Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2022 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, not going to lie, I'm going to have to get used to the characters' eyes in this show. First episode had more action than I had expected but also dating sim tropes, especially in the opening minutes.

We got a few characters introduced but eye are mostly on Leon for now. I have to admit, he's actually a tough guy despite the big change in his life that went down in the first episode. Not bad actually. I'm entertained.
Apr 3, 2022 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
So this is Hamefura, only if reverse-harem-ed to death with the Isekai reincarnation tropes. Also, despite being a LN adaptation, it's faithful to the manga version as well, minus the shortcuts.

Kashitarou Itou's songs have always been spectacular, and this follows up with the OP. Same with Riko Azuna's ED.

Being forced to play an Otome Game by your idiotic dear sister to clear it, and to get ridiculed by in-game characters, that's such a lowblow. And this is the case for MC Leon Fou Bartfort who died in the real world after playing a streak game to completion.

And of course, being in a nobles-commoner situation, the unnamed brother is Isekai-ed into the Otome Game world, only to live in that game as a background (or mob) character. So think Catarina Claes but with a goal and objective to match, and on the commoner side of things.

Re-routing the Otome Game's sequence of events to survive just like how he conquered the game, everything is as Leon remembered with a few surprises here and there. Being close to extermination from a sentry robot explaining this "New Humans" plot to exterminate those with magic, Leon is a mix of Old and New, just wanting to take what's his. With his rebirth, Leon's ready to take over the world with his load of treasure and wealth with shrewdness, starting from the very academy that he hated, and let the mob character disrupt the way he knows how.

With studio ENGI on board, this is looking to be like Full Dive, so I have some expectations for this one.
KANLen09Apr 3, 2022 8:13 AM
Apr 3, 2022 7:30 AM

Jul 2021
First things first, the OP and ED are pretty good, one of the best so far in Spring 2022! But my first and expected impression, what the fuck are those eyes? also don't get me wrong I had this moment with other animes too and the character design in this looks goddamn awful just by the appearance but honestly that's expected in any of those type of anime so I can't really blame to whoever implemented that part so gotta grew up with it :/

Anyways the dating sim part is an interesting premise and my man Leon is very addicted to this type of game and he even got huge eyebags, how relatable as to those living otakus out there. For the most part though I'm quite intrigued with the gaming and action oriented aspect plus I kinda really want the direction to where they used more of a first person perspective for the Leon guy more often because it kinda looks cool in the beginning ngl but overall the adventuring part is pretty interesting, also the fight between the robot was pretty much a nice highlight episode for me. Not a bad first episode I can't wait for ENGI to pull up another the detective is already dead shenanigans and it got potential yeah.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 3, 2022 7:33 AM
Jan 2022
As a person who read source material.

The anime followed it very well.
But man the art style is just awful.
Leon looks bit decent but those side char looks like a hent** characters made by Studio PORO.

The episode 1 had decent Animation so far.
They also did this with Detective is already dead only Episode 1 had a Good Animation and pacing.

I really love the plot of this series so i am gonna still gonna watch it.
Apr 3, 2022 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
Sorry, but the eyes still bother me even when seeing animated. I applaud their attempt to keep the mecha scenes in 2D as much as possible, but it was all for nothing if they destroy the character designs like that
Apr 3, 2022 7:46 AM
Oct 2016
Definitely not how myself or most people would think this first episode to go. It seems this will be very different from My Life as a Villainess, the only other otome game isekai I've seen or even heard of. This show almost seems like it's dismantling otome games themselves. Bashing how many aren't well made and try to shoehorn in other random genres. I'm sure some people, and especially dumb critics, will zero in on Leon himself saying he just hates women and that's what the author is saying or whatever. Which would be total bullshit, Leon just doesn't like how dumb that world is. Men get treated like second class citizens while women hold all the power. Especially over someone like him who's only a third born son. I can perfectly understand his cynicism.

