Jun 2021
The show had an interesting premise, but failed to deliver. Half the time, it felt like they had no idea what they were even doing; like they wanted to go the SMT True Ending route with all these problems, but the cast was so divided, that they barely got anything done most of the time.

Honestly, I wish they just went for a show about RGB rebuilding their friendship, improving the island and coming to terms with Asumi's death. The character interactions and their personalities were by far the best thing about this show. Shuta was pretty much useless for much of the series, but he was freaking hilarious and would have made for a great comedy protagonist. The bread episode ended up being my favorite episode of the series.

4/10 for the story, 15/10 for Shuta, 5/10 for the character designs and being a step above mediocre. I'd average that out to a 6/10.

Apr 6, 2022 4:09 PM
Dec 2021
Vector calculus. Greninja.
Apr 6, 2022 6:58 PM
May 2021
Asumi just might have one of the biggest anime harems ive ever seen lol, whole city rly just said "daisuki" simultaneously to their phones
Apr 6, 2022 6:58 PM
May 2021
Asumi just might have one of the biggest anime harems ive ever seen lol, whole city rly just said "daisuki" simultaneously to their phones
Apr 6, 2022 7:37 PM

Sep 2019
The first episode of 40 minutes was a super interesting concept, with a refreshing idea and well executed, after that it went downhill overcomplicating the plot chapter by chapter. Having a super developed technology that is able to predict the future powered by human brains what is this? A psycho pass budget copy? The system had a "bug" at the end, and it was solved with the power of love, engineering 101. It was disappointing ngl.

Shuta they don't deserve you
Apr 6, 2022 9:25 PM

Dec 2020
😭😭😭😭??? wtf was that "i love you" part i laughed way too much
Apr 7, 2022 12:05 AM
Mar 2022
Yeah, this is a mixed bag, it had potential (as what others have said) then it went all downhill from there.

And oh my fucking god, everyone saying "I love you" at the end was so fucking cringe

Apr 7, 2022 12:12 AM

Jul 2021
First half was good to begin with the concept but the 2nd half just gets even dumber when executing whatever outcomes the mission which just gets overbearing at times, like the writer spent a lot of times dragging so many conflicts for the RGB, and in the end, the execution is shit to pursue what the RGB needs. Also what the fuck was that ily part, kinda cringed but ok, but cool inserted song though I guess lol? 4/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 7, 2022 2:23 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, that was terrible :') I knew I should've dropped it earlier, but I really wanted to know how they'd end this. It was not worth it, lol. I don't like using this word, but I definitely cringed really hard at the end when everyone kept saying "I love you." Like, even random people who didn't know Asumi was saying it, and that's way too cheesy. The meaning of those words really gets lost when you have random people saying it and probably not actually meaning it. It would've made more sense if they somehow understood the situation and said "thank you" instead.

Like others have said before me, this was a show that I wanted to like. It came up with an interesting concept, yet its execution was a bit too heavy-handed for my taste. Also the characters shout at each other too much, even in this episode, I just wanted the talk between Asumi and RGB to be over. Well that was a thing that I watched, I guess XD Will 100% forget about this in a few months...Oh, but we did get a very good OP (song + the content itself, I love the transitions between all the characters) and a very chill ED (currently on replay).

swn said:

Yup, it's by SSTP! In the ending credits, it says the insert song is called "Find You." I also wasn't able to find information on its release date unfortunately.
tingyApr 7, 2022 2:27 AM
Apr 7, 2022 3:36 AM

Feb 2019
Underwhelming. It just sort of... stopped.

The cast crying about loving Asumi started off a bit wearisome, but then because plain stupid once everyone joined in. And Shu's new outfit was pretty ridiculous.

Well, it was at least interesting enough to keep me to the end, but it's not as though that's any kind of praise.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Apr 7, 2022 4:43 AM

Oct 2016
Well, that was a fucking underwhelming ending. Definitely a lot of wasted potential, though what we got was ok I guess more or less, I found some enjoyment in the show at least. My favorite part of the show was definitely the ED though... That did not play this episode. I hope they release a full version of that banger. Overall, I give the show a 6/10
Apr 7, 2022 7:22 AM

Nov 2013
we all love asumi right guys? LOL
i mean, i know Asumi was quite popular with the people near her place when she was alive, but i'm sure that wasn't the case with more than 70% of that island

anyway yeah, i managed to not drop the anime (since it was more or less easy to watch, wasn't discussing it with anyone and barely took any prints) but it has to be one of the worse i've seen recently lol
on the other hand, Kinako and Mari were cute enough :p

anyway 4/10, clearly not watching anything else related to this unless it's a super ecchi version with the girls :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 7, 2022 8:22 AM

Apr 2008
I was over this series about half way into it, yet I still continued to watch it. I liked the first few episodes but then I just kind of lost interest from there. There was just too much going on in the anime and not enough time to tie everything up and the characters were just meh.
Apr 7, 2022 8:45 AM
Jan 2022
Asumi has to be the blandest character that everyone fawns over

Also the "I love you" scene was cringy af
Apr 7, 2022 9:00 AM

Apr 2016
A mediocre ending for a mediocre show..
Such a shame that Survive Said The Prophet songs were wasted on this
Final score 5/10

Apr 7, 2022 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
Ngl the ending it's a bit underwhelming, it has potential but oh well I'm not complaining
Apr 7, 2022 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
HOOfan_1 said:

That tornado that killed their teacher just appeared out of nowhere, at the time, I thought it was manufactured, but that was never really addressed, so I guess it was just a natural, even though it seemed 100% unnatural.