Yet he doesn't wallow in that idea, instead he thinks of a way to advance his station in this shitty world. Leon having played the otome game in question beforehand definitely let him have the insider knowledge to change his circumstances. He's not gonna take this lying down and I respect that. We can't just accept the bad hand we're dealt. Now he did have a leg up since he played the game already but regardless Leon still faced hardships that he did know about. I'm intrigued to see how he's gonna deal with things at the academy with the actual in game characters.
Apr 3, 2022 7:55 AM
Sep 2018
They did an excellent job of summarizing the background in the initial info dump, and actually made the info dump amusing.
Unlike what a previous commenter said, Our Boi is not an Otome Game Addict, he's a younger brother blackmailed by his older sister to do a full clear so she can view the Final Achievement video; I don't know what her blackmail evidence was, but I doubt it justified his working himself to the point of exhaustion and dyeing after falling down the stairs.

Anyway, the result of doing the full clear is that he knows this game setting inside and out. To the extent that it mirrors the game. And so far... it's lining up.

I thought the animation was very good, both flow and design.
I enjoyed the soundtrack, to the extent I consciously noticed it.
The voice acting is top notch.
And nothing crucial was left out from the perspective of a reader of the LNs.

I think it's a good solid adaptation so far.
Apr 3, 2022 8:12 AM

Feb 2018
Don't read source material, but this one feels like a standard ENGI adaptation: extremely cheap visuals, laughable direction and boring storyline.
Dropped after 5 minutes
Apr 3, 2022 8:24 AM
Apr 2020
Its out already? welp im gonna wait till ep 10 and then start watching it
Apr 3, 2022 8:26 AM
Aug 2016
kataneer said:
Don't read source material, but this one feels like a standard ENGI adaptation: extremely cheap visuals, laughable direction and boring storyline.
Dropped after 5 minutes

You seem like a troll that has nothing to add to this discussion, especially since you dropped it after 5 mins.

I enjoyed the first episode myself, the animation seems a little sub par, but enjoyed the plot so far.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 3, 2022 8:28 AM
Feb 2016
Slide show opening LOL🤣🤣🤣.
Apr 3, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2018
player2aj said:

You seem like a troll that has nothing to add to this discussion

player2aj said:

I enjoyed the first episode myself, the animation seems a little sub par, but enjoyed the plot so far.

Wow, you have added so much useful info to this discussion.

Episode discussions exist to share your emotions with other users. They can be negative too, and it's normal, you know?

Apr 3, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
good eps 1, i don't have the problem with the animation or character design even the eyes design sometimes make me sick but i like the story.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Apr 3, 2022 8:56 AM
Oct 2021
Though i can't ignore how dogshit, horrible, bad, substandard, unpleasant, inadequate, awful, grim, distressing and depressing the animation level is. I still think this show has potential to redeem itself story wise and plot wise. But the animation still doggy.
test
Apr 3, 2022 9:08 AM
Sep 2015
First of all, nice OP song, especially the drum, it has a metal touch.
Second, the devil is in the detail, I like when the music suddenly change to battle music with no smooth transition when Leon encounter fish monster, just like an indie video game.
Third, yes, a world where woman holds power, we need a world like that for a long time now, next step is a world where LGBT holds power.
Fourth, this will get compared a lot to Hamefura, but after the first episode I'm happy to confirm that they're two different beast.
Fifth, his sister should play BL game, haha, it's gonna be even better when he get isekai to BL world.
Sixth, in every isekai anime where death is required to get isekai, I always think that there should be a way back (or back and forth) to the original world. Isn't it too cruel to apart from your world, your family? Even if your life in the original world is a shitty one, there should always be a way back.
Apr 3, 2022 9:09 AM
Oct 2017
the eye design still cannot be accept it for female character but for male character it look pretty decent
Apr 3, 2022 9:14 AM

Aug 2021
they went with the premise that nothing makes sense and it looks like it's gonna continue in that way only. I'm gonna keep watching
Apr 3, 2022 9:19 AM

Sep 2018
That was... "interesting"

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 3, 2022 9:25 AM
Oct 2017
if anyone wanted to read similar plot like this anime, there was manga and webnovel title "Villager A Wants to Save the Villainess no Matter What!"