Yes, this bugged me so much. I thought they were doubling down with the precision lightning strikes, but I guess not? Asumi having weather control for no good reason would be the only thing even resembling an explanation, but that would make Kozue thanking Asumi for saving her reeeeeeally awkward.

I regret finishing this one. You know you have a problem when out of nowhere rocket skates that explode on someone's feet without leaving a scratch isn't the most ridiculous part of the finale. Just atrocious. Echo a lot of other people who wanted to like this but were overwhelmed by the nonsense.
Apr 8, 2022 10:06 AM

Jun 2021
Did we ever find out what that Survive Said the Prophet song that was playing during the “I love you” part was? (Not papersky)

That song was absolute fire and I can’t find it anywhere!!!
Apr 8, 2022 3:59 PM

Dec 2016
It was a really average and forgettable anime.

Not a fan of seeing grown guys acting like hero in the first place so it was hard for me to enjoy. Also the three MCs weren't that likeable. Especially Shuta, he sounded so oddly hyper in most of the scenes that it seemed kinda out of place.

Then comes the character design, it is common in anime for the MCs to have something that makes them standout but it was very comically obvious in this one, they could've toned down their hair color a little. Also, the characters' design seemed to noticeably drop as it progressed.

I was tired of seeing the ear tunnel thing each and every time Asumi called them, they could've just skipped that.

The ending was so predictable that at some point I had to take Asumi's not wanting them to see her as “Oh yeah she has no clothes on” to cheer myself up.

What's up with the whole city saying “I love you” to Asumi in the end, that was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Also this Kanae System is still confusing to me and I don't even wish to understand anymore.

The OP and the ED was the only good part of this anime. Sadly I can't find the full version of the ED anywhere.

Anyway, Overall 6/10
Apr 9, 2022 8:05 PM
Jan 2021
To be honest, this ending does not make sense to the plot. I thought the show is OK but it has concepts that didn't execute well
6/10
Apr 11, 2022 2:12 PM

Jun 2019
The final episode tried to recreate the anohana vibe in a very cringey way.
Apr 12, 2022 11:37 PM

Jul 2021
Man what an episode. Got kinda emotional at the end there. This was the best episode till now NGL. The "I love you" part was kinda lame, I mean when the whole 24th ward started saying it, it got pretty lame (or maybe cringey is the appropriate word?) lmao. Liked the Shuta confession though, glad that he was able to tell that to her and even glad that Asumi loved him too, happy for both of them, Asumi can now really RIP.

This surprisingly had a good ending, felt a sense of closure and as expected there won't be a season 2. Kind of a happy ending. Liked it.

5/5 episode and overall am gonna rate this 7/10.
TsutanaiFuunApr 12, 2022 11:40 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 16, 2022 4:44 PM
Jul 2008
HOOfan_1 said:
Well, I didn't think it was going to be that good after the first few episodes, and just as I thought, it wasn't that good.

They leaned WAY too heavily on the Trolley dilemma. Every problem in the show was "choose who suffers".

There felt like a lot of ass pulls too. Like, how did Shuta get super powers, and why was he the only one in RGB with them?

Then you have Gouri, who thought it was okay to stick his daughter's body in a tank and use her as a human computer, and stuck to his guns even as the entire population was being labeled terrorists, then finally breaks down and figures out...oh no, maybe I shouldn't have used my daughter as a computer. Yet there seemed to be no consequences for him, he should have gone to jail.

Then it seemed like at the end, they were saying, "we have Kanae system 2.0" as if using a human brain was the only problem with the Kanae system.

There was some pretty rough art in the stills in the last episode too.

The anime has many bad executions but most of the concepts can be explained.

The main focus of the show is the about the trolley dillema, why you complained about this I don't understand.

How the trio got their superpowers already explained in the show, it's not only Shuta who got it.

Tornado can appear very quickly and disappear minute later: https://scijinks.gov/tornado/
However, predicting tornadoes precisely is a different story. One minute it's just raining or hailing, and the next minute the roof or even the whole house is gone. If you were lucky, you and your family had a few seconds to find some shelter where you would not be picked up by the violent winds or seriously injured by large chunks of flying debris.

Gouri putting her daughter body is also one of the story main point, it's the morale dilemma in scientist world. In what law he should be put in jail?

Kanae system 2.0 is putting IRL humans into work rather than just relying in computer.