Plot
"Allen, an eight-year-old boy from a poor family in the royal capital, is living a poor but happy life together with his mother. One day, however, memories of his previous life suddenly come back to him and he remembers that he is in an Otome dating sim game and that the capital will be destroyed by war if he doesn't do something about it. If this continues, both he and his mother will be killed!

With a sense of urgency, he decides to rise to the occasion in order to save his precious mother's life and save his favorite character, the villainous young lady Anastasia, the only girl he liked in the game, from her all too tragic and ruinous end.

This is the story of a man who isn't even a character in the game, but who strives with his steely determination and uses all the knowledge he has to turn overcome fate!

Apr 3, 2022 9:26 AM
Oct 2020
ok first episode.
Apr 3, 2022 9:45 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows the pre-reborn episode in the game he was playing and chasing something that could take him to the gym.
Apr 3, 2022 9:54 AM

Feb 2014
Mmm, the mix of fantasy, harem and sci-fi elements presented in here is very interesting, I wanna see more of it, I don't really mind the character desing.
Crossing my fingers ENGI won't screw it up.
Apr 3, 2022 10:00 AM
May 2021
So do dating sims normally have wars, mecha, and deaths or is this anime just suffering from an identity crisis?
Apr 3, 2022 10:05 AM

May 2013
Character designs are mostly fine. People freak out over the smallest things as always.

It's interesting that the show is openly saying the setting makes no sense. Gotta love it xD. Not sure I like the MC, but it teetered along that line this episode: I don't hate him or anything. I think if they tip toe that line without becoming annoying cynical, he'll turn out alright. Animation was pretty decent and the absurd setting led to some cool scenes already. Info dump wasn't too bad either, and the ED was actually a bop! Liking this so far at least.
Apr 3, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2016
so far so good actually
Apr 3, 2022 10:12 AM

May 2020
Well, truck-kun seems like he's off-duty for some time. Man gets isekai'd straight into the one world he absolutely hates, and by his own words a world with totally unreasonable settings. Would be interesting to see how his experience from finishing the game would aid him through this life. A decent start I guess.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 3, 2022 10:22 AM

Apr 2021
The episode was good actually. At least better than expected.

I thought it would be way worse after watching the trailer.

Of course the character designs are unacceptable. But everything else is fairly good.
Apr 3, 2022 10:23 AM
Jan 2021
I like the first episode quite a bit it’s a little different than other isekai’s so i’m excited to see more. I know it won’t be an anime that’s groundbreaking or anything but just enjoyable to watch.
Apr 3, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode.The animation was ok in my opinion but the eyes are awful.Apart from that the everything was good in this episode.

The story is good so if the anime maintains this quality this will be a good adaptation.

We got introduced to Leon this episode and how he got Luxion.Also his adventure was shown.Finally we are beginning Academy next episode.

Apr 3, 2022 10:39 AM
Dec 2021
Bruh just use the money and live freely
Apr 3, 2022 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
Imagine your sister is blackmailing you into playing an otome game? 😅 The way he died on the way to the convenience store after playing till exhaustion was also hilariously dumb.

Seriously, it feels like these isekai authors have too much fun outdoing each other when it comes to their set up scenarios.

Ok start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2022 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
#1 rule: Do not base your impression on pilot episode.

Apr 3, 2022 11:01 AM

Jul 2021
especially when the studio is ENGI
Apr 3, 2022 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
I mean the first episode of anime ENGI produced: The Detective is Already Dead was also pretty good, but then it went downhill after that for the next 11 episodes.
So i still don't want to put higher expectation on this yet, at least for now..
Apr 3, 2022 11:17 AM
Aug 2015
Loved the source material. The adaptation looks like its just another cash grab though, really conflicted about this.
Apr 3, 2022 11:20 AM
Nov 2016
I will wait and see how it goes and then tell the thoughts about the anime hope they will not disappoint us like detective is already dead
Apr 3, 2022 11:22 AM
Sep 2018
It's not bad, it's terrible.
Apr 3, 2022 11:23 AM

Apr 2021
mshfqtny said:
The episode was good actually. At least better than expected.