The show has many interesting IRL problems presented but they botched it somehow because of production issues.
Apr 18, 2022 5:10 AM

Feb 2019
LeonLanford said:

The main focus of the show is the about the trolley dillema,

To its detriment...that's one of the things that made the story bad. That's why I complained about it. Just because the show made that it's main premise doesn't mean it wasn't a bad idea...because it was.

One minute it's just raining or hailing, .

Yea, but it wasn't raining or hailing, there weren't even any clouds in the sky...the storm just appeared out of nowhere. That entire part was completely unbelievable.

In what law he should be put in jail?

Japan, like many other nations has laws against improper disposal of a body

https://japantoday.com/category/crime/man-keeps-fathers-dead-body-at-home-for-3-years-to-keep-collecting-pension

Kanae system 2.0 is putting IRL humans into work rather than just relying in computer.

Yes, but all of the protestors going against the Kanae system were against it because it was turning their island into a surveillance state, not because it was a computer which was deciding what threats to act on. So turning it over to humans doesn't alleviate that complaint.
Apr 18, 2022 5:21 AM

Mar 2019
Perhaps the only thing that i'll ever remember about this show was the opening song. This show died along with kunai in episode 4 because everything went downhill from there.
Apr 18, 2022 5:22 PM
Jul 2008
HOOfan_1 said:
LeonLanford said:

The main focus of the show is the about the trolley dillema,

To its detriment...that's one of the things that made the story bad. That's why I complained about it. Just because the show made that it's main premise doesn't mean it wasn't a bad idea...because it was.

One minute it's just raining or hailing, .

Yea, but it wasn't raining or hailing, there weren't even any clouds in the sky...the storm just appeared out of nowhere. That entire part was completely unbelievable.

In what law he should be put in jail?

Japan, like many other nations has laws against improper disposal of a body

https://japantoday.com/category/crime/man-keeps-fathers-dead-body-at-home-for-3-years-to-keep-collecting-pension

Yes, but all of the protestors going against the Kanae system were against it because it was turning their island into a surveillance state, not because it was a computer which was deciding what threats to act on. So turning it over to humans doesn't alleviate that complaint.

1. You didn't complain about the story was bad because of trolley dillema, you complained about how the story leaned heavily on that thing. It's 2 different things. If you say it's bad, it's quite subjective like every other shows.

2. Did you know about tropical cyclone? Try looking for it. Also this show is Sci-Fi show, it's not a documentary. If you ask about their buffs, it would be different story.

3. How do you know he can be charged for body disposal law? He is the official, he is the one who made rule, and the show was in special administrative area. There was not even police force there, the rule enforcing force was controlled by him. As I mentioned before it's like donating a relative body for science, he did not use the body for personal gain and gave very careful thought about it.

4. Now you have narrowed down the problem, so your issue is surveillance? But as showed in the show, it's not a problem. Many people willingly used Kanae system because they believe it's better for them, did you forget they need to accept certain agrement to install the Kanae system?. A real issue arised when the system was broken: it marked many innocent people as criminals therefore the protests arised. In IRL we already have this system in US and China which the show want to give notice.

---

Different people have different takes.
I'm not here to debate but only gave my view about why your complaints are not issue for me.
I think this is a show with good premise but badly executed.
May 7, 2022 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
RGB trio, friends and family saying they love Asami at the end had some emotion but it turned very cringe with random strangers just joining in and saying it.

Overall this had an interesting premise but the plot was just executed badly which is a shame.

May 12, 2022 6:24 AM

Apr 2020
The best part of the show is the opening.
5/10 the rest is very forgettable.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 16, 2022 2:48 AM

Aug 2018
joshua10red said:
A mediocre ending for a mediocre show..
Such a shame that Survive Said The Prophet songs were wasted on this
Final score 5/10
Choosing to die so your people can have freedom and choice yea nah sorry there isnt some unrealistic miracle that Deku from my hero can come up with and she is saved LOL
Jun 16, 2022 3:22 AM

Aug 2018
Other anime had me thinking they going to find a way to save her but they keep telling us no that isnt happening we are going to treat you like adults and giving a hard choice LOL thanks anime I wanted to escape reality not face it.
Jun 25, 2022 7:26 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
This deserves at least a 7/10. Not a great show by any means but eventually worth the watch in my opinion. There's just enough here to make it worth the while.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Apr 12, 2023 5:41 AM

Dec 2018
some parts were really nice and emotional but i felt like the show had an awkward execution to it. i think maybe a 6.5/10 or something, hard to say. nice to watch a show that isn't typical high school romance/try hard comedy but it felt sloppy. like a steak that gets dropped on the floor before being served to you.
Jun 5, 2023 1:52 PM

Jun 2021
https://youtu.be/hh41zItumK0

It has finally happened

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

108 by Mezzy93 »»
Apr 1, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2022

29 by nick_el_son »»
May 8, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2022

33 by Slayer49 »»
Apr 18, 2023 11:18 PM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2022

39 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:08 PM

» Some REALLY Bad News

KANLen09 - Dec 29, 2021

30 by mshfqtny »»
Jan 7, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.