I thought it would be way worse after watching the trailer.

Of course the character designs are unacceptable. But everything else is fairly good.

Yep, I'm agree.. Eventhough isn't it a bit rushed at the part when Leon was talking to Luxion at the first time? But it still acceptable tho.. everything except the chara design..

Though maybe we'll get used to it after few episodes more.. Just if ENGI can mantain the plot progression and everything will be fine i guess?
Apr 3, 2022 11:28 AM
Oct 2020
everything else is good
even the adaptation is great.
just disappointed in character design.
Apr 3, 2022 11:35 AM
May 2021
yo this is really unique. Loved the episode 1 , excited for next episodes 😂😂🔥
Apr 3, 2022 11:39 AM

Jan 2021
People are complaining about the eyes/animation; excuse me we had 2 trailers showing what the show would look like.

I'll give this show the three episode rule, if I don't like it I'll read more of the manga. Hopefully our main character isn't going to be constantly screaming "all men are kings, women trash." I want this to be good, I've heard good things about the manga and the first few chapters impressed me.
Apr 3, 2022 11:49 AM

Jun 2013
Little too similar to Bakarina for me, but not a bad start
Apr 3, 2022 11:50 AM
Mar 2016
PurpleMagic said:
People are complaining about the eyes/animation; excuse me we had 2 trailers showing what the show would look like.

I'll give this show the three episode rule, if I don't like it I'll read more of the manga. Hopefully our main character isn't going to be constantly screaming "all men are kings, women trash." I want this to be good, I've heard good things about the manga and the first few chapters impressed me.

Most of us source reader are still in despair over the eye design and we are in the place where we will watch it anyways even if it the art look like that ( since source are way better in term of art direction )

imo as a source reader myself, the pacing is quite good for first episode
and MC is definitely a unique along with the Spaceship AI ( the floating ball beside him )

Apr 3, 2022 11:50 AM

Nov 2014
Studio ENGI....

Ok so I think Detective is already Dead was a shit story to begin with and the studio screwing it up didn't help much.

Otome Game's source material is a fun read as is and shitty character designs, and probably pacing can only mess it up so much.

I think most people will look past it and enjoy the series.
Apr 3, 2022 11:56 AM

Aug 2015
interesting anime, not an ordinary isekai tbh lmao
Apr 3, 2022 12:05 PM
Jun 2021
I've read both the manga and the LN and I loved every bit of them, this series is easily in my top 10 all time. But this adaptation just turned me off after a solid 5 minutes into the first episode. And to be precise, I can't stand the artstyle. The eyes of the characters are beyond horrendous and the design of the heroines looks like it's fresh off a goddamn h*ntai.
Apr 3, 2022 12:13 PM

Feb 2019
Alright so trapped in a dating sim is actually pretty original, assuming it stays like this. Instead of being the center of the harem,being a mob is a pretty unique take on the Otome genre, hopefully it stays good.
Apr 3, 2022 12:15 PM

Oct 2011
I hope next ep does smth not to keep it bad...
Is this for male audience too...? sighs
Apr 3, 2022 12:21 PM
Mar 2022
I don't like the character design, it feels different from the illustrations from the light novel and manga. Maybe i'm the only one who feels it?
Apr 3, 2022 12:24 PM
Sep 2020
I loved the manga and the light novel...Anime is not bad but the character design has been downgraded to death...LN has such great character illustrations..pains me to see them ruined this way
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

92 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 19, 12:32 AM

» About the art

TheUnkovvn - May 4, 2022

41 by ryoko6 »»
Apr 18, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2022

71 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2022

121 by Buchta »»
Feb 21, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.